HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

COMPLETE LIST of possible Hawken Improvements

Beta Community Review Game

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

Poll: Priority list (142 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think should be changed IN PRIORITY before the 2nd closed beta session_ (multiple choice possible)

1. Fonts (17 votes [5.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.11%

2. Server Filters (64 votes [19.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.22%

3. Film Grain Toggle (39 votes [11.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.71%

4. More Graphic Options (Anti aliasing/trilinear filters and the like) (40 votes [12.01%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.01%

5. No Load-out Reset (21 votes [6.31%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.31%

6. "Uncap 60FPS" Toggle (23 votes [6.91%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.91%

7. 3rd Camera Option (15 votes [4.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.50%

8. In-game Chat (40 votes [12.01%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.01%

9. Controller support (XBOX 360 pad, PS pad ...) (20 votes [6.01%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.01%

10. More Mech Customization (cf. end of post) (54 votes [16.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.22%

Would you use a 3rd person camera to play Hawken_

1. Yes (15 votes [13.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.39%

2. No (39 votes [34.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 34.82%

3. Too damn complicated to code at this stage of development, leave the devs alone! (13 votes [11.61%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.61%

4. Why not as a spectator mode_ (45 votes [40.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.18%

Will you spend actual money in the game when it is out_

1. Yes (38 votes [36.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.54%

2. No (12 votes [11.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.54%

3. Depends on whether they listen to community feedback before 12.12.12 (17 votes [16.35%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.35%

4. Depends on how they improve the game till 12.12.12 (37 votes [35.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.58%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Th4nis

Th4nis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted November 01 2012 - 03:18 AM

View Postxcalknight, on October 29 2012 - 06:53 AM, said:

In-game-Mechanics
The repair function is good in assault-tdm and even if you one day implement a ctf with two or one flag in the center.
But in dm there should be something like instant health buff increase upon killng an opponet.
For example you are in the fight both players on 20%health you kill a guy and gain bonus health for kiling him and you are now on 70% or: the amount of dmg you've done to him is how much health you are going to get from that kill.
This is good if the kill was assisted one and you should not gain whole bonus.
Also to this type of mechanic the bonus should be related on what mech did you kill because if you killed rocketeer and you are berserk you could go back to 100% health, but if you where assault you could gain max of 75%.
This mechanic could also extend to instant 3sec full fuel, or instant cooldown of weapons if they are in the red zone, or even both. If the game itself had something like this implemented I believe the game would be even more fast paced mech mayhem. Why_ Well you do die alot in the game no matter if you are skilled or no skilled, but this way you could have a chance for double kill, triple kill, multi kill, rampage ect.  But this is something that would have to be really cautioslly implemented.

Well, this is pretty interesting indeed. I too felt that the repair + dm didn't work at all, especially on Andromeda (Sahara was better with this) but I think that it is already implanted in-game! :D When you kill a mech or see someone kill a mech, the destroyed mech leaves a yellow "bubble" floating, and when you are on it, it "repairs" you almost instantly, much like the green energy in the missile mode. Or Siege mode, can't remember which. Point is: it already is there, at least on Sahara & Alleys it was. Perhaps make the bubble more obvious_ I can't remember seeing this on Andromeda... weird. Maybe they tried different DM mechanics or maybe I did not pay attention then.

Edited by Th4nis, November 01 2012 - 03:19 AM.

#62 Arcana13

Arcana13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted November 01 2012 - 03:57 AM

Those repair orbs that  drops if you destroyed an enemy mech only drops in death match, TDM and prolly missile too, Maps doesn't matter (feel free to correct me). Siege mode only drops the green EU thingy that doesn't heal. The yellow orbs function exactly like the heal orb item, except that they only heal bout 100-150 hp (I dont remember the exact number). You can actually see them in your mini map, it's those small white dots. If you want to see how they are used and look like check the vid in my sig : P (it's even andromeda DM)

Edit: I leveled up to a Member w0000t!!!

Edited by Arcana13, November 01 2012 - 03:59 AM.

#63 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted November 01 2012 - 12:33 PM

Just to go over the list as it stands right now:
Third Person POV is not a simple UI change. It has HUGE repercussions when it comes to balance.
Third person spectate, and the third person camera while repairing are fine, but a third person camera while playing would be an undeniable advantage if it was implemented correctly. Having a third person camera that lines up correctly allows people to peek around corners for free, and provides a much wider field of view than would ever be feasible with first person FOV changes

The C Class mech's turret mode is greatly flawed when considering the normal flow of a match. While adding a health indicator to it is a fairly basic and obvious way to improve it, it still doesn't get the C mech out of its ability-less playstyle

IMO players shouldn't be able to shoot the ship down. It places too little importance on the AA

I'm not going to restart the pro/anti customization argument in this thread, because it's a fairly lengthy discussion that needs to be in its own thread. I will, however, point out the numerous F2P titles right now that have tried and, in the consumer's eyes, horribly messed up customization (but made a boatload of money as a result). I think the mech balance right now is pretty close to perfect
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#64 Therris

Therris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted November 02 2012 - 06:37 AM

Can't seem to vote in poll for some reason.

1) Third person, please
2) Surround support, please.

#65 gunhe4d

gunhe4d

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted November 06 2012 - 10:16 AM

Just reviewing the list of suggestions in the OP and I just want to say there isn't a single item listed that I don't think would be an improvement to the game.  Very well done!

#66 Therris

Therris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted November 06 2012 - 11:11 AM

Won't let me vote, keeps giving the 'OOPS something went wrong' message.

I just want 3rd person and Surround support.
Both are crucial for me.

I would PAY for the game if it had both features.
Can't enjoy play without third person and cannot enjoy play without Surround mode, frankly. Just my honest .02.

#67 TerranCmdr

TerranCmdr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted November 06 2012 - 12:39 PM

I can't vote either, but I think chat needs a revamp, 3rd person for spectator only, and yes, I plan on buying one of the starter packs. :)
Awesome Sentium logo in my avatar by erathic

#68 Th4nis

Th4nis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted November 10 2012 - 04:39 AM

I know this is an old CBE1 post: for those of you who couldn't vote: you had to uncast your votes. If you still can't, I don't know what to do lol. Will re-post this list in the CBE2 forum with adjustments & thanks.

#69 R3TRI8UTI0N

R3TRI8UTI0N

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationMuskegon, Michigan

Posted November 20 2012 - 05:18 PM

This comes a little late, but I could continue it.
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beta, Community, Review, Game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users