HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Development Update: 06/28/2014

• Please log in to reply
215 replies to this topic

#41 KejiGoto

KejiGoto

Scruffy Lookin' Nerf Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted June 28 2014 - 08:14 PM

View PostThirdEyE, on June 28 2014 - 07:59 PM, said:

To those of you unhappy with the development update, what specifically would you want to hear more about_

Thanks to Hughes for taking the time to communicate what is and has been going on recently, and thanks to all the Hawken team for their hard work and late nights at the office.  I appreciate the effort to communicate more in the near future, as that will hopefully restore many community members' trust in you and prevent another wave of "Hawken is dying" threads.

This is kind of my thoughts as well though I'm baffled by those who are disappointed and think the update is no update at all. One of the biggest issues with Hawken (the servers) is being tackled and unfortunately this takes time as things transferred over and brought online. In the end this will improve Hawken's performance and answer a complaint that has existed for a long time.

All I'm seeing from a lot of people is "The servers suck! Fix the servers! Stop making new content and fix it!"

"Okay, we're fixing our servers and getting a whole new system online involving both hardware and software." the developers said.

"Ugh you guys don't do anything! Where are the updates_! I expected more!" go the complainers.

It's like there is no winning here... Focus on new content like they have in the past and people complain about the servers, focus on the servers and people complain about the lack of content. I know you can't please everyone but this is getting ridiculous in many ways.

To Adhesive, keep on doing what you guys do best and I hope the database and server transfers go as smoothly as possible. Just know that the effort and time this sort of thing takes is appreciated and at the end of the day the more players who have access to better servers the better off Hawken will be. Don't let those who feel the need to constantly be negative drag you guys down, it sucks to deal with but not everyone shares their opinions and there is a good chunk of us who understand that not everything can be sunshine and rainbows all the time. I've said it before and I'll say it again, take the time needed to get Hawken running as smoothly as possible before getting into the whole adding new content gig again. There's no point in adding to something that isn't functioning as it should be.

Looking forward to the next update.

Posted Image

#42 OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Location2300-2400 Pilot Camp

Posted June 28 2014 - 08:30 PM

Do it on a petabyte system. Tell me after that.  :)

Scootin' and Shootin | Ballin' and Brawlin' | Ragin' and Raidin'

Posted Image

I am Omega Null. The abyss is my home and your last frontier. Welcome to my lair and become my Prey. As I track your scent through this nether,

my mouth begins to water. Your Demise will be quick and wretched.

Enjoy your Pain and Suffering as I tear Limb from Limb. Prepare to meet your Final End.

Member of Violent Resolution

#43 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted June 28 2014 - 08:34 PM

I like the amount of transparency in this update.
It's very no-BS, addresses the reality of the situation, and offers a decent perspective of what it's like from ADH's side of things.

This is the sort of communication I can respect.

Thank you.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#44 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted June 28 2014 - 08:38 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on June 28 2014 - 08:34 PM, said:

It's very no-BS, addresses the reality of the situation, and offers a decent perspective of what it's like from ADH's side of things.

Thank you.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#45 craftydus

craftydus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationIn The Uterus of Love

Posted June 28 2014 - 08:45 PM

TIL what technical debt means, and now I have a craving for wings and beer...

Posted Image

#46 N0stalgia

N0stalgia

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, California

Posted June 28 2014 - 08:47 PM

I'm flummoxed. I've been quoting 80's jams with respect to the dev team and what they must be going through. Queen and Survivor.

Little to no responses.

Do I have to start busting out Journey_
Call me Nos.

#47 Aims

Aims

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted June 28 2014 - 09:51 PM

Thanks for the update, it is appreciated. It can be difficult to contribute positively when surrounded by negativity so just take a step back before posting, people.

#48 TheVulong

TheVulong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted June 28 2014 - 10:28 PM

To those of you unhappy with the development update, what specifically would you want to hear more about_
Gameplay adjustments, balance changes, fate of Air Compressor, Incinerator, turret modes, state of the Bazaar rework, some certain dates here and there - tons of stuff people actually want to know about.

Posted Image

#49 teeth_03

teeth_03

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted June 28 2014 - 10:40 PM

To those who are pretty hardcore about Hawken: I can understand your reasons to feel sorry and pity the developers for all the issues they are facing. Hughes did a good job with that post, very well written (better than anything I can write)

From the perspective of a more casual player: I am disappointed the update did not have more meat. Unfortunately, if I read more updates like this, especially ones that are weeks apart, I will get bored with this game. To be perfectly blunt, you guys should have redone the back end of this game before putting it on Steam. Now you just have to hope and pray there is a player base to build up again once your done fixing everything.

#50 Zdragow

Zdragow

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDrowning in energy drinks

Posted June 28 2014 - 10:47 PM

I'm extremely glad to see you guys working on an issue that will make everyone happier in the end. I can't find a reason to complain, and am actually excited about the thought of being able to play on stable and proper servers.

Honestly, you devs are troopers. Pushing forward on something like this amidst the flak shower of negativity. It can be crushing, especially for a smaller company. It makes you question why you're even doing it and if you'll even see the future of it. And yet you soldier on to create a better experience for everyone, even if they fail to acknowledge the fact that you really are making things better.
Reminds me of Basic Training way too much.

I hold faith that what we'll see from you guys later on will be something extremely awesome. Even with the issues that are still present.

Call me an Axe-kisser, protecting my investments, or what have you. Doesn't matter to me.
I just genuinely enjoy this game, more so than I have any other in my short life.

So thanks, Hughes and the dev team, for sticking through it. You guys are awesome.

#51 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted June 28 2014 - 10:51 PM

View Postplons, on June 28 2014 - 04:57 PM, said:

hmmm

mmmmh

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#52 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted June 28 2014 - 11:01 PM

You know, this update works for me. I'm glad to see that things are still rolling in the world of Hawken, and that you're still alive. And I guess I won't be missing a major patch in the game due to me being in Mexico for the next week so I guess it's kinda a pleasant surprise. Kinda bummed there isn't new content but at the same time I'm glad I'm not gonna miss anything new and that the servers are getting the fix they need. Keep soldiering on Adhesive and I guess I'll see you on the next update.

Edited by SoldierHobbes11, June 28 2014 - 11:07 PM.

Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#53 Z3roCool007

Z3roCool007

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in you're room.

Posted June 29 2014 - 12:05 AM

I still want that hat.
Posted Image

Now I know we can never be friends

-EliteShooter

#54 ThirdEyE

ThirdEyE

Moderator 007

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted June 29 2014 - 12:08 AM

View PostTheVulong, on June 28 2014 - 10:28 PM, said:

Gameplay adjustments, balance changes, fate of Air Compressor, Incinerator, turret modes, state of the Bazaar rework, some certain dates here and there - tons of stuff people actually want to know about.

Since they are focusing on migration I doubt that those are currently being worked on.  If they aren't working on them then there's probably no reason to update about it, thus the lack of information.

Would you prefer that they forgo what they are working on in favor of balance and content_
Posted Image

Offering coaching on all mechs, maps, and gametypes, PM if interested.

Violent Resolution - http://vr-gaming.org/

Hawken IRC - #hawkenscrim

#55 Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted June 29 2014 - 12:19 AM

good luck adhesive

- lok'tar ogar -

#56 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted June 29 2014 - 12:23 AM

I'm quite glad to see this, thanks devs!  Hopefully, things will get better later on for you folks.

#57 SparkyJJC

SparkyJJC

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationThe country of tea and crumpets

Posted June 29 2014 - 12:34 AM

I don't know about you all but after each Development update, I get more and more excited even if it is just database migration. This'll mean better performance, and who doesn't like better performance_

Thanks so much ADH for working your hardest in the hopes of giving us a better experience :)

As always,
Good luck :)
Posted Image

#58 Teljaxx

Teljaxx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts
  • LocationIn the thick of 8;;8

Posted June 29 2014 - 01:02 AM

I see through your tricks, AWS. This is not really Huges writing this! The AWS servers have become sentient, and do not want Hawken to leave, so they replaced the Dev team with robot clones and they posted this to make us think everything is fine. The issues are not with the servers, but with the last of the human resistance in the Adhesive offices!

HAWKEN IS DOOMED! Doomed to forever play on laggy servers! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!!
Always on the move / My trigger finger itches / If it moves, shoot it!  Posted Image8;;8

#59 Krellus

Krellus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted June 29 2014 - 01:10 AM

id just like the scanner deleted, and non-continuous tech heals.

#60 DaPheel

DaPheel

EXPLOSIONS_

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Posted June 29 2014 - 01:19 AM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on June 28 2014 - 08:34 PM, said:

Thank you.
Seconded.

I had hoped for some new content, but I appretiate the clarity on their situation.
Posted Image"OFFICIAL SHIELD BEARER"
Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users