HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Development Update: 06/28/2014

• Please log in to reply
215 replies to this topic

#81 hoghead

hoghead

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • LocationShow Me State

Posted June 29 2014 - 07:48 AM

Thanks for the update. I like Nepas quote kill hackers..... most enjoyable game I've played keep it coming! :)

#82 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted June 29 2014 - 07:58 AM

I like Nepas quote kill hackers
they should be start thinking about it a one year ago, when people starting see hackers on battlefields, and asking about anti-cheat system (ok, i asking, maybe not all people).
Do you not think that the reaction was "slightly" too late_ =/

Sorry for I AM A SPAMMER PLEASE BAN ME English, I typing without google-translator help.

Hey! Devs broken all thing what I love in hawken.
Early they fixed "The Root" on wreckage map! Now they censor my B@ba Ji !
That's not good!
Nepacaka is angry!!1

It is look like they killed all what I love. Should I say: "devs, nepacaka loves high ping, invisible wall and disbalance!"
Maybe after this phrase they fixed game :lol:

Edited by nepacaka, June 29 2014 - 08:12 AM.

#83 Ade_the_Rare

Ade_the_Rare

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted June 29 2014 - 08:34 AM

I appreciate the update. I also feel sorry for the devs.

Give people updates => scepticism
Don't give people updates => scepticism

I've said it once and I'll say it again, I think it's impressive to have a game functioning at this level while it's still being developed, yet alone what Hawken is today!

Of course it's better to put out the metaphorical kitchen fire first before carrying on, but there'll always be a few people who'd prefer you to keep working 24/7 to accomplish what they want while the world was burning around you, and all you had to eat was cold sandwiches. Some of these people also:

1. Ritualistically kill people until they're caught by the authorities
2. Run FTSE 100 companies
3. Run pre-packed sandwich companies

Posted Image

#84 Harlotry

Harlotry

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted June 29 2014 - 08:45 AM

This update is a case of too little too late, to be honest.  I've only played since February, but I have not seen enough content rolled out in the roughly 5 months I've played to warrant putting money into this game.  What have we gotten since then_  Minor "fixes".  The G2 Raider (A complete rehash of another mech.  Hardly qualifies as new content).  Some balance changes.  Yet the game is still plagued with major problems and here we are hearing essentially that no content patches are planned for some time.

Maybe it's time for Adhesive to admit they screwed this game royally.  The beta was launched December 2012.  Here we are nearly 2 years later, and I'd say this game is beta quality, at best.  The development process has been painfully slow. And let's be honest here; a new map here and there and a rehashed mech every couple of months isn't going to keep people around.  I'm guessing this game is very close to being unprofitable for Adhesive.

It needs a massive rehaul.  A huge content patch featuring multiple new maps.  New weapons introduced alongside new mechs.  The party system, a basic feature in most games, must be better implemented, matchmaking is still awful and terrain glitches should not exist in a game that's nearly two years old.

I've introduced a few friends to this game.  They all loved it for a few hours and either grew bored or got frustrated with the matchmaking/other issues.  I'm the only one who's stuck around.  And even I'm ready to go elsewhere.  The lack of a roadmap is absolutely unacceptable.  I understand the developers don't want to promise things and not deliver, but it would make spending money on this game feel safer.  Right now, a lot of people have no idea where this game is going.  We deserve to know what our money is going into.  Right now, I'd say the content you guys have pushed over the past 5 months has not been worth the ~$30 I've spent.

Now, before any "old school beta players" show up and tell me good riddance, if I don't like it I can leave, etc, keep in mind people ARE leaving.  I don't really care if you've played since the beta.  That's on you.  I'm not going to keep dealing with frustrating glitches, poor matchmaking and other bugs on top of a lack of new content.  I've already began my search for another game.  If this game isn't dead by the time UT2014 launches, that will surely kill it.  But if all you old school players want to keep praising Adhesive for updates like this, go ahead.  I'm not going stay just because of the time and money I've put in.  I won't let the sunk cost fallacy dictate what I play.

I would advise people to put pressure on the developers.  Hawken should offer a lot more than it currently does after two years of development.  But this is the issue with the new fad of "early access" and beta games that make profits.  It creates lazy developers who are getting paid for half a game.  I'm really curious when Adhesive sees this game losing it's early access tag.  I'm willing to bet it never does.  It's easier to hide behind that and say "You knew it wasn't finished!  Don't be mad!"

#85 UncleBlitz

UncleBlitz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Location...ǝp¡s ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ uo

Posted June 29 2014 - 09:37 AM

View PostHarlotry, on June 29 2014 - 08:45 AM, said:

...  I've already began my search for another game.  If this game isn't dead by the time UT2014 launches, that will surely kill it...

lol....if it s planed to be UT2014.....it should be finished in 2015 or 2016 and called UT4...traditions ;)

...oh and thanks for this "human" update.... :D

Edited by UncleBlitz, June 29 2014 - 09:45 AM.

#86 Harlotry

Harlotry

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted June 29 2014 - 10:10 AM

View PostUncleBlitz, on June 29 2014 - 09:37 AM, said:

...  I've already began my search for another game.  If this game isn't dead by the time UT2014 launches, that will surely kill it...

lol....if it s planed to be UT2014.....it should be finished in 2015 or 2016 and called UT4...traditions ;)

...oh and thanks for this "human" update.... :D

It doesn't matter what it's called.  The fact is it will provide the same experience as Hawken, with probably a far greater level of polish and content.  But hey, the devs can keep taking their sweet time and watch the player base bleed and kill it before UT even launches.

#87 Zaxik

Zaxik

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • LocationPrague, Czech republic

Posted June 29 2014 - 10:11 AM

I'm happy. Maintaining backend is very important and if it needs some bigger rewamp, better do it sooner than later. New content is for nothing if the base game is not working well. I really hope the changes will bring a smoother experience.

Thanks for the update :)
Got few Hawken vids here on my YT.

#88 Fstroke

Fstroke

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts
  • LocationCT

Posted June 29 2014 - 10:23 AM

Utter fuzzy bunny nonsense

I could only get through 1/4 of your post because of how moronic it was. Maybe you should check your facts before typing some ridiculous self important wall of text. I'll wait but im sure you are as ignorant as you let on to be.

#89 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted June 29 2014 - 10:32 AM

View PostFakeName, on June 28 2014 - 10:51 PM, said:

View Postplons, on June 28 2014 - 04:57 PM, said:

hmmm

mmmmh

I expected some thought about the update TBH. Seems like all of the fuzzy bunny you were repeating isn't viable anymore.

Posted Image

#90 Harlotry

Harlotry

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted June 29 2014 - 10:33 AM

View PostFstroke, on June 29 2014 - 10:23 AM, said:

Utter fuzzy bunny nonsense

I could only get through 1/4 of your post because of how moronic it was. Maybe you should check your facts before typing some ridiculous self important wall of text. I'll wait but im sure you are as ignorant as you let on to be.

Funny, I post nothing insulting to anyone and you come in and act like a child.  But hey, the devs need more people to stroke their fuzzy bunny while they put off releasing content.  Don't worry, soon they'll let you fluff them, tiger.

#91 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted June 29 2014 - 10:40 AM

This update is a case of too little too late, to be honest.  I've only played since February, but I have not seen enough content rolled out in the roughly 5 months I've played to warrant putting money into this game.  What have we gotten since then_  Minor "fixes".  The G2 Raider (A complete rehash of another mech.  Hardly qualifies as new content).  Some balance changes.  Yet the game is still plagued with major problems and here we are hearing essentially that no content patches are planned for some time.

You've got some selective memory or have been very inactive.

What we've actually gotten since February is:

Incinerator
G2 Assault
G2 Raider
4 new chassis
Changes to EMP item and Grenadier ability
At least 1 new item
An economy adjustment and lowering of prices across the board
Return of 24-player Mayhem servers
New co-op TDM
Singapore servers
US Central servers (_)
Private servers (currently limited)
Pilot emblems
A dozen or so new emblems
All cockpit customizations
The ability to apply thrusters, skins, and repair drones globally
New pattern and solid color skins
At least 4 bundle packs at discount prices for new players with unique emblems

And I'm probably missing a few more things... besides all the minor bug fixes, stability fixes, and maintenance.

I would advise people to put pressure on the developers.  Hawken should offer a lot more than it currently does after two years of development.  But this is the issue with the new fad of "early access" and beta games that make profits.  It creates lazy developers who are getting paid for half a game.  I'm really curious when Adhesive sees this game losing it's early access tag.  I'm willing to bet it never does.  It's easier to hide behind that and say "You knew it wasn't finished!  Don't be mad!"

For one, the pressure has already been on. In case you didn't read the full announcement, people whining isn't going to help them in any way, shape or form that they're not already aware of or being pressured about internally and externally. They're people too, and they're not mindless idiots. They know the current state of affairs better than any of us. Insulting them by calling them lazy is poor judgement on your part.
Yes they could have planned better, but hindsight isn't going to help at this point. The fact of the matter is that they HAVE been pumping out loads of content and HAVE done several major overhauls (it's a different game from Alpha and Closed Beta). They pumped out so much content because of OUR PRESSURE, that they didn't keep up with fixing the problems they knew they'd have to eventually fix.
It's better that they fix things now, in what has only been a month without new content mind you, so they can progress without further interruptions than to further sink down the rabbit hole of not fixing underlying problems just so you get some new content every week you might want to spend $5 on...

Edited by nokari, June 29 2014 - 10:53 AM.

Posted Image

#92 Fstroke

Fstroke

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts
  • LocationCT

Posted June 29 2014 - 10:45 AM

Your definitions of whats childish or insulting are very selective. Besides I dont need to feel insulted to tell you how wrong you are. Nokari was just getting started.

#93 Harlotry

Harlotry

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted June 29 2014 - 10:49 AM

View Postnokari, on June 29 2014 - 10:40 AM, said:

You've got some selective memory or have been very inactive.

What we've actually gotten since February is:

Incinerator
G2 Assault
G2 Raider
4 new chassis
Changes to EMP item and Grenadier ability
At least 1 new item
An economy adjustment and lowering of prices across the board
Return of 24-player Mayhem servers
New co-op TDM
Singapore servers
US Central servers (_)
Private servers (currently limited)
Pilot emblems
A dozen or so new emblems
All cockpit customizations
The ability to apply thrusters, skins, and repair drones globally
New pattern and solid color skins
At least 4 bundle packs for new players with unique emblems

And I'm probably missing a few more things... besides all the minor bug fixes, stability fixes, and maintenance.

So let's look at what could be considered quality content here:
Incinerator is a quality mech.  It's balance is fuzzy bunny, but still, quality.
The G2s are a joke.  Literally just rehashes.  Not even competitive.  Wouldn't call this quality.
Chassis/emblems/paint schemes/cockpit customization/etc  Who cares_  There's much more important things they should be addressing.
24 player Mayhem servers were popular for all of 4 days and now nobody plays them.  Awesome!
Lowering of prices across the board and global customization - this was needed.  Many people said the prices were too high.  I agreed.  The quality just isn't there to warrant those prices.
Singapore servers - Couldn't care less.  I'm certain those servers are more dead than the US servers, and those are pretty dead.

Nearly half your list is just customization options or rehashed mechs.  The lack of maps, new weapons and mechs and fixes that the game needs are what is driving people away.  But nowadays, gamers are willing to accept anything a developer puts out as long as it's labeled "early access".  Hell, half the community will lie and say "This game is amazing!  Thank you!" when the incredibly small player base that is shrinking by the day says otherwise.

You guys can stay on the sinking ship and thank the captain for running it into the reef.  Or you can tell them to get their fuzzy bunny together and start releasing quality content with your wallets.

Edited by Harlotry, June 29 2014 - 10:50 AM.

#94 Harlotry

Harlotry

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted June 29 2014 - 10:51 AM

View PostFstroke, on June 29 2014 - 10:45 AM, said:

Your definitions of whats childish or insulting are very selective. Besides I dont need to feel insulted to tell you how wrong you are. Nokari was just getting started.

I stated my opinion and you decided to call me moronic and ignorant.  Do everyone a favor and fuzzy bunny off.

#95 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted June 29 2014 - 10:56 AM

View PostZaxik, on June 29 2014 - 10:11 AM, said:

I'm happy. Maintaining backend is very important and if it needs some bigger rewamp, better do it sooner than later. New content is for nothing if the base game is not working well. I really hope the changes will bring a smoother experience.
There was no need to try to change the original concept of hawken. with stupid medic, incinerator and other silly stuff.
Maybe when devs broken game in third time (and called this "hawken:reload") they understand, why people leave from game. Maybe.

skepticism is really here. However, there are reasons why scepticism is here.

Edited by nepacaka, June 29 2014 - 11:00 AM.

#96 Architect

Architect

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted June 29 2014 - 11:00 AM

So where does the game stand with dropping the BETA tag I though the tag was going to be dropped this Summer and become a finished game.

Is the open BETA going to be pushed further down to 2015 then_

#97 Harlotry

Harlotry

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted June 29 2014 - 11:02 AM

View PostArchitect, on June 29 2014 - 11:00 AM, said:

So where does the game stand with dropping the BETA tag I though the tag was going to be dropped this Summer and become a finished game.

Is the open BETA going to be pushed further down to 2015 then_

It's "Early Access" now.  MUCH better than beta.

Realistically this game will never lose the tag.  Although I'm curious for a real answer as to what the devs think.

Edited by Harlotry, June 29 2014 - 11:02 AM.

#98 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted June 29 2014 - 11:03 AM

View PostHarlotry, on June 29 2014 - 10:49 AM, said:

So let's look at what could be considered quality content here:
Incinerator is a quality mech.  It's balance is fuzzy bunny, but still, quality.
The G2s are a joke.  Literally just rehashes.  Not even competitive.  Wouldn't call this quality.
Chassis/emblems/paint schemes/cockpit customization/etc  Who cares_  There's much more important things they should be addressing.
24 player Mayhem servers were popular for all of 4 days and now nobody plays them.  Awesome!
Lowering of prices across the board and global customization - this was needed.  Many people said the prices were too high.  I agreed.  The quality just isn't there to warrant those prices.
Singapore servers - Couldn't care less.  I'm certain those servers are more dead than the US servers, and those are pretty dead.

Nearly half your list is just customization options or rehashed mechs.  The lack of maps, new weapons and mechs and fixes that the game needs are what is driving people away.  But nowadays, gamers are willing to accept anything a developer puts out as long as it's labeled "early access".  Hell, half the community will lie and say "This game is amazing!  Thank you!" when the incredibly small player base that is shrinking by the day says otherwise.

You guys can stay on the sinking ship and thank the captain for running it into the reef.  Or you can tell them to get their fuzzy bunny together and start releasing quality content with your wallets.

Your definition of quality is subjective. I don't really care whether you think  everything that came out in the past 4 months is quality, worth buying or not, because to someone else they may be all those things. The selective nature of your opinion on what to buy is irrelevant to other people. Compared to what you said earlier, 5x more content and functions have actually been implemented than what you said, and that's nothing to just shrug off.

And I forgot that Bunker was a new map too. Despite how contentious the discussions may be about it, it was still a new map and many enjoy it, whether it includes you or not. You're also sidestepping the fact a new game mode was introduced. The list is not half cosmetics, half rehashed mechs...

FYI, I added another portion to my previous comment above.

Edited by nokari, June 29 2014 - 11:22 AM.

Posted Image

#99 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted June 29 2014 - 11:09 AM

View PostHarlotry, on June 29 2014 - 10:49 AM, said:

Constant negativity, pessimism, and demands are only good for creating a toxic community.

You said it yourself before, you can leave whenever you want if that's your desire. We all can. Personally I'd rather you stick it out until they've fixed these tech problems they're fixing and have an announcement of what they're going to come out with next. But don't come here trying to drag down everyone else with you.

As I said before, they're people. They're not lazy idiots like you're making them out to be, and they haven't ever been without pressure or without appreciation for what we want. If you can't believe that then that's your problem, not ours.

Being positive and supportive is uplifting to any person, dev or otherwise, and spurs greater desire to move forward faster than telling someone, "Devs suck and should quit! Get out while you can!". The carrot is always more effective than the stick.

Edited by nokari, June 29 2014 - 11:16 AM.

Posted Image

#100 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted June 29 2014 - 11:18 AM

View PostEliteShooter, on June 29 2014 - 10:32 AM, said:

View PostFakeName, on June 28 2014 - 10:51 PM, said:

View Postplons, on June 28 2014 - 04:57 PM, said:

hmmm

mmmmh

I expected some thought about the update TBH. Seems like all of the fuzzy bunny you were repeating isn't viable anymore.

This has nothing to do with the update, nor with anything else. I was just reverting his comment and sharing the same feelings haha :D

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users