HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Development Update: 06/28/2014

• Please log in to reply
215 replies to this topic

#61 MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted June 29 2014 - 01:19 AM

So the dev's main concern is server migration, they do care about hacking (150 accounts banned), they do want to polish their game (test drive stuff)...

Thanks for the note !

Posted Image

Edited by MomOw, June 29 2014 - 01:20 AM.

Posted Image

#62 Knat

Knat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted June 29 2014 - 01:29 AM

Great update.

Even if I was hoping for more, I still feel satisfied to some point.

I had hoped that the update would contain information about better balancing, new maps, and maybe also some new stuff (bling bling) that i could spend my money on to support the game. But now I can understand why it doesn't.

#63 SandSpider

SandSpider

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationThe ninth dimension

Posted June 29 2014 - 01:36 AM

Thank you Mr. Hughes for this update, it is most appreciated. One of the most important things for a successful game, as with most things, is a good infrastructure, so continue what you are doing and please ignore the pessimists.

HAWKEN ROCKS!

#64 Orillion

Orillion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted June 29 2014 - 01:43 AM

For me, this is one of the best postings for updates ever. Not that the other ones are not good or their content isn't interesting, this one just hits me right in the feels. I had to come out of lurking mode to answer this.

When i walked out of Gamescom two years ago, I thought it was a rubbish show. Apart from one single game: Hawken.

There were these incredibly talented and motivated guys making a game, that was something they themselves wanted to play. While that may sound like a weak proposition from outside, it means a lot for a team. You have to go through a lot of fuzzy bunny and some marketing expectations aren't going to guide you through the poopforest that game development can be.

I am a dev myself and you guys are motivating me on a daily basis. My beloved Hawken is a game, that some dudes made because they just wanted to. So why shouldn't I do that.

I am pretty sure there will be more things that you suspect of being unpopular. A lot of people will disagree with a lot of stuff. But from the decisions you've made so far as a team, I'd say fuzzybunny it. You've done some great stuff so far and I trust in your decisions. God damn you made the game I always wanted to play. I better believe in you and your actions.

The decision to get the migrating done and fix backend issues instead of rolling out more features is a mature one and it will be paying off.

Big hug from Munich, you guys are awesome.

#65 DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted June 29 2014 - 01:45 AM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on June 28 2014 - 08:34 PM, said:

I like the amount of transparency in this update.
It's very no-BS, addresses the reality of the situation, and offers a decent perspective of what it's like from ADH's side of things.

This is the sort of communication I can respect.

Thank you.

Who are you_ Where is AJK_

#66 Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted June 29 2014 - 02:00 AM

View PostDerMax, on June 29 2014 - 01:45 AM, said:

It's very no-BS, addresses the reality of the situation, and offers a decent perspective of what it's like from ADH's side of things.

Thank you.

think adhesive finally got him, all his last  posts are very suspicious, sinche the avatar change he's just not the same anymore..

Edited by Ker4u, June 29 2014 - 02:01 AM.

- lok'tar ogar -

#67 Houruck

Houruck

Final Siege Boss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary (UTC+2)

Posted June 29 2014 - 02:04 AM

View PostZ3roCool007, on June 29 2014 - 12:05 AM, said:

I still want that hat.
I have one, and gave one to Hrono. It looks better on him.

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST
United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

#68 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted June 29 2014 - 02:09 AM

View PostKer4u, on June 29 2014 - 02:00 AM, said:

Thank you.

think adhesive finally got him, all his last  posts are very suspicious, sinche the avatar change he's just not the same anymore..
Can`t be Adhesive, as he has shown some crtisism against them, hmmmmm.....
I`ll fix it later.

#69 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted June 29 2014 - 02:14 AM

Thank you.

IKR, it's so mind-blowing. Maybe a dev posted that instead of him :ph34r: ...

Posted Image

#70 GalaxyRadio

GalaxyRadio

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted June 29 2014 - 02:17 AM

So,

what do we got here_ I can understand, some people are sharing happiness and so on, but I live in the reality and that shows me.

1. the last real updates was on feb/march this year, until then we got only some minor fixes
2. the last official update was on 6/6/2014, but that wasn't a update, only Wall of Text with no information
3. what do we got today_ a new wall of text with, again, no information at all, it's all in the old text, so for me this is only a (we are here and developing is somehow still going on post). So a normal post as the last, but not a update in form of software/patch

Don't get me wrong, I really love this game, it makes a lot of fun, nothing is 08/15 so far, but the lack of communication, now in this thread of information are both things I really can't stand, if the community is hungry for them. Sorry.

The next update must be really big then, not only server migration, there must be something extremely bigger than that, and I don't mean only new maps or mechs, there must be something, that is so brutally good, that you have to play only this game.... but, maybe first just a couple of things the community wanted for month or years would be a good start to cool some things down.

But, if I think realistic, all I expect in the next 3-4 weeks is another wall of text with no information, but I would be really happy, if aim wrong about this, but you dev's gave me no clarification to believe we get better stuff on going.

So, if you can't say anything, don't do it, be clear about this and give for some above reasons, at least a hint like (you get new functions, that the community was awaiting for so long time, but you can't say more than that right now, because it's not ready yet).

Kind Regards,
Galaxy Radio

Edited by GalaxyRadio, June 29 2014 - 02:30 AM.

#71 Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted June 29 2014 - 02:23 AM

The next update must be realy big then, not only server migration, there must be something extremly bigger than that, and i dont mean only new maps or mechs, there must be something, that is so brutally good, that you have to play only this game
my bet is on vertical air compressor (VAC)

Edited by Ker4u, June 29 2014 - 02:32 AM.

- lok'tar ogar -

#72 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted June 29 2014 - 02:23 AM

View PostInfyrno, on June 28 2014 - 07:43 PM, said:

Thank you hughes,  sadly this also tells me there won't be a game update for quite some time...
2 months at least. But with that being said, the design team is obviously working separately AFAIK (not helping with the migration process), so if some cosmetics are ready, then they should add them to the game. Also some textures for the arena map.

View PostThirdEyE, on June 28 2014 - 07:59 PM, said:

To those of you unhappy unsatisfied with the development update, what specifically would you want to hear more about_

It was obvious that there wasn't any content or coming patches to tell us about, but I did say this in a thread yesterday; spoil us about what's being planned in the future, it always gives us hope. Just tell us what's being prepared, even it could possibly not be released.

Posted Image

#73 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted June 29 2014 - 02:31 AM

View PostKer4u, on June 29 2014 - 02:23 AM, said:

The next update must be realy big then, not only server migration, there must be something extremly bigger than that, and i dont mean only new maps or mechs, there must be something, that is so brutally good, that you have to play only this game
my bet is on vertival air compressor (VAC)

Vertical_

Posted Image

#74 Pastorius

Pastorius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • LocationUK: (In my castle talking to the Queen on skype)

Posted June 29 2014 - 03:58 AM

Thanks for the update Jason. I second your call for everyone to stay positive and constructive. Personally, I feel that I have invested a little bit of myself in HAWKEN and I want to see it succeed for everyone.

Also, I know how hard it is when people give so much towards a project and how rewarding it is when you finally realize your collective goals.

Be proud of what you accomplished already Team[HWK] and keep those wheels turning because (as i have always said) HAWKEN, when right, is just AWESOME.

Pasta
Posted Image

#75 phoenix07

phoenix07

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted June 29 2014 - 04:08 AM

Hawken depressed for a long time, the devs team a lot of pressure, from your message can feel your pressure, especially after yesterday's thing, I more clearly understood.
But your identity is very important! Is the developer of this game.
cheer up,please!

#76 Xacius

Xacius

The Saltan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • LocationOther games, waiting for dev beacon

Posted June 29 2014 - 04:30 AM

Thank you.

#1 troll NA
High MMR (2700+) livestream (scroll down on twitch page for in-depth bio and PC specs).   Check out my Steam Guide!

Exeon is fuzzy bunny bad.

Currently inactive.  Estimated return: TPG 2

#77 karnak

karnak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted June 29 2014 - 05:03 AM

Poor Hughes,
in an effort to keep the promise of releasing the Development Update this week,
he worked outside office hours and spent countless time trying to figure out the best way to communicate with us.

The final letter is indeed a transparent piece, I really felt the sense of relief when at the end of the letter he finally closed the Hawken chapter and move on to more pleasing matters. In my mind that image of the loved one at the dinner table with soft light and pizza is lovely. Awww

Me_
I would not have spent a Saturday, writing a work related letter.
I would have posted Friday, in office hours, writing something like this:

Hello everyone.

We are still working hard on migrating databases.
The task is harder than anticipated since new issues have emerged and have delayed our internal time-line. We are however positive and confident, our goal is giving you a completely smooth and invisible migration and we will take all the time we need to do that, so be patient please.

At this time we can't share details of what is coming, but we hope in a couple of weeks to put the migration behind us and start to talk about what is next for Hawken.

In the meantime we will try our best in being active in the forum and solving all the minor issues (like the recent test drives issue) that we will see on the forum.

Once again thank you for your support, stay positive and be patient.

Time spent on this: 10-15 min.
Promise kept.
Free Saturday.
Enojy.

#78 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted June 29 2014 - 05:49 AM

We will have another Development Update in a couple of weeks
it should be on this week.

yeah, i understand, hwk team working hard on update/game/servers, and it's good, but...I'm still skeptical.

Time spent on this: 10-15 min.
Promise kept.
Free Saturday.
hi
- added new serv
- fixed bugs
- kill hackers
- mystical future update
- end;

spend 53 seconds

#79 Loulaki

Loulaki

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted June 29 2014 - 06:40 AM

i hope everything will go right and soon we will be able to have an even better game experience : ]
Posted Image

#80 TheVulong

TheVulong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted June 29 2014 - 06:51 AM

Would you prefer that they forgo what they are working on in favor of balance and content_
No, i would prefer things happening a bit faster.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users