HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

G2 Infiltrator

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 SweetAnubis

SweetAnubis

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted August 06 2014 - 06:12 PM

I'm thinkin give the G2 Infililtrator the Predator stealth ability... lets face it the stealth ability of the Infiltrator is useless in comparison to the predators. I havent used inf stealth since pre-steam days because of how bad its gotten.

Next change would be to add a charge ability to the grenade launcher when charged before launching the grenade builds up to much heat this causes the grenade to deal slightly less damage and add a smoke field effect. Not to large of course but just enough to obscure the enemies vission so they can't tell which way you ducked out, this would disipate before you could launch another standard grenade. Charging grenades like this would have a higher overheat effect on your weapons than the standard grenade shot.

beyond that i'm not sure what changes to make as the general stats are pretty beastly already. Ideas and thoughts_

Edited by SweetAnubis, August 06 2014 - 07:32 PM.

#2 GaryFlyAndTheGirls

GaryFlyAndTheGirls

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Locationdrowning in female attention

Posted August 06 2014 - 06:38 PM

Since we're throwing ideas around, how about this.
A Predator with 2 vulcan D's

#3 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted August 06 2014 - 06:40 PM

View PostGaryFlyAndTheGirls, on August 06 2014 - 06:38 PM, said:

Since we're throwing ideas around, how about this.
A Predator with 2 vulcan D's

But my burst!-- wait. oh. nevermind. Let me kiss my Breacher goodbye.

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View Postcomic_sans, on October 31 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

SS, you wanna fight me_  I'm druuuuuunk_____ You could maybe win_!!

#4 SweetAnubis

SweetAnubis

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted August 06 2014 - 07:14 PM

the idea behind this was based around the fact that the infiltrators stealth is currently useless! Rather than just give the current model a different stealth it would be easier to make a G2 model with an improved stealth ability. In the description it could say how the inefectiveness of the current stealth became more prominant with the creation of the Predator model as such changes were made to the Infiltrator in order to keep up with the competition.

#5 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted August 06 2014 - 07:38 PM

Infiltrator G2 is called Grenadier.
SS G2 = Reaper
Berzerker G2= Brawler
Rocketeer G2 = Bruiser
Scout G2 = Vanguard (sorta, it and Brawler could prolly be interchanged here)
Incinerator is best ignored. Nerfed G2, or bizarrely Buffed G2, either would be not warmly welcomed by many.
The actual existing G2 models of mechs (Raider, Assault) are the only 2 presently unique. Some argument could be made, as the present C-RT is the "orginial" Assault model, and Assault now is uh....uglier C-RT_

The only lonely-heart left is Technician, unless you count being fanboy with the Incinerator. In that case Predator is possibly the only remaining G2 candidate, and rather too "new" for a G2. :P
So:
TL/DR:
Predator, unlikely now but possible later
Technician,  way overdue
My pick:
Incinerator, no G2, but a partner mech extremely likely on the way in the form of a Juggernaut or Fortress/Siege Engine class D frame Super-Heavy.
:)

Edited by EM1O, August 06 2014 - 07:48 PM.

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#6 Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationSic Transit

Posted August 06 2014 - 09:37 PM

View PostSweetAnubis, on August 06 2014 - 06:12 PM, said:

I'm thinkin give the G2 Infililtrator the Predator stealth ability... lets face it the stealth ability of the Infiltrator is useless in comparison to the predators.

Ahahahaah what.

What makes the predator's stealth beastly is the heat vision not its goddamn invisibility. Anyone with half a brain can spot the distortion of stealth. The issue is keeping an eye on it, which I think ADH managed pretty well. You see a flicker, you ping it with a shot. Oh look, Pred just lost its stealth. Infiltrator can still escape.

The infiltrator's ability to stealth under heavy fire is its best asset. You're in the middle of a heavy firefight. Detonate an EMP or ISM, stealth and waltz your way out of there. This fuzzy bunny is the only reason I can even compete at higher MMRs.

The two abilities have entirely different applications. Comparing them just because they are "stealth" is like comparing the P4P4 and the Point-D Vulcan.

#7 Infyrno

Infyrno

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow

Posted August 06 2014 - 10:21 PM

View PostAmidatelion, on August 06 2014 - 09:37 PM, said:

I'm thinkin give the G2 Infililtrator the Predator stealth ability... lets face it the stealth ability of the Infiltrator is useless in comparison to the predators.

Ahahahaah what.

What makes the predator's stealth beastly is the heat vision not its goddamn invisibility. Anyone with half a brain can spot the distortion of stealth. The issue is keeping an eye on it, which I think ADH managed pretty well. You see a flicker, you ping it with a shot. Oh look, Pred just lost its stealth. Infiltrator can still escape.

The infiltrator's ability to stealth under heavy fire is its best asset. You're in the middle of a heavy firefight. Detonate an EMP or ISM, stealth and waltz your way out of there. This fuzzy bunny is the only reason I can even compete at higher MMRs.

The two abilities have entirely different applications. Comparing them just because they are "stealth" is like comparing the P4P4 and the Point-D Vulcan.
Oh yes, i have had so many incidents where i just stealth and run by a few corners to escape then the guy completely loses me and goes back, then i heal and destroy everything (except not really :( )

#8 Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationSic Transit

Posted August 06 2014 - 10:53 PM

View PostInfyrno, on August 06 2014 - 10:21 PM, said:

View PostAmidatelion, on August 06 2014 - 09:37 PM, said:

Ahahahaah what.

Oh yes, i have had so many incidents where i just stealth and run by a few corners to escape then the guy completely loses me and goes back, then i heal and destroy everything (except not really :( )

The best example of this I have to give is getting swarmed by 4 people on E2 on Origin Siege. I had 150 EU ready to deliver and I got jumped. So I got in everyone's faced, threw an EMP, cloaked and walked

#9 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted August 06 2014 - 11:10 PM

The only thing I got as an issue with infiltrator is the recharge for the ability.

It's tied to your fuel. That's just stupid. I think it should be similar to the pred cloak.

Currently the Infiltrator cloak recharge is 40 seconds {currently the fuel recharge on an infiltrator is about 8-9 seconds}.
If it is tied to the fuel then the re-cloak rate should be no more than 20 seconds or make it time and a half the fuel recharge rate {15 seconds}.

In contrast a Predator re-cloak is 15 seconds for a recharge.
At the least I'm asking for the Infiltrator recharge to be brought in line with the Predator.
It's only right.

#10 SweetAnubis

SweetAnubis

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted August 06 2014 - 11:39 PM

View PostSpliff_Craven, on August 06 2014 - 11:10 PM, said:

The only thing I got as an issue with infiltrator is the recharge for the ability.

It's tied to your fuel. That's just stupid. I think it should be similar to the pred cloak.

Currently the Infiltrator cloak recharge is 40 seconds {currently the fuel recharge on an infiltrator is about 8-9 seconds}.
If it is tied to the fuel then the re-cloak rate should be no more than 20 seconds or make it time and a half the fuel recharge rate {15 seconds}.

In contrast a Predator re-cloak is 15 seconds for a recharge.
At the least I'm asking for the Infiltrator recharge to be brought in line with the Predator.
It's only right.

This!!! this is what i'm getting at... the heat vission is not the only thing that makes the predator stealth good. the fact that it lasts long enough to get anywhere at all and doesnt have an ungodly long recharge is why its decades better!!!

#11 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted August 07 2014 - 04:22 AM

why i thinking about fat mech, with faaster walking speed than other C's, and with EOC+GL loadout. with ability to invisible, or removing enemy radar on 10 second_
big bro grenadier with EOC and GL sticky grenages.
yes, i want it. like G2-Grenadier or G2-Infiltrator

#12 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted August 07 2014 - 04:53 AM

Infil's ability should be recharged in 15 secs too, anything else is unfair. Will still prefer having the ability back to pre-ascension days.

Posted Image

#13 Infyrno

Infyrno

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow

Posted August 07 2014 - 10:11 PM

View Postnepacaka, on August 07 2014 - 04:22 AM, said:

why i thinking about fat mech, with faaster walking speed than other C's, and with EOC+GL loadout. with ability to invisible, or removing enemy radar on 10 second_
big bro grenadier with EOC and GL sticky grenages.
yes, i want it. like G2-Grenadier or G2-Infiltrator
Cloaking c-classes_ Yes please.

#14 Alpha86

Alpha86

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted August 09 2014 - 12:33 PM

I agree with the recharge time on the infiltrator. It should be 20 seconds max if its tied to your fuel.

#15 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted August 09 2014 - 12:43 PM

View PostEliteShooter, on August 07 2014 - 04:53 AM, said:

Will still prefer having the ability back to pre-ascension days.

I second this.

View PostInfyrno, on August 07 2014 - 10:11 PM, said:

Cloaking c-classes_ Yes please.

"THUMP, THUMP, THUMP, THUMP, THUMP"

I WONDER WHAT THAT COULD BE!_!

Edited by Sylhiri, August 09 2014 - 12:44 PM.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#16 CapAllan

CapAllan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationFitting my Incinerator's cockpit with neon lights and a 7.1 surround sound speaker system at Loui's Garage, Illal

Posted August 26 2014 - 10:23 AM

View PostEM1O, on August 06 2014 - 07:38 PM, said:

Some argument could be made, as the present C-RT is the "orginial" Assault model, and Assault now is uh....uglier C-RT_

Finally! A true fan of the good and faithful CRT (A.K.A Fred)!!
Posted Image

#17 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted August 26 2014 - 11:51 AM

Although if HWK did G2 for the Fred, it better be really really good. I've gotten so I really like the ugly mutt.

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#18 MechAnt7

MechAnt7

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationOrigin

Posted August 26 2014 - 11:51 AM

Funny thing, I came up with an idea for a G2 Infil last week and was about to post a thread sometime soon, but looks like I've been beaten to it. So I thought I might as well put my idea down here. :)

G2 Infiltrator

Class : B - Class (Medium)

Ability :  

True Camouflage / Mask / Chameleon / Blend - When activated the G2 Infil takes the form of any randomly selected member of the enemy team. The mask lasts until the mech takes 25 % damage or 30 seconds, whichever comes first.

Recharge time - 30 seconds

When activated the symbol on the radar changes from blue arrow to red dot for the friendly team and vice versa for the enemy team making them think you are a friendly. The mech will not take friendly fire.

The name above the mech will also change to that of the one whose identity has been stolen. The randomly selected enemy whose identity will be assumed by the G2 Infil may be still active or may be dead at the time the ability is activated. The selection will only depend on how close the G2 Infil is to the enemy team and will try to select a member who is currently far away from the rest of the enemy team.

Weapons :

Primaries - PD Vulcan (Primary) /  EOC Repeater (Alternate Primary) / Infiltrator Redox O2 (Prestige)

Secondary -
EOC Infiltrator - This weapon is a modified EOC Predator, the only change being that instead of the pucks detonating on impact, they are meant to stick to the distracted enemy mech and can be remotely detonated by MMB.

In case the mech dies before the pucks are detonated, they will drop where the mech died, serving as a potential trap for enemies who try to heal themselves using their fallen mate's orbs.

The pucks will appear blue in color to the enemy to give the impression that they are from a friendly but only for the duration of the ability, or when it is activated again.

Play Strategy :

The G2 Infil user guides his mech silently behind enemy lines, activates his ability, deceives the enemy who is too distracted to keep count of his teammates, shoots pucks and latches them onto unsuspecting victims, leaves the area and remotely detonates the pucks eliminating weakened enemies and damaging the rest.

The enemies have been softened substantially for the rest of the team to clean up and the G2 infil is far away waiting for it's 30 second cooldown to finish up.

This mech is a specialized support mech like the Tech or the Incin. It is like a spy that is able to infiltrate enemy lines and do it's job and get out undetected unless it takes more than 25% damage or it's 30 seconds run out.

It is not a 1 v 1 mech, it is not an assault mech, it is a specialized assassin that kills you after it's far away and out of your sights, not leaving any trace other than the burning wreckage of the mech that wasn't vigilant enough to keep an eye on its comrade's actions and numbers.

The first two primaries are for those pilots who are still learning the mech and need something to fight back in case they get detected or their camouflage fails.

The Infiltrator Redox O2 is a modified version of the Tech's Redox and has a slightly buffed damage and weakening effect. It is meant for advanced pilots who serve to act only as enemy weakeners and leave them for their team to finish off. Coupled with the EOC Infiltrator this one two punch can leave any mech dazed and confused as to where the attack has come from and who within their team is the impostor.

Disadvantage / Counter Balance :

The friendly team might get distracted for a moment by the G2 Infil's camoflage and may attack it fruitlessly wasting precious seconds on the battlefield.

This ability may lead to interesting situations where the indentity thief (the G2 infil) and the victim (from the enemy team) may come face to face and the enemy mech will then expose the G2 Infil's true identity buy proceeding to bombard it and remove it's mask.

PS: I just realised this sounds a lot like the Spy from TF2. It just occurred to me after finishing this post. Funny thing is I've never actually played the spy in TF2, and have played TF2 only once in my life. :P

#19 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted August 26 2014 - 12:38 PM

View PostMechAnt7, on August 26 2014 - 11:51 AM, said:

Secondary -
EOC Infiltrator - This weapon is a modified EOC Predator, the only change being that instead of the pucks detonating on impact, they are meant to stick to the distracted enemy mech and can be remotely detonated by MMB.

In case the mech dies before the pucks are detonated, they will drop where the mech died, serving as a potential trap for enemies who try to heal themselves using their fallen mate's orbs.

The pucks will appear blue in color to the enemy to give the impression that they are from a friendly but only for the duration of the ability, or when it is activated again.

As a Predator pilot, I would not like to use the EOC I.

It sounds gimmicky and unhelpful in direct combat. I realize that's not the purpose of your mech. however, it should still be able to do okay in those situations, as you can be sure it'll run into them.

What does the EOCI's special trait do for it_ I'd much rather have my mines explode on impact then have them sit on an enemy. Maybe such could be useful to finish off damaged mechs.. however, you'd this that whatever weapon damaged that mech would likely have already detonated them.s

Dropping those mines on death is a cool idea, but for those mines would have to do a high amount of damage for that feature to be useful. Even then, such seems like it would be a somewhat rare occurrence.

Thoughts on that_

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View Postcomic_sans, on October 31 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

SS, you wanna fight me_  I'm druuuuuunk_____ You could maybe win_!!

#20 MechAnt7

MechAnt7

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationOrigin

Posted August 26 2014 - 12:47 PM

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on August 26 2014 - 12:38 PM, said:

View PostMechAnt7, on August 26 2014 - 11:51 AM, said:

Secondary -

As a Predator pilot, I would not like to use the EOC I.

It sounds gimmicky and unhelpful in direct combat. I realize that's not the purpose of your mech. however, it should still be able to do okay in those situations, as you can be sure it'll run into them.

What does the EOCI's special trait do for it_ I'd much rather have my mines explode on impact then have them sit on an enemy. Maybe such could be useful to finish off damaged mechs.. however, you'd this that whatever weapon damaged that mech would likely have already detonated them.s

Dropping those mines on death is a cool idea, but for those mines would have to do a high amount of damage for that feature to be useful. Even then, such seems like it would be a somewhat rare occurrence.

Thoughts on that_

I think a solution to that could be that if the pucks hit the mech directly they stick without detonating (leaving the enemy unaware), whereas if they hit the floor or another surface they act like normal EOC Pred mines and explode on impact with an enemy walking over them. This will allow the player to still carry out the function of infiltration and sticking the mines on enemies while in a situation that requires CQC, it would be as good as a EOC Pred.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users