Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

That's how it is then eh?
Well I hope the next guy follows the rules before he reads them. GG

That's how what is? I am informing you of server policy in order to move this conversation, which you have said you don't want to have on a public forum, to a private venue. We want this to happen over e-mail so that we can have a searchable paper trail of all incidents going forwards in the event that new Admins need to be brought up to speed.

EDIT: Also what tickle said.

Edited by Amidatelion, 01 April 2015 - 10:45 PM.

• ThereIsOnlyOne likes this

LordRith

LordRith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

delete this post

Edited by LordRith, 01 April 2015 - 10:59 PM.

2h84vv7.png

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

Welp, now I'm (almost) glad I missed everything! I swear I'll be there next week!

• ticklemyiguana likes this

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

thanks for a marvelous time, to WW and for EU's Gentlemen's UV-WW earlier for tolerating the ancient mariner, here. it's a real skill-tuning experience playing you folk, bumping up my mmr 12 points for 2 hours of glorious fun play is just crazy good for me! even tho we lost....and what a wall-buster of a crowd showed up, too!   :)

Rock On!

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

thanks for a marvelous time, to WW and for EU's Gentlemen's UV-WW earlier for tolerating the ancient mariner, here. it's a real skill-tuning experience playing you folk, bumping up my mmr 12 points for 2 hours of glorious fun play is just crazy good for me! even tho we lost....and what a wall-buster of a crowd showed up, too!   :)
Rock On!

Well tonight's War Wednesday was a blast. We won all our matches. It was fun killing you all! LOL. In the first match it was 3v3 and my best kill streak was 3. Hmm there was only 3 people on the other team, grin. Hey the old man might not be the best but everybody went home with lumps on their head. :D Think of it this way. Your grandpa just whooped ya!  :P

I'm thrilled you guys enjoyed it. I was worried with the low turnout of people for your set of games that it would get boring. Need more new faces.

Edited by ticklemyiguana, 02 April 2015 - 02:41 PM.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

HoneyBoomBoom

HoneyBoomBoom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

I participated in my first WW last night, and I had a blast!  I probably should have stuck around longer, but I missed my West Coast pals.  

To the guys in the SugarShack, you had me laughing the entire time - before and after the match.  I hope to see you all in-game again soon!

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

I participated in my first WW last night, and I had a blast!  I probably should have stuck around longer, but I missed my West Coast pals.  

To the guys in the SugarShack, you had me laughing the entire time - before and after the match.  I hope to see you all in-game again soon!

Noooo I missed you! Unless I did indeed play with you last night, in which case I don't remember.

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

HoneyBoomBoom

HoneyBoomBoom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Noooo I missed you! Unless I did indeed play with you last night, in which case I don't remember.

You missed me!  I think you've been avoiding me! :D

EDIT:  Actually, I think you did show up at the end of a west match I was in later in the evening...

Edited by HoneyBoomBoom, 02 April 2015 - 03:33 PM.

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Rock On!

Glad you enjoyed it mate. Wow I wish my MMR did what yours did. Our team won all 5 matches and my MMR DROPPED 17 points. I won 4 games prior to playing and my MMR droped 7 points. And earler in the day yesterday Our team lost 3 games of siege to a  group that came in as a team group. My MMR went up 20 points. I'm confused here. Yes i take into acct how long the matches took, what place I placed, if I was MVP/assist leader/etc, and I still don't get it. Do bad, it goes up. Do good and it goes down. Down that several days this week. OK I know I'm old but that is not why I'm confused here. :P Oh well the only thing I need MMR for is Wed War anyhow. I play any match with anyone. :)

Edited by Nov8tr, 02 April 2015 - 04:11 PM.

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

LordRith

LordRith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Glad you enjoyed it mate. Wow I wish my MMR did what yours did. Our team won all 5 matches and my MMR DROPPED 17 points. I won 4 games prior to playing and my MMR droped 7 points. And earler in the day yesterday Our team lost 3 games of siege to a  group that came in as a team group. My MMR went up 20 points. I'm confused here. Yes i take into acct how long the matches took, what place I placed, if I was MVP/assist leader/etc, and I still don't get it. Do bad, it goes up. Do good and it goes down. Down that several days this week. OK I know I'm old but that is not why I'm confused here. :P Oh well the only thing I need MMR for is Wed War anyhow. I play any match with anyone. :)

Hey man if MMR isn't available readily in game then it doesn't matter!

2h84vv7.png

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

I'm sorry Lord Rith but you misunderstood what I was saying. I've been here almost 3 yrs. I know how it is suppose to work. I was actually speaking to  the peeps who have been here a long time like me or longer. My point was it was not working like it is suppose to. I was asking them if perhaps they had some clue as to what was happening. Or perhaps on of my friends like LadyTiggs or capnjosh would bounce thru and have some insight on it. So no problem mate, I guess I should have been more clear so the newer players wouldn't misunderstand. My bad. Take care.

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

SomethingsomethingIT'S WAR WEDNESDAYsomethingsomething.

I'm great at reminders.

Edited by Amidatelion, 08 April 2015 - 04:24 PM.

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

Amid wants me to bump this.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Get the hell off my lawn with those mechs! You're killing the grass!!

aEGHJsh.gif?1

SOD_CyberTormentor

SOD_CyberTormentor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

yesterday at 9pm est i did not find anyone playing in east mayhem... :(

assinaturalogos_03.png | assinaturalogos_09.png | assinaturalogos_07.pngassinaturalogos_05.png

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

my head hurts

lot

Dedhed

Dedhed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Thanks for the games guys, it was fun. Wasn't much help, but at least I was sober. As such (sober), my skill lvl should actually improve vs extended periods of drunken-nowhere-going. It's funny, my mmr actually went down by .07  :laugh:  Good times

"One day I will leave this world and dream myself to reality" -- Chief Crazy Horse

"Love is the Law, Love under Will" -- Aleister Crowley

"This is like talking to breakfast cereal" -- Otherland

Dedhed

Dedhed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

War Wednesday events are in private servers, gotta be on teamspeak. The info is in the op, hope you can enjoy a future one

"One day I will leave this world and dream myself to reality" -- Chief Crazy Horse

"Love is the Law, Love under Will" -- Aleister Crowley

"This is like talking to breakfast cereal" -- Otherland

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

War Wednesday events are in private servers, gotta be on teamspeak. The info is in the op, hope you can enjoy a future one

Dedhead is correct in that you need to be on the TeamSpeak in order to attend the event, as they are in private servers. However, traditionally we do have some level of warmup for anywhere between ten minutes to a half hour on a mayhem server right around nine. If you had checked into th central mayhem server, you would have actually found us. A lot of attendees are west and central based, so it makes sense to use central servers whenever possible.

Ded, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

In general, these things seem to be taking longer and longer to get off the ground. The primary bottleneck is actually getting people's MMRs to sort them into the appropriate game. Ordinarily we have at least two games going, and while sometimes it's nice to be able to play alongside the highest players (hestoned's pharmaceutically oriented name notwithstanding) it often results in the lower guys getting stomped and the upper ones feeling as if they're just in a regular match made game.

If we continue to have an issue collecting player information I am going to have to begin setting hard cut offs for getting into games in order to keep the people who reliably do so in games as opposed to waiting on just a couple people.

I believe during the course of this week I am going to develop a sign in sheet where a user can either post his or her MMR, or confirm that it was messaged to me. Next week, users will not get speaking privileges until they have signed in. I hope this will alleviate some of the problem.

Edited by ticklemyiguana, 16 April 2015 - 08:17 AM.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

In general, these things seem to be taking longer and longer to get off the ground. The primary bottleneck is actually getting people's MMRs to sort them into the appropriate game. Ordinarily we have at least two games going, and while sometimes it's nice to be able to play alongside the highest players (hestoned's pharmaceutically oriented name notwithstanding) it often results in the lower guys getting stomped and the upper ones feeling as if they're just in a regular match made game.

If we continue to have an issue collecting player information I am going to have to begin setting hard cut offs for getting into games in order to keep the people who reliably do so in games as opposed to waiting on just a couple people.

I believe during the course of this week I am going to develop a sign in sheet where a user can either post his or her MMR, or confirm that it was messaged to me. Next week, users will not get speaking privileges until they have signed in. I hope this will alleviate some of the problem.

On the one hand, good, he's learning.

On the other hand, dammit tickle, you keep figuring out this "organization" crap and I'm going to be out of a job.

• ticklemyiguana, SOD_CyberTormentor and ThereIsOnlyOne like this

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts

On the other hand I just threw up in my mouth a little.

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

I4U54qx.jpg     bQCgI0k.png   zd30MxR.png   vP7JiOe.png     uq0awfp.gif

lwY3QRd.jpg

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

On the other hand I just threw up in my mouth a little.

That's what your hand is for.

SOD_CyberTormentor

SOD_CyberTormentor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
Yes deadhead, I usually enter the teamspeak and participate, but I was late this time. Probably everyone was playing on private servers already.

tickle my friend, let me make a suggestion to players who do not have a MMR compatible with personnel who usually play in this event above 2000, I myself have got to this level, but as much game in the South American server, my mmr falls constantly varying between 1800 to 1900, it would be interesting to play the fun mayhem with players from the top of the list, perhaps to keep at least one hour of mayhem and then the most powerful among them could play on private servers. In my view it would be an incentive for those who like to participate and try to improve every game. And as would be fun for players from the top.

assinaturalogos_03.png | assinaturalogos_09.png | assinaturalogos_07.pngassinaturalogos_05.png

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

We are extremely wary of making a hard division between MMR brackets because it leads to people feeling excluded or the victims of elitism. As it is, we break up the matches by MMR, but that's by a range and for fairness purposes, not because we want to exclude anyone.

The hour-long mayhem is a good idea though, except for the whole "only two maps for the mode." But the casual "for funsies" for the first hour might be a good call, we'll brainstorm something up.

• SOD_CyberTormentor likes this

SOD_CyberTormentor

SOD_CyberTormentor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

We are extremely wary of making a hard division between MMR brackets because it leads to people feeling excluded or the victims of elitism. As it is, we break up the matches by MMR, but that's by a range and for fairness purposes, not because we want to exclude anyone.

The hour-long mayhem is a good idea though, except for the whole "only two maps for the mode." But the casual "for funsies" for the first hour might be a good call, we'll brainstorm something up.

Yes Amid!, would be only 2 mayhem, for pilots to focus there. I'm not necessarily excluded, but a little upset by the circumstances of not having a greater mmr. Even so I could play two weeks and had fun as ever, I hope to you think of something interesting, I think it would be great for everyone!

(P:B)Augmentia

(P:B)Augmentia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

I personally I don't think of it as elitism. It is called "you get better so you get rewarded." Think of it like that.

I am MM
brKc5dA.jpg

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Well last night was a blast once again. The mayhem rocked. I tended to play the "duck" and got used for target practice but still was fun. :wink:   Ohh but don't think I didn't blow some you better players away. You went home with lumps on your head too........woot! Despite my reaction time due to age, I am still trying to improve my game everyday. And sometimes it just all comes together and I set people on fire. Love when that happens. Makes all the deaths worthwhile. :teehee:

aEGHJsh.gif?1

MajyckToad

MajyckToad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

9 pm EDT. (-4 GMT)

we were there until about 9:20. you were an hour off, possibly?

BkeETgs.jpg

SOD_CyberTormentor

SOD_CyberTormentor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

9 pm EDT. (-4 GMT)

we were there until about 9:20. you were an hour off, possibly?

I entered the server at 10:00 at night dude, I was late a little sadly. But in this same time Last week I managed to play with all. i will try on the next wed!

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Hey guys.

So last week was kind of a fuzztercluck in getting people into games, due to a high volume of, uh, volume that was making it difficult to gather MMRs. And while Mayhem is a fun game mode it is not 45 minutes of fun especially across only 2 maps one of which is broken.

In light of this, we're trying something new this week.

If you want to participate in War Wednesday, please go ahead and fill out this two step form:

BEHOLD.

It tracks your In-game name, your MMR and when you submitted it. If we don't get an MMR in by 9:10pm EST, you won't be balanced into the first round of games and will be put in the queue for the next round. 

Thanks for bearing with these growing pains and let's see how this goes.

Edited by Amidatelion, 20 April 2015 - 05:40 PM.

SOD_CyberTormentor

SOD_CyberTormentor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

War today!!! yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Just a reminder to get your MMRs in by 9:10. 

It looks like we've got a good number of responses so far, but not nearly the usual crowd. Spread the word!

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

We're on in like 17 minutes.  Get yo asses on! We want you!

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

Time_Guardian

Time_Guardian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

I've been literally playing for two days, can i participate though?

This is me

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

We welcome all players of all skill and experience.

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Awsum good playing tonight. Thanks Amid, Tickle and all the Leet Fleet for the funz. 

Rockin'!

O.

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

I've been literally playing for two days, can i participate though?
This is me

You absolutely can. However, I must warn you that the event is typically attended by higher level players, and you might find yourself biting off more than you can chew. That being said, I can personally vouch for almost every one of my attendees for being quite helpful when needed. It's unlikely you'll be going on any kill streaks here, but if you come in willing to learn a thing or two, I can't conceive a much better environment to do so.

I'm sorry for getting back to you so late. Hope to see you next week.

Edited by ticklemyiguana, 22 April 2015 - 09:21 PM.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Fun again as usual. Thnx to everyone for a great time. I enjoyed myself. Thanks to Amid for doing this for so long. This last few weeks is the first time I ever played War Wednesday. Wished I'd done it years ago. :)

aEGHJsh.gif?1

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

Fun again as usual. Thnx to everyone for a great time. I enjoyed myself. Thanks to Amid for doing this for so long. This last few weeks is the first time I ever played War Wednesday. Wished I'd done it years ago. :)

Thanks to Amid for doing this for so long.

Amid

• Silverfire and Nov8tr like this

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Tickle I don't want you to feel left out. THANK YOU Tickle........I did it on purpose. HeHe......I was sitting here waiting for you to comment. :tongue:   Sorry I couldn't resist. When you're old you have to find your entertainment where you can get it.  :teehee: Seriously, thanks. I know you work hard too. You both do. I bow to your skill at doing this every week. :thumbsup:  I couldn't. Good job. I thank everyone involved. I seriously don't want anyone who is involved in putting this together and to those at Reloaded for allowing. Kudos to all!!

giphy.gif

Edited by Nov8tr, 22 April 2015 - 11:19 PM.

aEGHJsh.gif?1

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users