aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

SOD_CyberTormentor

SOD_CyberTormentor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Very fun night, thx tickle and another friends that play togather...

I uploaded one of the many funny games... https://community.pl...omeback-22-abr/

Edited by SOD_CyberTormentor, 25 April 2015 - 04:08 AM.

• Nov8tr likes this

assinaturalogos_03.png | assinaturalogos_09.png | assinaturalogos_07.pngassinaturalogos_05.png

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Yes it was fun playing with you as well SOD_CyberTormentor. Thanks for coming out and having a good time. :)

• SOD_CyberTormentor likes this

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Reminder to please get us your information via sign-up sheet before 9:10pm so we can get this party started ASAP!

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Done mate! :D

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Rei

Rei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

ffc3f71cb3.jpg

ggs

• OdinTheWise likes this

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Had a good time as usual. (AMID) Fun playing with all of you again. (AMID) I enjoy doing this every week. (AMID) And nice to finally meet you Rei (BOB), lol. You're one of the few people from back then I never got to meet back in the day. I read about you, just never had a chance to say hi. (AMID) Looking forward to playing again next week with you and was nice have more new faces join us too. :) (AMID) and Tickle I am going to say (AMID) till you like my post............grin. D) Ya weasel ......... woot!

AMID

K3yRhAP.jpg

Edited by Nov8tr, 30 April 2015 - 02:28 AM.

aEGHJsh.gif?1

SOD_CyberTormentor

SOD_CyberTormentor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Had a good time as usual. (AMID) Fun playing with all of you again. (AMID) I enjoy doing this every week. (AMID) And nice to finally meet you Rei (BOB), lol. You're one of the few people from back then I never got to meet back in the day. I read about you, just never had a chance to say hi. (AMID) Looking forward to playing again next week with you and was nice have more new faces join us too. :) (AMID) and Tickle I am going to say (AMID) till you like my post............grin. D) Ya weasel ......... woot!

only yesterday I went to see what I_Come_in_Peace is you dude!!!  :laugh:

• Nov8tr likes this

assinaturalogos_03.png | assinaturalogos_09.png | assinaturalogos_07.pngassinaturalogos_05.png

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

only yesterday I went to see what I_Come_in_Peace is you dude!!!  :laugh:

LOL, yep it's me. My main is Nov8tr. I have 2 alts. One is I_Come_In_Peace and one is Old_Man_Nov. I don't try to hide them. I openly admit they are me. IF or when I do get the MMR back up high on them it won't matter because I still won't be stomping no one and my MMR is low enough now I tend to play at the high end of my MMR server range anyhow. I learn more that way. :D

aEGHJsh.gif?1

SOD_CyberTormentor

SOD_CyberTormentor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Ok Nov, i dont care about another acounts!

Guys, watch the yesterday WW Bunker Siege!

https://community.pl...dnesday-29-apr/

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

OK Tickle finally liked my post so I hereby drop all AMID comments in any post from now on. LOL Thanks mate! Take care my friend! :D

And SOD_CyberTormentor hey it's all good mate!! I'm off to check out your vid of the last War Wednesday. Take Care!

PS: OK watched the video. That was a blast indeed. Mine and yours score was only 7 points difference! Cool! :D

Edited by Nov8tr, 01 May 2015 - 01:48 AM.

aEGHJsh.gif?1

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

These last couple weeks have been really great. I've seen a fair amount of new players come by and I'm really just thrilled at some of the turnouts we've been getting.

Thank you all very much for after almost a year, continuing to make this event what it is.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Aw crap. I forgot all about it. I went to mom & dad's for yellow perch and fries (or chips depending where you live). Strawberry shortcake for desert. Plus as usual mom loaded me up with leftovers. And she is a amazing cook, grew up on a farm. So her leftovers rock. :) Chili, chicken & noodles, all homemade of course and my brothers venison & noodles. And more. :D Sorry guys..........I make da boo boo. I'll be here next week. I'm sure everyone had fun as usual. :D

aEGHJsh.gif?1

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

Aw crap. I forgot all about it. I went to mom & dad's for yellow perch and fries (or chips depending where you live). Strawberry shortcake for desert. Plus as usual mom loaded me up with leftovers. And she is a amazing cook, grew up on a farm. So her leftovers rock. :) Chili, chicken & noodles, all homemade of course and my brothers venison & noodles. And more. :D Sorry guys..........I make da boo boo. I'll be here next week. I'm sure everyone had fun as usual. :D

fuzzy bunny no, that's fine. Family is more important than showing up to an event. Glad you had a good time regardless.

• Nov8tr likes this

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

devotion

devotion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Dedhead is correct in that you need to be on the TeamSpeak in order to attend the event, as they are in private servers. However, traditionally we do have some level of warmup for anywhere between ten minutes to a half hour on a mayhem server right around nine. If you had checked into th central mayhem server, you would have actually found us. A lot of attendees are west and central based, so it makes sense to use central servers whenever possible.

Ded, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

In general, these things seem to be taking longer and longer to get off the ground. The primary bottleneck is actually getting people's MMRs to sort them into the appropriate game. Ordinarily we have at least two games going, and while sometimes it's nice to be able to play alongside the highest players (hestoned's pharmaceutically oriented name notwithstanding) it often results in the lower guys getting stomped and the upper ones feeling as if they're just in a regular match made game.

If we continue to have an issue collecting player information I am going to have to begin setting hard cut offs for getting into games in order to keep the people who reliably do so in games as opposed to waiting on just a couple people.

I believe during the course of this week I am going to develop a sign in sheet where a user can either post his or her MMR, or confirm that it was messaged to me. Next week, users will not get speaking privileges until they have signed in. I hope this will alleviate some of the problem.

i personally tend to dislike the google forms signup and disapprove of a lock in cut off. i understand the pragmatism behind both decisions, but it goes against the essence of an inviting, open community event and becomes too "hawken teamspeak's scheduled 6v6 ma bureaucracy, tpg rules, sit if uneven, final destination, fox only" for my tastes.

imo a step in the right direction would be:

1. get a ww sticky on gd. future threads can go from signup nexuses to just easy psas referencing the sticky until word of mouth carries ww into a household hawken name.

2. sticky and future threads should tell players to name a mech "PublicMMR". bold it. red it. put it at the top.

3. designate a consistent "lobby server", presumably a central mayhem. it should be easy to say "around 7~ pm est, show up to usc-mayhem-007". it lets people just play, reduces the burden of organization on the organizers, and if everyone follows 2, should allow us to organize games from the central mayhem heroku server listing without needing a google forms.

you could also create hawken ts mmr server groups. assigning everyone one time to "1600-2000" "2000-2400" "2400-3000" would let you keep tabs without the need of multiple signup forms. i'm sure similar values would be fine, but you can be as specific you want with the server listings.

also let's play something other than ma sometime. i'm sure it's not universally the preferred game mode for all players assuming how small the tpg community is comparatively.

Edited by devotion, 07 May 2015 - 12:23 PM.

• Silverfire and ticklemyiguana like this

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

i personally tend to dislike the google forms signup and disapprove of a lock in cut off. i understand the pragmatism behind both decisions, but it goes against the essence of an inviting, open community event and becomes too "hawken teamspeak's scheduled 6v6 ma bureaucracy, tpg rules, sit if uneven, final destination, fox only" for my tastes.

imo a step in the right direction would be:

1. get a ww sticky on gd. future threads can go from signup nexuses to just easy psas referencing the sticky until word of mouth carries ww into a household hawken name.

2. sticky and future threads should tell players to name a mech "PublicMMR". bold it. red it. put it at the top.

3. designate a consistent "lobby server", presumably a central mayhem. it should be easy to say "around 7~ pm est, show up to usc-mayhem-007". it lets people just play, reduces the burden of organization on the organizers, and if everyone follows 2, should allow us to organize games from the central mayhem heroku server listing without needing a google forms.

you could also create hawken ts mmr server groups. assigning everyone one time to "1600-2000" "2000-2400" "2400-3000" would let you keep tabs without the need of multiple signup forms. i'm sure similar values would be fine, but you can be as specific you want with the server listings.

also let's play something other than ma sometime. i'm sure it's not universally the preferred game mode for all players assuming how small the tpg community is comparatively.

Good feedback, Devo. I appreciate it, though I'm about to disagree with a few things, and I'll try and lay out why.

The cutoff is only for the first game, so that the people that are consistently on time don't have to wait any longer than necessary. It's a bit of a sacrifice, but I really think it's for the best. In the past, I've had two full mayhem games go by without being able to start a match, and people both complained and left. In retrospect I should have just said hey, this is who I have, we're going to start this now, but that's essentially what the cutoff is anyway.

People are absolutely allowed to show up whenever, and I or another admin will do our best to find an appropriate game, but I really didn't think not implementing a cutoff was fair to the people who show up to play some good games.

The form itself is meant to make it easier to adhere to all that, and from my perspective it's done so. It's worth noting that trying to collect everyone's MMR for the simple purpose of breaking up two games is actually very stressful when you have twenty or more people who've done exactly what they were supposed to do and are just... waiting. Lots of people show up but are in game and aren't able to give it to me, there are plenty of new players that turn out that don't know how to find there MMR in the first place, and in general, having something to point to that lays down some basic organizational structure lets me actually want to host the event.

That's a little harsh, but it's true. Almost a full year of trying to corral four or five stragglers every week can really take the magic out of it, and from a personal standpoint - alleviating that single responsibility, which was exceptionally time consuming, gives me the energy to focus on making sure that people are having a good time. That's something I like, and it keeps me coming back.

1. Can't force the devs to do that really, and the only thing that sets WW apart from other events is the size and the amount of time it's gone on. This is my personal opinion, it could very well be wrong, but I feel like seeing one event get special treatment for a non-necessary purpose might discourage others.

However, it might be reasonable to move the community events thread that Silverfire stole made over to general discussion and sticky it there.

2. I'm uncomfortable with that. I personally don't have a mech labeled PublicMMR on my main account and I don't intend to. I certainly don't want to force others to do something I'm unwilling to do. (The MMR on my main account is about 150 points lower than several of my alt accounts.)

In the past, I've promised discretion when it came to people giving me their MMR, and I've carried through with that. I feel like that more than anything would violate the spirit of an inviting and open community event.

3. If we had more than one server, (and we were able to increase the player cap beyond 12) I would be ecstatic at the proposition. Unfortunately neither of these are the case. Ordinarily the event does start with a mayhem game - though it's not infrequent that it's too small, or there are other players that hop in and block attendees from playing.

Now, as far as playing something other than MA, I'll admit that I may be partially to blame. I tend to ignore the highest tier game, because everyone in there is generally quite competent at organizing themselves.

However, in the other games, I am consistently asking "What map? What game mode? Do you want to set up any rules? Mods?" and while MA is common, TDM is more so in those games, and we can scarcely go a round without someone suggesting Bunker siege, so that happens too.

I do apologize for the oversight though. It is not my intention to limit you guys to playing TPG MA. You're free to suggest whatever you like, and if you're tired of playing MA but the rest of the server wants it, send me a message next time and I'll get you into a different game if you want/I can.

Hope that clears a couple things up. While it upsets me a bit to hear that WW was anything less than freaking awesome, in the long run your experience will be good to keep in mind as the event progresses.

Feel free to discuss any one of these points or bring up something else. I appreciate you coming out to WW when you do.

Edited by ticklemyiguana, 07 May 2015 - 02:32 PM.

• Nov8tr likes this

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Right. So. Tickle has addressed your points pretty well, devotion, I just have a few other replies, but its great getting solid, well-thought out feedback.

I'd like to start out by pointing out that the whole sign-up form thing was birthed out of another player's suggestion that was even more strict and BUREAUCRACYOMGWTFBBQ. And while I recognized the need for some degree of better organization, i resisted anything too over-the-top,exactly for the reasons you noted in your opening. But 45 minutes to get a game going simply is not fair to people who showed up and presented us with MMRs. Even if its Mayhem, that's almost 4 playthroughs of... Frontline and Bazaar. Only one of which is balanced. So I put together a sign-up form, pointed the output to a master spreadsheet and now half of tickle's job is automated. As much as I joke about being the bureaucrat or the clerk of the TS, I don't enjoy needless rules and crap - the point of a good bureaucracy should be to make itself obsolete. But getting games going in less than 15 minutes is too good an improvement on the experience.

Specific issues:

1. Stickies don't work. In fact, a wall of stickies works against itself - people's eyes glaze over and they stop caring. They also don't really capture attention without evidence that something new has come up, and at that point, what's the difference between bumping the WW thread and/or making a reminder post?

2. This takes too long and is connection oriented, both on heroku's side and the admin's side. It sounds like a silly obstacle, but removing the extra time to copy-and-paste people's MMRs is part of what pared down our launch speed.

3. Goddammit, I wish I'd thought of this. I really like that functionality, but again, still need to C&P into a sheet. But still, thanks devotion! I'll try to incorporate that suggestion somehow because its a good use of extant resources.

4. My notes here say "Public labelling of MMR bad" and I think I'm just gonna leave it at that.

As to the game-modes, we'll definitely encourage people to speak up if they want different ones in the future. With the private server backends becoming available and manual server reset button coming, we should be able to do a lot more on the fly.

Edited by Amidatelion, 08 May 2015 - 06:39 AM.

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Muwahahaha............I did it Amid! I stole all the lab rats that were powering your ISP's servers. I'm holding em for ransom. :D

rat.gif

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Tickle has apparently managed to not kill off his entire family and so has to go do things with them so I will be handling matchmaking tonight.

• Silverfire and Nov8tr like this

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

I have struggled on, valiantly managing to stay vertical for two hours until the cavalry arrived.

Tickle, they're your problem now.

I'm going horizontal.

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Well was fun as usual and we got our YETI repair bots!! WOOT!! And Cyber, we finally got to play on the same team. :D

Edited by Nov8tr, 14 May 2015 - 01:45 AM.

aEGHJsh.gif?1

wolfrock

wolfrock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
Good to be back. Did not mind playing MA w the TPG crew, haven't been playing in a while. Good to see the form is speeding things up.

peace w
  • Amidatelion and SOD_CyberTormentor like this
G2R is viable.

SOD_CyberTormentor

SOD_CyberTormentor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Well was fun as usual and we got our YETI repair bots!! WOOT!! And Cyber, we finally got to play on the same team. :D

may 13th was great, close games and much fun. Hey nov, finally we play together my friend, and in the closest tdm.  :thumbsup:

I'm upload the videos, were 5 fun matches, i will post all together in Videos section when it's over  :yes:

Tickle has apparently managed to not kill off his entire family and so has to go do things with them so I will be handling matchmaking tonight.

Thx for the time spended with us Amid and Silver, and sure, thx friends for the nice matches! 

Edited by SOD_CyberTormentor, 15 May 2015 - 05:00 AM.

• Silverfire and Nov8tr like this

SOD_CyberTormentor

SOD_CyberTormentor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Hey guys, all the videos of War Wednesday (may 13th) here -> https://community.pl...esday-may-13th/

SOD_CyberTormentor

SOD_CyberTormentor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Dudes, the subscribe form? do you launch today or tomorow?  :rolleyes:

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Well I'm ready for War today. So any forms to fill out today? Don't matter much for me as I'm in the bargain basement anyhow. I had my MMR up to 1585 till a bunch of pub stomps this week  brought it back down to 1514. Not real happy about that. But ready to have some fun tonight anyhow. So lets rock this party!

aEGHJsh.gif?1

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

6XVRovz.png

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

6XVRovz.png

Fuzzing incredible games.

• crockrocket likes this

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Big fun as usual. I really enjoy these matches. I did better this week. I wasn't the duck in any of the matches. :D

See you guys next week. Same time. Same channel :)

aEGHJsh.gif?1

SOD_CyberTormentor

SOD_CyberTormentor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Tomorow  :whistling:

Nightfirebolt

Nightfirebolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Thanks for the great night, guys  :smile: I'll try to show up for more of these.

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

where else can you have this much fun burning 20 mmr off your avg in one night?

and really not GAF.

:no:

• Nightfirebolt and Nov8tr like this

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

woops??? june 24th?

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

On behalf of the entire HKTS staff I would like to apologize for the disastrous showing we've had tonight. There's no excuse for the poor communication and coordination like what hit us tonight.

Furthermore could I please ask all captains who volunteer or take part in War Wednesday to not schedule or accept scheduling for any time after 9pm EST on Wednesdays. I made a mistake tonight, but it won't be happening again.

SOD_CyberTormentor

SOD_CyberTormentor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

On behalf of the entire HKTS staff I would like to apologize for the disastrous showing we've had tonight. There's no excuse for the poor communication and coordination like what hit us tonight.

Furthermore could I please ask all captains who volunteer or take part in War Wednesday to not schedule or accept scheduling for any time after 9pm EST on Wednesdays. I made a mistake tonight, but it won't be happening again.

Yeah, some people waited join in some game, but i dont know what happen and games start and people who were waiting to be relocated just waiting too long and gave up ... I was expecting the battle of tpg, I ended up not getting worried. But others who hoped to play WW, left disappointed.  :sad:

Edited by SOD_CyberTormentor, 02 July 2015 - 03:54 AM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users