• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Fulano2

Fulano2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Is it just me or there are too few players in the Deathmatch game mode? Simply they prefer the team games or why?

hestoned

hestoned

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

i know right. deathmatch is best match. buncha scruba dub dubs dont know what they are missing

• CrimsonKaim and comic_sans like this

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

Have you two actually met in game?

• Amidatelion, _incitatus and ticklemyiguana like this

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

Have you two actually met in game?

Oh god... I can only imagine how that would go

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts

big bada boom.

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Boob bad a big.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

MacTep_6oT

MacTep_6oT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

privet!

they sound familiar.

don't remember, too drunk prolably

but that is correct, as of this moment, EU, NA, SA, all have no one in DM.

I like DM. easy to kill Vulture mode is best.

Edited by MacTep_6oT, 06 May 2015 - 08:19 PM.

mjU56gg.jpg

( XD ) wimpyhugz

( XD ) wimpyhugz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

It's because it's always the couple of good players that win it. There's no point in the newer lower-ranked players joining because there's no chance in them winning it. I've only played 3 DM games. The first two I lost miserably because it was when I was a complete newbie to the game. The third one was a couple of days ago and I managed to win but it was close. I managed to get a final kill a couple of seconds before the end and that edged me into first. I still don't feel confident enough to play DM on a regular basis though...

(\__/)
 (='.'=) 
 (") (") 

This is Bunny. Copy bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination XD

comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

It's because it's always the couple of good players that win it. There's no point in the newer lower-ranked players joining because there's no chance in them winning it. I've only played 3 DM games. The first two I lost miserably because it was when I was a complete newbie to the game. The third one was a couple of days ago and I managed to win but it was close. I managed to get a final kill a couple of seconds before the end and that edged me into first. I still don't feel confident enough to play DM on a regular basis though...

That's not how DM works.  In DM, you join for the first time, then ignore every other gamemode, then cut a bloody swath through everyone else in the room, even if it takes a consecutive year.  Simple!

• _incitatus and Call_Me_Ishmael like this

100% Hamburger | #becomeinpopcorn

AOTbYIL.png

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

DM is played by not wandering around waiting to find someone to fight.

It's played by walking, not boosting, around, looking for a loner who is boosting, then figuring out where to ambush him.  It's better played by looking for two or more combatants in a fight, then killing both of them while they're focused on each other.

If you get into 2000+ MMR lobbies, then the game is all the above plus the element where two or more of you have killed the first two into a fight, and end up in a high-speed dodge-fest 1v1.

It's freaking GLORIOUS.

• _incitatus likes this

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

DM is the mode played by players independent from a team.

So few play DM ... 

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

DM is the king of the gamemodes if you want to feel good about your leet skillz but my poor little nerves can't handle it. I think i have maybe played it once or twice and i'm for some stupid reason too scared of being all by myself that i can't kill anything there. Also i can't blame my team which is just lame.

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Lol Emily use the pred

Cuz with the pred, the guy you are stalking (psh ... Girls... XD) will be your enemy and his opponent will be your ally .... And then turn into your enemy XD

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts
I shall return to DMs.
Rahr.

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

I shall return to DMs.
Rahr.

You will find a big piece of void.

Emptyness, nothing there, except the wind on Bazaar.

• Jelooboi likes this

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

DeeRax

DeeRax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Deathmatch on Uptown and Origin, with the raider or g2 raider using scanners & scramblers (Yeah, scrubby, I know... But it feels so right with these two mechs, especially the G2 :sweat:), has been among my favorite Hawken experiences so far.

Edited by DeeRax, 07 May 2015 - 10:00 AM.

starfox-sig.gifrYFaSGG.gif

2XhpJes.png

"DeeRax's got what you've always wanted."

comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Also, handy dandy DM tip:  if you see two people fighting, and you want them to die, KILL THE ONE YOU CAN'T KILL ON YOUR OWN FIRST.  If they're both strong, help them both down to equally low HP before you kill either.  Plan or die.

also stop shooting me at all when dave's in the room

Edited by comic_sans, 07 May 2015 - 12:19 PM.

• phed, _incitatus, -Tj- and 2 others like this

AOTbYIL.png

Interrobang87

Interrobang87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
Could be because DM is THE WORST! it's just the worst. Objectives ftw!

OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

I love deathmatch but lately have given up any possible hope of ever finding one. :(

• Jelooboi likes this

Scootin' 'n Shoot | Bawlin' 'n Brawlin' | Ragin' 'n Raidin'

ca62ab9a-2ce9-4a20-b368-0cde03b1331d.png

"Velocitas et Eradico"

ROBOT120807

ROBOT120807

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

I tend to avoid deathmatch because the servers are always such low population. 
It'd be a whole lot of fun if there were a whole bunch of people always duking it out but because of the low population the mode is 60% walking around trying to find people. When yo do find someone you don't want to initiate a fight because it puts you both on radar to get cherry picked by the guy that's done nothing but hide until now. 

I have had a few death match games with 6-10 people and when that happened it was actually really fun. Usually there's only 3 to 5 max at any given time, and that's if you include the people that dodge the game as soon as they drop out of 1st or 2nd place. 

With more people there would at least be multiple fights going on at once so you don't become a giant solitary target on radar every time you fire off a TOW. 

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Also, handy dandy DM tip:  if you see two people fighting, and you want them to die, KILL THE ONE YOU CAN'T KILL ON YOUR OWN FIRST.  If they're both strong, help them both down to equally low HP before you kill either.  Plan or die.

also stop shooting me at all when dave's in the room

aka the one easy trick to make everyone (especially Xacius) who's anyone in DM hate you

I wonder if the lack of DM lately has been made worse by games deciding to end after a few kills for no reason? This just happened three times in a row for me before everyone left. 

Edited by JeffMagnum, 07 May 2015 - 04:50 PM.

• comic_sans likes this

d1eZeG3.png

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts

Bring back Sunday Sunday Sunday

• _incitatus and JeffMagnum like this

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

I4U54qx.jpg     bQCgI0k.png   zd30MxR.png   vP7JiOe.png     uq0awfp.gif

lwY3QRd.jpg

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts

Bring back Sunday Sunday Sunday

this. did I mention this? then this. because this.

+ a kajillion

z6aJAX7.png?1

comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

this. did I mention this? then this. because this.

+ a kajillion

SSSDM will return after I take my finals.  Probably gonna be on private servers this time so I can kick buttholes who don't comply with theme matches.

• CraftyDus likes this

AOTbYIL.png

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts
@jeff: those Matches that ended quickly were point cap matches. First to 60 points won.

z6aJAX7.png?1

Lily_from_animove

Lily_from_animove

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

If you get into 2000+ MMR lobbies, then the game is all the above plus the element where two or more of you have killed the first two into a fight, and end up in a high-speed dodge-fest 1v1.

It's freaking GLORIOUS.

too bad that 95% of your playerbase is excluded from this.

Edited by Lily_from_animove, 15 May 2015 - 06:11 AM.

Dagon

Dagon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Pretty much same as stated above: it ends up being a battle between two high MMR players with everyone else being canon fodder. It also doesn't lend itself to certain playstyles well. I like playing stalker pred. Don't often win DMs that way, but I really enjoy it.

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts

Pretty much same as stated above: it ends up being a battle between two high MMR players with everyone else being canon fodder. It also doesn't lend itself to certain playstyles well. I like playing stalker pred. Don't often win DMs that way, but I really enjoy it.

Death matches like this should be considered a boon for less skilled players. You don't have to worry about protecting a teammate in the middle of a firefight, so when you come across a fight involving two other players and not yourself, you have a choice. You can follow comic's advice and go for the easy kill, or you can stand back and observe. The 1v1 fighting styles are prevalent in other game modes, but in DM, you're not focused on he team's objective, so you can take the time to learn. also a great place to grow thick skin.
  • _incitatus and comic_sans like this

z6aJAX7.png?1

Intrepidor

Intrepidor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Death matches like this should be considered a boon for less skilled players. You don't have to worry about protecting a teammate in the middle of a firefight, so when you come across a fight involving two other players and not yourself, you have a choice. You can follow comic's advice and go for the easy kill, or you can stand back and observe. The 1v1 fighting styles are prevalent in other game modes, but in DM, you're not focused on he team's objective, so you can take the time to learn. also a great place to grow thick skin.

Absolutely, DM is usually about getting on the map in an non-pressured environment. You don't need to worry about watching anyone's back or assisting on a game win. Your only goal to get out there to be there, and if you make some kills along the way great. You will be able to take time to look around you, get to know the map, tune movement mechanics and radar or practice a mech. It truly is a great way to become more experienced and have fun.

As for deaths, they aren't really that big of a deal in DM, unless you're on a streak of course. The kill steal is real :pirate:  

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

I'm not particularly fond of normal Deathmatch.

Dagon

Dagon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

...or maybe stuff like this is contributing: https://community.pl...h-mmr-outliers/

_incitatus

_incitatus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Absolutely, DM is usually about getting on the map in an non-pressured environment. You don't need to worry about watching anyone's back or assisting on a game win. Your only goal to get out there to be there, and if you make some kills along the way great. You will be able to take time to look around you, get to know the map, tune movement mechanics and radar or practice a mech. It truly is a great way to become more experienced and have fun.

As for deaths, they aren't really that big of a deal in DM, unless you're on a streak of course. The kill steal is real :pirate:  

Yup, the lack of any kind of pressure is what makes DM so fun.  You don't have to worry about your team letting you down or letting your team down.  Win or lose, the only person to blame is yourself.

There is nothing to lose in DM except your MMR, but you don't need that anyway...

• Meraple and comic_sans like this

comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Yup, the lack of any kind of pressure is what makes DM so fun.  You don't have to worry about your team letting you down or letting your team down.  Win or lose, the only person to blame is yourself.

There is nothing to lose in DM except your MMR, but you don't need that anyway...

Or you can do what I said above and just hover around a high mmr fight and do the vulture thing!  I have been in some mmr draining matches lately and the only reason my number still has any girth is because I vultured high mmr people so much before the forums went down months ago.

Edited by &THC& comic_sans, 15 May 2015 - 03:05 PM.

AOTbYIL.png

_incitatus

_incitatus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Or you can do what I said above and just hover around a high mmr fight and do the vulture thing! I have been in some mmr draining matches lately and the only reason my number still has any girth is because I vultured high mmr people so much before the forums went down months ago.

So, what is this "vulture" you speak of? I've never heard of this.

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts

• _incitatus likes this

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

I4U54qx.jpg     bQCgI0k.png   zd30MxR.png   vP7JiOe.png     uq0awfp.gif

lwY3QRd.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Gamemode

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users