• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts
This is a repost of a thread I made a few weeks back that I took down at Nept's request but not because of... you know what, no one cares.

So, a few weeks ago M1lkshake of the Automatic Mustangs messaged me while I was minding my own business powerbombing Xin in the greatest GTA clone of all time. He asked if I wanted to sub for his team in a scrim. Translating this from English to High Scrublian, I realized he was asking me if I wanted to submit to a devastating butt pounding from Omni, because it was Sunday and Steam was showing like half of them online.

Well, you know me, I'm always down for some anal ravishing from my betters, so I ponied up and joined their TS.

Below are two of the four games I played. The others not recorded because a) I forgot and b) one of them was Last Eco and back then I could barely run that to begin with. Minor commentary below. One of these days I'll record actual commentary for these bloody things.

Other than a rough start, I'm really happy with this go. It displays all the important bits of teamplay: communication, following orders, supporting your team, etc. If I were a better player personally, we probably could have pulled this under 200, but as it is, I got straight outfought several times.

Welcome to the most balanced map in Hawken. It is so balanced, there are only two tactics. 
  1. Take and hold 2, use your dominance of the center of the map to control the other points and access to them.
  2. Take 1 and 3 simultaneously and force the enemy team off two via early point gain... then take 2.

The problem here is either one of them requires you to be able to fight the enemy team on equal terms, or DM them as Nept put. Tactic 2 is a good counter to stronger enemy teams who can beat you on Point 2, but is useless against a team that can literally 2 v 3 you because they will wipe you on a point and still have 2 defending Point 2. High tier teams will choose Origin against any team they think they can beat because the strongest team wins. Period. If you have a stronger DM team using those two basic tactics will win you the game.

We fell apart due to morale loss. Poor communication exacerbated it.

The other maps were Frontline and Last Eco. Frontline was probably my best showing because at that point I was warmed up. I am kicking myself for not recording it because I managed to 1v1 Xacius and win. Like a BLGrat. We had decent communication and M1lkshake handled pushes and flanking really well. Last Eco was ehn, because we were pretty whupped at that point.

Which is something you're going to see a lot in competitive play if you decide to join (which you should). You are probably going to lose. You are probably going to lose a lot. The majority of competent, high level players are spoken for and you are likely going to get steamrolled. It is important to keep things in perspective and evaluate your play from a distance. Do not let flagging morale compromise your communication and your tactical decisions. Morale is the single biggest opponent you will face. Arguably, two teams dropped out of TPG due to not being able to beat it.

You should join competitive play because your play will improve. After this mess I went into a three star DM and DESTROYED  opponents because I'd spent like ten minutes trying to kill Omnistone and Leonhardt at the same fuzzy bunnyng time. If you focus on your improvement and not your win/loss this fuzzy bunny will get addictive. You will know you can do better and you will want to. The only thing in your way is your ego.

The Lord of the Scrubs leaves you with this. Thanks for watching.

tumblr_nb6yvjzVjn1tk0g3oo1_500.gif

Edited by Amidatelion, 12 May 2015 - 06:13 AM.

• coldform, IareDave, Nept and 5 others like this

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

"People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do." -Black Science Man

Edited by DerMax, 12 May 2015 - 07:12 AM.

• Miscellaneous, Kopra, ropefish and 1 other like this

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts

pd1Hb3H.jpg

• coldform and Amidatelion like this

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

I4U54qx.jpg     bQCgI0k.png   zd30MxR.png   vP7JiOe.png     uq0awfp.gif

lwY3QRd.jpg

Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

If you focus on your improvement and not your win/loss this fuzzy bunny will get addictive. You will know you can do better and you will want to. The only thing in your way is your ego.

QEDnuKZ.gif

Edited by Leonhardt, 12 May 2015 - 07:47 AM.

• CraftyDus likes this

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

"People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do." -Black Science Man

racists-everywhere.jpg

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts

You should join competitive play because your play will improve. After this mess I went into a three star DM and DESTROYED  opponents because I'd spent like ten minutes trying to kill Omnistone and Leonhardt at the same fuzzy bunnyng time.

Always go pubbing after scrims where you and/or your team punches above weight. Godlike.

Best advice for anyone in any comp league fps game ever, scrim invite if you're open, KTP.

Also;

This thread is now a motivational gif derailment

sxkYT.gif

Spoiler

Edited by Dustin, 12 May 2015 - 07:59 AM.

• coldform, Amidatelion, eth0 and 1 other like this

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

I4U54qx.jpg     bQCgI0k.png   zd30MxR.png   vP7JiOe.png     uq0awfp.gif

lwY3QRd.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tpg, tang, omni

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users