Photo

Co-Op Bot Destruction Speed Run Tournament.

- - - - - tpg speed run competition

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

Announcing TPG’s first Co-op Bot Destruction speed-run competition!

Invasion-Landing-banner.jpg
Why co-op bot destruction?

• Region agnostic! Bots ping 0 to every server.
  • New player friendly! If you share a server with top ranked players, they are guaranteed to be on your team. You can even do it alone.
  • Easy scheduling! Just get 1 to 4 players together. Easy as playing berzerker!

Objective:
Complete all 25 waves of Co-op Bot Destruction as fast as possible on Frontline. (Facility will be done at a later date).

Rules:
You may use any combination of mechs, weapons, items, internals, and mutators (that is, the mutators available for voting at the beginning of the match, not private server mods) to complete a run. You may complete the run with any number of players, but only players who are present for the entire run are eligible to receive a reward for that run.

Exploiting bugs in the game to complete a run is accepted and encouraged. If you use a bug to improve your time, please include a description of the bug and how to replicate it in your submission.

Using external programs such as aimbots or scripts to cheat in any way will result in disqualification of the run and shame upon your family. Violating Hawken’s terms of service in any way will result in disqualification of the run. Incomplete or falsified submissions will not be accepted.

No private server modifiers may be used.

The run time will be the time as it is shown on the end of match scoreboard. You must complete all 25 waves for the entry to be valid.

How to enter:
Post in the submission thread using the following format:

Spoiler

Submission videos must adhere to the following:

• Must be unedited, though you may cut some footage before and after the run as long as the next requirement is met.
  • Must include the entire run from connection to the server until the end-of-match carousel.
  • All player names, the scoreboard, the times, and end-of-match must be included and legible
  • Videos should be uploaded to youtube and set to public.

Any resolution or frame rate may be used as long as the aforementioned requirements are met. Submissions with any missing information or evidence of tampering are subject to disqualification. A tutorial for recording can be found here. Note again that the scoreboard must be legible for the entry to be valid.

Only one player needs to submit footage to verify the time if a public server is used. If a private server is used, all players' recordings must be included in the submission. Each player must record and retain footage until 23:59 (central time) on March 27 for use in the event of a dispute.

You may submit as many times as you wish. Players may participate in an unlimited number of different runs and teams. If a new submission supersedes an old one (that is, same team, better time), simply edit the original submission post and notify a tournament administrator (that's just me right now).

Submissions are open in the submission thread, and will close on Saturday, March 26 at 23:59 Central Time (GMT - 6).

Prizes:
Prizes TBD. At minimum there will be something for best run and a raffle for all players that are part of a valid entry. Don’t be afraid to post a run even if you can’t beat the top time: you will still be eligible for the raffle prizes! Players that receive a prize for best run are not eligible for the raffle. There will be one raffle entry per participant regardless of how many runs the player participated in.

A separate submission thread is here. Do not post submissions in this thread.

UPDATE:

Raffle prizes will be:

• Airport Simulator 2014
  • Towtruck Simulator 2015
  • Mining & Tunneling Simulator
  • Warehouse and Logistics Simulator with Hell's Warehouse DLC

Edited by Hyginos, 16 March 2016 - 07:57 AM.

• LEmental, DerMax, Nept and 6 others like this

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts
In the event of a tie, how will the winner be judged?

Are multiple submissions allowed, i.e. improvements?

Is participation on multiple teams allowed?
  • LEmental likes this

devotion

devotion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Violating Hawken’s terms of service in any way will result in disqualification of the run.

gg cond0m

• DerMax, Guns_N_Rozer, Miscellaneous and 2 others like this

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
I like this event. I'll be the first to say that Honey Boom Boom, Dieselcat and I will be fielding the beeeest looking team of this tournament.
  • HoneyBoomBoom and DemitronPrime like this

wmmoney.png

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

In the event of a tie, how will the winner be judged?

I doubt submissions will end up being the same down to the second, but in that case I will take the run with fewer downed mechs followed by most total eu collected. Honestly I hadn't thought about it, so if anyone has suggestions here please post them.

Are multiple submissions allowed, i.e. improvements?

Is participation on multiple teams allowed?

You may submit as many times as you wish. Players may participate in an unlimited number of different runs and teams. If a new submission supersedes an old one (that is, same team, better time), simply edit the original submission post and notify a tournament administrator (that's just me right now).

The raffle will be done on a player by player basis instead of by team/submission to facilitate this.

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Time saving tricks iv noticed are the well known turret placement "feature" on facility, and the climbing spot on front-line, cause SS +64% damage boost ftw.

Edit: i spend way to much time in that mode.

Edited by JackVandal, 27 February 2016 - 09:09 PM.

"but the dead horse has been beaten so many times it's practically a pulpy mess in the barn by now."

-M1lkshake

Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Nerds.

claisolais

claisolais

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

I got no friends with me on this :/

...And I've played too much random matches...CBD timverk? what is that?

Ic6j9zJ.png

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

I got no friends with me on this :/
...And I've played too much random matches...CBD timverk? what is that?

So do it solo!

...there ought be another prize for that.
  • claisolais, MomOw and DemitronPrime like this

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

So do it solo!

...there ought be another prize for that.

It takes so long its not even funny

"but the dead horse has been beaten so many times it's practically a pulpy mess in the barn by now."

-M1lkshake

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

sounds like ti could be good, though im not sure about the exploiting bugs part, that would then in tern be violating hawken tos and then voiding the run....

I mean, clever plot to win and all guys but yeah xD

and as for this.....

Nerds.

Says the guy that plays Hawken with these people....

Says the guy that pointed out my Witcher pendant....

JS dude ^_^

step your game up nept lol...

• Nept likes this

Puck Flinging-Nade Lobbing-Troll Tech

r4GY0PF.jpg

::eoc Pred::Eoc/HC Infil::Vulcanador::Hawkins Tech::EOC Raider::

" I play on north American servers with a 200Ping to give you cry babies a chance"

2XhpJes.png

"Nothing says Good morning Like a well placed Nade"

claisolais

claisolais

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Time saving tricks iv noticed are the well known turret placement "feature" on facility, and the climbing spot on front-line, cause SS +64% damage boost ftw.

Edit: i spend way to much time in that mode.

Then I must've spend WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much time on that mode :/

Around an hour solo is fine, I think? I recall a glitch experiment back in 2013 takes me over 3 hours to finish it. :/ Now that was LONG.

Ic6j9zJ.png

Sorroritas

Sorroritas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

however each player must record and retain footage until 23:59 (central time) on March 27 for use in the event of a dispute.

Crap, that killed it for me. I really need a new computer.

Nice idea for an event though!

Out of the two maps frontline is the worse one. There's several exploits and bugs which make it a cakewalk even solo. (Though there has been a quickfix at some point which made it harder for c-classes)

Good luck everyone!

Treat them with honour, my Brothers.

Not because they will bring us victory this day,

but because their fate will one day be ours.

Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Might still be able to record with the proper settings.  Xacius made a tutorial awhile back that'll probably help:

Just set the recording FPS (Frames Per Second) to like 10.

Edited by Nept: Ultra Lord of the God-Kings, 29 February 2016 - 10:05 AM.

• DemitronPrime likes this

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Nvidia Shadow play for the recording win people, low system usage and blah blah, i know most of you using nvidia cards... shadowplay is FREE

also as Nept states above, you can set shadowplay to record lower fps and quality....

Edited by DemitronPrime, 29 February 2016 - 03:42 PM.

Puck Flinging-Nade Lobbing-Troll Tech

r4GY0PF.jpg

::eoc Pred::Eoc/HC Infil::Vulcanador::Hawkins Tech::EOC Raider::

" I play on north American servers with a 200Ping to give you cry babies a chance"

2XhpJes.png

"Nothing says Good morning Like a well placed Nade"

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

Raffle prizes will be:

• Airport Simulator 2014
  • Towtruck Simulator 2015
  • Mining & Tunneling Simulator
  • Warehouse and Logistics Simulator with Hell's Warehouse DLC

If I get more than two entries there will be MC codes for top entry.

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts
Lol $5 selfie stick duct-taped to the desk, and use your smart phone to record over-the-shoulder!

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

All runs must be completed in a public Co-op bot destruction server. This is to (...) make sure that this competition is as accessible as possible.

Spoiler

I guess waiting's not too bad though..

Edited by (KDR) Meraple, 05 March 2016 - 10:03 AM.

• MomOw likes this

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

Are people having trouble meeting the requirements or simply not interested? I figured I would have at least a few submissions the third week in.

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Are people having trouble meeting the requirements or simply not interested? I figured I would have at least a few submissions the third week in.

Completely forgot about it, honestly. I'll look to drumming up some scrubs.

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

I just don't feel like getting a team together

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

I just don't feel like getting a team together

As in, I forgot to get a team together.

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

As in, I forgot to get a team together.

You've still got over a week ya lazy bum.

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

K

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

I'm down to this friday or saturday when I'm done with finals if anyone's down

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

DeeRax

DeeRax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

I'm down to this friday or saturday when I'm done with finals if anyone's down

Perhaps.. Gotta' remember what my plans for this weekend are... Also, I often have bad luck with my internet connection when trying to destruct some co-op.

Theoretically, though.. Me, Crock, Dallas, and someone else? Theoretically.

Edited by (TDM) DeeRax, 15 March 2016 - 02:58 PM.

• crockrocket likes this

starfox-sig.gifrYFaSGG.gif

2XhpJes.png

"DeeRax's got what you've always wanted."

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
I've done a few runs, just haven't posted. It is tough to get everyone on same page with recording, screen shot ect

wmmoney.png

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

Perhaps.. Gotta' remember what my plans for this weekend are... Also, I often have bad luck with my internet connection when trying to destruct some co-op.

Theoretically, though.. Me, Crock, Dallas, and someone else? Theoretically.

I'm away this weekend. However, I can do any time between 5PM & 9PM EST next week 

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

I've done a run to see how fast we could do it (without meeting all the requirements). IIRC we've done it in 33min (3 incin and 1 salt).

Playing in public server was difficult as party queuing in coop Bot destruction seems screwed. 

For those who tried, how fast could you do it ?

IRZUTYo.png

gXO9Nfd.pngmXasTsY.pngft4VqcE.png

KDR Member | Streamer | Priority Target II

Spoiler

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

I've done a run to see how fast we could do it (without meeting all the requirements). IIRC we've done it in 33min (3 incin and 1 salt).

Playing in public server was difficult as party queuing in coop Bot destruction seems screwed. 

That better go up as a legit run, it ain't too shabby. 45 min was the last one I remember, but we were fuzzing around.

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

Well the example run I did was 37 minutes, for what that's worth. What requirements were you unable to meet?

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

Well the example run I did was 37 minutes, for what that's worth. What requirements were you unable to meet?

I think that I was the only one to record and we did it in a private server after one or two failed attempts to queue.

IRZUTYo.png

gXO9Nfd.pngmXasTsY.pngft4VqcE.png

KDR Member | Streamer | Priority Target II

Spoiler

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

I think that I was the only one to record and we did it in a private server after one or two failed attempts to queue.

Are people consistently having trouble? getting into public bot destruction servers?

I'll look into the private server mods that are available and consider lifting that requirement.

EDIT: I think the difficulty of policing the negative friendly fire mod will be too difficult, so for now the public server requirement must stay.

Edited by Hyginos, 16 March 2016 - 07:17 AM.

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Are people consistently having trouble? getting into public bot destruction servers?

I'll look into the private server mods that are available and consider lifting that requirement.

EDIT: I think the difficulty of policing the negative friendly fire mod will be too difficult, so for now the public server requirement must stay.

What? No, just require recording to be from connecting to the map and just skim for console. Even a minimal console shows up pretty clearly.

Silent_

Silent_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Looks like I still have recording of that. Tho its still slower than 32min I got with apples, clai and rozer on our test run with ppl lagging and rozer being useless at following instructions.

Well try to do proper run before deadline I guess, if I manage to get others play.

EDIT; Maybe just ban use of anything that isnt available in pub servers? So that private servers could be used but you cant use any mods. It can be quite pain to get in pub server.

Edited by Silent_, 16 March 2016 - 07:35 AM.

• MomOw likes this

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

What? No, just require recording to be from connecting to the map and just skim for console. Even a minimal console shows up pretty clearly.

That is a good point, though I worry I may miss something if I have to run though 2 hours of footage for ever run on a private server. Someone could still probably slip by with a low framerate and a macro.

With that said it does seem like this is a major impediment for a lot of people. I will update the rules as follows:

All runs must be completed in a public Co-op bot destruction server. This is to prevent any private server shenanigans and make sure that this competition is as accessible as possible. Runs completed on a private server may not make use of any server modifiers.

• Must include the entire run from the beginning lobby screen connection to the server until the end-of-match carousel.

Only one player needs to submit footage to verify the time if a public server is used. If a private server is used all 4 players' recordings must be included in the submission. Each player must record and retain footage until 23:59 (central time) on March 27 for use in the event of a dispute. 

Edited by Hyginos, 16 March 2016 - 07:55 AM.

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

Silent_

Silent_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

I guess starting to record at lobby is fine in case of public servers? Coz u cant login as admin anyway and it would be annoying to rejoin server incase of multiple tries. + server could get taken during doing so.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

I guess starting to record at lobby is fine in case of public servers? Coz u cant login as admin anyway and it would be annoying to rejoin server incase of multiple tries. + server could get taken during doing so.

Correct.

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

The public Coop-BD servers in EU are buggy, the modifiers are random and the server name can disappear from TAB/ESC/after-match scoreboard.

I suppose the first isn't a problem for submissions, but is the latter a problem?

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

The public Coop-BD servers in EU are buggy, the modifiers are random and the server name can disappear from TAB/ESC/after-match scoreboard.

I suppose the first isn't a problem for submissions, but is the latter a problem?

I noticed that the mutators are buggy on NA servers as well.

If you include your connection to the server in the recording that should show what server you join, and if you get in by queuing that will at least demonstrate that it wasn't a private server. With the amended rules I don't think this will be a problem.

• Meraple likes this

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tpg, speed run, competition

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users