Photo

My grabbag of suggestions for NEW things (UPDATE 17-06-2015:Electrolaser mech "Striker")

- - - - - mechs game modes cosmetics

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

BIsmuthZornisse

BIsmuthZornisse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

This thread is for my suggestions for actually new things, as opposed to my other thread which is concerned with suggestions for fixing things already in the game.
Regarding my attached sketches. Their just simple sketches, not indicative of how they should look in the game, they would need to be adjusted to hawken's art direction.

MECHS

Spoiler

G2 MECHS
Spoiler

MODES
Ace Shooter:
Every player for itself
At first it seems like a normal deathmatch, but then a player lands the killing blow...
When a player destroys an enemy, it becomes the “Ace Shooter”, a status with the following effects:
-Player deals 150% damage/heat, ailments applied to the enemy have 150% duration
-Player's ground speed, boost speed and air speed is 150%
-Player's mech's ability is improved
-Player takes 1% of full health damage every half second. Repair mode is disabled and armor orbs do not restore armor.
-The player's own repair charge will deplete as if it healed the player normally, but instead of armor restoration, the player takes only 0,5% of health damage every half second while within range of the charge.
-If the Ace Shooter destroys another player while the status is active, 25% of your armor is restored

If another player kills the Ace Shooter, the status is transferred to the killer.
If the Ace Shooter runs out of health due to the status' effect, it is not transferred to anyone (unless, the player hit itself between the last hit from enemy and the armor depletion, in which case the status goes to the enemy to land the last hit.)
If a player destroys a non-ace shooter player while a third player is the ace shooter, the kill does not grant ace shooter status.

The goal is to either hold the “ace shooter” status for a specified target amount of time, or to have held it the longest when a time limit runs out. Both conditions should apply during the match, like in team deathmatch

I admit that i'm shamelessly ripping off the ace hunter mode from Metroid Prime: Hunters.

COSMETICS
Repair drones
UiuQGqYm.jpg
LOVE-UMBRELLA
RD-KASA
Modeled after the japanese umbrella monster known as karakasa or kasaobake (kasa meaning umbrella).
Should be purple.
RD-RAIN

Suggestions in the works:
Mechs: C-Class Defense Piledriver, A-Class Fu<king annoyance Support "Fairy"(tentative name)
Weapons: "poison dart launcher"(tentative name, obviously won't be poison. maybe a damaging drone that sticks to enemy?), "Tsukiyomi" (a liquid based weapon, because moon affects tide?)
Maps: "Mushroom tower", "Geothermal plant", VR "Abyss' Aquarium"
A bunch of repair drones

Give me feedback.

Edited by BismutZornisse, 17 June 2015 - 08:48 AM.

I have a lot of ideas and would like some feedback on them:

Suggestions for fixing things:

https://community.pl...of-suggestions/

Suggestions for new things:

https://community.pl...for-new-things/

HorseHeadProphet

HorseHeadProphet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

I can dig it

Guardian reminds me very much of the Paladin vehicle from the UT series. It too generated a large energy shield from a turret that could be moved around to deflect incoming fire. You can also fire a slow moving but large energy ball from a secondary barrel on the same turret, to attack the enemy. You can also put the barrier up, and shoot the ball into back of the barrier, creating a large shockwave around the vehicle. It's useful for holding spots but its slow speed made it one of the least used vehicles. What if the Guardian's ability was to release a healing wave for mechs that were around it/hiding by it? The healing would be somewhat weak, maybe 80 HP, but with a mere 20 second cooldown.

The Hawken forum's a forum, but it's like the only one you get yelled at for using.

Waspkiller

Waspkiller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

:o I love the ideas. :)

BIsmuthZornisse

BIsmuthZornisse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Made following changes

Guardian's righthanded weapon is now Barrier projector C

Knight's righthanded weapon is now Barrier projector B and the ability is Coolant K

Added G2 incinerator:

G2 Incinerator (A-Class Support)

Longrange suppression and support unit

Passive heat absorption is stronger. Howerver, when no heat is generated, it loses the heat (like other mechs would), due to the lower volume-to-surface ratio.

Stats:

Overheat>radar>fuel tank>fuel regeneration>armor>boost speed>air speed>ground speed

Ability: Heat dispersal 2

Like the g1 incinerator's ability (it uses specialized “arm” pieces) BUT is not immobilized and deals no damage, only heat.

Righthanded weapon:

Variable Flamethrower

Mode 1:Fires an arcing stream of ignited gel, hit enemies catch fire and build up heat over time.

Mode 2: Fires a gel-generator, itself embedded in ignited gel, in an arc. It effectively functions like a heat charge, but can stick to walls or ceiling. If an enemy is hit, the target takes light damage, and essentially has a heat charge stuck to it (like it used to be possible for shields). Uses probably around 50% heat per shot, middling reload time.

Lefthanded weapons:

TG-Stylet L

Long-range rotary cannon, long spin up, middling damage, average heat generation

TG-Stylet AF

Semi-long-range rotary cannon, very long spin up, high heat generation, very low damage, hits increase target's heat by 1%

TG-Stylet AM

Mid-range rotary cannon, long spin up, good damage, very high heat generation

I always wanted a rapidfiring (like assault rifle-rate) long range weapon, even if it doesn't deal a lot of damage. Since the g1-incinerator's weapons are named after bears, I named this smaller incinerator's after the tardigrades, the water bears, the “stylet” referencing their mouthparts with which they sting into and suck out algae/moss and even smaller animals. L stands for “Larva”, AF for “Adultus femineus”, AF for “Adultus masculus”, to preserve the g1's naming scheme.

BIsmuthZornisse

BIsmuthZornisse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

added 3 repair drones, complete with (poorly drawn) concept sketch.

UiuQGqYm.jpg

i'm also working on an tracetory indicator concept

wOXtHL8m.jpg?1

i find the current crosshairs to be somewhat misleading, because your weapons aren't held in front of you, but are mounted on your mech's sides, which throws my (already terrible) aim off.

So my solution would be to implement trajectory indicators. they would show where your projectile would go, if it had no deviation and there was nothing blocking your shots. the circle on the left line shows up when anything that would interact with your projectile, the width/diameter being indicative of the possible deviation at that range (it would become larger on further away targets). for bouncing projectiles, like grenades it would only show the initial trajectory, without the bouncing.

The indicators would be part of the pilot's holo visor.

The reason this isn't included in the list in the op, is because i don't know if this should be an option in the cockpit menu, or an internal (a "crutch" internal like the composite armor.)

Also, the sketch shows my suggested knight with an active Barrier projector B (showing the opening for the lefthanded weapon), a sub machine cannon, and a fred chassis.

Feedback?

What if the Guardian's ability was to release a healing wave for mechs that were around it/hiding by it? The healing would be somewhat weak, maybe 80 HP, but with a mere 20 second cooldown.

I think that ability would be better suited to a g2 tech, or a forger (an unused b-class in the localization files) or something.

Edited by BismutZornisse, 31 May 2015 - 07:37 AM.

BIsmuthZornisse

BIsmuthZornisse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Added new mech "Striker" (formerly "Lightning") that wields an electrolaser cannon that requires a little setup to use.

Striker (C-Class Assassination)

Precise elimination unit

Aerodynamics>Generator>Boost>Fuel tank>Radar>Cooling units>Hydraulics>Armor

Ability:

Blue flash

If button is held: Transforms into turret; as soon as transformation is finished, a blue hitscan cone is emitted forwards from the shields. Enemies within the cone receive an ism-disruptor-effect. The cone lasts for a fraction of a second (just enough to be visible); the mech immediately untransforms when flash ends.

If button is tapped: No transformation, cone is emitted upwards.

Creates heat and can't be used when overheated. Has long cooldown.

Lefthanded weapons:

Slug rifle

Heavy precision vulcan

Mid-to-long-range, precise rapid fire weapon that deals decent damage, but the weapon generates heat VERY quickly. You won't be able to fire it much longer than five seconds at a time. Has short spin-up time.

Redox-O2

Since reduction and oxidization are electron-based, I thought it would it should go to the lightning mech. Now your electrolaser will hurt even more!

Righthanded weapon:

Lightningrod cannon

Mode 1:

Fire ionization projectile. Firing rate should be similiar to sabot. Ionization should last between 10 to 25 seconds, due to time needed for mode change and winding up.

Mode 2:

Has long (2 sec?) spinup. After spinup, if no ionized target is in range, will keep "spinning" and build up heat.

If an ionized enemy is within a cone with a narrow aperture and about ke-sabot range, it shoots a powerful hitscan electrolaser, causes an emp-effect on the enemy, and the weapon generates immense heat (at least 40%). The actual “laser” only lasts a split second, like a lightning strike.

Starting item:

ism disruptor

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
lol the recon uses some of my pasf ideas XD tho im not very fond of the tech like power sucker ob thar type of mech...

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

BIsmuthZornisse

BIsmuthZornisse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
at first the cable was only there for fluff reason (no data loss or interference), but then i realized that the effect is esentially a portable scanner with unlimited range. So having to be close to the enemy (who will know you're there since you have to hit it with the cable first) seems like a fair tradeoff.

Any opinions on my other stuff?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mechs, game modes, cosmetics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users