• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

talons1337

talons1337

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

- If you quit more than once every two hours you have a 5min waiting time to log in a game of the same mode

HAHAHAH with my great connection I will never be able to play a game again

When in doubt, attack your own team. You will still get points for it!

5Fv3Gsb.jpg

NBv9U8X.gif

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

So now that HC gain per minute has increased, have you seen fewer quitters ?

No.  It is the same.

At this point, I don't think anyone cares about HC gain except newbies.  I have at least two of every mech and something like 500,000 HC which I have no idea what to do with.

• LRod likes this

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

talons1337

talons1337

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

No.  It is the same.

At this point, I don't think anyone cares about HC gain except newbies.  I have at least two of every mech and something like 500,000 HC which I have no idea what to do with.

Buy every single item and internal for every single mech you own.

When in doubt, attack your own team. You will still get points for it!

5Fv3Gsb.jpg

NBv9U8X.gif

So_Say_We_All

So_Say_We_All

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Reward:

Multiplier bonus for each consecutive match in the same lobby a person plays.  If each match becomes more valuable to you than the one before, you're more likely to look to stay in that lobby longer and longer.

Service awards for things like "Played 10 consecutive matches in the same server."

Punishment:

If a player quits a match at any time after they've been in for over 60 seconds, they cannot join any other servers/matches for a period of 4 minutes... and they lose any XP,HC, etc. they've accumulated.  They also take an automatic loss against their Win/Loss ratio (which is pointless, but some people seem to live and die by this stat).

I say that punishment is totally fair.  People will argue that "I should not be punished by not being allowed to join another match for 4 minutes.  What if I just had to go to the bathroom or my mom made me take out the trash?"  Well, it should realistically take you around that long, especially if you're not disgusting and you wash your hands before you put them back on your mouse and keyboard.  And, unless you have a medical condition, you can tell whether you have to pee in plenty of time to decide to do it between matches.  If you know you have commitments, take care of them, don't use them as an excuse to mess up others gaming experience in favor of your own.  And if you're saying, "If a match sucks and my team is crap, I shouldn't be punished for not wanting to suffer through it - I want to have fun and staying in a crap match isn't..." well, I think 4 minutes to take some deep breaths and get life into perspective may be exactly what you need.

Actually, I like this 4 minute thing a lot. It's great because it doesn't really matter if something comes up/you lag out/etc. You can still join back into the SAME sever. You just can't hop to another server. So it really should only disadvantage someone who quits with the intention of finding a new game immediately. And four minutes isn't the end of the world but it's a definite consequence to continuous play

Reaction to the continuously increasing rewards: 
You gotta cap the bonuses. Too high of a reward encourages people to half-play half-AFK during matches just to get the bonus, which is a worse problem entirely. 

========================

I had another idea for the Matchmaking problem:

Suggestion:
If you leave a server after a match or during matchmaking, you should have to wait one whole round before being allowed to rejoin that same server.

This prevents someone from specifically bypassing matchmaking for a server, which instantaneously unbalances the match. It doesn't stop one's ability to play, they just have to join an entirely new server. If you lose connection during this time, just play a different server.

Quitting during/before matchmaking is something I used to exploit a lot before I realized how terrible the game becomes with lopsided matches. I can't entirely be sure whether FakeName was trolling or not, but it's really easy to exploit. And I would call it an exploit because it's using the system's mechanistic limitations to gain unfair advantage. The fact that it's a popular exploit simply speaks to the severity of the issue.

Getting more consistently balanced teams is far more important than any mech-based balance adjustment at the moment in my opinion. Since it also requires zero heavy modifications to the game engine itself, this should be an easy way to improve hawken

Edited by So_Say_We_All, 23 July 2015 - 01:02 PM.

LRod

LRod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

IMO, smurfs are the biggest reason for folks (myself included) saying "F*CK THIS SH!T" and dumping the match.  I could care less about losing HC, being penalized, or getting put on some silly time out.  I make note of the server I'm currently on, hit F5, dump the match and find a different server to play on.  I too am trying to enjoy the game, and if some smurf is going to ruin the couple hours I have to play the game, then I just won't bother.  Recently, I find myself saying to hell with this game entirely and instead switch over to another game.

Edited by LRod, 13 August 2015 - 08:38 AM.

"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting"  - Sun Tzu

Pleasure_Mortar

Pleasure_Mortar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

The day a system is established that penalizes quitting a match is the same day i'm gonna quit and delete my account for good.

My time is precious and I play Hawken to have FUN.  I'm not gonna stay in a horribly balanced game or a game with a hacker in it or something similar.

Having to take a punishment for leaving is wasting other peoples time and fun for nobody. 

There's enough fuzzy bunny you are forced to do in RL I don't need it in something that was ment for recreation.

I'm fine if you want to reward people who stay. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: quitting, incentive, matchmaking, balance

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users