• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

eth0

eth0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Leave items and internals as-is unrestricted but don't have health orbs drop on death.

Just bringing this one up again as an alternative, though I'm curious to try both this and restricting orbs as items.

I'd much rather have the choice to carry orbs than find them after the fight I needed them in.

• A mech with extractor/repair kit would be limited to the orbs carried into the match
  • Anyone can carry orbs to benefit themselves or others
  • Pilots still risk losing orbs to an enemy if placed, especially on the silo

In the case where item orbs are banned:

• A mech with ext/rk benefits after a kill on either side, orbs are only available from dead teammates or enemies
  • Attacking or defending, as pilots fall orbs may be scattered within and nearby the silo
  • Attacking, if victorious, is rewarded by dropped orbs and less time repairing
  • Attacking, if ineffective, leaves both teams repairing
  • Defending, if victorious, leaves defenders repairing
  • Defending, if ineffective, means you run or leave enemy team an orb

Kinda just spitting some of this out to get some ideas in the air. Mostly, I don't like the idea of an internal that is only effective where(not when) people happen to die.

Pubstomping is a whole different strategic discussion, however, and usually just becomes an exploration of the ethics of dumpstering randos.

UYoy63i.png

Why mech game make when you no mech game have you don't want to make? 

Massive_Assailant_Stingray

Massive_Assailant_Stingray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

I'd much rather have the choice to carry orbs than find them after the fight I needed them in.

Something about this statement is the reason why, I think, orblording is being cracked down on in the first place.

...the fight I needed them in.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TPG, NeptIsGreat

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users