Photo

So xDragonx wanted a longer montage- how's 8 minutes?

- - - - - montage footage game gameplay play Scout Infiltrator Predator music song

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

CoshCaust

CoshCaust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

It comes off a bit epic, just remember it's a game and try not to take it too seriously :)

Again, i hope you enjoy, and please feel free to criticize.

Song/music:

Phaxe - Angels of Destruction (Neelix remix)

• LEmental, ThirdEyE, Guns_N_Rozer and 4 others like this

LEmental

LEmental

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

I wouldn't include teamspeak talk in a montage.  I also wouldn't include 2v1s since it's easy to win those.  I liked the fight against poopslinger.  The effects were good.

Edited by LEmental, 16 June 2015 - 09:06 PM.

hkn_sign_lgbt_by_neraste-d8oyzga.png

SatelliteJack

SatelliteJack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Ohai Cosh! Didn't know you made it onto the forums. Welcome aboard! :D

cUB1aCW.jpg?2

LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

name drops! I know those guise!

CoshCaust

CoshCaust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

I wouldn't include teamspeak talk in a montage.  I also wouldn't include 2v1s since it's easy to win those.  I liked the fight against poopslinger.  The effects were good.

Hm, i actually put those two longer clips with TS chat in mainly for the chat itself; those portions are less game play and more just the cool atmosphere the game can create- was a 2v1 part of those portions? I can understand why this might not fit with most other clips in the video.

Thank you for the feedback!

Ohai Cosh! Didn't know you made it onto the forums. Welcome aboard! :D

Yep, haven't posted much i suppose- thanks! :D

LEmental

LEmental

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Yeah, that was the 2v1 I was talking about. Just kinda water downs your other coolness =P

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Extremely disjointed, in content and presentation.

You start off with an obvious pubstomp, move to TS talk and then get into the meat of it and then go back to TS talk.

Not really a coherent piece.

• LEmental likes this

LEmental

LEmental

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Amids got a point.  I don't think length is a thing you should worry about.  Just compile clips of you rocking good players.  I'm sure for you that won't take long.

• Rajitha likes this

Draigun

Draigun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

You start off with an obvious pubstomp, move to TS talk and then get into the meat of it and then go back to TS talk.

Clearly you've forgotten the important piece.

TpsOr7F.png

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Liked for piloting EOC Infiltrator. True skillz, no fuzzy bunny. Pro playz confirmed.

• Rajitha likes this

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

Rajitha

Rajitha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Wow that had some great moves. Then i watched your montage #3 which was beyond epic! :D 
You got a subscriber for sure, like LEmental said needn't focus on length :)
Edit : I ended up watching all the montages :D All that sound synchronisation is just amazing

Edited by Rajitha, 18 June 2015 - 03:39 AM.

This ^_^ 

I agree with the desire to be able to see the actual ping time to each server.  I have it high on my list of things to address when we start releasing new client builds.  That would be a much better solution.

Hobbes Videos are really good to get a taste of each mechs playstyle - https://community.pl...awken-handbook/
Index of all the Hawken guides - https://community.pl...-guides-hawken/

CoshCaust

CoshCaust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

The very first clip was just kind of  an intro, thought it was sort of cool in a cinematic sense- tracking the guy, seeing a light post fall over, haha. As for the Second clip [you're likely referring to] on the map Bunker, iMissedOnce and Flak1 are two of the best smurf accounts i've ever seen- they were in a party absolutely demolishing everyone, matchmaking stood no chance- so i was actually being my team's Robinhood  :thumbsup:

Like i said i included the TS chat portions for their ambiance, not gameplay in any 'this is impressive footage' sense; but maybe that flowed like vinegar to oil  :rolleyes: haha

Thank you for the criticism!

Amids got a point.  I don't think length is a thing you should worry about.  Just compile clips of you rocking good players.  I'm sure for you that won't take long.

Liked for piloting EOC Infiltrator. True skillz, no fuzzy bunny. Pro playz confirmed.

Wow that had some great moves. Then i watched your montage #3 which was beyond epic! :D
You got a subscriber for sure, like LEmental said needn't focus on length :)
Edit : I ended up watching all the montages :D All that sound synchronisation is just amazing

Thanks a lot everyone! :D

The length was really just a result of wanting to use that song / the overall feel i wanted- but i had remembered someone mentioning wanting it longer, haha.

Rajitha, that means so much to me  :wub: lol

Edited by CoshCaust, 18 June 2015 - 05:10 PM.

Veritasnous

Veritasnous

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

You see who he kills there around the 7-minute mark? Clearly a no good montage.

• CoshCaust likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: montage, footage, game, gameplay, play, Scout, Infiltrator, Predator, music, song

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users