Photo

EU comp league | PRIORITY TARGET | Sign up now!

* * * * * 3 votes competitive Europe EU comp sign up

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

n3onfx

n3onfx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

It's so beautiful it makes me want to cry.

• DisorderlyMechanic likes this

t

t

DWEH3ZP.png   CRITICAL  RqKpxHn.png    ASSIST   VDNrFxD.png

t

t

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

-snip-

Team PizzaBangStormWeaselParty69 is combat ready. I'll see you all on the battlefield 

I imagine the creative process behind that name is quite the thing to behold.

Edited by (KDR) Dr_Freeze001, 19 July 2015 - 09:33 AM.

• comic_sans, Shoutaxeror, Pandabaron and 1 other like this

KkaQ7HY.png

hsabot4.png  jaDBqOD.png  JsRCQoO.png  4XXKL4C.png

KDR Clan Leader | UVW Host |  KOBALT Leader

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

n3onfx

n3onfx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

I imagine the creative process behind that name is quite the thing to behold.

We had something like 4 suggestions ranging from EFM32HG108F64 to The mighty storm weasels, Pizza Bang or Beer Party from different people so we decided to just mash it together and let it live on its own.

Edited by neon, 19 July 2015 - 09:36 AM.

• Dr_Freeze001, Houruck, Meraple and 3 others like this

t

t

t

t

Strike_IRISH_1

Strike_IRISH_1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I am gonna jump right in and tell you folks I am looking for a spot to fill.  AKA Looking for a team.

I Own all current Hawken mechs, all Maxed out. Played since the Game was in Alfa going on three years.

Strike_IRISH_1 at your service.

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Ladies and gentlemen, there has been an addition to the rules. This involves any sort of abuse of the re spawn mechanics before the round starts.

Basically don't kill yourself before the round begins.

• Meraple and Erzunterweltler like this

KkaQ7HY.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Ladies and gentlemen, there has been an addition to the rules. This involves any sort of abuse of the re spawn mechanics before the round starts.

Basically don't kill yourself before the round begins.

In short, it's to nullify Composite Armor and prevent circumventing of the mech-picking system.
Composite Armor's 15% damage reduction gives the Brawler an equivalent to that of 120 extra HP per life, if no healing is taken into account; heals will also be 15% more effective because of it.
Obviously, it's quite OP compared to other internals for this mode if usable.

I just wanted to pretend I'm smart.

Strike_IRISH_1

Strike_IRISH_1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

UNDERSTANDABLE i DON'T HAVE TO USE THE BRAWLER. I AM A CAPABLE HEALER AS WELL.

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Pizzabangstormweaselparty64

PizzaBangStormWeaselParty69

Which one is it?

n3onfx

n3onfx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Which one is it?

Both, and none at the same time. Some say the way you read it is a mirror into your soul, others that no matter how hard you look at it, you will never see it twice the same way.

I suppose the "official" one is the one used for the registration.
  • Houruck, Shoutaxeror and HepTagoN like this

t

t

t

t

Deaod

Deaod

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

The rules still dont say anything about how a server is to be configured. If there is a timelimit, what happens when it is reached? The rules also are not explicit about any sort of configuration for the servers. For example, the rules imply, but do not say that i cant set the frag limit to 1. Also, if youre going to play a best-of-9, have you thought about how long that would take, especially considering that theres a lot of overhead in terms of time involved?

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

Gamemode is VIP, of which the rules are detailed in the document, which includes fraglimit, timelimit and mutators.

The G-Doc includes none of these things.

Other things I'm still not clear on:

• Round time limit expires, both VIPs remain. What now?
  • Are team captains just supposed to throw email/messages at each other until a match happens or do you have a way to officially list a match time prior to its completion?
  • Is the other team informed of which player is the VIP? If so, when, and how?

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

The rules still dont say anything about how a server is to be configured. If there is a timelimit, what happens when it is reached? The rules also are not explicit about any sort of configuration for the servers. For example, the rules imply, but do not say that i cant set the frag limit to 1. Also, if youre going to play a best-of-9, have you thought about how long that would take, especially considering that theres a lot of overhead in terms of time involved?

The G-Doc includes none of these things.

Other things I'm still not clear on:

• Round time limit expires, both VIPs remain. What now?
  • Are team captains just supposed to throw email/messages at each other until a match happens or do you have a way to officially list a match time prior to its completion?
  • Is the other team informed of which player is the VIP? If so, when, and how?

Good questions, and thank you for bringing them up. I was planning to use the UVW servers for this, but that was before the increase in players which has caused it's very own set of problems, some of which I'm still trying to solve.

@Deaod:

A server must be the default TDM server configuration, with removed timelimit. You are not allowed to set any other specific parameters, be it mods, frag limit or other. The only allowed action by the server admin is the switching of players to their team (before anyone has spawned) and setting the map using the 'SetNextMap' command. Once a round is over the server is reset and gameflow is resumed from the mech spawn onward.

I want to clarify that the mech picking only happens the 1st round. Afterwards the teams are allowed to change mechs in between rounds. If both teams know the gameflow I trust it won't take that long. The match is run by people, and human error is possible. If something goes wrong before the round starts best thing to do is restart the server and try again. If something goes wrong during the round then you keep on playing.

That's another thing that Erzunterweltler has broungt up: what if someone disconnect during a round? Well, you just keep playing. It isn't an automatic forfeit, and it does not mean that the round has to be restarted. No one needs to sit out, you just keep on playing. When the round ends you are free to replace the DC'd pilot with your team's reserve players. If the VIP disconnects that team must immediately assign a new VIP, or if they think their VIP might disconnect during the game they can assign as substitute VIP before the round starts.

@Hyginos

There won't be a time limit.

I'll have a list up with whom will be playing whom. I've also send out confirmation e-mails to all team captains or, if they were unavailable for messaging, a member of that team. It instructs to send an e-mail to hawken.prioritytarget@gmail.com. Using those e-mail addresses I will inform the team captains and give the e-mail of the team they must compete with. 

But hey, of you want feel free to throw your e-mail on the thread. I just won't be responsible for any spam.

The VIP is chosen at the start of each round and must be publicly announced in chat (example: ' 01.20 Dr_Freeze001: I'm VIP. ), and they'll be the ones giving the 'GO' signal.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask. I'll be adding or clarifying the rules in the GO document based on your feedback.

KkaQ7HY.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

GeneralJWJ

GeneralJWJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

By the way just putting that out there but someone put in a "player looking for team" form as CapnJosh but with some random email and an Eastern Europe timezone, I didn't want to include it in the list until I got a response from a PM I sent capnjosh about it since it looked super fake, but since inscriptions end today, maybe keep it in mind I guess.

Go read and edit the hawken wiki you fuzzy bunnies.

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

I was not aware you could do infinite time TDM. Does that take a server restart to apply?

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

I was not aware you could do infinite time TDM. Does that take a server restart to apply?

Yup. to make the changes you set in the admin panel you can just go in game and when you reload the server they should be applied. However the most recent weekly update did have something about a restart button. Haven't tested it yet, but if it work, then... great. You can do it that way.

KkaQ7HY.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Yup. to make the changes you set in the admin panel you can just go in game and when you reload the server they should be applied. However the most recent weekly update did have something about a restart button. Haven't tested it yet, but if it work, then... great. You can do it that way.

Yup, restart button works.

-snip-

I suspect a demo video might be in order describing the custom game-mode. There's a lot of new information and expectation for players to process.

Edited by Amidatelion, 20 July 2015 - 09:04 AM.

• Guns_N_Rozer and Meraple like this

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Yup, restart button works.

I suspect a demo video might be in order describing the custom game-mode. There's a lot of new information and expectation for players to process.

Thanks for confirming. I'm working on a demo video, but it's proving harder than expected. 

KkaQ7HY.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Just a friendly reminder that the sign-up period ends in a few (read: 21/2 ) hours and that the signups will be cut off. Also, due to reasons the rules have been altered to make each match best of 5 instead of first to 5, due to concerns involving the length of a round.

EDIT: Signups are now closed. If you have any questions please contact hawken.prioritytarget@gmail.com. Thank you.

Edited by (KDR) Dr_Freeze001, 20 July 2015 - 04:13 PM.

KkaQ7HY.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

n0cturnal

n0cturnal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

You will be PM'ing or e-mailing when teams are chosen? Or you will just post a thread/reply with the info?

2ujgwf5.png

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

You will be PM'ing or e-mailing when teams are chosen? Or you will just post a thread/reply with the info?

I'll do all of the things. If all goes well you'll know your team before the end of the week.

• n0cturnal likes this

KkaQ7HY.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

GeneralJWJ

GeneralJWJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

EDIT: Signups are now closed. If you have any questions please contact hawken.prioritytarget@gmail.com. Thank you.

I'm finally freeeeeeeeeeeee!

• Dr_Freeze001 likes this

Go read and edit the hawken wiki you fuzzy bunnies.

kaiersas

kaiersas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I2DI

I2DI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

You got your sock back, Dobby?

• n3onfx likes this

I simply cease to believe that something is OP just because it's OP.

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Yup, that's all for the signups. Teams are underway and I'm extremely busy waiting patiently for people to confirm. Now's the time for me to start throwing bottles with messages at people and hope they respond.

General, you did a damn fine job. Thanks for stepping up to help, it is very much appreciated. Also why aren't you in a team! Don't you wanna play some super MLP xXxHAWK3NxXx!!!1!

Edited by (KDR) Dr_Freeze001, 21 July 2015 - 03:23 AM.

KkaQ7HY.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

KarlSchlag

KarlSchlag

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
Thanks Freeze for being so patient with us.

Spoiler

Edited by (KDR) KarlSchlag, 21 July 2015 - 09:55 AM.

• Dr_Freeze001, Pandabaron, KarlKuel and 1 other like this

IRZUTYo.png

SaYxVQp.pngbWmghey.png

KDR Veteran Member / KDR Server Administrator

Spoiler

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Uhhhmm, yea, it's... nice, I guess.

*cough*

• Meraple, KarlSchlag, KaBLoS and 1 other like this

KkaQ7HY.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

karnak

karnak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

DerMax and Memag are so ready to fight.

deman_memag.jpg

• DerMax, Dr_Freeze001, Houruck and 7 others like this

cools71

cools71

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I just have the one question...How do I go about meeting my team members? The mechanics are secondary if none of us know eachother, and thus none of us turn up....do the captains get en email address list of members? Do they then PM team members?

I'm glad this didnt start on the 20/7 - I have never come across any of my teamies in the whole 3 yrs ive been playing since beta...

After 3 years I need approval to post?...hehe. I can see this is all very complicated!

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Alright, I've been working on the teams and right now there are 13 confirmed (75 participants). I've send the e-mails to the newly minted single player teams and am waiting for everyone to respond and to start talking to each other. Do keep in mind that these teams might change, and that I might remove or add members as the week goes on. 

As for the Signed up teams, I've still got no response from: DestroyerSquad, Cool Mech and Clan CBN. If they don't respond by Friday I'm afraid they're out of the league. Destroyer Squad and Cool Mech I've got no way of getting in touch with, and Clan CBN hasn't responded to my questions. Otherwise I've got every team confirmed and I'll be sending e-mails to the Singed-in team Captains soon.

I'm planning to do a large get-together/ test matches this weekend, Saturday, and I would very much appreciate everyone showing up with their respective teams. When the team leaders and their members show up I'll be giving you one opponent to play against, and I'll be present during at least one round to make sure everything goes well.

More info will be e-mailed to your team Captain.

Cheers, 

Freeze.

Edited by (KDR) Dr_Freeze001, 22 July 2015 - 06:30 AM.

• DerMax likes this

KkaQ7HY.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

cools71 asked:

"I just have the one question...How do I go about meeting my team members? The mechanics are secondary if none of us know eachother, and thus none of us turn up....do the captains get en email address list of members? Do they then PM team members?

I'm glad this didnt start on the 20/7 - I have never come across any of my teamies in the whole 3 yrs ive been playing since beta...

After 3 years I need approval to post?...hehe. I can see this is all very complicated!"

I'll edit this once the post is approved.

You're already in an e-mail thread with all of your team members. Check the original 'Priority Target | Team BonBon' e-mail. You'll find the e-mail addresses of your teammates there. Make sure to use 'reply to all' when sending e-mails.

BTW team BonBon now known as team 'Damsels in Distress' because of reasons.

KkaQ7HY.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

I'm planning to do a large get-together/ test matches this weekend, Saturday, and I would very much appreciate everyone showing up with their respective teams.

What time?

• Dr_Freeze001, Meraple and DisorderlyMechanic like this

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

What time?

To be discussed. In terms of timezones I've got everything from UTC -8 to UTC -4 (Also known as the America side), UTC+0 to UTC+2 (EU side) and a few in the UTC+9 to UTC+10 zone (aka Oceania side or Far side). 

So: -8/-4, 0/+2 and +9/+10.

If I do it at 22:00 UTC, then the American side would be 14:00 to 16:00, which is acceptable. Far side would then be 07:00 to 8:00 on a Sunday, and I'm not sure of they wanna wake up that early. If I make that Far side time 20:00, then Eu side would be 13:00 and American side anywhere from 5:00 to 9:00. If I make NA side 22:00, then EU side would be 02:00 on the night of Saturday and Sunday, and Far side would be 11:00 on a Sunday.

So I don't know how I'll arrange it yet. If I make it one meeting then someone's gotta get up or stay up in the early AM's. I'll get back to you on that one.

Edited by (KDR) Dr_Freeze001, 22 July 2015 - 09:24 AM.

KkaQ7HY.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

___Tesla___

___Tesla___

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

feeling bit lazy right now to reread the rules so: do we have to get in touch with other team to play the weekly matches or will we be assigned teams to play with ? if so where can we see what team we are being assigned to play with ?

thanks for replies.

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

feeling bit lazy right now to reread the rules so: do we have to get in touch with other team to play the weekly matches or will we be assigned teams to play with ? if so where can we see what team we are being assigned to play with ?

thanks for replies.

I'll be making a thread with the planning and I'll be e-mailing the two captains who need to play against each other. Then it's up to the captains to actually set a time and date to play each other on. Then I'll be able to get a server ready and there you go.

KkaQ7HY.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Another day, another thing to talk about.

First thing is that I've assembled a new team, team TANK!, which will be lead by CommanderMECHX. I've send the group e-mail, make sure to check your inbox regularly. If I have one more NA signup confirmation then I can assemble another 4 man team. Otherwise I'll have to borrow someone from another team. 

Next up is the meetup. After sleeping over it I've decided to do it like so: There will be 4 sessions. Two on Saturday and two on Sunday. It'll basically be us hanging out on TS, me answering any questions you might have and if two or more teams show up they'll be playing a test round. Good? Good.

Here's the schedule:

Saturday 25/7: 1st meeting at 13:00 UTC, 2nd meeting at 20:00 UTC.

Sunday 26/7: 3rd meeting at 13:00 UTC, 4th meeting at 20:00 UTC.

I think that covers about everything. Ah yea, in case you're not sure about the timezone: http://time.is/UTC

Please make sure that at least the team captain of your team shows up to at least one of the meetings so that we can discuss some points. The more members show up, of course, the better you'll know what to do.

Cheers, 

Freeze

Edited by (KDR) Dr_Freeze001, 23 July 2015 - 05:04 AM.

• DerMax, Meraple and DisorderlyMechanic like this

KkaQ7HY.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

Strike_IRISH_1

Strike_IRISH_1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Strike _IRISH_1 ready 

raum

raum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

wat is this nonsense

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

Humm, do you plan to have a unofficial official twitch streaming ? I haven't seen anything of that sort in the streaming sub-forum and I'm interested in watching top ranked player teams in that event.

:3

IRZUTYo.png

gXO9Nfd.pngmXasTsY.pngft4VqcE.png

KDR Member | Streamer | Priority Target II

Spoiler

n0cturnal

n0cturnal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

I have only recieved one e-mail for Team Tank?

2ujgwf5.png

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Humm, do you plan to have a unofficial official twitch streaming ? I haven't seen anything of that sort in the streaming sub-forum and I'm interested in watching top ranked player teams in that event.

:3

There are a few people who will participate in PT that can stream, so I'll be sure to try and get their scheduels and make posts about it. (Also Tiggs)

• MomOw likes this

KkaQ7HY.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: competitive, Europe, EU, comp, sign up

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users