• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

Get out of here. You're not an event. The fact that you're not an event and require the usage of multiple threads in order to be the non event that you are in terms of rules, invites, discussions on balance, and scheduling, is having a spam-like effect on this forum traditionally utilized for the announcement of events.

Please be considerate and post in the appropriate subforum. Not only is general discussion the place for these discussions, but it also has the activity to support the weight of these leagues.

The definition of this subforum reads: "Find out what's going on in the Hawken community!"

Of course, discussions are happening in the community, but the place for that is General Discussion.

Tiggs move this thread plz.

Edited by ticklemyiguana, 13 July 2015 - 10:16 AM.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

Dew

Dew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

I never read this forum, stick everything back in General please.

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

This is obviously an event.

• CrimsonKaim and M1lkshake like this

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

This is obviously an event.

Well, as long as we're consistent about putting non community events in the community events subforum...

Edited by ticklemyiguana, 13 July 2015 - 10:14 AM.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

non community events

Explain "non-community-events", please? 'Cause it isn't really Hawken created, right? In my udnerstanding this sounds like the community doesn't take part, what? oO

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

Explain "non-community-events", please? 'Cause it isn't really Hawken created, right? In my udnerstanding this sounds like the community doesn't take part, what? oO

There are videos that cover games. These are games that occur in Hawken, but the community at large is not invited to participate in these games. This is not a community event, even though every single game that occurs in Hawken is technically an event.

Edit:

Oh. Hey. wrong discussion entirely! 

Leagues aren't events.

Edited by ticklemyiguana, 13 July 2015 - 11:12 AM.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Are you actually being fuzzy bunnyng serious right now.

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

Are you actually being fuzzy bunnyng serious right now.

I am genuinely annoyed at this course of action. League activity is deserving of its own subforum. That doesn't mean it should be put in the wrong one, and the improper placement certainly shouldn't come from a moderator.

If they'd like to change this to General Discussion/Leagues/Community Events, then title it so - but as it currently stands, all of that is occupying the subforum for Community Events.

Perhaps I'm being pedantic and getting worked up over nothing, but fuzzy bunny, that exact attitude is exactly what put everything here in the first place.

Edited by ticklemyiguana, 13 July 2015 - 11:24 AM.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

A league is a collection of events. There, I just justified it.

We did not need another goddamn thread whining about this and making the whole enterprise seem even more petty and puerile than it already is. Puppet's OP was polite and registered a concern in a gracious manner.

This doesn't. 

• CrimsonKaim likes this

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

A league is a collection of events. There, I just justified it.

We did not need another goddamn thread whining about this and making the whole enterprise seem even more petty and puerile than it already is. Puppet's OP was polite and registered a concern in a gracious manner.

This doesn't. 

Typing a sentence is a collection of events.

There. This thread is justified.

Nope. Screw it. I'm taking a break.

Edited by ticklemyiguana, 13 July 2015 - 11:31 AM.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

I raised this question once and I raise it again, why does there need to be so many threads? Why can't there be just a few in their respective sections and when you need to update something related to the TPG or any other league event, just post into the respective thread?

If there were 10 teams and each one posted a thread in Videos & Streaming when having fought each other team, you'd have 45 threads. That's over four tens and that's horrible. Hawken's population or posting frequency doesn't warrant all the different threads when all there had to be done was an update to an existing one. It's not like you're going to hit a bump limit or anything on those threads.

If the issue is visibility for an update something that takes 140 or less characters, there's god damn Twitter for that.

• Guns_N_Rozer, Erzunterweltler, CrimsonKaim and 1 other like this

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Typing a sentence is a collection of events.

There. This thread is justified.

Nope. Screw it. I'm taking a break.

Like I said. Puerile.

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

why does there need to be so many threads?

Because the scale of the league and its discussions are too big to be in one thread.

• Nept likes this

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

Like I said. Puerile.

You're impressing no one by trying to look like a composed grown up. Some people have crossed the line by complaining about everything TPG related. Even on the forums now.

Don't get in the way. Don't.

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Wait, TPG threads got moved into the community events forum? First, +1 for that. Secondly, is that the reason why so many people are heated atm? Because of this? 

Leagues are events btw. since they are not official and created by the community so they belong in here? 

Or what? O:

Edited by FakeName, 13 July 2015 - 11:42 AM.

Onebullit

Onebullit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

OH boy,

Stand aside boys Elite is coming trough.

><(((((°> - - - - - - - - - - -  ><((°> ><((°> ><((°>

HAWKEN ---> hawken ---> hawken ---> RIP 2017

Hawken gameplay and funky fragmontages: Hawken playlist

Buy Free Mechs for 1234 $, NO SCAM, Babaji Approves

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

You're impressing no one by trying to look like a composed grown up. Some people have crossed the line by complaining about everything TPG related. Even on the forums now.

In the way of what?! Cross what line? Do you realize how fuzzing pompous you sound?

"Oh look at me, acting like this is some kind of battle" instead of words on the internet. Get over yourself. 

There's nothing to get in the way of except people on all sides acting like over-important children instead of discussing things, throwing fits and making sarcastic-ass threads that only prove one side or the other. 

Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Hey, guys. What if we had a new subforum called Competitive, which I think is good enough as a seperator to Community Events, so no one is rustling their raisins. There you can spam as much about TPG, EU comp or scrims in general.

Edited by (KDR) Kopra, 13 July 2015 - 11:47 AM.

• Dr_Freeze001, Erzunterweltler, Rainbow_Sheep and 1 other like this

Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Could word things a bit better yourself, Amid.

• Amidatelion likes this

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

Look who supports the hate on TPG:

Capture.png

Yeah, only EU players. If your point is valid, why don't other players from the rest of the regions complain? Because your complaints aren't objective. Truth is you're not getting annoyed by the presence of TPG threads in general discussion, you're just JELLY. It's really really simple cuuuuuuuh!

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Could word things a bit better yourself, Amid.

throwing fits 

Nah, I think I'm nailing my description pretty well.

This_is_stupid_john.gif

Edited by Amidatelion, 13 July 2015 - 11:56 AM.

• Nept and CraftyDus like this

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Capture.png

Yeah, only EU players. If your point is valid, why don't other players from the rest of the regions complain? Because your complaints aren't objective. Truth is you're not getting annoyed by the presence of TPG threads in general discussion, you're just JELLY. It's really really simple cuuuuuuuh!

Hate TPG threads? Not at all. You seem to be under the impression that TPG is the only league in existence. I'll have you know that the EU league is 6 days from starting, and it will be marvelous.

• PoopSlinger, Dr_Freeze001 and CounterlogicMan like this

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

Hate TPG threads? Not at all. You seem to be under the impression that TPG is the only league in existence. I'll have you know that the EU league is 6 days from starting, and it will be marvelous.

I can't wait.

• DerMax likes this

Erzunterweltler

Erzunterweltler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

the community at large is not invited to participate in these games.

Yeah, I see the community at large isn't invited to participate, but why do you want the posts to be in the "General Discussions" then, where the community at large discusses about different topics important for the general community? You can also get the necessary activity by creating another subforum the way Kopra suggested it.

• Onebullit likes this

Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Capture.png

I mean, I'm (obviously) all for EU competition, and I'm (obviously) against throwing a fit over the subforums, but this image is both hilarious and telling.

PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

I feel the Try-hard Wizard Tournament is an event.  A one day spectacle to behold.  Even though it has TPG in the title, it still belongs here. League stuff can go to its own separate page.

khn3gAi.jpg?1CitkI9t.jpgGkp2fB7.jpg

Come on Crafty, you have been officially called out on your lies. Your online reputation is at stake here, this is just like an old school street race running for pink slips. Its run what you brung and hope its enough. Put up or shut the fuzzy bunny up.

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

I honestly don't care where all the TPG/Comp threads go, as long as they're readable.

My earlier post in here was simply poking fun in a somewhat sarcastic way.

I'll have you know that the EU league is 6 days from starting, and it will be marvelous.

Hopefully better than those boring pubs.

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts

what's that?

TPG is getting it's own forum section?!

aHKd7DQ.gif

• Kindos7 and Amidatelion like this

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

I4U54qx.jpg     bQCgI0k.png   zd30MxR.png   vP7JiOe.png     uq0awfp.gif

lwY3QRd.jpg

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
It seems like the main problem isn't the move of the threads, but the illusion of TPG being considered as a main part/event of Hawken. Like having more importance/value than others.

I see good reason to post TPG threads here (too lazy to tell them now, though).

If you read a newspaper article on a public place with many people or in a local bar with some friends, what's the difference?

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

what's that?

TPG is getting it's own forum section?!

aHKd7DQ.gif

I have only just now gotten the chance to appreciate the fullness of that image and mein gott.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users