• PipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Week 7 Schedule

The Automatic Mustangs  vs.  Team Handsome     

Axe Attack   vs.  Crushinator    

The B-Team   vs.  Super Awesome Sparkle Cakes   

Team 10  vs. The Hawken Collective  

Trentik Defense Militia  vs. Violent Resolution

Please schedule these matches promptly.  Teams that haven't submitted matches dates through the TPG scheduler come Sunday, August 23rd will be facing forfeitsSaturday, August 29th is your final day to play these matchesIf you require more time, please contact me directly through Steam (OmniNept).

Please note that rosters are now locked, as per Section 3.2 of the rulesetWe will make an exception for new players joining our new team, Team 10.

New Scheduling System

Previous System and Issues

Spoiler

TPG's Scheduling Solution

One league containing two conferences (Alpha and Omega). Teams play primarily within their conference, with the occasional cross-cutting match (~2:1 ratio). An Alpha Conference team could expect 6 games against their Alpha peers, and 3 games against Omega opponents.

We'll be organizing conferences according to Admin assessments made throughout the pre-season. Alpha Conference will contain what we consider the five strongest teams, and Omega Conference will contain their weaker counterparts.  Being assigned a conference isn't a permanent event. We'll reassess assignments next season, and we reserve the right to switch teams around if our assessments are (or become) inaccurate.

Playoffs

Alpha Conference teams are guaranteed playoff positions, with regular season rankings determining their seed. This guarantee offsets the fact that teams within this division are usually playing against Hawken's top teams. Omega Conference will run its own playoffs, with its top teams moving onto the main (Alpha Conference) playoffs.

Asides from allowing easier alterations to season length, this system provides teams an opportunity to play outside their skill levels. For Omega Conference teams, that means playing against significantly stronger opponents – something which most Omega captains strongly desire. For Alpha Conference teams, that means a couple (likely) wins and opportunities to provide pointers to weaker teams.

Conferences

Alpha Conference

• The Automatic Mustangs
  • Axe Attack
  • Crushinator
  • Team Handsome
  • Super Awesome Sparkle Cakes

Omega Conference

• The B-Team
  • Team 10
  • The Hawken Collective
  • Trentik Defense Militia
  • Violent Resolution

A final few things to note.

• Our Regular season will run for 10 weeks. That's one week longer than we would've run with our previous system.
  • I've been scheduling under the assumption that we might switch to this system. It'll be an easy transition, even with the late addition of Team 10. Team 10 will face an easier schedule (only 2 cross-cutting matches) and Team Handsome will face a tougher schedule (only 2 cross-cutting matches), but I trust noone will complain about that.
  • I've spoken with every TPG Admin and Captain (with the exception of Elite) about this scheduling system. Each of them desired its implementation.
  • A number of people suggested that I secretly implement this scheduling system. They're concerned that teams and players will take their conference assignments harshly, and that inter-conference conflict will arise. I trust that the Hawken community's better than that, and I would rather not keep participants in the dark. Please don't disappoint.

Edited by Nept: Lord of the God-Kings, 25 August 2015 - 11:35 AM.

• Draigun, ThirdEyE, Merl61 and 5 others like this

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

The Automatic Mustangs  vs.  Team Handsome     

Back for more? Bring it.

• breadeffect, _incitatus and CraftyDus like this

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

dlg597

dlg597

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Excellent. I think the new match making system will be a lot better. Don't ruin this with bad sportsmanship, people. I know you guys are better than that.

• CraftyDus likes this

eth0

eth0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Whoa... guys check this out:

vR is in Omega conference. Omega is in vR. Omega is Omega conference.

conspiracy-640_s640x427.jpg

• Nept, _incitatus, DM30 and 1 other like this

Pubstomping is a whole different strategic discussion, however, and usually just becomes an exploration of the ethics of dumpstering randos.

UYoy63i.png

Why mech game make when you no mech game have you don't want to make? 

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts

KTP

Dq0bTIp.png

• breadeffect, coldform, Amidatelion and 2 others like this

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

I4U54qx.jpg     bQCgI0k.png   zd30MxR.png   vP7JiOe.png     uq0awfp.gif

lwY3QRd.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TPG, NeptIsGreat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users