Photo

Games similar to Hawken- movement mid-combat?

similar hawken gameplay

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts

I expect better from people who constantly claim they expect better from people.

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

I expect better from people who constantly claim they expect better from people.

y u stoop 2 dis level then

this thread was dead weeks ago. Really.

My claims of expecting better from people are mainly geared to people that I actually expect better from. Not sure he made the cut - and I certainly don't expect better from myself!

Edited by ticklemyiguana, 01 January 2016 - 03:15 AM.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts
Warsow.gg

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

Massive_Assailant_Stingray

Massive_Assailant_Stingray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Warsow.gg

Poooooooop game. If you're going to play dead quake spin offs play cpma or reflex.

GreyFa1con

GreyFa1con

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
Old thread,

But I've been trying out Dirty Bomb, and it's surprisingly good.

Like some bstard child of CS, TF2, and UT.

And it's by the same guys who made Wolfenstein Enemy Territory, QuakeWars Enemy Territory, and Brink.

So you'll be using engineers, medics, heavies, black guy with sticky bombs, pushing cart, setting up bombs and defusing them, while walljumping and hipfiring all over the place, because jumping around like mad doesn't affect accuracy, and AimDownSights doesn't improve it, and you really haul azz when you sprint with your knife out.
It also has CoD/Halo style passive heals for everyone.
One if the default characters they give you is a squishy medic with the fastest speed, shotguns, and a little box that gives the equivalent of unlimited extractor + repair charges in a radius.

Monetization is pretty similar to Hawken. Where starting gear is solid, but it's a bit grindy to unlock all the classes with the ideal perks and guns. With a rotation of free classes.

Also it's got a playerbase of about 100,000 daily, and 4000 concurrent.

Good times.

Oh yeah, and one of the characters is basically Deadpool.

_

Edited by GreyFalcon, 14 January 2016 - 04:02 PM.

• CoshCaust likes this

TRIBES: Developed a server mod with 40 servers, 20 clans, and competitive league play.

PLANETSIDE: Got about 30 suggested changes implemented, and 40,000 game downloads via a 1Mb mini-installer I developed.

http://hawken.heroku...user/GreyFa1con

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

I've largely enjoyed Dirty Bomb for the short time I played it, worth getting back into.  Pity it's such a grind to get new classes.  And people complain about Hawken being grindy?

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

GreyFa1con

GreyFa1con

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

I've largely enjoyed Dirty Bomb for the short time I played it, worth getting back into.  Pity it's such a grind to get new classes.  And people complain about Hawken being grindy?

That said, each class is 50,000 currency, and I got 38,000 from two days of play.

Surely most of it is starter bonus, but it's enough to get that one class you gotta have, then grind for the rest.

TRIBES: Developed a server mod with 40 servers, 20 clans, and competitive league play.

PLANETSIDE: Got about 30 suggested changes implemented, and 40,000 game downloads via a 1Mb mini-installer I developed.

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

That said, each class is 50,000 currency, and I got 38,000 from two days of play.

Surely most of it is starter bonus, but it's enough to get that one class you gotta have, then grind for the rest.

I have the couple that I really do like, but the grind is far more annoying.  Still enjoy the game.  Proxy & Arty are solid.

lNM7VnC.png

GreyFa1con

GreyFa1con

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

I have the couple that I really do like, but the grind is far more annoying.  Still enjoy the game.  Proxy & Arty are solid.

Well, Aura and Skyhammer are free.
And Arty, Rhino, and Bushwacker are on rotation.

Me I'm probably going to shell out cash tonight for Sparks and Fletcher.

Since they are basically the TF2 equivalents of demoman, and crossbow medic ( full health revives at long range, perked light med packs, and one shot kill on all but tanks if you can headshot). And both considered to be semi OP in the current meta.

Phoenix is also looking rather appetizing, considering how much Hawken has spoiled me with midgame regen and heals.

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

Well, Aura and Skyhammer are free.
And Arty, Rhino, and Bushwacker are on rotation.

Me I'm probably going to shell out cash tonight for Sparks and Fletcher.

Since they are basically the TF2 equivalents of demoman, and crossbow medic ( full health revives at long range, perked light med packs, and one shot kill on all but tanks if you can headshot). And both considered to be semi OP in the current meta.

Phoenix is also looking rather appetizing, considering how much Hawken has spoiled me with midgame regen and heals.

I haven't logged into Dirty Bomb in a a while, but I own Aura & Skyhammer (obviously), I also have Proxy and Arty.  I don't remember who else I own, but I did very enjoy Bushwhacker and Fletcher played interestingly enough for me to make him a target.

I played Phoenix when he first came out, didn't like him.  Felt a little too cheap to me, and Sparks feels like a better medic either way to me.

lNM7VnC.png

GreyFa1con

GreyFa1con

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
Figured the math on it.

I'm gonna put in $30.

And get Sparks, Fletcher, Fragger, and Nader

Then probably choose between Proxy at 30,000 out Phoenix at 50,000 later.

Fragger seems like a preferable tank over Rhino anyways. Since I don't wanna give up mobility.

Nader? For giggles and explosions.

Edited by GreyFalcon, 14 January 2016 - 07:27 PM.

n3onfx

n3onfx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

DB Proxy masterrace checking in. If anybody wants the equivalent of a Flak Scout in that game as in zoom around and shoot pellets into people's faces, with the added bonus of being able to lay proximity mines and annoy the hell out of everybody, pick her!

• CoshCaust likes this

t

t

DWEH3ZP.png   CRITICAL  RqKpxHn.png    ASSIST   VDNrFxD.png

t

t

MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

alien versus predator 2

all sort of aspects of styles like in hawken are used among the three races 

Edited by MechFighter5e3bf9, 15 February 2016 - 07:07 AM.

hestoned

hestoned

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

hahahahaha you guys are NERRRRRRRDDDDDSSSSSSSSS

• CoshCaust and OdinTheWise like this

OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

hahahahaha you guys are NERRRRRRRDDDDDSSSSSSSSS

says the guy who just got back from a smash bos. turnament 

• CoshCaust and DeeRax like this

We Can Dance If We Want To     

OTWsig2.jpg

ES3lMRu.png?1

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

DIRT 2

no, lemme think again..

• CoshCaust likes this

The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice.

lo_spaghetto

lo_spaghetto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Strike Vector.

It's so hard. Like where the hell do I even shoot to lead my target cheezus...

• coldform likes this

CitkI9t.jpg

xbIxKeE.png?1

BluetoothBoy

BluetoothBoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Not FPS, but Armored Core is pretty freakin' fast-paced.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: similar, hawken, gameplay

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users