- - - - - maps

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Crimsonfox12

Crimsonfox12

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Well, I've been playing for over a year now and as much as i love the game, the map selection is getting a little stale. Especially sense there isn't any {insert game mode here} exclusive maps. Would be cool to see something new out there. Give people  reason to play on different game modes besides free for all.

Would be cool to see something a little smaller for free for all death matches, larger for the resource collection and missile defense modes, maybe a few different city or forest maps. 

Anybody got any else ideas?

asipo

asipo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

fight at shipyard, where you can dive in water

• diablo878, fallguyalpha and bunny_fuzzy like this

Join Hawken asia Facebook group : here

Mech idea : Marauder (B-class), Raptor (A-class)

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

fight at shipyard, where you can dive in water

I would be more keen on a  shipyard you have to AVOID the water lol

• Shade__ likes this

Puck Flinging-Nade Lobbing-Troll Tech

r4GY0PF.jpg

::eoc Pred::Eoc/HC Infil::Vulcanador::Hawkins Tech::EOC Raider::

" I play on north American servers with a 200Ping to give you cry babies a chance"

2XhpJes.png

"Nothing says Good morning Like a well placed Nade"

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

A new playable area on an island would be cool... a good chunk of a harbour plus some installations, hangars, bunkers or alike.

IMHO, I'd like such an scenario in HWK not to be Earth based though. This should give freedom and room enough to the new map designers so they can overdrive their creativity and make us drol well in the future... hoping in the near future. ;)

Note: Allowing access to shallow waters like "limited" shore areas should not imply relevant code changes, for instance, from a physics stand point. However, firing, to say the least, many of the current weapons in the game would not be much realistic; I'd say nay to allow playable areas with deep water.

The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice.

TheEnderNinja

TheEnderNinja

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I've always wanted a space map or like a map on a giant space station/ship.

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

I've always wanted a space map or like a map on a giant space station/ship.

I've found the space station/ship concept to be as quite appealing as interesting here too

Note - One possibility to explore might be:

Experimenting with the gravity constant to see what happens.. For example, having standard G to influence most of the areas of the but also having one ore more playable areas with lower G, for instance, only in some "open" chunk of the space scenario. Could be pretty fun to see what happens..

Just an idea though :)

Edited by The_Silencer, 03 March 2016 - 06:58 AM.

The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice.

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts
A map set at night anyone?

pipeline.jpg

Edited by Rainbow Sheep, 03 March 2016 - 12:36 AM.

• Neraste and MomOw like this

Spoiler

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Id like to see a Crystalline cave of some sort, or a proper forest,(eco don't count), or a small area on the top of a particular skyscraper in one of the mega cites.

• Pelanthoris and Shade__ like this

"but the dead horse has been beaten so many times it's practically a pulpy mess in the barn by now."

-M1lkshake

Pelanthoris

Pelanthoris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
Tall buildings with gaping holes in them. A ruined city with ground far below the play area. Makeshift bridges between buildings. Buildings not made for mechs, but still housing something valuable worth fighting for. Corridors in buildings torn across multiple floors of offices, huge lobbies here and there. Places where only some mechs are able to fly from building to building. Something like that.

"The vectors... The vectors are all wrong!" -Bum

DeeRax

DeeRax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Post I made from an old "new map ideas" thread:

"Vertical map idea, while taking SandSpider's idea into account: How about just a straight up mine? Centerpiece would be a vertical mineshaft, with lots of skinny platforms and ramps going up and down. It should be tall enough that if you fall from the top and hit the very bottom, a B-class would be near death (Without shock coils) (Sorry A-classes; don't slip!). For cover, you can have a series of inter-connected tunnels that branch off the sides of the main chamber, that also eventually link the top and bottom (To somewhat prevent one team from just camping up top and spamming explosives). Bottom of the shaft could be a bigger, wide-open cavern sort of thing. Anyways, just imagine like a giant ant hill or termite mound, except with pipes and steel beams and stuff.

Lore-wise, the Brommens chassis (i.e. The Assault) "was originally created to excavate Illal's hazardous mines." So it only makes sense that there be an actual mine to fight in.

Oh. and for lolz, the map can simply be named "SHAFT.""

I also second a space map.

• bunny_fuzzy likes this

starfox-sig.gifrYFaSGG.gif

2XhpJes.png

"DeeRax's got what you've always wanted."

asipo

asipo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

fight in ancient ruin!!

• fallguyalpha likes this

Join Hawken asia Facebook group : here

Mech idea : Marauder (B-class), Raptor (A-class)

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

I'd like a long, relatively narrow map with two 'levels', that are basically three 'hallways'.  The one in the middle is more open, but with lots of misc. cover that is easily navigable.  The two parallel halls are tighter/more narrow, but provide many nooks and crannies for allowing rapid forward progression, but opportunities for slipping into cover.  The bases are at each end.

It would be even better if Hawken had a CTF mode.

• DeeRax likes this

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

There were a few in this thread

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

5707dfa3c46188c7588b45ca.jpg

For instance, for duels..

Edited by The_Silencer, 09 April 2016 - 01:35 AM.

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Summer bunker

• DeeRax, Pelanthoris and The_Silencer like this

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

SparkyJJC

SparkyJJC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

What I think would be cool is if they released the map that was used for the destructible environments, minus the destructible environments.

I believe Adhesive said that they did not add the map because once most of the map was destroyed, there was no real flow to it as there wasn't any cover and such. 

However a downside to this could be that seeing as the map was meant to be destroyed, its structure was designed in such a way to incorporate that (sort of how a building had multiple floors and to get to other mechs on other floor levels you had to destroy the floor. If we didn't have the destruction, the map would be difficult to maneuver maybe. 

Also I am not too well versed on game design so I am not sure how easy it would be to remove the destruction properties on everything. I'm not even sure if they have the map saved.

Just a thought!

• Pelanthoris likes this

AXgnWyr.png

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

I've been there.  There is a surprising amount of topographical variety at Meteor Crater to work with for cover... and there is the entrance to the underground bunker at the bottom.  I made a FarCry map like it once where Capture the Flag (called Steal the Sample) was played where both flags were placed in close proximity at the bottom so that scoring was incredibly fast... but brutal.

• The_Silencer likes this

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

What if there was something like this, a pit or crater, with a large building/complex in the center, with small, subterranean caverns and tunnels along the sides of the map? There could be scattered rocks and buildings for cover, possibly with the AA in the center structure. 

• The_Silencer likes this

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

Shade__

Shade__

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

A giant sea ship that's out of fuel and falling apart  ?Don't fall into the water?

,d88b.d88b,
`Y8888888Y'
`Y888Y' 
`Y

-Shade__

Flifang

Flifang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

What about a small city, that has mostly just the building roofs and the streets between them to walk? Like not Prosk height buildings. A little shorter than that. Like, maybe just barely taller than the tallest C-class visually (as I know mech class hitboxes are all shared hence why you can shoot a sabo through a scout's nose). Maybe have some buildings that vary in height with areas that benefit both the highground and the lowground. Maybe allow the areas below the roofs a ridiculous amount of secondary cover like short subway tunnels or holes punctured through structures.

Another map I imagined was an underground bunker/Hangar. That way there would be areas that are made to house mechs, while also making areas that limit movement options, but could allow good flanking.

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Ancient cave/s

ArchMech

ArchMech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

generate concept design and accompanying art otherwise nothing will come of it

don't mind me, i'm just on a crusade against humanity, by the end of my lifespan earth's population will be 8 billion+ trolls

Darktim300

Darktim300

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Just do what Warframe did and introduce both space and underwater combat for the same maps we already have. Profit...

Edited by Darktim300, 12 May 2016 - 06:20 PM.

13179417_10154132160979929_2106212794278

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

slow-mo fights?

nah..

maybe for eyecandy purposes only, if you wish...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: maps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users