• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

AMISH KOMMANDER

AMISH KOMMANDER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

One thing that sets us apart, between old and new players, is that many have been playing longer than others. How will we be recognized as Hawken continues to grow? Im not trying to be selfish and say give all of us existing Hawken players 1 Million HC. No, im just saying we should get a special camo, at least, to differentiate the old from new players. Im thinking something that has an old grungy look, or rust stains with no color scheme to show that, "hey, Ive been playing for quite a while and you can tell by my beat up, old, rusty mech camo." Its not much but it seems nice.

Edited by AMISH KOMMANDER, 27 March 2015 - 02:02 PM.

• Jakyll, Grollourdo, SandSpider2 and 3 others like this

SigmaOmega

SigmaOmega

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

I like it. I am one for not getting in game currency. I like cosemetics better.

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts
I think that anyone who is a forum member should get a skin, as well as anyone who was a part of Hawken before reloaded bought it.

jWZL3Hm.jpg

Thanks to Badtings for this awesome banner!

Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

We already got camo's, they just suck.

Who the hell thought printing words as a camo was a good idea.

• Houruck, nokari and OdinTheWise like this

AMISH KOMMANDER

AMISH KOMMANDER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

I think that anyone who is a forum member should get a skin, as well as anyone who was a part of Hawken before reloaded bought it.

see but now youre including the new players, thats not what this thread is about. its about giving to those who have been there from the beginning that still play and support the game. if you were to give a new camo to all who have a forum account then that could be the old players, and then the new players. we continued to play this game after many people gave up on it because the old devs decided they couldnt keep it up. this is for veterans only.

Edited by AMISH KOMMANDER, 27 March 2015 - 01:44 PM.

Houruck

Houruck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

I am a completionist so I usually hate exclusive content. I have purchased the Komplete edition of MK on PC even though I had the original game on Xbox 360. I also have the alpha feathered raptor skin in Primal Carnage and I loved to show it off, but I know I would be annoyed to learn about it after the offer expired. When the Vanguard Initiative came out I wanted to buy it, but they did not accept my currency back then so I missed it. 

We already have the Alpha (I only use on my Fred) and Beta camos. I do not like them too much, and a rusty camo would look really cool but I am still not a big fan of the idea (even if I qualify for it).

From the old and rusty thread.

Spoiler

• Lucier likes this

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST

United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

predators gonna predate

AMISH KOMMANDER

AMISH KOMMANDER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

ya but all that says is, "i participated in the alpha/ beta early on when the game went to fuzzy bunny." this camo is almost similar but instead of putting words on your mech you actually get a camo that applies to the idea that youve been playing for quite a while and there are no words slapped on your mech. all cosmetic that actually fits into the hawken theme.

Fantus_Longhorn

Fantus_Longhorn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

What do you mean? I Love my ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA

ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA camo.

Spoiler

Edited by Fantus_Longhorn, 27 March 2015 - 01:48 PM.

• ThirdEyE, Houruck, TheVulong and 2 others like this

AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

I made this in about 5 minutes when those camos were announced. It was such a lame half-assed job they did, I couldn't help but mock it.

dattexture_zpsef54587c.jpg

• bacon_avenger, Lucier, Lioot and 5 others like this

AMISH KOMMANDER

AMISH KOMMANDER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

I am a completionist so I usually hate exclusive content. I have purchased the Komplete edition of MK on PC even though I had the original game on Xbox 360. I also have the alpha feathered raptor skin in Primal Carnage and I loved to show it off, but I know I would be annoyed to learn about it after the offer expired. When the Vanguard Initiative came out I wanted to buy it, but they did not accept my currency back then so I missed it. 

We already have the Alpha (I only use on my Fred) and Beta camos. I do not like them too much, and a rusty camo would look really cool but I am still not a big fan of the idea (even if I qualify for it).

From the old and rusty thread.

Spoiler

its just a camo that is given to the veterans. you dont have to rush to get it, there shouldnt* be a set later on that would apply to having a 'complete set' of cosmetics. its just a camo that you have the option of whether or not to use it. i was sad when i found out i didnt get the beta camo when i came in a lil before beta. but then when i think about it it really isnt that great. like i said this camo will actually apply to the hawken theme and fit into what a mech 'should' look like in a war.

AMISH KOMMANDER

AMISH KOMMANDER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

I made this in about 5 minutes when those camos were announced. It was such a lame half-assed job they did, I couldn't help but mock it.

dattexture_zpsef54587c.jpg

my point exactly, they just threw some words on an image and slapped it on the mechs. not really impressive at all, with the rusted camo people will know that you, and your mechs, have been through many, many battles/ wars. its what distinguishes us from others.

Edited by AMISH KOMMANDER, 27 March 2015 - 01:56 PM.

AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

my point exactly, they just threw some words on an image and slapped it on the mechs. not really impressive at all, with the rusted camo people will know that you, and your mechs, have been through many, many battles/ wars. its what distinguishes us from others.

That's a nice sentiment, but in reality it doesn't convey anything so august.

What it really says is "My account existed at this particular point in time. No guarentees I've actually played a lot."

• Brawler_Yukon likes this

Brawler_Yukon

Brawler_Yukon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

How old is old, is it from the very beginning, where a lot of people who aren't around anymore wouldn't be eligible, or is it from when ADH died and it was up to people playing to keep it alive? Maybe I'm just salty because I don't think I qualify.

This is a signature, revel in its glory.

Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

I remember laughing pretty hard about that, lol.

SigmaOmega

SigmaOmega

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

How old is old, is it from the very beginning, where a lot of people who aren't around anymore wouldn't be eligible, or is it from when ADH died and it was up to people playing to keep it alive? Maybe I'm just salty because I don't think I qualify.

To make it fair. It would be any active account up till Reloaded bought it. This would include all the alpha, beta, and other players up till that point.

Brawler_Yukon

Brawler_Yukon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

To make it fair. It would be any active account up till Reloaded bought it. This would include all the alpha, beta, and other players up till that point.

Does that mean I eek out with a technicality? I joined in the interim between ADH dying and the buying of it by Reloaded.

This is a signature, revel in its glory.

SigmaOmega

SigmaOmega

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Does that mean I eek out with a technicality? I joined in the interim between ADH dying and the buying of it by Reloaded.

If you never played until reloaded bought it, then yes you are out. If you played at least in alpha, beta and played before reloaded, you would qualify

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

I been here a long time. I'm not sure about vet rewards but I would like the old rusty skin. Shrug.

*EDIT* By long time I mean before 12/12/2012. I started watching this like the last of June 2012. I actually signed up for closed beta last of October if I remember.) I just think the rusted camo skin would be nice. Vet or not. I am already missing a large number of skins I bought and repair bots and some skinned parts, etc. Yes I made a ticket. The support system is not up yet so they'll get to it when they can. I just like skins and stuff. I like anime so imagine that. :p

Edited by Nov8tr, 28 March 2015 - 09:47 PM.

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

sabrehawk90

sabrehawk90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Was thinking about a pre-reloaded camo. Interesting. Guess we should probably wait until we actually get an influx of new players first, though.

*Shrug*

2XhpJes.png

nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

^ This

We already have skins for people who were in Alpha and Closed Beta. We don't need or deserve new camos because they already exist. I would, however, love to see them replaced with better designs. IMO the word designs were a let down and they could have done something much much cooler.

• OdinTheWise likes this

hwk_sig_by_nokari-d8mkch4.png

OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

silver/chrome skin for players of a certain amount of playtime or account activation time, and a gold for even longer 

We Can Dance If We Want To     

OTWsig2.jpg

ES3lMRu.png?1

GondabBadong

GondabBadong

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

ok, this entire thread sounds like "I've been here for a long time, MAKE ME FREE SPECIAL THINGS NEW DEVS!"

sabrehawk90

sabrehawk90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

silver/chrome skin for players of a certain amount of playtime or account activation time, and a gold for even longer 

If there's gonna be anything at all, it probably shouldn't be that shiny.

2XhpJes.png

Jakyll

Jakyll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

I like the idea of a rusty camo, but don't you think that this might split the community a little bit to early?

People who just started playing Hawken this month might - will *cough* - be jealous at the so-called veterans.

Therefore I'd rather tend to this kind of "celebration stuff" which refers to the acquisition by Reloaded and could be obtainable for everyone (with MC?) in the next couple of months.

OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

If there's gonna be anything at all, it probably shouldn't be that shiny.

but i like shiny things, i covet and horde shiny things

OTWsig2.jpg

ES3lMRu.png?1

Lioot

Lioot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

How about a really nice shiny gold camo which isn't even camo and it gives off a bright light in the game so everyone can see you and that you're an awesome veteran player. Just like Odin said before

Edited by Lioot, 27 March 2015 - 05:28 PM.

• OdinTheWise likes this

AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

I like the idea of a rusty camo, but don't you think that this might split the community a little bit to early?

People who just started playing Hawken this month might - will *cough* - be jealous at the so-called veterans.

Therefore I'd rather tend to this kind of "celebration stuff" which refers to the acquisition by Reloaded and could be obtainable for everyone (with MC?) in the next couple of months.

Between Alpha/Beta camos, and the Vanguard Cupcake, we've had plenty of experience with this sort of thing already.

The impact is minimal. A few people fuzzy bunny and moan about it every month or so, but nothing actually comes of it.

Edited by AsianJoyKiller, 27 March 2015 - 05:39 PM.

deidarall

deidarall

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

I am good, I mean as a vet in the game in terms of the 12/12/12 build I am like loaded, just loaded on HC and special dragon skills that were early in the hawken life span and all sorts of stuff. 

OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

i require shiny things

OTWsig2.jpg

ES3lMRu.png?1

UncleBlitz

UncleBlitz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

medailles_zpsebaaqsy3.jpg

Houruck

Houruck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

img

Spoiler

• bacon_avenger, Grollourdo and UncleBlitz like this

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST

United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

predators gonna predate

OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

gold%20pile%20scrooge%20mcduck.jpg

• UncleBlitz likes this

OTWsig2.jpg

ES3lMRu.png?1

KilleR_OrigiNs

KilleR_OrigiNs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Redacted.

Edited by KilleR_OrigiNs, 30 April 2015 - 10:19 PM.

bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

The rusty and beat up look, eh?

I'd gladly wear it on my Fred.

Test dummy for science, Follower of Wheatons Law, usually hanging around #hawkenscrim and #spawn, occasional poster of YouTube videos and streaming.  Can also be found on twitter

cs5t805.png?2

Lioot

Lioot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

How about a bacon camo? No one expects their bacon to attack them so it'll work perfectly

• bacon_avenger and Nov8tr like this

AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

How about a bacon camo? No one expects their bacon to attack them so it'll work perfectly

Now that's just plain cruel.

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

I mean, I'm envious of those early camos/cupcake that already exist in game for those who were around... At the same time, they were there when those were available, and I understand and appreciate why the same thing is not available to me.

I would definitely like to see something for those of us that are here now, those of us that made it through the silence.

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

KilleR_OrigiNs

KilleR_OrigiNs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Redacted. 

Edited by KilleR_OrigiNs, 30 April 2015 - 10:20 PM.

bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Great, you gave away the sekret plans, now I'm going to have to kill you...  :tongue:

Test dummy for science, Follower of Wheatons Law, usually hanging around #hawkenscrim and #spawn, occasional poster of YouTube videos and streaming.  Can also be found on twitter

cs5t805.png?2

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Lol I want DAT vet rusty camo! XD didn't get alph and beta camo (joined in beta) I forgot when ... Yeah I think the vet rusty skin will be awesome. I don't think the recruits will be very jealous since you know ... Rusty ... XD when they want get thier own stuff they'll be like WOOOH I MA WORK HARD TO BE LIKE THEM RUSTY GUYS!

Groll
  • Nov8tr likes this

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: camo, rewards, veterans

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users