• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

Hey guys, it's been quite a few weeks since we discussed reaper ability  :rolleyes:

these days I thought about ideas that could be useful without being straight DPS or burst increase : 

- penetrating shots : your sabot shots pierce shields and blockade (same as charged breacher)

or

- healing debuf : your sabot shots make target unable to heal for a few (2~3) seconds (orbs, beam, internals, repair)

or

- longe range shots : drastically increase the falloff start and end.

• Arkhaun and bunny_fuzzy like this

IRZUTYo.png

gXO9Nfd.pngmXasTsY.pngft4VqcE.png

KDR Member | Streamer | Priority Target II

Spoiler

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Hey guys, it's been quite a few weeks since we discussed reaper ability

fuzzing wonder why that is?

• CrimsonKaim likes this

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

fuzzing wonder why that is?

211.jpg

• Amidatelion, KarlSchlag and JackVandal like this

IRZUTYo.png

Spoiler

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

IMO, Reaper's ability is possibly the 4th worst ability, after Damage Absorb(Bruiser), Fortified Turret(Brawler) and "Paint-a-Target-on-your-Chassis"(Amid) aka Targeting Turret(Rocketeer). It can be useful with the AM-SAR and the Hawkins-RPR, but not the Slug. 

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

IMO, Reaper's ability is possibly the 4th worst ability, after Damage Absorb(Bruiser), Fortified Turret(Brawler) and "Paint-a-Target-on-your-Chassis"(Amid) aka Targeting Turret(Rocketeer). It can be useful with the AM-SAR and the Hawkins-RPR, but not the Slug. 

Yep, that's why it should be discussed in this thread

IRZUTYo.png

Spoiler

peacecraftSLD

peacecraftSLD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Bruiser ability is actually a very good one. If you can activate it 3 times in a fight and with the right aim, a Bruiser can win almost any fight. That damage reduction ability has saved my life so many times its actually funny.

• PoopSlinger, Silverfire, Hyginos and 3 others like this

PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

How about make it fire at an increased rate of +18% and give it slight AOE damage, but it just auto fires until the mech overheats (afew seconds).  Call the ability COCAINE

• lo_spaghetto, TheButtSatisfier and The_Silencer like this

khn3gAi.jpg?1CitkI9t.jpgGkp2fB7.jpg

Come on Crafty, you have been officially called out on your lies. Your online reputation is at stake here, this is just like an old school street race running for pink slips. Its run what you brung and hope its enough. Put up or shut the fuzzy bunny up.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

How about make it fire at an increased rate of +18% and give it slight AOE damage, but it just auto fires until the mech overheats (afew seconds).  Call the ability COCAINE

Huh. Take away the AOE and I suddenly don't hate this idea.

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

Would you retain the accuracy buff?

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Would you retain the accuracy buff?

The problem with the accuracy buff is that it is negligibly useful on a good day and in this case works at thematic cross-purposes with this re-work.

PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

No accuracy buff and it needs the AOE cuz after ability it has to recover from overheating.

It doesn't get a damage buff, just more fire and explosions.  So it still can't kill a c-class from full health.

Edited by PoopSlinger, 02 May 2016 - 10:04 AM.

• CraftyDus likes this

Come on Crafty, you have been officially called out on your lies. Your online reputation is at stake here, this is just like an old school street race running for pink slips. Its run what you brung and hope its enough. Put up or shut the fuzzy bunny up.

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

Crafty is right, this is what the reaper ability should be

d36909ebf20573aff9d38ecda88e12be.jpg

• CraftyDus likes this

IRZUTYo.png

Spoiler

brackets

brackets

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Reaper ability: It gives you wings.

• Hyginos, Bergwein, CraftyDus and 1 other like this

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

reaper ability (lasts for however long it wants to last) marks enemies on friendly HUD/Radar for 10 seconds? Works even on cloaked mechs if they cloak after they get shot

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

_incitatus

_incitatus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Hey guys, it's been quite a few weeks since we discussed reaper ability  :rolleyes:

these days I thought about ideas that could be useful without being straight DPS or burst increase : 

- penetrating shots : your sabot shots pierce shields and blockade (same as charged breacher)

This would be pretty handy...

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

lol

..or.. what about  "Headless_Chicken_Overdrive" ?

On a serious note, -IIRC- one of the main problems with this mech and its S.A is that the default primary (weapon) new pilots can equip it with are not much benefited while running the ability -due to the limited weapon's range

You follow me at this one?

The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice.

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Damage absorb is way better

jWZL3Hm.jpg

Thanks to Badtings for this awesome banner!

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts
Reaper ability absorbs way more damage than bruiser

• DeeRax likes this

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

I4U54qx.jpg     bQCgI0k.png   zd30MxR.png   vP7JiOe.png     uq0awfp.gif

lwY3QRd.jpg

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

reaper ability (lasts for however long it wants to last) marks enemies on friendly HUD/Radar for 10 seconds? Works even on cloaked mechs if they cloak after they get shot

Mobile permanently active scanner? Sounds great.

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

Mobile permanently active scanner? Sounds great.

somebody caught on

uh oh

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Call it Hypershot (referencing hyper-sonic speeds) Has penetration and no falloff in addition to its accuracy boost. Useful on Sabot and on the other weapons. As for the bruiser ability, getting to essentially ignore a round of burst isn't bad (especially against a Turkey) , the hellfires are just useless in a lot of situations.

"but the dead horse has been beaten so many times it's practically a pulpy mess in the barn by now."

-M1lkshake

Arkhaun

Arkhaun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

or

- healing debuf : your sabot shots make target unable to heal for a few (2~3) seconds (orbs, beam, internals, repair)

or

- longe range shots : drastically increase the falloff start and end.

or maybe add a crippling shot that wing clips boost speed and airspeed by 50% for 1.5 secs and adds 20 dmg to next sabot shot (not sure if dmg should be before or after the shot is fired)

SORRY CAPS

170323-R9tPRfBFIQ79.jpg

Flifang

Flifang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

What about an ability that works similar to the powershot, but is toggled and lasts until you shoot the shot(s) and/or deal a set amount of damage allowed by the ability. That way it wouldn't be too bad with the high dps weapons on reaper but also allows for choices like if you wanted to only use the damage boost on your secondary. That and being able to choose your shots wisely. Just a thought I had. I also kind of liked the suggestion Poopslinger made.

PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

What about something non-weapon related at all?  

ROCKETBOOSTPLOSION

Press while in air or on ground to spend 75% of fuel to rocket thrust you 50 meters in a second.  Drastically changing your position for the Yoloest of yolodives.

• Bergwein, Arkhaun and Flifang like this

Arkhaun

Arkhaun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

ROCKETBOOSTPLOSION

Press while in air or on ground to spend 75% of fuel to rocket thrust you 50 meters in a second.  Drastically changing your position for the Yoloest of yolodives.

your face when lone wolves use it to escape assumed "pressure", and yolodivers trial and error it to death 

Oh-Boy-here-we-go-again.jpg

SORRY CAPS

170323-R9tPRfBFIQ79.jpg

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

ROCKETBOOSTPLOSION

Reaper has an 80L fuel tank. This ability could cripple it if you mess up, because an A Class with no fuel is a dead A Class. Also, it would probably work better on Zerker. 

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

I kinda like the idea of the reaper ability making the fire rate increase like 10-12% for 10 seconds or something maybe, rather than a debuff or something like that....

the ROF increase would be naturally balanced by ones understanding of the pop pop boom, some people maybe better with increased rate of fire, others....

well they just wont lol

Edited by DemitronPrime, 03 May 2016 - 06:41 PM.

Puck Flinging-Nade Lobbing-Troll Tech

r4GY0PF.jpg

::eoc Pred::Eoc/HC Infil::Vulcanador::Hawkins Tech::EOC Raider::

" I play on north American servers with a 200Ping to give you cry babies a chance"

2XhpJes.png

"Nothing says Good morning Like a well placed Nade"

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

OK FIRST OF ALL, HELLOOOO!

Second, ok I just got into the reaper because I wanted to try out some casual long range support alpha striking XD haha so yeah, My aim sucks but I always wanted to improve. I was getting good and moving arround to get better angles while hidden.

So then I went to bed and I thought: "I never used the reaper's ability, its kinda meh" And then I got an INOVATION! MUAHAHA 

I saved the idea in my head so that today I could make a lil thread for my little concept.

I went to the forums and the first thing that pop's up is this thread.... Unsure if I should create a new one or not I decided to put this here XD

Now third: The Idea!

I noticed that people really focused on the sniper aspect of the reaper and suggested punch through or whatever that snipers have. But shouldn't we focus on his "long range flanking-like alpha strike" purpose? I think all the punch though Ideas and all the damage stuff would be better suited for the Sharp shooter as the supportive fire mech.
     The reaper excels (I think cuz I just started with him and I tried out different play styles and this one goes with it the most to me) at being hidden behind the enemy lines and picking off the repairing mechs and helping the team at the confrontation to finish them off from behind (no pun intended). So a utility ability would have been a good choice.

So my simple but nice concept would be to give the reaper a temporary silencer to hide himself on the mini map for idk how long (probably 10-15 seconds would be reasonable) and MAYBE a tiny speed increase. He would be able to use the ability to move behind enemy lines quickly for a bit without being detected and/or snipe without attracting the unneeded attention. This could create a lot of synergy between the reaper's abilitys, his roles, and his weapons.

-----------------

Yep that's my idea and I REALLY hope that this idea had already been thought of or anything while I have been gone... XD

Feel free to brainstorm on our perfect ability for our awesome friend the ripper! (I really like my radar idea tho hahaha so don't flame it to the ground!!! XD lol)

Ps: I still don't know if I should put this in a new thread since its a new different little concept...

Tl;Dr: Utility ability and not a damage ability or "anything that has to do with the guns" ability

Edited by Grollourdo, 03 May 2016 - 08:06 PM.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

(ROCKETBOOSTPLOSION)

Just read this.... YES POOP SOMETHING DIFFERENT
finished readding it.... no man .... not like that  ......

lol

(\__/)

And if you dont .... 

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

Ya know, to be entirely honest a fire rate increase might be okay. One thing to consider though is that is a straight up DPS increase. It's still better than a direct dmg boost because heat generation.

• DemitronPrime likes this

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Ya know, to be entirely honest a fire rate increase might be okay. One thing to consider though is that is a straight up DPS increase. It's still better than a direct dmg boost because heat generation.

Lol I still prefer my idea XD Dps shouldnt be the reaper's function hahaha

(\__/)

And if you dont .... 

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

That was kinda my thoughts too Crock,

I mean you may have the potential to have huge damage, but if you arnt clever you overheat,

The other aspect small thing about this is the fact that no other mechs would have the same ability.. so... it would in theory create a nice devide between  reap and SS play style wise, and maybe one day the g2 versions of the SS and Reap would then be slightly more diverse

• crockrocket and Shade__ like this

r4GY0PF.jpg

" I play on north American servers with a 200Ping to give you cry babies a chance"

2XhpJes.png

Shade__

Shade__

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

It would make me play reaper more, Because i have an ability that can get stuff done, Like the almost any other mech in the game.
(yes that bad grammar was on purpose)

Edited by Shade__, 04 May 2016 - 01:42 AM.

,d88b.d88b,
`Y8888888Y'
`Y888Y' 
`Y

-Shade__

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Aaaannnnd my ideas concept has been ignored... lol hahaha

(\__/)

And if you dont .... 

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

Hey Groll, I think that you're wrong about the Reaper purpose and that what you need is just to learn how to play inflitrator  :sweat:

The reaper purpose is to soften the ennemy at mid/long range, that's why cancelling orblords / techs / armor fusors would be IMHO a good point.

IRZUTYo.png

Spoiler

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

well too be honest...

i didnt ignore it... i just thought that 10-20 secs of firing without showin on radar sounded...

well broken....

Imagine a team of stacked reapers rotating their ability to not show on radar and popping shots at you all over eco or wreakage...

you want that?

edit ::

WORSE!! imagine if a hacker decided to somehow get infinite ability and aimbot on a reaper....

sorry but personally I dont want or need that fuzzy bunny...

Edited by DemitronPrime, 04 May 2016 - 05:28 AM.

• Grollourdo likes this

r4GY0PF.jpg

2XhpJes.png

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

Wait... the Reaper has a special ability?

• brackets likes this

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

Bergwein

Bergwein

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

... a temporary silencer to hide himself on the mini map for idk how long (probably 10-15 seconds would be reasonable) and MAYBE a tiny speed increase. He would be able to use the ability to move behind enemy lines quickly for a bit without being detected and...

This is the Infiltrators ability, like, exactly this. It's called "Camouflage".

• MomOw likes this

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

This is the Infiltrators ability, like, exactly this. It's called "Camouflage".

No no no like Whithout the cloak, its only for the radar for idk how much time XD

Hey Groll, I think that you're wrong about the Reaper purpose and that what you need is just to learn how to play inflitrator  :sweat:

The reaper purpose is to soften the ennemy at mid/long range, that's why cancelling orblords / techs / armor fusors would be IMHO a good point.

Yes it is true that the reaper was made to do so, I completely agree with that, but not in the same way as the SS. The SS should be the one that support fire's from a safe distance of where the conflict is while being covered by his team mates. But the reaper is much more agile and would do the SAME but from other angles, taking more risks in support fire from behind or on the sides of the conflict trying to change spots to not get found in a direct battle 1v1 or more... 

Yeah lol I know how to play infil, but infil is more the sneak up, in the face, ton of damage in one burst mech.
I think of the reaper as the hidden long range support fire who can occasionally finnish off the one stranded health mech who is safely repairing if no other infil or pred is alpha striking

Besides, I think it would be a waste to uncover your cloaked infil's location just to finish off a little-strand-of-health-dude when a reaper on the side of the map can just finish him off for the team... infil's and preds got bigger fish to fry lol XD

well too be honest...

i didnt ignore it... i just thought that 10-20 secs of firing without showin on radar sounded...

well broken....

Imagine a team of stacked reapers rotating their ability to not show on radar and popping shots at you all over eco or wreakage...

you want that?

edit ::

WORSE!! imagine if a hacker decided to somehow get infinite ability and aimbot on a reaper....

sorry but personally I dont want or need that fuzzy bunny...

Yeah actually make that 5-7 seconds.... I think that would be much more ballanced

Edited by Grollourdo, 04 May 2016 - 08:58 PM.

(\__/)

And if you dont .... 

hellc9943

hellc9943

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Just give the sabot the same accuracy as the slug. Take away the scope, too. Don't care about ability then.

• Grollourdo likes this

Festivals end, as festivals must

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users