* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

surgat

surgat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

I like it to be inserted a chance to see the game of a certain player,as in QuakeArena, then the "Spectator Mode", so that it is possible to unmask those who use the aimbot, with the "Spectator Mode" I have the possibility to watch and record those who uses it, and send to you administrators this material and then punish these users. what do you think? i think that is a good idea.

• Titanus, Grollourdo, opicr0n and 11 others like this

opicr0n

opicr0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

in full 110% total agreement

*cant want to lift the veil of some fishy types*

Edited by opicr0n, 21 March 2015 - 01:43 AM.

• Grollourdo and Miscellaneous like this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

Spoiler

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Yeah also its cool to do this like u can queue to a server that way and wait for someone to get off or just chose to be spectator Like a live stream (of course ur silenced) and yeah also it can be used to observe more experienced players to learn (for the new players)

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

I agree! Very good idea.

• Grollourdo likes this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

Spoiler

bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

This already exists, kind of.  It's not very well developed at this time and requires the magic incantations, but it's there.

But yes, I also think that it might not be a bad idea to implement.  However, the big queston is how to keep it from being abused.

For example, it would be trivial for someone to be in teamspeak/mumble/skype, go into observer mode, and relay the enemy movements to their friends.

• MechTech0520 likes this

Test dummy for science, Follower of Wheatons Law, usually hanging around #hawkenscrim and #spawn, occasional poster of YouTube videos and streaming.  Can also be found on twitter

cs5t805.png?2

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Yeah that's true so why not like umm limit the spectators vision? Idk .... Maybe ..... I got nothing....

(\__/)

And if you dont .... 

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

Non-priority

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Why non priority? These are just suggestions for the future after all

(\__/)

And if you dont .... 

surgat

surgat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Priority or Non-priority it's however important!

certainly there is a risk of abuse, but the same is true for those who use the aimbot, they cheat and however are few, then even those who would abuse the "Spectator Mode" would still be the minority, no doubt the "Spectator Mode" would be a powerful means to unmask these crooks.I think that the human being is the best anticheat of ever.

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Priority or Non-priority it's however important!

certainly there is a risk of abuse, but the same is true for those who use the aimbot, they cheat and however are few, then even those who would abuse the "Spectator Mode" would still be the minority, no doubt the "Spectator Mode" would be a powerful means to unmask these crooks.I think that the human being is the best anticheat of ever.

That is very true

(\__/)

And if you dont .... 

Houruck

Houruck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

The game actually uses the U3 engine's default spectator command, but the reason it is not working is because how servers need a reservation now and you can not simpy connect to them from console. The spectator camera is somehow bigger than a C-class mech, it can not fit in smaller areas. And since the HUD change in Ascension the HP bars are wrong so it is better to turn it off. There is a certain way to still access it but as you can see it has very limited uses at the moment.

• DisorderlyMechanic likes this

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST

United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

predators gonna predate

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

The game actually uses the U3 engine's default spectator command, but the reason it is not working is because how servers need a reservation now and you can not simpy connect to them from console. The spectator camera is somehow bigger than a C-class mech, it can not fit in smaller areas. And since the HUD change in Ascension the HP bars are wrong so it is better to turn it off. There is a certain way to still access it but as you can see it has very limited uses at the moment.

Oooh

(\__/)

And if you dont .... 

surgat

surgat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

thanks Houruck, you were very exhaustive! so something already exist, great! it just needs to be better developed

Edited by surgat, 21 March 2015 - 03:23 AM.

bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

I've been thinking on this overnight, and while I don't have any idea on how to prevent someone from abusing an observer camera, the idea of using it to catch cheaters reminded me of another feature that was requested but not able to be implemented at the time due to technical limitations:  recording a demo

If this could be added into the client somehow, it would be a very good tool for studying how that player who smashed you did it (and hopefully pick up some new moves in the process) or to help catch cheaters be being able to see them move around in ways that the mechs are not supposed to (aim snapping, speed hacking, etc).

• MechTech0520, CraftyDus and FEF-FEFington like this

Test dummy for science, Follower of Wheatons Law, usually hanging around #hawkenscrim and #spawn, occasional poster of YouTube videos and streaming.  Can also be found on twitter

cs5t805.png?2

Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Please devs, can you make this a thing? Pretty pleeeeeeease?

At the very least, I want to see myself doing this with my Infiltrator:

tumblr_m436ipn4Ow1qih3ojo1_500.gif

Edited by Dawn_of_Ash, 05 July 2015 - 05:21 AM.

• FEF-FEFington likes this

Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Hell yes. Demos as well (if possible).

• nepacaka and CraftyDus like this

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

The thing is

What's the dark side into all this (if any..) ?

Who are the watchers and why/how are they choosen..?

Can you trust in their absolutely neutral presence/interaction during a match?

Should every streamed game footage during a match be not real time? (read fair time delay here..)

In case watchers may negatively interact anyhow during the performance of a team during a match.. Should not be estrict rules to follow for 'em to grant the fair and neutral flow of the match?

Can watchers anyhow cause negative connectivity and/or reaction time issues to players playing a match?

P.S. I have not a solid clue on how the feature works in the game, but these would be some of the second toughts I'm having on the subject. Can't see anything negative on putting these on the table.

Edited by The_Silencer, 07 July 2015 - 12:05 PM.

The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice.

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts

+1

but i want a demo-records.

Who are the watchers and why/how are they choosen..?

this is why we need demos. then you can find all you need after the match in a quiet environment

Edited by nepacaka, 06 July 2015 - 12:51 AM.

Kompotka 3000. 2D ha?ken game: https://community.pl...ve/?hl=kompotka

Interceptor, B-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...itdefence-mech/

Challenger, C-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...ccepted-thread/

G2-Brawler, C-class mech concept: https://community.pl...pacaka-is-here/

Kinetik, B-class mech concept: https://community.pl...ass-shotgunner/

Melter, A-class mech concept: https://community.pl...-class-support/

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

Probably the easiest way to catch cheaters would be to have the option to show a 10 second replay of your killers ACTUAL cockpit view.  Making recordings of that would be easy and eliminate almost all doubt.  (Sure could have used it last night to catch a bastard that was wall-hacking in a Berzerker... being able to instantly find my exact position though I was standing completely still for over 30 seconds in a strange location... over and over and over.)

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

GalaxyRadio

GalaxyRadio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

I wrote this already many times down like some others did and nothing happen with the old devs and we don't now what our new devs will or can do.

Its nothing new and i think it won't drive us anywhere to puck those themese every day&week again, because Reload needs, like they said, some months to build something new, change bigger things or make new content. Right now they make interviews to get new programmer and after that is down, they need to talk about what they can do, and what they want to do and after that maybe something will come 3-4 month after they started to actually work on this game.

So, because they know all this stuff, i was also talking with Cap Josh in Privat, we need to wait most likely until 1-4/2016 for bigger changes, until then its playing hawken like we know it now with maybe slightly changes.

Galaxy Radio

• The_Silencer likes this

System64

System64

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

+1

Spectator mode is necessary for every multiplayer game in existence because it helps to spot cheaters and rule breakers. A LOT.

d9133aa6ec.jpg

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

wait a minute..

are we talking about tournaments or about daily average games at this point?

The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice.

GalaxyRadio

GalaxyRadio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

wait a minute..

are we talking about tournaments or about daily average games at this point?

A general spectator mode for every server in every mode for every player ;)

Galaxy Radio

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

A general spectator mode for every server in every mode for every player ;)

Galaxy Radio

Narcissism(!)~(?)

:P ;)

- Sil

Katselphrime

Katselphrime

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

+1 

A fully functional spectator mode (especially the cockpit view with accurate info) is needed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users