14 replies to this topic

Pure_Amazing

Pure_Amazing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

What up all?

Before I get started with my idea, I want to make sure everyone understands the following points.

I'm not demanding my idea be implemented, its purely a random idea I came up with that I would like to share.

Even if its an idea people like I don't expect the devs to be able to implement it.

If you don't like it, fair enough, point out its flaws but don't take it too seriously. I'm not looking for an argument.

In the end DON'T take this post too seriously!

Please also, rate my idea 0 for "Its actually a good idea!" to 10 for "You belong in an insane asylum!"

So what is my idea? Well basically every Mech is given a new resource (Lets just call it "Energy" for now) that will act as fuel for usage of the repair drone (Holding "C"), when you use your repair drone, you use your energy (1 Energy Point = 1 Health Point). When you run out of energy you cannot use your repair drone. Techs and Orbs will no longer heal, but will recharge players of their Energy. The internals that heal will also only run when you have Energy and will drain your Energy. Energy capacity would also vary depending on a Mechs health capacity.

So why is this idea even a thing?

Well I kinda feel there is way too much healing in Hawken, Which has created problems like the Tech and Incin in the past (Some would argue still a problem). I feel this change could make Hawken fairly interesting.

What would need to change to make this work?

I feel using your repair drone should receive a speed increase (Both healing rate and animation speed) This could also lead to a slight increase in the average speed of the game.

I would expect there would need to be lots of health value increases across the all mechs.

Techs will also be able to see other players Energy levels, maybe players too if its not too intrusive?

Techs special ability could be able to heal for a period of time? Just to keep it balanced.

There are probably some other things I haven't taken into consideration.

Pros

Tech tanking is no more.

I think the general game play would become more interesting

You would have to be more careful about your health

Potential skill ceiling increase?

Cons

Big change, no idea how it would play out

Game would become slightly tougher for noobs.

And again there will be other stuff I haven't thought of.

So there you have it, What do you think? Feel free to share you thoughts below, be nice now!

• Nachoeslach, SparkyJJC, TheVulong and 6 others like this

Who Am I You Ask? Well... I Am...

The One...    The Only...    The Fantastic...   The Uncanny...   The Exceptional...   The Unmatched...   The Marvelous...   The Mind-Blowing...

An All Around Great Guy...

Pure_Amazing

A Critical Assist Clan Leader

Draigun

Draigun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

An interesting concept that will change gameplay, for sure. However, it would seem that relying only on one form of healing will cause—especially newer—pilots to focus too much attention on this energy. Healing is the only way to numerically increase your chances of survival; utilizing the map and taking cover does increase survivability to a certain degree, but healing is of the prime driver that statistically improves the survival rate.

In any case, I think there should be an increase to the TTK (Time-To-Kill) values. Ascension introduced a lower TTK, and many have noted that that change had significantly impacted Hawken for better or worse. The longer TTK encouraged gameplay focus and strategy, since aiming was never an important aspect pre-Ascension.

In terms of the Technician, there should be an insignificant reduction to the healing output, in alignment with a higher TTK.

All in all, it's an interesting concept that will impact gameplay. Most proposals by the community will be modified to fit the needs of the game, so there is no exception here either. It will likely require a lot of changes to account for balanced gameplay and needs to be realistic for technical reasons as well.

• Pure_Amazing likes this

TpsOr7F.png

Fstroke

Fstroke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
0 for I think its a fantastic idea.

In addition You could really rework the techs ability to something far more interesting than just a numbers boost. Perhaps its ability could actively repair kind of like it does now without green beam. Vampire mode could damage and drain the enemies energy reserve returning it to the techs reserves. The tech perhaps also uses its energy to give to teammates which could be balanced by the tech having a very large energy reserve.

Pro: reduces adbundance of available HP allowing for a less stagnating game possibly. Tech has much more interesting mechanics and contribution as a support mechs on the team.

Con: Possibly creates a more conservative play style in public random games. Perhaps makes the tech even more important than it was before.

Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts

10/10 would read it again. Give it a Nobel prize in literature! This man is legend, purely amazing!

I haven`t read jack sh*t.

• Nachoeslach, Pure_Amazing and LaurenEmily like this

CRITICAL ASSIST

United in Diversity, Divided by Zero
v9KKbH9.png
Spoiler

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

We don't need a dramatic rework of core gameplay. In fact, it would probably kill the game at this point.

Trinnexx

Trinnexx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

No support (10?)
The penalty in and of itself is the down time and having to find a safe place and time. The only benifit I can see is it makes Techs more important and maybe players will realise they need to look after em =P

HeraldRedfordIII

HeraldRedfordIII

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Sounds quite interesting and maybe internals could regenerate this energy. Seems overall it would make the game harder. Instead of implementing this for the entire game WHAT IF: This rework was implemented into a game mode instead. This game mode would probably be the Co-op bot defense as its not done all that often, it's PvE not PvP and making that harder wouldn't be all that bad(better challenge).

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

10/10 would read it again. Give it a Nobel prize in literature! This man is legend, purely amazing!

I haven`t read jack sh*t.

Y u so mean ? :/

As for the idea, i say 5.

It could work but i think there are more important things they need to do first..

Edited by LaurenEmily, 01 April 2015 - 11:25 AM.

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

Beemann

Beemann

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

We don't need a dramatic rework of core gameplay. In fact, it would probably kill the game at this point.

What is dead may never die

Seriously, the game died already. Don't you think that might be because it's fairly unappealing?

Stuff

I actually suggested this during the whole Pilot Alliance thing, and don't mind the core concept. I think it would need to be integrated with pre-existing systems so as to not have so many separate numbers to watch, but rather two or three (including health) to manage in a more detailed manner

Actually now that I think about it, this is basically just Lost Planet's system without the passive regen, so it's actually already worked elsewhere.

Edited by Beemann, 03 April 2015 - 04:55 PM.

• Pure_Amazing likes this

Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Y u so mean ? :/
As for the idea, i say 5.
It could work but i think there are more important things they need to do first..

He loves it, me being mean. It makes him all hot and ranty, and he luvs dat <3

CRITICAL ASSIST

v9KKbH9.png
Spoiler

Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts
Woops

Edited by Aregon, 04 April 2015 - 05:01 PM.

CRITICAL ASSIST

v9KKbH9.png
Spoiler

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Woops

Lol u fail.

On a more serious note: don't be mean for fun, you can make big men cry that way 

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

RespawningJesus

RespawningJesus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

I actually suggested this during the whole Pilot Alliance thing, and don't mind the core concept. I think it would need to be integrated with pre-existing systems so as to not have so many separate numbers to watch, but rather two or three (including health) to manage in a more detailed manner

Actually now that I think about it, this is basically just Lost Planet's system without the passive regen, so it's actually already worked elsewhere.

Lost Planet's MP had no passive regeneration either. Only in the campaign. But I agree that this isn't a bad idea. It would bring back that old Hawken feel, and solve the problem with all the sustain there is in the game at the moment.

Nachoeslach

Nachoeslach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Sounds like a great idea because it will give more realism and care when during the games, I like the idea.

Administrator on "Hawken en EspaƱol" (Facebook)

Derpy Hooves

Derpy Hooves

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

I rate this a 0 on a normal non screwed up system.

Simply put just no, this would turn the game into a peek-a-boo fest everyone would be afraid to move from out behind cover. Not to mention we'd see a profusion of reaper/SS/pred play because everyone would be far to scared to go out and loose this "energy".

Dances(matches to me), are only as slow or as fast as the players participating want it to be. I've been in 3 minute tdm break dancingfests and agonizingly long full 10 minute waltzs'. Sure healing is annoying, but they don't get the chance to heal if you keep the heat on.

tTIViUr.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Idea, Health

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users