Photo

Got accused of having walls after this one.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Just after I went up the pad I heard him cloak. I figured he was going to wait for me and I was right. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube....h?v=DXzRxeq3tgU

Edited by Merl61, 18 May 2017 - 03:24 AM.

jWZL3Hm.jpg

Thanks to Badtings for this awesome banner!

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

He did not cloak in this video, he did that beforehand. What you heard was him hovering and boosting to that position cloaked. While doing so, he bumped into the wall like a noob, which was particularly audible.

But you didn't hear him cloak.

Git gud.

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

He did not cloak in this video, he did that beforehand. What you heard was him hovering and boosting to that position cloaked. While doing so, he bumped into the wall like a noob, which was particularly audible.

But you didn't hear him cloak.

Git gud.

YOU didn't hear him cloak. But yes the other stuff was more audible.

Edited by Merl61, 18 May 2017 - 04:24 AM.

jWZL3Hm.jpg

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

YOU didn't hear him cloak. But yes the other stuff was more audible.

He pressed the ability button in the middle of the bridge in the bridgeroom, as seen on the radar. At that exact point, there is no corresponding sound cue, because he is too far (more than 100 meters away).

• Rainbow_Sheep and Bergwein like this

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

He pressed the ability button in the middle of the bridge in the bridgeroom, as seen on the radar. At that exact point, there is no corresponding sound cue, because he is too far (more than 100 meters away).

No point in debating it. I heard the cloak. I can hear it when I watch the video (the distinct high frequency that you hear after an ability is triggered). If you can't then I can't convince you.

jWZL3Hm.jpg

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

Merl has all the skill hacks.

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

Zavier_

Zavier_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

I'm pretty sure he went cloak before you got to the jump pad,the footsteps were audible enough to disclose his position.

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

No point in debating it. I heard the cloak. I can hear it when I watch the video (the distinct high frequency that you hear after an ability is triggered). If you can't then I can't convince you.

Can anyone else confirm?

Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts
Nept: oh god
[7:12 AM] Nept: that's whatyou two are arguing about
[7:12 AM] Nept: I just read the thread lol
[7:12 AM] DerMax: hahaha
[7:12 AM] Nept: you nerds
[7:12 AM] DerMax: nurds

Yeah.  Nurds confirmed.

• DerMax, Guns_N_Rozer, Miscellaneous and 4 others like this

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Can anyone else confirm?

The only high pitched noise I can hear around when merl goes up the jump pad is the sound effect of the jump pad itself. I can very clearly hear him boosting and bumping into a wall.

• DerMax likes this

Spoiler

Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Here is a recording. Can Merl still hear it? If so, at which moment?

http://rgho.st/7rdGlZFd5

• LaurenEmily and Bergwein like this

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts
ITT: the furious beating off of throbbing e-peens.
  • Rainbow_Sheep likes this

brackets

brackets

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Those look like walls to me. Are they yours?

wischatesjesus

wischatesjesus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

I assume most hawken players have at least a few walls. As far as I know gaming is not a popular hobby among the homeless.

• coldform and ReversusRex like this

oFFOtRH.jpg

High Tier Cabal (Noun): A group of people who used to play Hawken.  

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

ITT: the furious beating off of throbbing e-peens.

Nah, I just've gotta call Merl out on his bs.

Being the nurdest nurds, Kopra and me just tested this and did some calculations:

1. The sound cutoff distance for any ability is ~94 meters.

2. The height of the bridge thing from the jump pad is ~60 meters.

3. The radar radius for Gren is 120 meters.

4. Therefore, the distance between Merl's gren and the Infil when he pops his ability is 130 meters.

At 130 meters the ability sound cannot be heard even in theory. But wait, there's more: Merl managed to hear the ability from 130 meters away despite the fact that it coincides with the jump pad sound in the video. This means, Merl heard the ability from 130 meters away through the ambient sound and the jump pad sound. This is impossible.

Merl, just admit you're wrong.

• LaurenEmily, Kopra and Shoutaxeror like this

HOHOHOSANTA

HOHOHOSANTA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Wut? Math was involved, case closed. XD

PigQueen

PigQueen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Just use "stat sounds" command for those neat numbers.

Oink!

• DerMax, LaurenEmily and Kopra like this

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts
Nobody is winning in this arguement until you get some more peer reviwed testing done.
  • coldform, DerMax and WillyW like this

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

I4U54qx.jpg     bQCgI0k.png   zd30MxR.png   vP7JiOe.png     uq0awfp.gif

lwY3QRd.jpg

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts
Also everyone knows merl walls in pubs.

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

lwY3QRd.jpg

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Nah, I just've gotta call Merl out on his bs.

Nah, if that were the case you would have dropped this earlier on the strength of your evidence. Now you want public acknowledgement that your interpretation is more accurate than his.

Ergo, e-peen.

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Nah, if that were the case you would have dropped this earlier on the strength of your evidence. Now you want public acknowledgement that your interpretation is more accurate than his.

Ergo, e-peen.

Incorrect, I don't care about the public acknowledgment on the Hawken forums (I get that from my work). I only care about Merl's acknowledgement, but I made it public to put more pressure on him.

Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Positions taken in the video with corresponding mechs (Gren & Infil), Max's shown in the radar while I am next to the jump pad.

ztFjtCs.jpg?1

We were looking for CockpitSoundSnap, Ability, etc. type of sounds and those weren't present in the stat sounds feed.

Nhr7nvr.png

The important part is at 2 minutes 5 seconds, when Max said that he would shoot (and appear on radar), and then after 3 seconds he would pop his ability.

Yes, the lengths some can go just to prove that one didn't hear the ability sound. The ability sound is VERY distinct, but it cuts off dramatically after 92-94 meters depending on how well you want to define it. It simply does not even render after a certain distance.

Compare it to the portable scanner item, which still after over 30 000 UU (600 m?) is still apparently rendered: 

PsyAS5v.png

• DerMax, LaurenEmily, Rainbow_Sheep and 4 others like this

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Possible explanation. The sound of an ability triggering lasts a little while. I can't actually hear the beginning of it. Only the end. Maybe he entered range for the end of the ability triggering. 

jWZL3Hm.jpg

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

TLDR: Merl heard the infil.

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

Cytor

Cytor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

after doing a very yuge, thorough investigation, here is what i've got for you all:

hard to say, the in-game sound from the video is all fuzzy bunnyed up.

though from what i've heard, I did not hear anything other than the jump pad, grenades being lobbed, the infil boosting and rubbing itself against the rusted wall.

also, I agree (if it wasn't agreed upon already) that the detected radar signature on Merl's end was the same individual because of these three assumptions:

1) the individual is rushing towards his enemies, as quite possibly a fight is taking place - which can be seen by his own radar - this explains why he is seen boosting

2) the individual is seen on Merl's radar as boosting, but stops boosting as soon as he detects Merl's signature on his radar (caused by Merl boosting) - you can see the "slowdown" before the dot disappears

2a) it is at this point that the individual then decides to pursue the detected radar signature (Merl)

3) by predicting where Merl will end up coming to the bridge, the individual then attempts to hide with his ability activated, but makes the mistake of revealing his approximate location up against a wall - as indicated by the sound effect

3a) however he most likely does not know that he is fighting Merl, therefore he disregards his mistake

3b) unfortunately for him, he makes yet another mistake by remaining stationary around the same area in which the sound could be heard by very aware pilots - at the very least, a more paranoid pilot would attempt to convolute the incoming investigation by either moving an object around beforehand and/or relocating the last second

as much as i truly hate to say it, Merl, we are missing crucial information, and that information is what transpired 10 seconds before the jump pad - i say this because we could see the point of origin that you detected the infil.

here are my sources:

Spoiler

• DerMax likes this

_Andrea_

_Andrea_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Well, I think this is genuine, Infiltrator location on map as well as distortion on map with clock mode good enough to spot.

Just after I went up the pad I heard him cloak. I figured he was going to wait for me and I was right. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube....h?v=DXzRxeq3tgU

rLp95ua.jpg

I dont need to get LIFE

:pirate:  :tongue:  :rolleyes:  :yes:  :no:I am gamer so i have lots of LIVES  :pirate:  :tongue:  :rolleyes:  :yes:  :no:

YOUTUBE CHANNEl :https://www.youtube....xed8oIjVdsqQVQw

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Possible explanation. The sound of an ability triggering lasts a little while. I can't actually hear the beginning of it. Only the end. Maybe he entered range for the end of the ability triggering. 

According to our tests, the high-pitched ability sound file renders for the Infil mech only when it cloaks and uncloaks. You could not hear the cloaking technically, because the sound cue doesn't render at ~134 m, and you couldn't hear the uncloaking, because when you encountered your opponent, he was still cloaked.

Further still, Kopra reverse-engineered the audio file and found no corresponding signature.

Possible explanation: you think you heard the ability pop, but you actually didn't, because it was something else.

• Rainbow_Sheep likes this

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts
Merl walled, people died. Never forget.

lwY3QRd.jpg

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

Han shot first.

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

Shoutaxeror

Shoutaxeror

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

I have to admit that this topic is top-notch.

KkaQ7HY.png

SaYxVQp.pngWgWPdMp.png

KDR Veteran | PrT Participant

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

The e-peen in here is of very high quality.

FTFY

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users