- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

spRaven

spRaven

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Do we have Anti Cheat in new  patch or I just dreaming..

DingdongJR

DingdongJR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

It was told that the upgrade from DirectX 9 to DirectX 11 has broken some of the aimbot tools used, but that is a shortstop solution considering they will quickly adapt. As for an Anti-cheat system, they have a plan but obviously aren't going to be public with it. 

Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

No, unfortunately we don't.

We do have nice paving stones though, and I've gotta say that the gravel finish works really well with the sand.

• Rainbow_Sheep and Liederkranz like this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

Spoiler

Liederkranz

Liederkranz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

spRaven, in the meantime, if you have a rig capable of recording video the best you can do is submit a ticket to hawken.zendesk.com providing evidence of said cheating, and they're gonna sort it out. Right now it's the only tool we have.

Cybrex: Predators hunt from above.

MessyBopzz: like jesus?

Cybrex: Better than jesus

xaW8OWj.png

HWGNjmo.png  LUAERYM.png  KVKGZ2j.png  nCDGAWz.png  HWGNjmo.png

spRaven

spRaven

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

if we have Spectator mode will be better...

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

if we have Spectator mode will be better...

likely never happen.  players with multiple monitors/rigs/accounts can spy on enemies.

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

DingdongJR

DingdongJR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

likely never happen.  players with multiple monitors/rigs/accounts can spy on enemies.

That would require two separate hawken games running on two separate accounts. Unless you have a beast of a computer this is pretty much out of reach by most. In addition, all they would need to do is have it be team only during match, which already is implemented. An admin of a server can go spectate mode with a command, but it only spectates one team. Buggy, but semi-functional.  

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

tumblr_n3w33yZJHz1qfsxpyo1_500.gif

ReversusRex

ReversusRex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

That would require two separate hawken games running on two separate accounts. Unless you have a beast of a computer this is pretty much out of reach by most. In addition, all they would need to do is have it be team only during match, which already is implemented. An admin of a server can go spectate mode with a command, but it only spectates one team. Buggy, but semi-functional.

I don't think you can have multiple instances of hawken anyways.

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts

you can forget about this. anti-cheat in hawken never happens. end story.

• spRaven likes this

Kompotka 3000. 2D ha?ken game: https://community.pl...ve/?hl=kompotka

Interceptor, B-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...itdefence-mech/

Challenger, C-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...ccepted-thread/

G2-Brawler, C-class mech concept: https://community.pl...pacaka-is-here/

Kinetik, B-class mech concept: https://community.pl...ass-shotgunner/

Melter, A-class mech concept: https://community.pl...-class-support/

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

That would require two separate hawken games running on two separate accounts. Unless you have a beast of a computer this is pretty much out of reach by most.

Believe it or not, I got suspicious of a couple of coincidences of idle players being alt accounts parked to ruin balance for an easy win... so I tried this a few times prior to see if it was both possible and feasible.  To my surprise It didn't seem to have much of an impact on performance at all - I really thought it would, but it didn't.

Just joining the same server at the right time was all it took to ensure the alt account was on the other team.  Super lame.

I don't think you can have multiple instances of hawken anyways.

I think this just, finally became impossibru with the switch to required Steam login.  When it was just a formality and you could use the .exe to launch, you could run as many instances of the game as your machine could handle - which, as I said above, was surprisingly not as taxing on resources as one might think.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

DeltaBravo

DeltaBravo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

This is easily remedied with a delay on the spectator.

Draigun

Draigun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

While on the topic, vote to kick should be discussed as well - since it has a strong correlation with the topic of cheating.

Eventually, they should fine tune the vote kick system. It needs to better detect 'urgent' (known cheater) vote kicks against misc or 'prolonged' (unknown reasoning) vote kicks. For example, if the servers ends up receiving a vote to kick from multiple players in a short timeframe, it needs to take this into account. As it stands, I think the current votekick ratio is set around 90 percent of all players in the server (excluding the one being vote kicked of course).

There are too many circumstances that make vote kicking pointless right now - that being the ratio is probably set too high, and that it has no algorithm to determine the manner of being vote kicked. In some cases, half the server knows what a votekick is, the other half, not so much.

Then again, perhaps all that is needed is a larger player base - at that point the ratio could be set too low, or too high - who knows? Either way, something is amiss with the current vote to kick system, in my opinion.

Edited by Draigun, 27 June 2017 - 07:42 PM.

• Amidatelion and Shade__ like this

TpsOr7F.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users