• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Zavier_

Zavier_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Since it's pointless to use G1 mechs (other than using them to farm exp for G2 mechs)  adding  sort of a "difference" rather than an upgrade from G1 to G2, would make G1 mechs being reasonably usable again.

For 

G1 Mechs

Set all stats back to previous default ones i.e reaper-350,infil-330

Dwindle effect of all abilities, increase duration.

Reduced boost speed (as it is now)

G2 Mechs

Keeping the armor same but with 10% damage reduction.

Increase damage output by 5% from all weapons.

Increase weapon of choice. 

Enhanced ability, lowered duration.

As G1 share same base mech-cosmetics, hence I see no reason to make G1 and G2 mechs have exclusive mech-cosmetics.

Increased boost speed (as it is now)

angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

thank you for writing the post for me.   but instead of that, i was thinking

hp and speed increases..

g2's are weaker, but are faster.

g1s have more life, but are slower

Edited by angryhampster, 10 June 2017 - 01:44 PM.

• Zavier_ likes this

Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Doing this over all mechs as a flat rate would be, in general, a bad move in ensuring balance.

Do it as a Mech by Mech basis, i.e. G2 scout is faster but has less HP, G2 Brawler has more HP but an even longer dodge cooldown + even slower boost speed, etc. Not saying those should be the only stats changed on those mechs, or even that they should be the specific stats changed, just examples. 

But before all these balance changes, we need the game fixed and working properly - in regards to hitboxes and servers and such. 

• Zavier_ likes this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

Spoiler

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts

Keeping the armor same but with 10% damage reduction.

Increase damage output by 5% from all weapons.

but... your suggestion... is actually a the same direct upgrade of G1... xD

imo, G2 should be an slightly alternative mech.

for example
G1 brawler - 850 hp, 1.7 dodge, 126 L fuel, 15 m/s walk
G2 brawler - 900 hp, 1.8 dodge, 130 L fuel, 14,5 m/s walk

for a scout (numbers just for example)
G1 scout - 300 hp, little less speed, 0.8 dodge
G2 scout - 275 hp, moar speed, 0.7 dodge

G1 brawler more faster, but G2 brawler more armored, G1 scout can be more armored, G2 is all about speed. etc.
there is also can be a more strange variation, for example:

G1 bers - high boost speed, low flying speed.
G2 bers - lower boost, higher flying speed.

G1 pred - lower walking speed, higher dodge and boost speed
G2 - pred - high walking speed, lower dodge and boost

i think you got idea. G2 slould be more concentrated on their mech role (HP for brawler, speed for scout, walk for predator, etc), but sacrifice other stats for this.

and yes, cosmetics should be shared. or atleast, G2 mech should have all options which G1 have. it is not about uniques, but maybe i don't want use gold-boy camo? let me put on mech my own coloring!

also, G2 mechs should have their own "icons" with number 2 in a corner, in the score-table and above mech head in fight. I should see which mech stay in front of me. it is all about game perception. because G2 mechs are different, and player should see it. (for example, i can use black camo for brawler and standart legs, and it is impossible to see which mech in front of you, and you never see this "G2" tattoo on it body while fight, but if you press tab and see G2 icon, you will know that this is brawler with bonus HP)

Mech abilitiy in cockpit also should have number "2". even if the ability the same. just because.

Edited by nepacaka, 10 June 2017 - 05:06 PM.

• Zavier_ and Shade__ like this

Kompotka 3000. 2D ha?ken game: https://community.pl...ve/?hl=kompotka

Interceptor, B-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...itdefence-mech/

Challenger, C-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...ccepted-thread/

G2-Brawler, C-class mech concept: https://community.pl...pacaka-is-here/

Kinetik, B-class mech concept: https://community.pl...ass-shotgunner/

Melter, A-class mech concept: https://community.pl...-class-support/

Zavier_

Zavier_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

They should make in a way so that one doesn't have an edge over the another. But decreasing armor that much would not be that good idea

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

There is, literally, nothing that can be done to fix the problem of imbalance between G1 and G2 at this point... without either pissing a bunch of people off because they already spent HC or money on G2's OR segregating them out into G1 and G2 servers and even further tweaking the differences in stats between them.

Some ideas are just too bad to fix.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

There is, literally, nothing that can be done to fix the problem of imbalance between G1 and G2

1.) Remove all G2 variants, issue refunds. Some people may get mad, but just rip that band aid off. Get it done with.

2.) Instead of being a direct upgrade to G1 mechs, G2 mechs should be rebalanced (faster at expense of armor, different weapons, different ability, etc)

8) Tech in the streets, Brawler in the sheets (8

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

1.) Remove all G2 variants, issue refunds. Some people may get mad, but just rip that band aid off. Get it done with.

2.) Instead of being a direct upgrade to G1 mechs, G2 mechs should be rebalanced (faster at expense of armor, different weapons, different ability, etc)

I completely agree from OUR standpoint.  I'm a big fan of the way G2's were originally implemented - as a whole new experience that was simply based on the original mech... ones which were actually harder to play well than their G1 origin - but rewarding for the player taking the time to earn and learn them.

But, you cut off your quote of me where I said, "without pissing a bunch of people off..."  I'm in favor of pissing a bunch of people off.  But I have no hopes that the publisher/developers will ever decide to go that direction.

TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

But, you cut off your quote of me where I said, "without pissing a bunch of people off..."  I'm in favor of pissing a bunch of people off.  But I have no hopes that the publisher/developers will ever decide to go that direction.

My implied (albeit unclear) intent with that post was to say that those suggestions would be among the least likely to upset Hawken players.

I'm curious though: have we heard of anyone who would be upset if either of those suggestions were implemented? Not to say that a lack of evidence equals proof of absence, but I'd like to see the reasoning behind that kind of sentiment if it's around.

8) Tech in the streets, Brawler in the sheets (8

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

I completely agree from OUR standpoint.  I'm a big fan of the way G2's were originally implemented - as a whole new experience that was simply based on the original mech... ones which were actually harder to play well than their G1 origin - but rewarding for the player taking the time to earn and learn them.

My implied (albeit unclear) intent with that post was to say that those suggestions would be among the least likely to upset Hawken players.

I'm curious though: have we heard of anyone who would be upset if either of those suggestions were implemented? Not to say that a lack of evidence equals proof of absence, but I'd like to see the reasoning behind that kind of sentiment if it's around.

If I got a refund... I guess I wouldn't be as mad (if I were the type of person who was prone to getting mad over silly virtual fuzz in a game).  But, what I was equally as unclear about, is that I don't think there's a chance in hell that they are going to give anyone refunds of anything.  People like myself are completely missing parts, skins and even mechs (thinking of my old Cupcake)... and we aren't getting refunds for those.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users