• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

CosmicCasey59

CosmicCasey59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
The negativity I see in these forums , the games dead, I'm leaving. I'm not giving up, I really like the game even through the changes , some I hope will get better some I don't understand, but why call it quits? Should they? Then there wouldn't be anything to complain about.. now to be fair I've only been playing for about a year and have never played the PC version. But what is need needed is constructive criticism. Just a thought.
I keep coming back to play almost every night ( I need to get a life ) because I love the game. There's nights when I can't find a good match and will play against bots for awhile other nights it seems like I'm wearing a huge bullseye but I keep coming back.
Point is be constructive cuz nobody's perfect not me not you not them, don't give up because if you do then they might too.
  • peacecraftSLD, Liederkranz and WmMoneyFrmMissouri like this

HOHOHOSANTA

HOHOHOSANTA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

2 things is all I have to do to point out in your summary to make this into not even a debate, [1 year of playing], [ NOT PC player], You don't even know the struggles my boi, ya don't even know..

• dorobo, DerMax, Meraple and 9 others like this

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Yes this^

you haven't seen what it was how it progressed what was the original vision etc. So yes for you it's all fine and dandy and it's ok. Because of people like you it is what it is. They made it for you. And also there's years of constructive criticism.

• FRX23 and DieselCat like this

William_Adama

William_Adama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

console player lol, after the pc update TDM isn't much of a thing now most players play Co-OP TDM gee how did that happen lol........................ how can you get rekt by bots they suck

Edited by William_Adama, 03 July 2017 - 07:28 AM.

DingdongJR

DingdongJR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

A lot of people are upset about many aspects of this game, and quite honestly despite how spiteful they have become the majority of it is rightly deserved. Hawken had so much promise, so much potential that failed to even reach even a tiny bit of it due to how it was handled. This game can and still has that potential to be amazing, but until there is some major clarity and investment nothing is going to change. 

As it stands right now, Hawken is being handled by "Hawken entertainment" and Published by 505 Games. 505 have a very good track record of managing solid popular games including rocket league and Payday 2. They would not have taken up the reins of an IP that is currently running at a net loss in terms of profit unless they planned to invest into it. They can clearly see the potential in it as we do, and the move of the support to their handling is a good step forward in terms of community management. It is a straight upgrade in every way from Reloaded Games, and I am surprised that they kept such information so quiet. I'm sure if they had publically announced it a lot of people would have been jumping for joy.

As for "Hawken entertainment" well.. that is up for debate since no information about it is publically available as far as I know. I'm sure there are some vets around here with a lot more knowledge of the inner working but are keeping quiet about it. 

TLDR: Hawken might go back onto life support again until 505 and "Hawken entertainment" starts putting some serious investment into it, but at least it is out of Reloaded's hands. 

• DerMax, DieselCat, caduceus26 and 1 other like this

Sp3ctrr

Sp3ctrr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

I played the Reloaded version of HAWKEN for about an hour? probably less. The only reason it's still on my harddrive is for nostalgia's sake and in case by some wild miracle the game becomes enjoyable again.

tl;dr I got off the howken train a loooong time ago, there's no fun left to be had.

Welcome_To_The_Enclave.png

Spoiler

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
Everyone so quickly forgets this is a f2p game that is in the throws of resurrection. Far from perfect but the powers that be have acknowledged this. Most have been patient for years, certainly a few more months while the Devs get things sorted isn't too much to ask. Sure it sucks being so close but so far from what we want but adults suck it up and be patient; children thrash on the ground and cry. We'll make it through this guys if we don't lose our heads.
  • Shade__, DingdongJR and CosmicCasey59 like this

wmmoney.png

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

The vast majority of criticism on this board IS constructive.  People aren't really just blindly complaining - they are being very specific about what isn't right and are giving suggestions for how they think it could be better.

Sure, there's some comments that don't go much beyond "The previous PC UI was way better than this fuzz", but even that, in its own way, is providing constructive criticism by pointing out that one way is preferable to another.

Now, what do I think...

I think I still love playing the game enough to log in about 4-5 times a week, go to the server browser, see if I can find or start a Siege or Missile Assault match within 15-20 minutes and then either play a couple of hours if I find one of those two or shut it down and play something else if I don't.

I think it's a bit daft to have any expectation that a game over 4 years old can do much of anything, beyond a miracle, to build a sustainable population of regular players.  I think Hawken will probably fade into obscurity and/or demise by the end of the second quarter of 2018.  So be it if I'm a fuzzity person for saying so.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
I'm seeing a post about people not being constructive, and then it gets responses from PC players saying that console players are second class citizens. It doesn't take a PC Hawken player to know that the internet is full of narcissists...

Still, the rant/quit threads and then people just take forever to GTFO.
Leave quietly and stay gone, or come back in a few months to see if things have improved, whatever.
Skip the drama.

They just want to see if anyone cares that they're butthurt.

Edited by 6ixxer, 03 July 2017 - 02:14 PM.

• Shade__ and CosmicCasey59 like this

Shoutaxeror

Shoutaxeror

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

For those who have played a much more enjoyable version of Hawken, they just can't enjoy Hakwen right now cause it's way less enjoyable.

• DieselCat likes this

KkaQ7HY.png

SaYxVQp.pngWgWPdMp.png

KDR Veteran | PrT Participant

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

Well if they managed to post usable feedback then maybe Devs would have something to work with rather than glazing over another rant thread. The most annoying thing right now to me is not the state of the game, its the whining of the community that think they are owed something. Everyone here agreed to play alpha/beta/early access. Get involved and help make the game great again. All the time spent complaining could have been constructive, but apparently that doesn't stroke their ego as much.

EDIT: That said, I do feel bad for people where they had 32bit or some other issue from the engine upgrade... I kinda liked that Hawken could be played on potato laptops with Nepa's ini changes. One of my laptops has earlier gen i5 which only goes up to DX10.1, but I have 2 other capable machines and could buy a new one if I really wanted. Not everyone can buy a new machine or graphics card to keep up with ever increasing minimum requirements.

Edited by 6ixxer, 03 July 2017 - 07:14 PM.

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts

tdm, dm, siege, and ma credits earning should be increased at least x2. mmr should be reset at yesterday.

Kompotka 3000. 2D ha?ken game: https://community.pl...ve/?hl=kompotka

Interceptor, B-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...itdefence-mech/

Challenger, C-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...ccepted-thread/

G2-Brawler, C-class mech concept: https://community.pl...pacaka-is-here/

Kinetik, B-class mech concept: https://community.pl...ass-shotgunner/

Melter, A-class mech concept: https://community.pl...-class-support/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users