HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

ARGHH!...Forum is nearly unusable!

Forum Website Update

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Gagzila

Gagzila

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationVIC, Australia

Posted December 04 2012 - 08:42 PM

Sorry guys but what have you done to the forum! It's horrible, so many features are broken.

Please revert back to the old one ASAP and send this current version back to the test bench!

The latest issue I came across is when I tried to reply to a PM, it's like the text field has pushed the Send / More Reply Options buttons below the frame (something to do with the iFrame issues_) where they cannot be seen or accessed. I tried clicking Reply on the actual message, doesn't work. I also tried just composing a new message from scratch and the page will not load.

So currently the private message system is down for me, anyone else experiencing this_

Seriously guys, this is the second time you've made big changes to something and it's backfiring bad (from what I can see and experience so far anyway). CBE3 had some rather big changes that made some pretty big ripples in the community. What happened to the slow, careful approach with just slight tweaks_

Cheers,

Gagzila

PS...I almost couldn't even post this thread, at least I was able to grab the field resize button to drag the field bottom up and expose the post / preview buttons. Major fix needed ASAP!
Posted Image

#2 ReachH

ReachH

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted December 04 2012 - 09:10 PM

It is SUPER SLOW.

The page for creating a new topic is mis-aligned, you have to resize the input box to be able to see the start new topic/cancel buttons.

There are problems when 'liking' a post.

Sometimes it goes into weird freak out mode where a little blue window pops up whenever you go to a new page that says something about login. You click okay, and everything continues as normal.

Forums are unresponsive for a half minute every now and again (the top menu bar thing still loads, so its a server side thing).

BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD.

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on October 23 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

Development happens.

Posted Image

#3 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted December 04 2012 - 09:15 PM

http://community.playhawken.com

Shhh don't let them know i fixed it >.>

#4 Gagzila

Gagzila

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationVIC, Australia

Posted December 04 2012 - 10:23 PM

View PostNecro, on December 04 2012 - 09:15 PM, said:

http://community.playhawken.com

Shhh don't let them know i fixed it >.>

LOL, thanks Necro...it appears they have reverted back to the old one that works seamlessly. Thanks AG / ME, good luck getting the new version to work properly...you couldn't possibly revert CBE3 changes back to CBE2 (such as 3 health bar siege bases, replenishing EU trees, non-respawning deployables and the old Sharp Shooter B)) while your at it could you_ :P :ph34r:

Cheers,

Gagzila
Posted Image

#5 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted December 05 2012 - 03:30 PM

This thread says hi.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#6 Gagzila

Gagzila

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationVIC, Australia

Posted December 05 2012 - 06:57 PM

View PostElix, on December 05 2012 - 03:30 PM, said:

Thanks :rolleyes:, and you can see I posted in that thread...3 times!

http://community.pla..._20#entry110593

I did not feel that particular thread properly expressed the extent to which the forum was broken or the frustration being felt by it's members, hence this thread (and it's title expressing current feelings) which I feel together with the other main threads helped the devs to reach the conclusion that they needed to revert to the old, stable forum as the new / updated one was "almost unusable".

Cheers,

Gagzila

Edited by Gagzila, December 05 2012 - 06:57 PM.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Forum, Website, Update

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users