HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Open Beta Known Issues

Beta Patch

• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#21 GrossKopf

GrossKopf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationSouth River, NJ USA

Posted December 12 2012 - 07:27 PM

I was able to get past it. I played the training missing, then went back to the main menu where it say on Syncing for so long I Alt-Tabbed out.

Posted Image

NoSmacktards.net - An Online Gaming Community - Recruiting for Hawken!

#22 GrossKopf

GrossKopf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationSouth River, NJ USA

Posted December 12 2012 - 08:28 PM

View PostBrave_Sir_Robin, on December 12 2012 - 07:27 PM, said:

Is it just me or did anyone else have their starting mech (other than the Vanguard Cupcake) as a Berserker_ I was under the impression that all Hawken accounts would be issued Assault Mechs with the rookie internals (according to the OB Patch notes).

Not a deal-breaker, but I'm just wondering if I'm the only account that had this happen.

Yes, me too. I'm sure we've all got that.

Posted Image

NoSmacktards.net - An Online Gaming Community - Recruiting for Hawken!

#23 Scapes

Scapes

Former Community Manager

• Alpha Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted December 12 2012 - 07:33 PM

View PostBrave_Sir_Robin, on December 12 2012 - 07:27 PM, said:

Is it just me or did anyone else have their starting mech (other than the Vanguard Cupcake) as a Berserker_

View PostGrossKopf, on December 12 2012 - 08:28 PM, said:

Yes, me too. I'm sure we've all got that.

This is a new one. Please try restarting your client and see if it persists. Thanks!
"Nothing reveals humanity so well as the games it plays."

#24 Ballyogan

Ballyogan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted December 12 2012 - 08:02 PM

I'm a newbie to this kind of stuff in general but the tutorial stops at "Go to the Mech Shop" and "Click on your Assault Mech", nothing except "Exit Tutorial" clicks so I can't proceed. Did the training mission anyway, all good. Can't get into any lobby, it says all servers are unavailable or doesn't exist.

#25 zerOrder

zerOrder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted December 12 2012 - 08:05 PM

Yeah, I'm new at this game but when I got in, it started up the tutorial but there were no mechs to choose, not even the default assault that we were supposed to get.... its just a blank...spot...._  I was rather looking forward to this after finding this game and this has thoroughly brought my hopes down... please...fix.....

#26 TraumaHunter

TraumaHunter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Locationvirginia USA

Posted December 12 2012 - 08:05 PM

Can't join any servers.  I'm assuming it's server load - Why no server browser_ :(
I do not have a signature.

#27 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted December 12 2012 - 08:06 PM

View PostTraumaHunter, on December 12 2012 - 08:05 PM, said:

Can't join any servers.  I'm assuming it's server load - Why no server browser_ :(
The server browser was removed in the last round of Closed Beta to force people to test matchmaking (and to eliminate interference with testing matchmaking by people joining arbitrary servers), and it will return in a future update. This is detailed in the producer letter from Hughes.

Edit: Was in the producer letter, not the patch notes. Linked since the letter isn't in the launcher panes.

Edited by Elix, December 12 2012 - 08:08 PM.

HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#28 AudibleSilence5

AudibleSilence5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted December 12 2012 - 09:09 PM

View PostzerOrder, on December 12 2012 - 08:05 PM, said:

Yeah, I'm new at this game but when I got in, it started up the tutorial but there were no mechs to choose, not even the default assault that we were supposed to get.... its just a blank...spot...._  I was rather looking forward to this after finding this game and this has thoroughly brought my hopes down... please...fix.....

I'm getting this same problem. For me, the shop is empty. The left column where the mechs should be in the shop is blank, and the right column just has an unlock button that does nothing when clicked, each box says undefined, and the difficulty says 5 stars.

#29 Gold_Lion

Gold_Lion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted December 12 2012 - 08:14 PM

my vanguard account cupcake mech works fine but the assault just shows the towlauncher in mid air and cannot be selected ingame.  No mechs available to buy and boosters arnt available.

#30 L33TG33K

L33TG33K

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted December 12 2012 - 08:27 PM

Ok...so I can't join anygames, but thats not a huge deal as I have No visible Mech in my Garage. I have the "customize"  option working fine, but the mech that is on the 3D platform is just the guns and thrusters all fused into each other.

Anybody else with this Problem_

#31 Scapes

Scapes

Former Community Manager

• Alpha Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted December 12 2012 - 08:28 PM

We're going to restart the servers at 9:00 PM PST. Thread coming up.

#32 _Dcyple_

_Dcyple_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted December 12 2012 - 08:48 PM

View PostScapes, on December 12 2012 - 08:28 PM, said:

We're going to restart the servers at 9:00 PM PST. Thread coming up.

Thx for the updates. The rest of us that don't feel the need to vent frustrations born from ridiculous expectations really appreciate having a liaison like you. I will try again when servers are back up. See you on the field!

#33 JSunnyD

JSunnyD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted December 12 2012 - 09:19 PM

Every time I exit a game it takes an incredibly long time to sync my account, right now I think it's been going for about 15 minutes. Also, I have had some trouble joining games, it often says that it can't find any servers, even when I set it to all regions and I try joining all game types.

#34 SGRock

SGRock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted December 12 2012 - 10:04 PM

Friends list is broken.

Matchmaking returns no games available instead of a helpful message that the servers are offline for maintanence.
Occupation:  Old guy (do it long enough and you get really good at it)

Super cool jpg goes here>

#35 Scapes

Scapes

Former Community Manager

• Alpha Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted December 12 2012 - 10:04 PM

Added:
  • The XP gain granted by the Brand-New Regulator internal (in Recruit Assault and Vanguard Cupcake mechs) is bugged and will be resolved in an upcoming patch. No XP rollback will occur as a result of this patch. Note that this XP curve is NOT representative of all mechs.

#36 Lencho

Lencho

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted December 12 2012 - 10:16 PM

All right!

#37 LtMackAttack

LtMackAttack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationWandering from battlefield to battlefield

Posted December 13 2012 - 01:28 AM

Topic Title
  • Error Message: The Meteor server is unreachable
Topic Body
  • Summary: I downloaded the new OB patch and was able to edit game options and review the mechs in my garage. While I was adding friends to friend list the game crashed. When I shut down the game and launcher and tried to log back in I received this error message. "The Meteor server is unreachable" and the game crashed again. I've tried to log back in a few more times. Each time receiving the same error message. Please advise what I need to do to correct this.
  • Steps to Reproduce: Log into launcher, enter password, receive message "Logging In: Please Wait", receive message "Syncing Account: Please Wait", final message received: "Syncing Account Failed: The Meteor server is unreachable". Uninstalled Hawken program, reinstalled Hawken program, same error messages as before (last attempt until tomorrow).
  • Frequency: 7 out of 7, starting at 11:00 PM EST to 4:00 AM EST. 8:00 PM PST to 1:00 AM PST.
  • Severity: 5
  • Additional Notes: none
  • System Specs: OS-Win 7 6.1.7601 SP1 i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, RAM-10.5 GB, GPU-GeForce GTX 560 Ti, router-___, and modem-___.

Posted Image

Click on my sig to find out what the Wandering Guns are all about.

Interested in hiring me for a match then please send me a PM with the details.

CPU: intel i7-3770 @ 3.40GHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 560 Ti 1GB | RAM: 10GB DDR3  

#38 mechpilot9438

mechpilot9438

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted December 13 2012 - 02:19 AM

Will any of the played matches and not gained XP points due to instability be refunded to us in the patch _ or is all hope lost _

#39 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted December 13 2012 - 02:24 AM

View PostGangbangchang, on December 13 2012 - 02:19 AM, said:

Will any of the played matches and not gained XP points due to instability be refunded to us in the patch _ or is all hope lost _
Try logging out and back in. Oftentimes, your exp will show up then (or after a little while) if you didn't get it at the end of the match.

If you've been disconnected from a match mid-way and didn't get your exp/hawken credits, well, that's unfortunate. The game does have some troubles right now, and you're a beta tester. It comes with the territory, unfortunately.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#40 LaufenPanzer

LaufenPanzer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 04:47 AM

why is my accoundt syncing after every game., and why im loosing connection all the time when with other games my connection works well

ps: great game anyway... good job guys

Edited by LaufenPanzer, December 13 2012 - 04:47 AM.

In the part of hell where little dead kids go
I could see Igniisis dance through the deep black hole
Beating on the drum of the suicide clan
Bad kids jump in fire just as fast as they can

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beta, Patch

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users