HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Earn hawken points faster.

Game Beta Preview

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#61 vVolfgang

vVolfgang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted March 12 2013 - 07:26 PM

View PostNeverWas, on December 14 2012 - 05:13 AM, said:

take league of legends as an example, you need an average of 45 games to unlock 1 champion without spending money on boosters.

and an average game spans about 30 minutes, that's 20+ hours of game play for 1 champion. (and i'm being extremely linen with the game count)

there are currently 102 champions in the pool, excluding some stat improvements we called 'runes' which cost additional in game points.

some says the company will fail because the game is such a grind fest, today the highest live stream viewer they have is 25k, 100k if there's a tournament.

hawken being grindy _ think again.

P/s: an average point one game will get you is 120 points, +150 for one game if you have the daily bonus, one champion costs you 6300 points, go figures.

Theoretically you are correct, but in practice... who the heck is going to buy all the champions_ There are roles that fit your needs and desires lol. It's ridiculous to think someone (unless they turned pro, but still then - there are only some champs which are viable and fit the meta) would buy ALL the champions.

Dota on the other hand...

For he who fights and runs away, may live to fight another day; but he who is in battle slain, can never rise and fight again.

- Oliver Goldsmith

#62 Taw_Archangel

Taw_Archangel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted March 12 2013 - 10:12 PM

So, if you want to get some cool items and what not, you could pay some money, get yourself a shiny new toy or two and play around with that. But honestly I think because you are set with the strongest starting mech anyway, it gives you time to see the game, and experience it before you buy a new mech.
I am known as a few names. Sicarius_X, PilotError, and Archangel. Also, C-class master race ;)
Posted Image

#63 The_Eldritch_Abomination

The_Eldritch_Abomination

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationDATA REDACTED

Posted March 12 2013 - 10:21 PM

Guys, the nature of this game is competitive.People who play it often will benefit more, while those who perhaps play it only once or twice a week will obviously progress at a much slower rate.

Plus, what Good Guy Elix said.
< TEXT-FIELD >

#64 x2011

x2011

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationMalvern, Worcester

Posted April 28 2013 - 11:47 AM

I think it is alright,but I randomly got 400 mc, and i'm not sure why, i mean it was awesome, but i dont know why it happened

#65 Xman

Xman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted April 28 2013 - 11:47 AM

View Postx2011, on April 28 2013 - 11:47 AM, said:

I think it is alright,but I randomly got 400 mc, and i'm not sure why, i mean it was awesome, but i dont know why it happened
achievement for playing HAWKEN for an hour.

o. o

#66 TexArmageddon

TexArmageddon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted April 28 2013 - 10:11 PM

If only I could take people through the game I called Aion when it first released.... You want to know grind.... that was a grind! Jesus christ people are going to complain until everything is free.... Either pay $60 or Shut up and deal with it. The CR-T Recruit is no Push over mech... High health pool... great damage...

#67 Teljaxx

Teljaxx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts
  • LocationIn the thick of 8;;8

Posted April 29 2013 - 03:58 AM

View PostTexArmageddon, on April 28 2013 - 10:11 PM, said:

If only I could take people through the game I called Aion when it first released.... You want to know grind.... that was a grind! Jesus christ people are going to complain until everything is free.... Either pay $60 or Shut up and deal with it. The CR-T Recruit is no Push over mech... High health pool... great damage...

Anyone that claims that Hawken has a bad grind to earn HC or XP most likely has never played an NCsoft game. Aion, Lineage 2, and Exteel required weeks, if not months to earn enough for not even top-tier items.

I think Hawken has a really nice earning rate. You can earn a decent amount from matches, the new Achievements give new players a quick boost to their HC, and all the promo codes are nice if you know about them.
Always on the move / My trigger finger itches / If it moves, shoot it!  Posted Image8;;8

#68 dEd101

dEd101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted April 29 2013 - 05:29 AM

View PostTeljaxx, on April 29 2013 - 03:58 AM, said:

View PostTexArmageddon, on April 28 2013 - 10:11 PM, said:

Anyone that claims that Hawken has a bad grind to earn HC or XP most likely has never played an NCsoft game. Aion, Lineage 2, and Exteel required weeks, if not months to earn enough for not even top-tier items.

I think Hawken has a really nice earning rate. You can earn a decent amount from matches, the new Achievements give new players a quick boost to their HC, and all the promo codes are nice if you know about them.

Not to mention lots of free giveaways from the devs in the form of hawken credits.
General tips and tricks: https://community.pl...-tricks-thread/
Wolfyftw videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wolfyFTW (click on the 'Mindgamer' episodes)
Promo Codes (free money): https://community.pl...90-promo-codes/
Stats (all credit to AsianJoyKiller and the other contributors): https://docs.google....lrQjM5Tmc#gid=0 (don't forget to scroll right)

#69 Insipidi

Insipidi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted April 29 2013 - 08:35 AM

I'm pretty happy with the gain rate, but I do think it does need a small boost. Even being say, 15% faster would appease my lust for shiny non-material goods.

Man, that's some good capitalism.
Warning: Content posted above may contain less than 10% fact, greater than 50% nonsense, and trace amounts of radiation.

#70 SKR074

SKR074

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationBehind sharkmaster997 waiting for him to move a step to the right.

Posted May 03 2013 - 07:35 PM

Oi, if you are going to conplain about credits, work at it. Where not all as good as 1600-1900 players and we should start playing and trying. If you are going to complain, complain about the rateing system.

Still a newbie XD still trying to fix the system [-]DO IT NOW![-]

Wait-what happend to my account pic...

Edited by SKR074, May 03 2013 - 07:36 PM.

Posted Image

#71 AznCracker

AznCracker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationWarren, MI - USA

Posted May 23 2013 - 01:04 PM

i think the earning rate should be doubled when the game is out of beta. Earning rate is sooo slow. Even when im top scorer i get 100-150 credits.

It doesn't effect me because i have meteor credits, but i just feel bad for those who dont pay.

Edited by AznCracker, May 23 2013 - 01:05 PM.

#72 Noob_Artist

Noob_Artist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationBedroom.

Posted August 29 2013 - 12:47 PM

I played for half an hour and got 2500 of those blue ones. Had recieved an email for double points, I think. Played 2 matches. One lost, one win. Average rankings.
Point of my experience, if one can buy 'every' stuff with just those blue ones and not 'm' ones, be happy. ;)
Real point, I think I'm an awesome lucky noob!! :lol:

Edit: Now me too get only 100 credits with last rank..............

Edited by Noob_Artist, August 30 2013 - 04:37 AM.

#73 Phaaze

Phaaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Location123 Mulburry St. Whoville Ontario Canada

Posted August 29 2013 - 01:05 PM

Posted Image

#74 x_HandOfGod_x

x_HandOfGod_x

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted August 30 2013 - 11:07 AM

View PostElix, on December 14 2012 - 04:14 AM, said:

Remember, folks. The free to play model asks you to give it one of two things to progress (not win, progress): time or money. Don't want to pay for your mechs, exp, and gear_ Earn it by playing the game. It's play for free, pay for efficiency.

Note that "pay to win" isn't in there; nothing game-affecting requires you to spend Meteor Credits. Countermeasures are a slightly different case, but that's a ten-page thread in its own right. Use the search function to find any one of the numerous threads about that if you want to get into that conversation. Let's not derail this one with a hijack into talking about cm. This is about Hawken Credit accumulation rates.

Just want to add the right term probably is: Pay 2 Skip.

#75 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted September 23 2013 - 07:13 PM

View Postx_HandOfGod_x, on August 30 2013 - 11:07 AM, said:

View PostElix, on December 14 2012 - 04:14 AM, said:

Remember, folks. The free to play model asks you to give it one of two things to progress (not win, progress): time or money. Don't want to pay for your mechs, exp, and gear_ Earn it by playing the game. It's play for free, pay for efficiency.

Note that "pay to win" isn't in there; nothing game-affecting requires you to spend Meteor Credits. Countermeasures are a slightly different case, but that's a ten-page thread in its own right. Use the search function to find any one of the numerous threads about that if you want to get into that conversation. Let's not derail this one with a hijack into talking about cm. This is about Hawken Credit accumulation rates.

Just want to add the right term probably is: Pay 2 Skip.

The most succinct I've heard it phrased here on the Hawken forums is "Pay 2 Not Grind".
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#76 TheZBlade

TheZBlade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 01 2013 - 08:57 AM

Its not hard at all... It took 2 matchs to get 2463 Credits for me, that was my first two matchs, I unlocked the Rocketeer and Vangaurd, just use strategy while in a fight to take out the enemy instead of just getting an assist, Try not to die

#77 SilencedEcho

SilencedEcho

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 24 2014 - 12:24 AM

I did play a while now, about 8 hours or more, I'm getting pretty good with the light classes, anyway 8 hours. In that time I collect 15k HC. Bought a Predator and a bunch of items for it. In any case, if you want to earn a bunch of HC play Missile Assault or either Siege, they give you over 500 HC per match, sometimes a 1000.
P.S.
Predator is hard to control, unless you are skilled, do not buy it.

#78 DarthGroovy

DarthGroovy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted March 24 2014 - 12:06 PM

I feel the HC reward schedule in relation to mech level unlocking weapons, internals, items, etc... needs a little tweaking.

There is a lot to think about and balance; I don't want to bankrupt anyone with unrealistic demands. However, after thinking about it, it seems that things cost too much for their perceived value and it leaves a feeling of "Grinding" with me to complete a number of matches to acquire it.

I would like the game to be more about playing matches then making (grinding) HC for my mech to be competitive.

Don't mind spending money, but the perceived value has to be there.

#79 XyXly

XyXly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted March 24 2014 - 12:21 PM

View PostNecro, on December 13 2012 - 05:14 PM, said:

Just for your information and so you can expand on how long/short you think things should be done it seems 7-10 hours of game time will buy you.

2 items.

or

1 mech.

How long do you feel it should take.

doesn't make sense how 1 weapon sometimes costs as much as 2 mechs

#80 firelegs101

firelegs101

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted April 11 2014 - 10:36 AM

i think hawken point are fine. but the meteor credits seem a little overrated. they are used to custumize your mech. its not like they are important. i think if mc are going to be used for little things i think they shouldnt have to be bought.
having two types of currency is like stealing your money. who is going to pay for something so little

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Game, Beta, Preview

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users