HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Map Suggestions:

Art Community Game Forum Project Review

• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

#81 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted March 10 2013 - 09:08 AM

View Posterathic, on March 09 2013 - 05:45 AM, said:

I did not played it enough to see/feel any flaws, for now it feels very very cool to play.
However i would suggest it to be "decorated/themed" with something different than what we already have now (desert/urban)
instead a artic/snowy layout would be very refreshing example inspiration :

Posted Image
Winter Setting by Dominus

Also some map feedback like snowstorms wich temporary affect open ground visibility, slipping iced puddle, would be over the top !

I'd love to see one map like this in Hawken, indeed! ;)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#82 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted March 14 2013 - 05:43 PM

Does any one have any idea:

How many players a Hawken server can hold with out a physics bog down of the said server_

#83 Fluffy_Kittens

Fluffy_Kittens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted March 14 2013 - 06:00 PM

well i have always thought larger maps, i mean big! would be fun, but have somewhere in the neighbourhood of 6+ different layouts for the same map.
if a capture the flag scenario was then placed on the map, why not have the same map used  but different locations of objectives.  it would then create a very different dynamic for the map.
currently in hawken the maps and mechanics are very brawly, (all short and point blank engagements  so i dont see the real point of  this option, with everything being short ranged, there is no tactical movement and positioning.  but if there was, then a multi purpose map would be good, as it would give some longevity too the overall gameplay.
as FPS games traditionally loose their flavor when players play the same maps over and over again, and once you figure out the dynamics of a few maps, it can get old very fast.

#84 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted March 16 2013 - 10:49 PM

CTF would make for an awesome map.

#85 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted March 20 2013 - 03:38 PM

A DMZ map...
Bases on either end {like in Siege}
Posted Image
An extended battlefield with more players on a battlefield strewn with husks and burnt out shells of mechs and buildings alike.
But with an underground layer. Think subway tunnels and sewage corridors.

Oh the gameplay...

#86 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted April 02 2013 - 10:45 PM

Has anyone heard of any upcoming maps_

#87 Packmang

Packmang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted April 03 2013 - 12:19 AM

Giant oil rig maybe_  How about an aerial map, with two giant sized battleships/carriers duking it out side by side and jump pads to go between_  I do like the arctic mountain type ideas too.
"If you don't want me to eat you, say something........................................ok."

#88 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted April 03 2013 - 11:54 PM

View PostPackmang, on April 03 2013 - 12:19 AM, said:

Giant oil rig maybe_  How about an aerial map, with two giant sized battleships/carriers duking it out side by side and jump pads to go between_  I do like the arctic mountain type ideas too.
Love those ideas! But alas...my favorite submission though is the jungle...

#89 Bratwurst

Bratwurst

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • LocationHamster powered mech.

Posted April 03 2013 - 11:56 PM

Jungle combat would be fun, and maybe a volcanic map would be nice too, and moon base would be nice for siege.
Posted Image

#90 Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted April 04 2013 - 05:02 AM

Here is my map suggestion: A Farewell to Horizontal.

A battlefield with vertically placed objectives.
Perhaps some of the key vertical topography could be based upon the towers of Hanoi puzzle.
Some levels of the towers might even rotate.

Fight you way to the top  while keeping your enemy down. Die and re-spawn at the bottom.
Around the periphery of the battlefield are quick paths to higher elevation gunning platforms than the objectives. The peripheral platforms are too isolated to reach an objective from.

Jump, Climb, Fight, but what ever you do, do not die or the enemy will be ahead of and above you.

Edited by Junkyard_Dog, April 04 2013 - 05:13 AM.

#91 N3V3Rmore

N3V3Rmore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationBG

Posted April 04 2013 - 08:58 AM

1. A map located on a satelite base in space around the planet - giving opportunities for gravity tricks here and there,thus - differentiation.Also serving a beautiful view of illal from high in the sky.

2. Underground tunnels made by the corporations and then left behind since the crion incident.Dark and quiet with lots of things to be aware of.Maybe a flashlite should be added to the mechs for this one,but if you turn it on you give away your position...your choice :)
CRT MONITOR

#92 RennZero

RennZero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted April 04 2013 - 09:32 AM

View Postwingding, on January 12 2013 - 12:05 PM, said:

how will these mechs perform under water_ you'd need to design new underwater mechs. dumb sguggestion. your other suggestions amount to "can we have an vast open environment" which i agree with. there are no maps that accomodate long range combat. just a bunch of strafe spamming nonsense around city blocks.

Why couldn't the existing mechs work underwater_ Just change the rocket flares to bubbles and you're all set! Dumb critique.

Also it sounds like you've never played on Bazaar or the Facility test map.

#93 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted April 04 2013 - 09:00 PM

View PostN3V3Rmore, on April 04 2013 - 08:58 AM, said:

1. A map located on a satelite base in space around the planet - giving opportunities for gravity tricks here and there,thus - differentiation.Also serving a beautiful view of illal from high in the sky.

2. Underground tunnels made by the corporations and then left behind since the crion incident.Dark and quiet with lots of things to be aware of.Maybe a flashlite should be added to the mechs for this one,but if you turn it on you give away your position...your choice :)
Love the idea of "headlights" for lighting up dark corners and such.

View PostJunkyard_Dog, on April 04 2013 - 05:02 AM, said:

Here is my map suggestion: A Farewell to Horizontal.

A battlefield with vertically placed objectives.
Perhaps some of the key vertical topography could be based upon the towers of Hanoi puzzle.
Some levels of the towers might even rotate.

Fight you way to the top  while keeping your enemy down. Die and re-spawn at the bottom.
Around the periphery of the battlefield are quick paths to higher elevation gunning platforms than the objectives. The peripheral platforms are too isolated to reach an objective from.

Jump, Climb, Fight, but what ever you do, do not die or the enemy will be ahead of and above you.
Great idea Junkyard!
A vertical challenge is an excellent idea.
We finally agree on something.

Edited by Spliff_Craven, April 04 2013 - 09:02 PM.

#94 Packmang

Packmang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted April 19 2013 - 08:15 AM

Moon base _  :o  ...... Moon base.  >:)
"If you don't want me to eat you, say something........................................ok."

#95 tman7919

tman7919

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
  • LocationIn the garage with my Bruiser

Posted April 19 2013 - 08:16 AM

Ashihan Forest...
Bruiser or Bust! (Why do I have a raider in this picture_)
Posted Image
My Youtube With Hawken Videos   Hawken Fan-fiction

#96 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted April 19 2013 - 07:32 PM

View Posttman7919, on April 19 2013 - 08:16 AM, said:

Ashihan Forest...
Got a pic of it_

#97 tman7919

tman7919

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
  • LocationIn the garage with my Bruiser

Posted April 19 2013 - 08:54 PM

View PostSpliff_Craven, on April 19 2013 - 07:32 PM, said:

Ashihan Forest...
Got a pic of it_
That would involve taking a pic with my phone and uploading it to the forums. I'm too lazy.
Bruiser or Bust! (Why do I have a raider in this picture_)
Posted Image
My Youtube With Hawken Videos   Hawken Fan-fiction

#98 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted April 20 2013 - 05:44 PM

View Posttman7919, on April 19 2013 - 08:54 PM, said:

View PostSpliff_Craven, on April 19 2013 - 07:32 PM, said:

Ashihan Forest...
Got a pic of it_
That would involve taking a pic with my phone and uploading it to the forums. I'm too lazy.
Don't tease then. I think it would be a great idea.

#99 Bombdig

Bombdig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted April 20 2013 - 08:55 PM

I think there are some good ideas here. I've been doodling a few concepts that I eventually plan to shade and color before sharing. I have trouble rationalizing any planet earth based maps or moon bases. Maybe they can work it into the story but according to the comic, Illal is a quarantined planet by the UTA (United Terran Authority) due to the Hawken virus.

We've visited both MPC sides (Multi-Planetary Corporations). I think it would be fun to see more of the scrapland and Praxis Valley's giga-structure.

I love the idea of a Mega-carrier (those floating gigantic ships in the background of Prosk). They're labelled as a mini-city for deploying battleship squadrons. I'm sure there's room on top, inside, or in the crashes ruins of said ships.

Kobalt - "The smallest of the three megacities on Illal. Scarcely populated and more industrial. Home to Crion Solutions HQ." I'd love an industrial map. Perhaps something with multiple loader stations abandoned worth confiscating.

For snow, they can add that to pretty much any map, but a mountainous map and some plant life would be a nice distraction.

I'll try and draw my other ideas before describing them.

Edited by Bombdig, April 20 2013 - 08:56 PM.

#100 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted April 23 2013 - 12:09 PM

how about a Prison_Posted ImagePosted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Art, Community, Game, Forum, Project, Review

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users