HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Open Beta Patch Notes: 02/12/13

Patch News Game

• Please log in to reply
255 replies to this topic

#1 Scapes

Scapes

Former Community Manager

• Alpha Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted February 08 2013 - 05:45 PM

Posted Image

OPEN BETA PATCH NOTES: 02/12/13

Overview

Coming February 12, this patch introduces new weapon balance changes, adds some hotly-desired interface improvements, and squashes lots of frustrating bugs. Also, isn't there a holiday coming next week_ Stay tuned!

Hearts of Fire
  • In celebration of Valentine's Day and the Chinese New Year, we're introducing two sets of holiday camouflages and a holiday thruster! These customizations are permanent when purchased; they are not rentals and will not expire. The camos will be available as our first "universal" customization meaning that purchasing them will allow them to be equipped on any mech you own or will own in the future.
    • NEW Limited-Edition Camouflage: LESSTHAN-3
    • NEW Limited-Edition Camouflage: AU-REVOIR
    • NEW Limited-Edition Camouflage: LUCK-DGN
    • NEW Limited-Edition Camouflage: DGN-SCALE
    • NEW Limited-Edition Thruster: DGN-BREATH
  • Learn more about the Hearts of Fire promotion!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Matchmaking
  • We're introducing the latest changes to Matchmaking in HAWKEN with this patch. The goal is to rate pilots based on their skill so that all players experience fair fights with some variation in team skill composition. These changes are the next step towards achieving that goal, and we thank you in advance for being our live test subjects.
    • All players will be having their skill ratings reset. The purpose of this is to collect new, unadultered data on how the Matchmaking changes are performing. This does mean that your first match after this patch hits will be with pilots of a wide range of skill levels. Matchmaking will quickly "learn" more about you from this match and you should find yourself fighting pilots closer to your skill level within an hour's worth of matches.
    • Player ranking earned per match and game mode will be changing as of this patch. Ranking from Siege and Missile Assault matches was originally based on wins and losses while Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch was based on the pilot's kills-to-deaths ratio. Rankings in all game modes will now be based on your XP earned per minute. Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch will also factor in deaths unlike Siege and Missile Assault.
    • Rankings originally only vested if pilots stayed in 75% of the entire match. Rankings will now vest if a much smaller fraction of the total match is played.
Weapons
  • Hellfire Missiles
    • Adjusted to be slightly more effective at closer ranges.
      • Damage per projectile was increased slightly.
      • Projectiles start homing to targets sooner.
      • Homing strength was increased.
      • Time to lose target lock-on was increased.
  • Mini-Flak Cannon
    • Adjusted for more sustained close-range damage rather than burst damage.
      • Increased rate of fire slightly.
      • Reduced damage and heat generation per shot to compensate for the change in fire rate.
  • KE-Sabot
    • Updated art asset.
  • Upgrades
    • Weapon upgrades were not always being applied for some weapons. The following should now perform as their tooltips imply.
      • EOC Repeater: Level 1
      • Slug Rifle: Level 1
      • Submachine Cannon: Level 1
      • Hawkins-RPR: Level 2
      • Assault Rifle: Level 3
      • KE-Sabot: Level 3
      • Rev-GL: Level 3
      • Sabot Rifle: Level 3
      • Seeker: Level 3
Gameplay
  • Game Mode Unlock
    • New players start with Team Deathmatch unlocked. Additional game modes can be unlocked by playing matches of any combination of available game modes. New players can still join their friends on a mode they haven't unlocked yet.
      • Play three matches to unlock Missile Assault.
      • Play five or more matches to unlock Siege.
      • Play five or more matches to unlock Deathmatch.
      • Note: Current players who have already fulfilled the requirements should be unaffected.
  • Maximum Turn Rate
    • The decreased maximum turn rate has been fixed. There used to be an unintended mechanism with turning where moving the crosshairs from the center of the cockpit to the edge of the cockpit capped at a higher speed then the actual turn rate cap. This was considered an unnecessary inconsistency and was removed.
      • Basically, once your cockpit started actually turning with you, you were capped at the intended turn speed, but for a short time before that the reticle could move faster. The difference in speed was about 10% faster from the center point to the point where your mech starts to spin, then it would actually slow to the intended turn rate. This probably caused an impression of negative mouse acceleration since the reticle would slow down when you got to the edge of the cockpit. The removal of that change in speed means that players should expeience an even turn rate cap at all times.
  • Siege Mode
    • Added turrets inside team bases to prevent players from camping inside an opponent's base.
  • Reticle
    • Reticle improved to be more accurate. As a result, the optional setting for Accurate Reticle (Experimental) has been removed.
Interface
  • Kills and Deaths
    • Improved kill and death messages in the mech HUD.
  • Kill Cam (Alpha)
    • Upon death, your camera will now follow the player who killed you for a few seconds.
    • This has been implemented early in the development cycle, so it's still very much a work in progress.
  • Menu Usability
    • Your mech list can now be reorganized using the arrow buttons or drag-and-drop on the YOUR MECHS tab.
    • New ribbons denote NEW, POPULAR, and LIMITED items.
    • You can now view the submenus in the EQUIPPED tab before they're unlocked. Individual items within the submenus show locked statuses.
    • You can now use left and right arrow keys to navigate between MECH SHOP and YOUR MECHS tabs.
    • HAWKEN Credit and Meteor Credit icons added to MECH SHOP tab.
    • Removed ping column from "Ready Up" screen.
    • Changed "Dash Recharge" to "Dodge Recharge" in the mech HUD.
    • The DEALS button has been renamed to STORE in the Main Menu and Garage screens.
    • Various updates to post-match earnings text for clarity.
    • Language translations updated.
    • Text in the Credits tab updated.
Miscellaneous
  • Continued visual and audio tweaks for training mission tutorial, maps, mechs, weapons, and items.
  • Added sound effects for mech animations in the Garage.
  • Added cockpit reflection and lens flare visual effects.
Bugs Squashed
  • Added collision to a wall in the Origin map to prevent exploitation.
  • Repaired the Repair Charge item to no longer occasionally cause the game to crash.
  • Fixed mech features not functioning properly after unlocking an expired Test Drive mech.
  • The Siege battleship timer will no longer appear with no battleship present.
  • Cockpit grime and cracks will now display correctly as damage is taken.
  • Fixed Friends List, Chat, and other windows changing sizes when resolution is changed.
  • Fixed scoreboard text displaying incorrectly for and being overlapped by long callsigns.
  • Fixed clipping issues on wall in the Bazaar map.
  • Fixed mech preview not updating correctly when navigating mech lists using arrow keys.
  • Heavy mechs will no longer clip through the environment in the Staging screen.
  • Bold fonts now display correctly for Chinese, Japanese, and Korean localizations.
  • Fixed KE Sabot and Hawkins-RPR off-centered visual alignment on mech and in first-person view.
  • Ambient audio on the Bazaar map will now play correctly.
  • Crushing Kill text will now displaying in the post-match earnings screen.
  • The straw stack will no longer spin off the Bazaar map when shot.
  • The health display will no longer move to the center of the screen while zoomed in after repairing.
  • Fixed the blurred edges of health meters when zoomed in or in turret mode.
  • Fixed a missing boundary box in the Prosk map.
  • Jump pads will now work more reliably in the Uptown map.
  • The RD-LZR repair drone will no longer play the incorrect animation and its red eye will no longer persist in previews.
  • Fixed "Other Player Volume" adjustments not taking effect immediately.
  • Fixed XP bonus indicators being left as bright blue orbs in-game.

Click here to view the article
"Nothing reveals humanity so well as the games it plays."

#2 PlagueDoctor

PlagueDoctor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted February 08 2013 - 05:51 PM

Wait so did you fix the hellfires so that the second volley will always lock_

I think it is 1000's of money. IT IS 1000,s OF MONEY!!!.

#3 KaszaWspraju

KaszaWspraju

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted February 08 2013 - 05:57 PM

Kill Cam, omg :o.

• Reticle improved to be more accurate. As a result, the optional setting for Accurate Reticle (Experimental) has been removed.
  • Fixed XP bonus indicators being left as bright blue orbs in-game.
  • Improved kill and death messages in the mech HUD.
You can see that the changes are coming for the better, here are some of my observations: http://community.pla...nt/#entry201064

Your mech list can now be reorganized using the arrow buttons on the YOUR MECHS tab.
YES.

Edited by KaszaWspraju, February 08 2013 - 06:09 PM.

INTEL i5-4670K * ASUS Z87-A * GOODRAM DDR3 2x4GB * GIGABYTE GTX 760 OC rev 2.0 * X-Fi XTREME MUSIC * GRADO SR-60

SAMSUNG EVO 120GB * OCZ STEALTHXSTREAM 2 600W * Win 7 64
@ defekt : Mobility is King and burst damage is Queen. Checkmate.
Gdy byłem młodszy byłem bardziej beztroski... aha... nie lubię już POLSKI !

#4 Fields

Fields

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted February 08 2013 - 06:03 PM

Fantastic!

#5 LtMackAttack

LtMackAttack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationWandering from battlefield to battlefield

Posted February 08 2013 - 06:05 PM

looking forward to this patch! :D

Posted Image

Click on my sig to find out what the Wandering Guns are all about.

Interested in hiring me for a match then please send me a PM with the details.

CPU: intel i7-3770 @ 3.40GHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 560 Ti 1GB | RAM: 10GB DDR3  

#6 NYPD54

NYPD54

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted February 08 2013 - 06:18 PM

Really, Kill-cam_

To RentAKnight: This is another reason why I don't like the new battlefiled games.

#7 Fantus_Longhorn

Fantus_Longhorn

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, UK

Posted February 08 2013 - 06:25 PM

Good to see much more detail in the notes this time. Thanks :)

Looks like a good list of changes there, looking forward to playing once the patch hits.

Posted Image

Hawken EMP Youtube Channel ~ Watch Previous Episodes Here

And unto us a clan is born...

"May all our assists be critical and all our kills be stolen. Amen"

#8 Noin

Noin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted February 08 2013 - 06:30 PM

Nice, keep it coming.  Can't wait to try the hellfire changes.

In before the moaners!

#9 bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Defender of Pork Products

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • LocationUsually hanging out in #spawn

Posted February 08 2013 - 06:30 PM

"Game mode unlock"...  I could guess that it's to prevent new players from jumping into the 'more complicated' match types_

"Added turrets inside team bases to prevent players from camping inside an opponent's base" - Cool, good addition.  Better would to allow for multiple exits from the base as this still doesn't address the base camping problems (CBT2 Siege, put it back!)

"Reticle improved to be more accurate. As a result, the optional setting for Accurate Reticle (Experimental) has been removed" - ....really_  You are removing one of the more popular additions to the game_  I guess I will see how this works when it's rolled out...

"Kill Cam" - Why_  Just...  why_

"Added cockpit reflection and lens flare visual effects" - Hopefully we can turn them off if the performance hit is too high (how about that advanced graphics tab_)

The rest of them, very nice, especially the one that lets you rearrange the order mechs show up in the garage.  Looking forward to seeing how these work out and improve the game.

(I don't mean to necro threads, I'm just almost always running behind.  My apologies)

Posted ImageFollower of Wheaton's Law, #spawn camper, test dummy for science, and being one of "those guys" <3

Youtube: thebaconavenger - Twitch/Twitter: bacon_avenger

System specs: i5 2500k // Asus P8Z68-V // eVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti Superclocked // 16 GB 1600 DDR3
New to siege_  Give Bacon's Guide to Siege Mode a watch

#10 Guiotine

Guiotine

Mech Collector

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts
  • Locationsomewhere between Illal and Eorzea

Posted February 08 2013 - 06:35 PM

View PostScapes, on February 08 2013 - 05:45 PM, said:

Weapons
  • Hellfire Missiles
    • Adjusted to be slightly more effective at closer ranges.
      • Damage per projectile was increased slightly.
      • Projectiles start homing to targets sooner.
      • Homing strength was increased.
      • Time to lose target lock-on was increased.

OMGOMGOMGOMG woot :D Happy day for bruisers! ....but someone else brought up a good point, will the second salvo always lock now_

ReachH said:

I dub thee, Guiotine, 'Coloxxen, the mech pokemon'

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on July 02 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

This wall of text gets the AJK Seal of Approval.

#11 Spiderz

Spiderz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationMarcoola Beach, QLD, AUS

Posted February 08 2013 - 06:36 PM

DAMN SON! WHERE'D YOU FIND THIS!_
i want keybinding that makes my mech play this tune with acouple twirling beacon lights.
click banner for clan info
Posted Image

#12 Culex

Culex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted February 08 2013 - 06:39 PM

Going to clarify the unlisted bonuses to the weapons that have been fixed for convenience.

• EOC Repeater: Level 1: +1.5 sec mine duration
    • Slug Rifle: Level 1: -20% Spread
    • Submachine Cannon: Level 1: +5% Spread Stabilization
    • Hawkins-RPR: Level 2: +10% Range
    • Assault Rifle: Level 3: +10% Spread Stabilization
    • KE-Sabot: Level 3: +10% Unzoomed Damage
    • Rev-GL: Level 3: +10% Velocity
    • Sabot Rifle: Level 3: +6% Unzoomed Damage
    • Seeker: Level 3: +10% Projectile Speed

I am matter... I am antimatter... I can see your past... I can see your future...

I consume time... And I will consume you!
Posted Image

#13 Allectus

Allectus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted February 08 2013 - 06:44 PM

Not a fan of kill-cams.  Against an organized and communicating team it means flanking is good for precisely one kill...

#14 Zeshi

Zeshi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted February 08 2013 - 06:52 PM

Gameplay
  • Game Mode Unlock
    • New players start with Team Deathmatch unlocked. Additional game modes can be unlocked by playing matches of any combination of available game modes. New players can still join their friends on a mode they haven't unlocked yet.
      • Play three matches to unlock Missile Assault.
      • Play five or more matches to unlock Siege.
      • Play five or more matches to unlock Deathmatch.
      • Note: Current players who have already fulfilled the requirements should be unaffected.
  • Maximum Turn Rate
    • The decreased maximum turn rate has been fixed. There used to be an unintended mechanism with turning where moving the crosshairs from the center of the cockpit to the edge of the cockpit capped at a higher speed then the actual turn rate cap. This was considered an unnecessary inconsistency and was removed.
      • Basically, once your cockpit started actually turning with you, you were capped at the intended turn speed, but for a short time before that the reticle could move faster. The difference in speed was about 10% faster from the center point to the point where your mech starts to spin, then it would actually slow to the intended turn rate. This probably caused an impression of negative mouse acceleration since the reticle would slow down when you got to the edge of the cockpit. The removal of that change in speed means that players should expeience an even turn rate cap at all times.

• Reticle
  • Kill Cam (Alpha)
    • Upon death, your camera will now follow the player who killed you for a few seconds.
    • This has been implemented early in the development cycle, so it's still very much a work in progress.
Click here to view the article

I really should stop being amazed at how out of touch adhesive is.
Posted Image

#15 _Hex_

_Hex_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted February 08 2013 - 06:54 PM

This patch looks almost completely beautiful. I spoke too soon about them in that other thread. But some things aren't needed. (see above post)

ableit...

Slightly

Number please_ Pretty please_ :(

NUMBERS MAN! DO YOU HAVE THEM_

View PostLeonhardt, on April 30 2013 - 04:00 AM, said:

alt+F4 fixes this. Reinstall and as soon as you see it quickly hit alt+F4. If the game crashes restart and try again until its fixed.

#16 draco7891

draco7891

El Tigre

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCA, USA

Posted February 08 2013 - 07:08 PM

Mini-Flak Cannon

• Adjusted for more sustained close-range damage rather than burst damage.
      • Increased rate of fire slightly.
      • Reduced damage and heat generation per shot to compensate for the change in fire rate.

Is this change a net increase, decrease, or no change to the weapons DPS and total damage_

Draco

#17 Kerbstomp

Kerbstomp

3D Artist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted February 08 2013 - 07:13 PM

View PostZeshi, on February 08 2013 - 06:52 PM, said:

I really should stop being amazed at how out of touch adhesive is.
Thank you for the constructive feedback.

#18 Onebullit

Onebullit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted February 08 2013 - 07:18 PM

Great improvements overall.
Im so happy to see that the Hellfire missiles are getting some love.
The Bruiser and the Rocketeer will be more deadly now hohohoho.

><(((((°> - - - - - - - - - - -  ><((°> ><((°> ><((°>

HAЩKEИ ---> hawken

Member of: Critical Assist

#19 Azrael39

Azrael39

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted February 08 2013 - 07:23 PM

I have just started a Rocketeer yesterday and it's lvl 19 now.  Can't wait to see how hard Hellfire's hit after the patch.  I will make them cry my name in frustration.

Good patch, nice update, and thanks for telling us straight up.  Great job Adhesive.
Sharpshooter lvl 25, Berserker lvl 25, Scout lvl 25, Bruiser lvl 25, CRT lvl 25, Brawler lvl 25, Infiltrator lvl 25, Reaper lvl 25, Rocketeer lvl 25, Raider lvl 25, Technician lvl 25, Grenadier lvl 25, Assault lvl 25

Good luck and have fun see you on the Battlefields!

#20 [HWK]HAGER

[HWK]HAGER

QA Lead

• Adhesive Games
  • 106 posts

Posted February 08 2013 - 07:27 PM

View PostPlagueDoctor, on February 08 2013 - 05:51 PM, said:

Wait so did you fix the hellfires so that the second volley will always lock_

No. You will still have to manually lock on, if that's what you mean_
Richard Hager
AP || Adhesive Games || twitter: @hwkhager

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Patch, News, Game