HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Open Beta Patch Notes: 02/12/13

Patch News Game

• Please log in to reply
255 replies to this topic

#41 PlagueDoctor

PlagueDoctor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted February 08 2013 - 09:00 PM

The hellfire bug I'm talking about is where if you get a full lock on an enemy, the second volley of missiles will sometimes just fly off into the air.

I think it is 1000's of money. IT IS 1000,s OF MONEY!!!.

#42 ShadowGTR

ShadowGTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted February 08 2013 - 09:01 PM

Glad you guys fixed the LZR repair drone! Love that little guy. Not to sound unappreciative, but has any progress been made in resolving the Undefined CR-T Recruit mech issue_ I submitted a bug report already (around Open Beta launch date), and I tried a few things on my end to resolve the issue, but to no avail.

Looking forward to the patch!

Posted Image

#43 [HWK]HUGHES

[HWK]HUGHES

the Drinker of Coffee

• Adhesive Games
  • 804 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted February 08 2013 - 09:19 PM

View PostShadowGTR, on February 08 2013 - 09:01 PM, said:

Glad you guys fixed the LZR repair drone! Love that little guy. Not to sound unappreciative, but has any progress been made in resolving the Undefined CR-T Recruit mech issue_ I submitted a bug report already (around Open Beta launch date), and I tried a few things on my end to resolve the issue, but to no avail.

Looking forward to the patch!

Send me a private message on the details of your undefined mech issue. I'll look into its status.

Jason Hughes
Producer || Adhesive Games || twitter: @digitalHUGHES

#44 Roundlay

Roundlay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted February 08 2013 - 09:23 PM

View PostZeshi, on February 08 2013 - 08:10 PM, said:

Im not blindly assuming anything. Since alpha a few threads have popped up about kill cams. While there have been a few supporters, the overwhelming response has been no. And thats just talking about this patch. Do i really need to bring up the surprise 7 second Emp buff_ The communities overwhelming dissatisfaction with countermeasures_

http://en.wikipedia....ntum_ad_populum

Those that make a presence on the forums don't necessarily represent the feelings of the "community" at large. I'm glad to see Adhesive implementing slash trying new ideas out.

#45 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts
  • Location[delete for trolling] --defter

Posted February 08 2013 - 09:23 PM

View Post[ADH]HUGHES, on February 08 2013 - 08:49 PM, said:

View Posth0B0, on February 08 2013 - 07:55 PM, said:

View PostCameronKerby, on February 08 2013 - 07:54 PM, said:

View PostZeshi, on February 08 2013 - 07:51 PM, said:

Ive given plenty of constructive feedback. Eventually you get tired of not being listened to. (kill cams. Seriously. kill cams.)
Blindly assuming your feedback isn't being listened to/considered is disappointing. If you have specific concerns (with this patch) we'd love to hear it.
im working on it kerby like i have done in the past.

Im also working on a reply to this specific post.

Well, we look forward to your constructive feedback.

They are up. here.
http://community.pla...h-notes-021213/
Always a pleasure to help.

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on March 15 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Oh don't always listen to h0B0. Lol.

#46 Cottonmouth

Cottonmouth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted February 08 2013 - 09:31 PM

5760x1080 fix, when_
Posted Image
Wandering Gun #XXX
PC Specs: 3930k @ 5ghz, RIVE, 2x CMGTX3, 3x EVGA 580 SC at 3240x1920, 1x Intel 510 120GB, 4x Force GT 120GB raid 10, 2x Raptor 600GB raid 0

#47 Zeshi

Zeshi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted February 08 2013 - 09:34 PM

View Post[ADH]HUGHES, on February 08 2013 - 08:54 PM, said:

View PostZeshi, on February 08 2013 - 08:10 PM, said:

View PostCameronKerby, on February 08 2013 - 07:54 PM, said:

View PostZeshi, on February 08 2013 - 07:51 PM, said:

Ive given plenty of constructive feedback. Eventually you get tired of not being listened to. (kill cams. Seriously. kill cams.)
Blindly assuming your feedback isn't being listened to/considered is disappointing. If you have specific concerns (with this patch) we'd love to hear it.

Im not blindly assuming anything. Since alpha a few threads have popped up about kill cams. While there have been a few supporters, the overwhelming response has been no. And thats just talking about this patch. Do i really need to bring up the surprise 7 second Emp buff_ The communities overwhelming dissatisfaction with countermeasures_

I'm not attempting to speak for Kirby, but perhaps you could talk more specifically to the concerning bullet points in these posted patch notes_ Please keep in mind some changes take longer than a few weeks to address so what might be an immediate priority item to you, might very well be in the works already (probably is, HA!). Rather than cover our entire backlog and scheduled work calendar (that would take a long long long time and bore too many to death), what about these notes are causing a bit of the ol' feather ruffling_

Talking to Kirby in private now.

Edit- Just 2 quick things.

1. Kill cams. Was the community outcry so great for kill cams that it needed to be prioritized over other things_ (ex removing stun lock entirely, fixing matchmaking, server broswer, clan tags, etc etc etc). No, it wasn't, it didn't even exist at all.

2. In regards to the other game modes being locked for new players, how is playing 3 games of TDM going to make a player any better at understanding missile assault_

Edited by Zeshi, February 08 2013 - 09:39 PM.

Posted Image

#48 Culex

Culex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted February 08 2013 - 09:44 PM

View PostScapes, on February 08 2013 - 05:45 PM, said:

• Reticle
    • Reticle improved to be more accurate. As a result, the optional setting for Accurate Reticle (Experimental) has been removed.

After playing with the accurate reticle, I don't want to go back. This is a bit vague; but I hope that the new default reticle is what was currently the experimental one. I know some people didn't like it, so I think it was best left as an option, but I'd rather not see a compromised one.

• Kill Cam (Alpha)
    • Upon death, your camera will now follow the player who killed you for a few seconds.
    • This has been implemented early in the development cycle, so it's still very much a work in progress.

I have to agree with the arguments against this. This is a "stalk your killer" cam in the way it's described. I believe the best thing would be to leave the cam as it is now, but add the ability to replay the last 3 seconds or so leading up to HOW you died from the killer's perspective, if you choose to by pushing spacebar or a certain key.

• Menu Usability
    • Your mech list can now be reorganized using the arrow buttons or drag-and-drop on the YOUR MECHS tab.

Ty ty ty.

Edited by Culex, February 08 2013 - 10:05 PM.

I am matter... I am antimatter... I can see your past... I can see your future...

I consume time... And I will consume you!
Posted Image

#49 Climatic

Climatic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted February 08 2013 - 09:45 PM

So did we fix the invisible vehicles_

#50 PiVoR

PiVoR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted February 08 2013 - 09:52 PM

Finally some Hellfire love, but how about Reaper_ Poor little thing is just walking free kill right now =(.

#51 Azrael39

Azrael39

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted February 08 2013 - 09:55 PM

I like the experimental retical and will miss it if it's taken away.  I'm hoping the experimental version becomes the default game version.  

Hellfire's getting buffed is a yay!  I've got a 25 bruiser, and a 21 Rocketeer and i'm having a blast with them.  The thing that makes the Hellfire weaker than TOW is with a TOW you can pop out from cover, fire it, jump back to cover, and explode your missile without looking at it and catch the enemy with splash.  The Hellfire doesn't work like this.  The Hellfire takes up more area and so if you use the same mechanical movements you will catch yourself with the splash from the Hellfire as it hits the wall you are using for cover.  The missiles travel slower, and when not locked on a lot of the shot misses.  Locking on takes a long time opposed to aiming a TOW.  I tend to think of my Hellfires as a giant shotgun in CQC and blindfire often leading my target.  But TOW is superior to Hellfire.

Glad the mini-flak has been changed as it's dps was highest in the game according to AJK's spreadsheet and math.  A starter weapon shouldn't have more dps than the Vulcan cannon, or Flak.

Kill Cam's are fun, visually entertaining.  But, they will allow the people we kill too much information that can change the tactics of situational awareness in game.  I think the hardcore competitive players will hate the Kill Cam.  Maybe you can turn it off for any future Ranked matches.  That should satisfy them.

Great work Adhesive, I prefer a new patch each 2 weeks as opposed to waiting a month for a big one.  I think it shows the community you are constantly working and moving forward when you do little patches.  Love your game.  And I look forward to the next Mech to come down the line.
Sharpshooter lvl 25, Berserker lvl 25, Scout lvl 25, Bruiser lvl 25, CRT lvl 25, Brawler lvl 25, Infiltrator lvl 25, Reaper lvl 25, Rocketeer lvl 25, Raider lvl 25, Technician lvl 25, Grenadier lvl 25, Assault lvl 25

Good luck and have fun see you on the Battlefields!

#52 Kerbstomp

Kerbstomp

3D Artist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted February 08 2013 - 10:01 PM

View Posth0B0, on February 08 2013 - 07:55 PM, said:

im working on it kerby like i have done in the past.

I'm not attempting to speak for Kirby...

View PostZeshi, on February 08 2013 - 09:34 PM, said:

My name... is... CAMERON
Posted Image

:P

#53 [HWK]HUGHES

[HWK]HUGHES

the Drinker of Coffee

• Adhesive Games
  • 804 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted February 08 2013 - 10:08 PM

View PostCameronKerby, on February 08 2013 - 10:01 PM, said:

I'm not attempting to speak for Kirby...

View PostZeshi, on February 08 2013 - 09:34 PM, said:

My name... is... CAMERON
Posted Image

LOL. While true there was no mention of Cameron in the thread... Only Kerby. But there is no question... YOU ARE CAMERON! Let it be known...

Jason Hughes

#54 [HWK]Deuy

[HWK]Deuy

Chief Nomadic Trapeze Artist

• Adhesive Games
  • 350 posts

Posted February 08 2013 - 10:08 PM

Hahah I love that Hughes didn't even spell Kerby right.

#55 [HWK]HUGHES

[HWK]HUGHES

the Drinker of Coffee

• Adhesive Games
  • 804 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted February 08 2013 - 10:11 PM

View Post[HWK]Deuy, on February 08 2013 - 10:08 PM, said:

Quiet Khris!

Jason Hughes

#56 Kerbstomp

Kerbstomp

3D Artist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted February 08 2013 - 10:12 PM

View Post[HWK]Deuy, on February 08 2013 - 10:08 PM, said:

No one does... thanks to this jerk.
Posted Image

#57 draco7891

draco7891

El Tigre

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCA, USA

Posted February 08 2013 - 10:13 PM

3-way Dev Rage in the Cage match_

Infiltrators at dawn_

Draco

#58 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts
  • Location[delete for trolling] --defter

Posted February 08 2013 - 10:20 PM

Cameron, noted.
Khris, noted.

Thanks for the little spaz of humour/humanity.

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on March 15 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Oh don't always listen to h0B0. Lol.

#59 Animal_Man

Animal_Man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationFL, USA

Posted February 08 2013 - 10:29 PM

Can we add receiving XP from killing turrets, radars and radar scramblers_ Please :) everyone agrees with this idea, and it'll be easy to implement. Just a small amount of XP from 10-15 XP

#60 Guiotine

Guiotine

Mech Collector

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts
  • Locationsomewhere between Illal and Eorzea

Posted February 08 2013 - 10:34 PM

View PostAzrael39, on February 08 2013 - 09:55 PM, said:

A starter weapon shouldn't have more dps than the Vulcan cannon, or Flak.

both vulcan and flak are starter weapons on different mechs, not entirely sure what you mean here :P

ReachH said:

I dub thee, Guiotine, 'Coloxxen, the mech pokemon'

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on July 02 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

This wall of text gets the AJK Seal of Approval.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Patch, News, Game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users