HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Open Beta Patch Notes: 02/12/13

Patch News Game

• Please log in to reply
255 replies to this topic

#61 ReachH

ReachH

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,459 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted February 08 2013 - 10:49 PM

View PostScapes, on February 08 2013 - 05:45 PM, said:

• Hellfire Missiles
    • Adjusted to be slightly more effective at closer ranges.
      • Projectiles start homing to targets sooner.
This unintentionally reduces the hellfire's ability to be wrapped around obstacles. What people wanted was an initial spread decrease.

Other than that, good tweaks and nice additions. Still waiting anxiously for the big ones though.

Edited by ReachH, February 08 2013 - 10:51 PM.

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on October 23 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

Development happens.

Posted Image

#62 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted February 08 2013 - 10:50 PM

Gameplay
  • Game Mode Unlock
    • New players start with Team Deathmatch unlocked. Additional game modes can be unlocked by playing matches of any combination of available game modes. New players can still join their friends on a mode they haven't unlocked yet.
      • Play three matches to unlock Missile Assault.
      • Play five or more matches to unlock Siege.
      • Play five or more matches to unlock Deathmatch.
      • Note: Current players who have already fulfilled the requirements should be unaffected.

Please make it so that you have to PLAY and COMPLETE or WIN the matches in question.  I have a feeling people will just enter them and quit out the amount of times needed in order to bypass the restriction.
# while true; do echo "Post"; done

#63 [HWK]Deuy

[HWK]Deuy

Chief Nomadic Trapeze Artist

• Adhesive Games
  • 350 posts

Posted February 08 2013 - 11:09 PM

View PostAnimal_Man, on February 08 2013 - 10:29 PM, said:

Can we add receiving XP from killing turrets, radars and radar scramblers_ Please :) everyone agrees with this idea, and it'll be easy to implement. Just a small amount of XP from 10-15 XP

I like this idea too.

Pro-tip:  Destroying battleship turrets in Siege already gives you XP, we just need to make that visible to players.

#64 PlagueDoctor

PlagueDoctor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted February 08 2013 - 11:27 PM

literally a pro-tip, quick kids, pull out your camera. You rarely see them in the wild

I think it is 1000's of money. IT IS 1000,s OF MONEY!!!.

#65 Analysis

Analysis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted February 08 2013 - 11:42 PM

• Reticle
    • Reticle improved to be more accurate. As a result, the optional setting for Accurate Reticle (Experimental) has been removed.
Interface
  • Kills and Deaths
    • Improved kill and death messages in the mech HUD.
  • Kill Cam (Alpha)
    • Upon death, your camera will now follow the player who killed you for a few seconds.
    • This has been implemented early in the development cycle, so it's still very much a work in progress.
  • Added sound effects for mech animations in the Garage.
  • Added cockpit reflection and lens flare visual effects.

When you say the reticule is more accurate do you mean it moves like the experimental one_ If so please allow us to use a fixed reticule. I'm really not a fan of the constant moving cross hairs.

Not a fan of kill cams. The only time I would actually like a kill cam would be in a spectator setting. Please reconsider not using kill cams in actual matches.

Glad there are still some visual improvements coming to Hawken. I can't wait to see the lens flare.

#66 Hugs_

Hugs_

Former Community Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationUnknown Kadath

Posted February 08 2013 - 11:43 PM

I'd like to jump in and point out something else that sometimes gets missed in the post-patch notes post rage, too... Sometimes we're able to make something happen because it's tied to other stuff we're working to make happen. For example killcams, it's something connected to camera and spectator stuff, we're giving this a go and seeing how it fares. That's part of a beta, ya dig_

When something is included in a patch it doesn't always mean it was part of a 1-to-1 trade with something else. I don't want to get too technical here (lol, ok stop laughing), but developing games is SUPER complicated. The best way I've had it described to me lately is that it's like writing a book. Only instead of just one author, you've got dozens, and instead of just one manuscript you've got hundreds, and every author has to work on a different chapter at the same time, but can't always know what is happening in the chapter before and after. Plus, people have already started reading the book.

There are many moving pieces and what may appear to be a trivial fix from your perspective is always connected to more than you ever see and the best way to make sure something isn't a simple fix is to say, "It's easy! It should just take five minutes."

To look at how often our team posts and replies, but still read that you think we're not listening to you... it's mind bottling.

Edited by [HWK]Hugs, February 08 2013 - 11:58 PM.
tinyfont was too tiny!

xxoo

#67 PlagueDoctor

PlagueDoctor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted February 08 2013 - 11:51 PM

View Post[HWK]Hugs, on February 08 2013 - 11:43 PM, said:

To look at how often our team posts and replies, but still read that you think we're not listening to you... it's mind bottling.

Its mainly just players saying a lot of words, then you all can't keep up with every single demand, so with the idea that you are listening, they believe that everything they say gets in. When you miss a few things, it leads to frustration. Another piece is that the team does things that the higher level players see as unnecessary, when in fact they will help the game as a whole, for example the kill cam. Done correctly, it will help new players adapt to the game, however, to players that don't need it, it seems like you're adding something completely superfluous.

Y'all are gonna have a lot of people yellin' at you to do a lot of things, and its important to read and consider everything everyone says, but don't do everything literally. (you know this already though)

What I don't get is why people can't at least pretend to be polite >_>

E: also, SK members are also notoriously blunt about their ideas

E2: gamer entitlement

Edited by PlagueDoctor, February 08 2013 - 11:53 PM.

#68 dEd101

dEd101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted February 08 2013 - 11:56 PM

I hope the new reticule is as good as the experimental one. I love that thing.
General tips and tricks: https://community.pl...-tricks-thread/
Wolfyftw videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wolfyFTW (click on the 'Mindgamer' episodes)
Promo Codes (free money): https://community.pl...90-promo-codes/
Stats (all credit to AsianJoyKiller and the other contributors): https://docs.google....lrQjM5Tmc#gid=0 (don't forget to scroll right)

#69 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts
  • Location[delete for trolling] --defter

Posted February 09 2013 - 12:00 AM

View PostPlagueDoctor, on February 08 2013 - 11:51 PM, said:

stuff.

Some people might end up being disapointed due to the fact that they did not receive a fix concerning their own personal pet peeve and therefore feel cheated.

I personally try to give the benefit of the doubt to the devs.

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on March 15 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Oh don't always listen to h0B0. Lol.

#70 PlagueDoctor

PlagueDoctor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted February 09 2013 - 12:01 AM

Plaguey and h0b0 for SK Public Relations

E: I am always 100% optimistic

Edited by PlagueDoctor, February 09 2013 - 12:02 AM.

#71 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted February 09 2013 - 12:01 AM

Jimmy: Did you just say mind-bottling_

Spoiler

Edited by SS396, February 09 2013 - 12:08 AM.

# while true; do echo "Post"; done

#72 necroq

necroq

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Locationhere

Posted February 09 2013 - 12:33 AM

i love this devs

Posted Image

#73 Coldbound

Coldbound

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationWinland

Posted February 09 2013 - 12:42 AM

Thank you devs. :) Somewhat disappointed because I hadn't even noticed most of the bugs and was expecting more major changes. In overall, good patch. Keep em coming!
Posted Image

#74 Noin

Noin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted February 09 2013 - 12:45 AM

View PostPlagueDoctor, on February 08 2013 - 09:00 PM, said:

The hellfire bug I'm talking about is where if you get a full lock on an enemy, the second volley of missiles will sometimes just fly off into the air.
i am thinking that the "time to lose target lock-on increased" could possibly fix this as it may have been that the lock was lost before the second volley was fired.  

That is of course if the homing is triggered when the volley is actually fired, and not when you click the button.

#75 ReachH

ReachH

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,459 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted February 09 2013 - 01:12 AM

View PostSS396, on February 09 2013 - 12:01 AM, said:

Jimmy: Did you just say mind-bottling_
Swagger +1
Spoiler

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on October 23 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

Development happens.

Posted Image

#76 Spirtikus

Spirtikus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationBelgrade, Serbia

Posted February 09 2013 - 02:29 AM

Oh nice! Keep it up!
Posted Image

#77 Conquistador

Conquistador

Holy Roman Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationAt the back of the North Wind

Posted February 09 2013 - 02:29 AM

Chiron feels totally cheated that out of all the Project PARIS weapon recommendations, only his comments on the Miniflak have been considered, and that the devs have actually buffed Miniflak rof, making it even MORE automatic as a Class V weapon. isn't this kind of contrary to the recommendation to tone down the weapon's fire rate_

I'm trying to restrain his sarcastic wit over here by telling him that they implemented damage falloff for the miniflak to make it more of a cqc weapon as per the patch notes, but I'm doubtful this was done...

Edited by Conquistador, February 09 2013 - 02:33 AM.

Posted Image

#78 kinc2000

kinc2000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted February 09 2013 - 03:21 AM

this patch will not solve the fundamental problems of this game, all this is its more cosmetic changes to a game that is dying slowly

#79 Hunter_Killer

Hunter_Killer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationCyberdyne Systems

Posted February 09 2013 - 04:23 AM

View Postkinc2000, on February 09 2013 - 03:21 AM, said:

this patch will not solve the fundamental problems of this game, all this is its more cosmetic changes to a game that is dying slowly

lol, go away you are drunk dude
Posted Image
-INFILTRATION-UNIT-ONE-

#80 Pelax

Pelax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted February 09 2013 - 04:32 AM

NO NO NO! No killcam please! What's the point of sneaking or hiding into cover then___

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Patch, News, Game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users