HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Open Beta Patch Notes: 02/12/13

Patch News Game

• Please log in to reply
255 replies to this topic

#81 deidarall

deidarall

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted February 09 2013 - 05:19 AM

Ya know I have beta tested for some games done this or that and I honestly suggest ya all give the people at Hawken some credit.... Here ya are all of ya being whining little derp fishes.
They best way to make someone not do what you wish is to insult the fact they are trying... which when you boil down to it is what you guys are doing and if you try and say otherwise then shame on you....

Ive given plenty of constructive feedback. Eventually you get tired of not being listened to. (kill cams. Seriously. kill cams.)

What is this whiny *** stuff_ I have never seen someone whine directly to a devs face for WORKING ON THE GAME. Sure it may not have been what YOU wished for but get over it your not the only human in the world that wishes for this or that. I personally like the kill cam idea so whatever.

Edited by deidarall, February 09 2013 - 05:22 AM.

May the unskilled become the most skilled. May the skilled remain the most skilled. Let the newest players have the most fun, and the most skilled have none. Let the skilled have fun, while the new have none. The unskilled maybe the most skilled if you let them be. The skilled may be the most killed if the world allows that. RAISINS!

Posted Image

#82 v009

v009

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted February 09 2013 - 05:26 AM

Thanks for the patch guys. Never noticed any problems with my game play without those weapon levels.

One problem though. Mini Flak. I can understand decreasing the damage but why increase the RoF and decrease heat :S I could fire 27 rounds on it before overheating.
To all new Hawken Pilots! Press SPACE BAR and HOLD to enter GOD mode.

#83 nullface

nullface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted February 09 2013 - 07:19 AM

Yay on the weapon level fixes.

But I still wish for a option to remove countermeasures, internals and items from the slots, my OCD cant take it anymore :D

Posted Image
3570K @ 4.5GHz - P8Z77-I DLX/WD - 8GB HyperX LoVo 1866MHz - HD7950 - 840 PRO 256GB
Fred | Vulcan-Berserker | Slug-Reaper
SweetFX

#84 Paintingbuddha

Paintingbuddha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationCenter of the Universe

Posted February 09 2013 - 07:20 AM

My launcher is not starting anymore... It said download, and this is what shows for a few hours now:

Posted Image

Loaded Patcher. Working. LIES. :D

Should I reinstall_

#85 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts
  • Location[delete for trolling] --defter

Posted February 09 2013 - 07:34 AM

They are having issues with servers atm.

Try sending a support ticket.
Try restarting your client.

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on March 15 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Oh don't always listen to h0B0. Lol.

#86 Paintingbuddha

Paintingbuddha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationCenter of the Universe

Posted February 09 2013 - 07:37 AM

View Posth0B0, on February 09 2013 - 07:34 AM, said:

Yeah, did all of that before posting. I wonder why there is no response from the devs yet. I hope they did not upload the patch and went home for the weekend ;)

#87 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts
  • Location[delete for trolling] --defter

Posted February 09 2013 - 07:41 AM

View PostPaintingbuddha, on February 09 2013 - 07:37 AM, said:

View Posth0B0, on February 09 2013 - 07:34 AM, said:

Yeah, did all of that before posting. I wonder why there is no response from the devs yet. I hope they did not upload the patch and went home for the weekend ;)
Because the patch has been announced for the 12th.
Well done of you for trying those out before posting Thumbs up.

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on March 15 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Oh don't always listen to h0B0. Lol.

#88 TheDeathWish

TheDeathWish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in canada

Posted February 09 2013 - 07:41 AM

shouldnt we be fixing the issue at hand or have some response from devs or admin that you are at least aware of the issue

http://community.pla..._60#entry202523
Posted Image

#89 Ollie

Ollie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted February 09 2013 - 08:46 AM

View Post[ADH]HUGHES, on February 08 2013 - 08:54 PM, said:

Rather than cover our entire backlog and scheduled work calendar (that would take a long long long time and bore too many to death)
Not to be a fuzzy bunny, but you've been asked about this multiple times, from multiple users.  I doubt it would bore many of us.  I understand there are strategic reasons for not revealing your calendar (gamers are a fuzzy bunny about accountability to deadlines -- perhaps moreso than your vc investors).  I much prefer the "it's like a book and none of us know how the hell it's getting put together" analogy a bit better.

As far as my feedback, I'm still somewhat concerned about the apparent reticence to adjust balance concerns in a swift fashion.  I would much honestly prefer the wild swinging of balance that creates a shifting meta-game than minute adjustments to one or two mechs.  It doesn't make sense to me, unless you've got some sort of numbers that support (for instance, among many) the fact that the Reaper isn't underpowered, or the EOC still being a fairly lousy choice for a sidegrade.

It might also do something to add variety to the game while your other assets are still "in the works," as they say.

Edited by Ollie, February 09 2013 - 08:53 AM.

errything is pink chex, errything is pink chex

#90 cpl_bradders

cpl_bradders

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted February 09 2013 - 08:57 AM

I don't want to loose my accurate reticule (yes I realise you have fixed things and made stuff more accurate) but it adds to immersion and looks great.

Also wasn't expecting a kill-cam. I never thought Hawken was that kind of game! Dare I say I count it as a cut above a good few certain games that have kill-cams.

Operation of this mech binds you to the terms outlined in the Life/Death Policy Agreement, Section 2.

You are immediately liable for any and all damage incurred to this mech.

#91 PlanckZero

PlanckZero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted February 09 2013 - 09:18 AM

They forgot...

Gameplay
Matchmaking
  Haha, just fuzzy bunny with you.  Enjoy those 2v2 games.

#92 GunnRdog

GunnRdog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted February 09 2013 - 09:34 AM

sounds good and should be some welcome improvements, but are we going to have to reset our settings again_

#93 Zeshi

Zeshi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted February 09 2013 - 09:54 AM

View Postdeidarall, on February 09 2013 - 05:19 AM, said:

Ya know I have beta tested for some games done this or that and I honestly suggest ya all give the people at Hawken some credit.... Here ya are all of ya being whining little derp fishes.
They best way to make someone not do what you wish is to insult the fact they are trying... which when you boil down to it is what you guys are doing and if you try and say otherwise then shame on you....

Ive given plenty of constructive feedback. Eventually you get tired of not being listened to. (kill cams. Seriously. kill cams.)

What is this whiny *** stuff_ I have never seen someone whine directly to a devs face for WORKING ON THE GAME. Sure it may not have been what YOU wished for but get over it your not the only human in the world that wishes for this or that. I personally like the kill cam idea so whatever.

The point is they are working on silly/unwanted things. My personal feelings towards kill cams are irrelevant. How many threads did you see begging for kill cams to be implemented (very few). In those few threads, how strong was community opposition (strong). Why work towards something the community doesn't want when there are a host of other features (better matchmaking, server browser, actual weapon balence, clan support, fixing bazaar, etc etc etc) to deal with_

If you look at it in a vacuum my reaction might seem ridiculous, but this is not the first time that adhesive has done something like this. 7 second emp. Countermeasures. Sharpshooter initial CB 3 nerf that made it completely useless.

Edited by Zeshi, February 09 2013 - 09:56 AM.

Posted Image

#94 _Caffeine_

_Caffeine_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted February 09 2013 - 10:00 AM

View PostReachH, on February 08 2013 - 10:49 PM, said:

View PostScapes, on February 08 2013 - 05:45 PM, said:

• Hellfire Missiles
    • Adjusted to be slightly more effective at closer ranges.
      • Projectiles start homing to targets sooner.
This unintentionally reduces the hellfire's ability to be wrapped around obstacles. What people wanted was an initial spread decrease.

Other than that, good tweaks and nice additions. Still waiting anxiously for the big ones though.

I'm fine with hellfires smashing into my opponents' cover.  They found cover, nice job.

I seriously doubt they made them start tracking so fast that we won't be able to fire them from behind cover ourselves.

Edit:  Yeah I can see it being more difficult to get them around mid range obstacles to a long range target.  We will see.  Bruiser is so fun to me so I'm optimistic these changes will make hellfires feel more powerful.   Especially with them doing more damage.  I always felt they should be more punishing since it was so easy to avoid their full damage.

Edited by _Caffeine_, February 09 2013 - 10:10 AM.

#95 Atlanis

Atlanis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted February 09 2013 - 10:09 AM

bacon_avenger, on February 08 2013 - 06:30 PM, said:

"Reticle improved to be more accurate. As a result, the optional setting for Accurate Reticle (Experimental) has been removed" - ....really_  You are removing one of the more popular additions to the game_  I guess I will see how this works when it's rolled out...

I believe that they mean that the Accurate Reticle has been made default and the option to turn it off has been removed.

#96 nullface

nullface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted February 09 2013 - 10:18 AM

Wait what_ Is Accurate Reticle mandatory now_ I hate that thing!

Posted Image
3570K @ 4.5GHz - P8Z77-I DLX/WD - 8GB HyperX LoVo 1866MHz - HD7950 - 840 PRO 256GB
Fred | Vulcan-Berserker | Slug-Reaper
SweetFX

#97 [HWK]HUGHES

[HWK]HUGHES

the Drinker of Coffee

• Adhesive Games
  • 804 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted February 09 2013 - 10:36 AM

View Postnullface, on February 09 2013 - 07:19 AM, said:

Yay on the weapon level fixes.

But I still wish for a option to remove countermeasures, internals and items from the slots, my OCD cant take it anymore :D

The option to remove is on an upcoming sprint. It requires art, UI and engineering team efforts. Coming soon!

Jason Hughes
Producer || Adhesive Games || twitter: @digitalHUGHES

#98 [HWK]HUGHES

[HWK]HUGHES

the Drinker of Coffee

• Adhesive Games
  • 804 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted February 09 2013 - 10:39 AM

View PostZeshi, on February 09 2013 - 09:54 AM, said:

View Postdeidarall, on February 09 2013 - 05:19 AM, said:

The point is they are working on silly/unwanted things. My personal feelings towards kill cams are irrelevant. How many threads did you see begging for kill cams to be implemented (very few). In those few threads, how strong was community opposition (strong). Why work towards something the community doesn't want when there are a host of other features (better matchmaking, server browser, actual weapon balence, clan support, fixing bazaar, etc etc etc) to deal with_

If you look at it in a vacuum my reaction might seem ridiculous, but this is not the first time that adhesive has done something like this. 7 second emp. Countermeasures. Sharpshooter initial CB 3 nerf that made it completely useless.

I have some feedback to your points but I'll wait until I'm back to a computer.

Jason Hughes
Producer || Adhesive Games || twitter: @digitalHUGHES

#99 cpl_bradders

cpl_bradders

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted February 09 2013 - 11:00 AM

View Post[ADH]HUGHES, on February 09 2013 - 10:39 AM, said:

I have some feedback to your points but I'll wait until I'm back to a computer.

Hi Jason, when you do get the time, (and have addressed the other points) can I just confirm with you that I understand the accurate reticule changes in the patch notes - are we going back to previous static reticule that now has been improved_ I am a fan of the sway and movement of the experimental one as I feel it adds realism/immersion.

Good god am I gonna get flamed for asking about something so trivial, but I wanna know! :)

View Postcpl_bradders, on February 09 2013 - 08:57 AM, said:

I don't want to loose my accurate reticule (yes I realise you have fixed things and made stuff more accurate) but it adds to immersion and looks great.

Also wasn't expecting a kill-cam. I never thought Hawken was that kind of game! Dare I say I count it as a cut above a good few certain games that have kill-cams.

Operation of this mech binds you to the terms outlined in the Life/Death Policy Agreement, Section 2.

You are immediately liable for any and all damage incurred to this mech.

#100 Dackstrus

Dackstrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • LocationKami's Lookout

Posted February 09 2013 - 11:20 AM

View PostScapes, on February 08 2013 - 05:45 PM, said:

Gameplay
  • Game Mode Unlock
    • New players start with Team Deathmatch unlocked. Additional game modes can be unlocked by playing matches of any combination of available game modes. New players can still join their friends on a mode they haven't unlocked yet.
      • Play three matches to unlock Missile Assault.
      • Play five or more matches to unlock Siege.
      • Play five or more matches to unlock Deathmatch.
      • Note: Current players who have already fulfilled the requirements should be unaffected.
I don't know who is smoking what on the team, But what the fuzzy bunny are you guys thinking_

Really, I don't even know where to start with this. Your going to add more walls to new players joining the game, And funnel them all into TDM... Why in the hell would you lock them out of gameplay modes_

Your going to make people leave the game before they even get started. Because they can't join their friend in whatever mode they prefer.
Please note, this is coming from someone who hates kill based game modes. Objectives are what i want.

Also killcam, it's about time.

I'm also very disappointed in the loss of the experimental reticule.

Edit: Update, A friend of mine i've been trying to get back into playing now refuses to due to the gamemode change. We want to play Seige, Not deathmatch. Good going Adhesive.

Edited by Dackstrus, February 09 2013 - 11:26 AM.

One should always know better...
I don't speak often. But when I do...
Vanguard: Fat@$$
Berserker: Drammel
R.I.P. Assault of Alpha 2: Popo The Black

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Patch, News, Game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users