HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Open Beta Patch Notes: 02/12/13

Patch News Game

• Please log in to reply
255 replies to this topic

#201 Cpt_Kill_Jack

Cpt_Kill_Jack

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationCastle Rock, CO

Posted February 12 2013 - 03:17 PM

View PostCameronKerby, on February 09 2013 - 08:47 PM, said:

View PostThe_Silencer, on February 09 2013 - 05:20 PM, said:

[Due to a weekend distraction this previous post has been self-destructed] :P

So..

Miscellaneous
  • Added cockpit reflection and lens flare visual effects.
I'd like to assume that these visuals won't be enabled in low settings. Am I right_ Pilots running the game on slower computers should not have Reflections enabled by default or, at least, they should have a setting to turn reflections off.

High and Ultra only.

Why Ultra is the one I play on. Great something else for me to turn off.

#202 Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted February 12 2013 - 03:19 PM

About half the Hellfire's in each shot not locking on. If that  is not fixed, and not going to be fixed, how about a little equivalence.

Jam the snipers rifles, have the Tow explode half way to the target. A little joy for everyone.

Having half your attack sputter is good for everyone, or no one; but you need to pick which.

#203 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted February 12 2013 - 03:25 PM

View PostJunkyard_Dog, on February 12 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

About half the Hellfire's in each shot not locking on. If that  is not fixed, and not going to be fixed, how about a little equivalence.

Hey, I know that this thread is eleven pages long and reading is hard, but:

View Post[HWK]HAGER, on February 09 2013 - 04:50 PM, said:

View PostPlagueDoctor, on February 08 2013 - 09:00 PM, said:

The hellfire bug I'm talking about is where if you get a full lock on an enemy, the second volley of missiles will sometimes just fly off into the air.

Hey Plague,

I'll follow up on this and get an aswer for you.
(page 7 of this thread)

View Post[HWK]HAGER, on February 11 2013 - 05:22 PM, said:

View PostPlagueDoctor, on February 09 2013 - 10:04 PM, said:

View Post[HWK]HAGER, on February 09 2013 - 04:50 PM, said:

Hey Plague,

I'll follow up on this and get an answer for you.

Thank you awesome adhesive dude!  :D

The new changes fix this issue. Please let me know if you see otherwise.
(page 10 of this thread)

Edited by Elix, February 12 2013 - 03:26 PM.

HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#204 nullface

nullface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted February 12 2013 - 03:56 PM

View PostRaylin27, on February 12 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

i can't even.... Hellfire BUFFS_ are you BOINKING ME_!

Like in "they need no buff" or like in "where is the buff_".

Posted Image
3570K @ 4.5GHz - P8Z77-I DLX/WD - 8GB HyperX LoVo 1866MHz - HD7950 - 840 PRO 256GB
Fred | Vulcan-Berserker | Slug-Reaper
SweetFX

#205 Wasabi_Wei

Wasabi_Wei

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • LocationMadison, Wisconsin, USA, Earth

Posted February 12 2013 - 04:34 PM

I am disappointed that the art asset for the Kabot was not a replacement for the banana-mag stuck through the gun..No Mag built like that would ever feed properly and anyone familiar with guns can't help but cringe at the mag end sticking out instead of mounting in some sort of mag well. Love the mech, but that detail is just terrible.
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world. - Grateful Dead lyric, but really true.

Just Saying: "If an officer of the law expects to be treated as such, then they had better act as one and uphold our laws and Rights in the pursuit of Justice."

#206 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted February 12 2013 - 04:38 PM

View PostWasabi_Wei, on February 12 2013 - 04:34 PM, said:

I am disappointed that the art asset for the Kabot was not a replacement for the banana-mag stuck through the gun..No Mag built like that would ever feed properly and anyone familiar with guns can't help but cringe at the mag end sticking out instead of mounting in some sort of mag well. Love the mech, but that detail is just terrible.
Well, considering that the Flak cannon is literally four AA guns strapped together, things might work a bit differently when you get up to that scale and are working with mobile gun placements (i.e., walking mechs).

See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.

#207 Wasabi_Wei

Wasabi_Wei

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • LocationMadison, Wisconsin, USA, Earth

Posted February 12 2013 - 04:48 PM

I hear you Elix. For some reason I would prefer ammo from nowhere like the Hawkins-RPR to a magazine that just looks wrong on a subjective gut level. If it does not bother you, that is awesome. I just had to voice my personal sadness and hope the design team hears my plea. It just looks so wrong to me. Surely there are others that it strikes off-key uncanny-valley-style. THAT is IT: It looks so cool as a gun until I see the feeding end of the magazine jutting out into empty space. Then I am revolted and the contrast makes me wail to the universe. I guess the art asset referred to in the patch notes got my hopes up also. That's part of why I felt the need to share. What a tease!

*emo cry echo echo echo*

Edited by Wasabi_Wei, February 12 2013 - 04:51 PM.

Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world. - Grateful Dead lyric, but really true.

Just Saying: "If an officer of the law expects to be treated as such, then they had better act as one and uphold our laws and Rights in the pursuit of Justice."

#208 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted February 12 2013 - 04:51 PM

Maybe Kirby ( ;)) can do something about that.

#209 Scapes

Scapes

Former Community Manager

• Alpha Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted February 12 2013 - 04:58 PM

A late addition:

Matchmaking
  • We're introducing the latest changes to Matchmaking in HAWKEN with this patch. The goal is to rate pilots based on their skill so that all players experience fair fights with some variation in team skill composition. These changes are the next step towards achieving that goal, and we thank you in advance for being our live test subjects.
    • All players will be having their skill ratings reset. The purpose of this is to collect new, unadultered data on how the Matchmaking changes are performing. This does mean that your first match after this patch hits will be with pilots of a wide range of skill levels. Matchmaking will quickly "learn" more about you from this match and you should find yourself fighting pilots closer to your skill level within an hour's worth of matches.
    • Player ranking earned per match and game mode will be changing as of this patch. Ranking from Siege and Missile Assault matches was originally based on wins and losses while Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch was based on the pilot's kills-to-deaths ratio. Rankings in all game modes will now be based on your XP earned per minute. Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch will also factor in deaths unlike Siege and Missile Assault.
    • Rankings originally only vested if pilots stayed in 75% of the entire match. Rankings will now vest if a much smaller fraction of the total match is played.

"Nothing reveals humanity so well as the games it plays."

#210 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted February 12 2013 - 05:03 PM

View PostScapes, on February 12 2013 - 04:58 PM, said:

We're introducing the latest changes to Matchmaking in HAWKEN with this patch.
Wooooooo!

I'm hoping this works. This sounds good, at least!

#211 Guiotine

Guiotine

Mech Collector

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts
  • Locationsomewhere between Illal and Eorzea

Posted February 12 2013 - 05:05 PM

• Player ranking earned per match and game mode will be changing as of this patch. Ranking from Siege and Missile Assault matches was originally based on wins and losses while Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch was based on the pilot's kills-to-deaths ratio. Rankings in all game modes will now be based on your XP earned per minute. Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch will also factor in deaths unlike Siege and Missile Assault.

Excellent, glad to hear exactly how I am being placed. That explains why I always stomped DM, my KDR was about 2.0, even though my actual skill was higher than my kdr would indicate. :D

Edited by Guiotine, February 12 2013 - 05:05 PM.

ReachH said:

I dub thee, Guiotine, 'Coloxxen, the mech pokemon'

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on July 02 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

This wall of text gets the AJK Seal of Approval.

#212 _Caffeine_

_Caffeine_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted February 12 2013 - 05:13 PM

View PostElix, on February 12 2013 - 05:03 PM, said:

Wooooooo!

Hot damn!

#213 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted February 12 2013 - 05:17 PM

View Post_Caffeine_, on February 12 2013 - 05:13 PM, said:

View PostElix, on February 12 2013 - 05:03 PM, said:

Wooooooo!

Hot damn!

Make sure you put your own comment outside the quote tags. Because I certainly didn't say that middle line.

#214 _Caffeine_

_Caffeine_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted February 12 2013 - 05:23 PM

Will we be able to see our ranking in-game in the future_  Perhaps Ranking+/- on the end match score screen_

#215 Akrium

Akrium

Mean Kitty

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted February 12 2013 - 08:47 PM

I don't know how I missed it in the patch notes (it is there)... but THANK YOU for allowing us to change the order of our mechs in our garages so it is not just based on top xp gained.

thank you
thank you
thank you

#216 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted February 12 2013 - 09:47 PM

A late addition:

Matchmaking
  • We're introducing the latest changes to Matchmaking in HAWKEN with this patch. The goal is to rate pilots based on their skill so that all players experience fair fights with some variation in team skill composition. These changes are the next step towards achieving that goal, and we thank you in advance for being our live test subjects.
    • All players will be having their skill ratings reset. The purpose of this is to collect new, unadultered data on how the Matchmaking changes are performing. This does mean that your first match after this patch hits will be with pilots of a wide range of skill levels. Matchmaking will quickly "learn" more about you from this match and you should find yourself fighting pilots closer to your skill level within an hour's worth of matches.
    • Rankings originally only vested if pilots stayed in 75% of the entire match. Rankings will now vest if a much smaller fraction of the total match is played.
Nothing addressing how join-on-friends and team-switching circumvent the matchmaker entirely, making it, essentially, a glorified Quick Match function_

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#217 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts
  • Location[delete for trolling] --defter

Posted February 12 2013 - 10:06 PM

A late addition:

Matchmaking

Should i make a "how to exploit MM" thread_

have friend join on you stack team switch right before end of game = play nubs in siege/MA

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on March 15 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Oh don't always listen to h0B0. Lol.

#218 Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted February 12 2013 - 10:09 PM

Yay, the hellfires seem not to malfunction any more!

Thank you Devs.

Sadly the ability to hook shots seems greatly diminished if not completely gone.

#219 TURDxSANDWICH

TURDxSANDWICH

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted February 12 2013 - 11:12 PM

View Posth0B0, on February 12 2013 - 10:06 PM, said:

Should i make a "how to exploit MM" thread_

have friend join on you stack team switch right before end of game = play nubs in siege/MA

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on February 12 2013 - 09:47 PM, said:

Nothing addressing how join-on-friends and team-switching circumvent the matchmaker entirely, making it, essentially, a glorified Quick Match function_

I understand Im relatively new to this game and forum, but jeeze louise guys.  Until now, matchmaking has been nothing, an absolute zero, a disgrace, etc...

They finally do something real to address it, and you complain its not good enough.... within the first few hours of its release___ GIve it some time.  in my first go with it, i think it worked pretty well.  There was no dominant player in any of my games.  Sure, some were still bottom feeders, but no 20 - 1 - 14 types.

Still wish there would be some way to fix people not knowing or caring how to play seige.  Maybe forcing people to complete an actual tutorial on the game mode would help.

#220 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted February 12 2013 - 11:23 PM

View PostTURDxSANDWICH, on February 12 2013 - 11:12 PM, said:

I understand Im relatively new to this game and forum, but jeeze louise guys.  Until now, matchmaking has been nothing, an absolute zero, a disgrace, etc...
Well that just plain wrong. I mean geez bro, there's evidence that proves that wrong in the post I replied to.

They finally do something real to address it, and you complain its not good enough.... within the first few hours of its release___ GIve it some time.  in my first go with it, i think it worked pretty well.  There was no dominant player in any of my games.  Sure, some were still bottom feeders, but no 20 - 1 - 14 types.
How does changing the manner in which the MM works change the fact that you can COMPLETELY IGNORE IT_ This is technically not a problem with the ranking system itself, but with an external force that has an impact on the ranking system.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Patch, News, Game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users