HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

The Raider Update: Patch Notes

News Patch Game

• Please log in to reply
242 replies to this topic

#61 Conquistador

Conquistador

Holy Roman Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationAt the back of the North Wind

Posted March 01 2013 - 06:24 PM

View PostCaptainSoviet, on March 01 2013 - 06:09 PM, said:

Let us go back to the days of when the grenadier was good, and the rev-gl actually did something.

Soooo... Back to this_

I'd rather we not.

Edited by Conquistador, March 01 2013 - 06:24 PM.

Posted Image

#62 Frouste

Frouste

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted March 01 2013 - 06:24 PM

(old man voice) STAY a while and listen.
Best line ever.

Also, that high heat...  wow...

Edited by Frouste, March 01 2013 - 06:31 PM.

"... And I gazed once more unto the looking glass, but with a clear and unclouded will..."

#63 SilentJacket

SilentJacket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts
  • LocationInstallation 00b

Posted March 01 2013 - 06:27 PM

4 days <excitement!>

Posted Image

#64 labmice00

labmice00

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted March 01 2013 - 06:28 PM

Totally didn't expect all the new, sensible, balance changes. That, and the new mech/map and server browser, make me rather excited for this patch.

#65 SilentJacket

SilentJacket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts
  • LocationInstallation 00b

Posted March 01 2013 - 06:35 PM

View Postlabmice00, on March 01 2013 - 06:28 PM, said:

Totally didn't expect all the new, sensible, balance changes. That, and the new mech/map and server browser, make me rather excited for this patch.

wait, you didn't expect the huge update patch, or that they would be sensible_ :s

Posted Image

#66 labmice00

labmice00

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted March 01 2013 - 06:55 PM

View PostSilentJacket, on March 01 2013 - 06:35 PM, said:

View Postlabmice00, on March 01 2013 - 06:28 PM, said:

wait, you didn't expect the huge update patch, or that they would be sensible_ :s
I expected a lot of content to be added. However, I didn't expect all of these balance changes. I supposed they would be like the Reaper Update (small tweaks).

#67 Guiotine

Guiotine

Mech Collector

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts
  • Locationsomewhere between Illal and Eorzea

Posted March 01 2013 - 06:58 PM

(old man voice) STAY a while and listen. Back in my day, ss was a difficult class to play, and you got credit for being a credit to the team while also having a pretty big skill cap. Now it's easy, everyone uses it. It didn't need changing in the slightest, and I feel these nerfs are not going to add to the gameplay constructively. Let us go back to the days of few ss, and good ss. Let us go back to the days of when the grenadier was good, and the rev-gl actually did something. The rev-gl was fine before this patch. They already forced the Grenadier into a support position, this will make it almost non viable. That last bit was from my friend sicarius, however I also agree with him.

Sadly I could only read that in a Zealot's voice. He kept screaming "MY LIFE FOR AIUR" every now and then, so he was pretty annoying.

My general reaction to this patch:

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Posted Image[/font][font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Posted Image[/font][font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Posted Image[/font][font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Posted Image[/font][font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Posted Image[/font][font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image[/font]

Edited by Guiotine, March 01 2013 - 07:03 PM.

ReachH said:

I dub thee, Guiotine, 'Coloxxen, the mech pokemon'

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on July 02 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

This wall of text gets the AJK Seal of Approval.

#68 RedVan

RedVan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted March 01 2013 - 07:24 PM

SERVERRRRRRRRRR BROWSERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111ONE ONEONEONEONEFUCKINGONEONEONE!

#69 Dread_nought

Dread_nought

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted March 01 2013 - 07:46 PM

SO fuzzy bunny EXCITED

Also, I just got my Scout to 25, I'll have to abuse the hell out of the HEAT/TOW combo before the patch so I can do a before/after comparison. I have a feeling I'll enjoy the Flak more.

Edit: I'm thinking the +/- 300 requirement on the browser will be sobering, especially since a lot of people on my friends list are much better than me.

Edited by Dread_nought, March 01 2013 - 07:55 PM.

Posted Image

#70 RED_FIVE

RED_FIVE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationHangar Bay

Posted March 01 2013 - 07:47 PM

Dragonzhunter, on March 01 2013 - 04:17 PM, said:

I still don't see nothing about the fact if we can change the primary weapons or use points in optimize, between matches. And this one I think is one of the priority problem, like we can change the mechs also we should can change the primary weapons, or items. If I can ghange the mech after I died once, why I could not change the weapon of the mech_ and for this atm I must leave the match etc_

The developers are working on it. They want you to be able to swap weapons as well, but they're still testing that. Should be available soon though.

Posted Image

#71 RED_FIVE

RED_FIVE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationHangar Bay

Posted March 01 2013 - 07:56 PM

Futal, on March 01 2013 - 04:58 PM, said:

Still not able to switch load outs in the staging area :-(

They're working on that. One of the devs stated they wanted that just as bad as the players but are still testing it out.

Posted Image

#72 Major_Victory

Major_Victory

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted March 01 2013 - 07:57 PM

So 2 days of level 25 rocketeer and it just had its "Rocketeery-ness" removed. Explosive damage decreased, that's what this thing is good for. Hopefully this works out, I was enjoying the big guy, at least the EOC might be better now.

#73 [HWK]HUGHES

[HWK]HUGHES

the Drinker of Coffee

• Adhesive Games
  • 804 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted March 01 2013 - 08:13 PM

View PostFutal, on March 01 2013 - 04:58 PM, said:

Still not able to switch load outs in the staging area :-(

Please be patient a little while longer on this functionality. We have some things in the works that are related.

Jason Hughes
Producer || Adhesive Games || twitter: @digitalHUGHES

#74 Skopkin

Skopkin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted March 01 2013 - 08:15 PM

Overall these patch notes are fantastic and I am really looking forward to all the new things being added (especially the new map, which I hope is symmetrical due to being in team games only). But I do have one concern. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the Sharpshooter being indirectly buffed by the reduction of explosive damage and radii_ By that I mean that any explosive weapons will be less effective around corners which were previously one of the few weaknesses that the Sharpshooter had. This would theoretically give the SS a much easier time when dealing with these kinds of mechs as they would require being in line of sight more often to do their necessary damage. The SS are already considered by many to be slightly overpowered and this kind of indirect buff could drastically increase their effectiveness. This is all just theoretical of course, but I thought it might be worth mentioning.

Regardless, I am looking forward to the patch and all the wonderful things it has to offer.

#75 Twinmill33

Twinmill33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted March 01 2013 - 08:15 PM

This should be a fun patch. Thanks for the update.

#76 [HWK]HUGHES

[HWK]HUGHES

the Drinker of Coffee

• Adhesive Games
  • 804 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted March 01 2013 - 08:23 PM

View PostStealth_303, on March 01 2013 - 04:16 PM, said:

no clan tags .... please let them be available March 5th -- MUCH LOVE HAWKEN TEAM

Not on the 5th I'm afraid but don't give up hope!

Jason Hughes
Producer || Adhesive Games || twitter: @digitalHUGHES

#77 Dackstrus

Dackstrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • LocationKami's Lookout

Posted March 01 2013 - 08:27 PM

For the first time i can say,

NOT A SINGLE BAD THING HERE.

GG, you've also figured out how to patchnote. Enjoy.

Now fix people missing their freds.

Edited by Dackstrus, March 01 2013 - 08:30 PM.

One should always know better...
I don't speak often. But when I do...
Vanguard: Fat@$$
Berserker: Drammel
R.I.P. Assault of Alpha 2: Popo The Black

#78 GenoGX

GenoGX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted March 01 2013 - 08:29 PM

Good patch and all but where is my Fred will I get him this patch_

#79 Akrium

Akrium

Mean Kitty

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted March 01 2013 - 08:30 PM

For those saying that the infiltrator is dead.. this patch just made them super interesting all over again.

If you can't figure out why.. you will soon enough as I know some ppl were picking up on it pre patch. And with the patch the mech just got more deadly.

#80 [HWK]HAGER

[HWK]HAGER

QA Lead

• Adhesive Games
  • 106 posts

Posted March 01 2013 - 08:31 PM

View PostShadowGTR, on March 01 2013 - 06:20 PM, said:

Wow, this is a massive patch! So much stuff, it's almost like the holidays! Can't wait for this patch to land! Thanks, devs!

Great to hear. You are very welcome!
Richard Hager
AP || Adhesive Games || twitter: @hwkhager

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: News, Patch, Game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users