HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Analyzing the Raider Patch

Community Beta News Patch Video

• Please log in to reply
259 replies to this topic

#41 FighterHayabusa

FighterHayabusa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted March 06 2013 - 01:16 AM

View PostBeemann, on March 06 2013 - 01:01 AM, said:

View PostFighterHayabusa, on March 06 2013 - 12:52 AM, said:

Ah, I love seeing people talk down to others in order to try and make a point.  Here, let me try:  If you get chased down, maybe this isn't the game for you.

If you turn your back to a Raider and try to run, then you're only getting what you asked for.  The ability doesn't mean very much if they stand and fight, which is what you should actually do against one.
If you'll note, the conversation was about the scout's ability and running away, and that the raider outruns A mechs
If you could, in the future, read everything, that'd be great (and I mean that sincerely. I find these sorts of post annoying to reply to, as they hold up the conversation)
Additionally, my point was already made with the video and weapon stats
It would also be great if you'd make a cogent point, but we can't always get what we want; however, if you try sometime, you might find, you get what you need.

Why would you ever run from a mech that's made to chase you_  I guess if you aren't very smart you might try that.  However, running with your back away from the enemy in this game wasn't a very good plan even before the Raider.  Your Scout tears both please and sustain me though.

#42 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted March 06 2013 - 01:24 AM

View PostFighterHayabusa, on March 06 2013 - 01:16 AM, said:

View PostBeemann, on March 06 2013 - 01:01 AM, said:

View PostFighterHayabusa, on March 06 2013 - 12:52 AM, said:

Ah, I love seeing people talk down to others in order to try and make a point.  Here, let me try:  If you get chased down, maybe this isn't the game for you.

If you turn your back to a Raider and try to run, then you're only getting what you asked for.  The ability doesn't mean very much if they stand and fight, which is what you should actually do against one.
If you'll note, the conversation was about the scout's ability and running away, and that the raider outruns A mechs
If you could, in the future, read everything, that'd be great (and I mean that sincerely. I find these sorts of post annoying to reply to, as they hold up the conversation)
Additionally, my point was already made with the video and weapon stats
It would also be great if you'd make a cogent point, but we can't always get what we want; however, if you try sometime, you might find, you get what you need.

Why would you ever run from a mech that's made to chase you_  I guess if you aren't very smart you might try that.  However, running with your back away from the enemy in this game wasn't a very good plan even before the Raider.  Your Scout tears both please and sustain me though.
Derp. Beemann doesn't play Scout.
But I guess if you aren't very smart, you start making silly assumptions like that.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#43 Azrael39

Azrael39

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted March 06 2013 - 01:33 AM

The mechs in this game are all very well balanced.  I haven't seen Raiders dominating today they generally are even in kills and deaths.  Except for Umbre who was playing with a very strong partner in Poetess.  Umbre went 25 and 0 and Poetess was 10 and 0 in one match in their Raiders.  Way to go ladies laying the smack down on the boys.

I am so glad the HEAT got rebalanced.
Sharpshooter lvl 25, Berserker lvl 25, Scout lvl 25, Bruiser lvl 25, CRT lvl 25, Brawler lvl 25, Infiltrator lvl 25, Reaper lvl 25, Rocketeer lvl 25, Raider lvl 25, Technician lvl 25, Grenadier lvl 25, Assault lvl 25

Good luck and have fun see you on the Battlefields!

#44 Guiotine

Guiotine

Mech Collector

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts
  • Locationsomewhere between Illal and Eorzea

Posted March 06 2013 - 01:34 AM

:blink:Where was I when this mad catfight went down, yo

Edited by Guiotine, March 06 2013 - 01:34 AM.

ReachH said:

I dub thee, Guiotine, 'Coloxxen, the mech pokemon'

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on July 02 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

This wall of text gets the AJK Seal of Approval.

#45 Jintonic

Jintonic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted March 06 2013 - 02:09 AM

hellfire, oh god why

#46 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted March 06 2013 - 02:19 AM

So, anyone at level 25 yet_ I'm curious to see how it gets. I'm up to 20 with about 6-8hrs more to go (sometime tomorrow I suppose)

Posted Image

#47 SilentJacket

SilentJacket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts
  • LocationInstallation 00b

Posted March 06 2013 - 05:05 AM

View Postnokari, on March 06 2013 - 02:19 AM, said:

So, anyone at level 25 yet_ I'm curious to see how it gets. I'm up to 20 with about 6-8hrs more to go (sometime tomorrow I suppose)

jesus, how are you doing that_

Posted Image

#48 space_

space_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationIt came from space

Posted March 06 2013 - 05:40 AM

Personally I find the reason the Raider seems so OP right now is all the servers are full of raiders LOL.  Once people Develope tactics tto fight them and B) start using support classes again then the OPness will ware off.

When nobody is playing a ranged class, and ranged classes are the class that devestate raiders then its pretty easy to just fuzzy bunny with it,  It's way to early to tell need to give people some time to figure out how it fits into the game once servers arn't all raider anymore.

This kind of happened with heat scout and inf.. servers were just packed with them initially then people started crushing a classes with brawlers.  The game is a huge tool box and just becuase one tool, in this case the scout, gets fuzzy bunny by anotther tool (raider) that doesnt mean there doesnt exist another tool in the box which can counter it.

Personally the bruiser.. although previously useless, and the rocketeer destroy raiders.  Running around getting fuzzy bunny faced by hellfires.  Hellfires are faster then the raider I checked.

Edited by space_, March 06 2013 - 05:41 AM.

"Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the Gun."

"THREE!"

#49 meeba

meeba

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted March 06 2013 - 06:58 AM

View PostSilentJacket, on March 06 2013 - 05:05 AM, said:

jesus, how are you doing that_

I haven't played that much but my raider is level 17 or 18, I forgot about my vanguard codes so enabled 2x xp and I leave a lot of siege games with 10-20k xp :)

I find siege is great for the raider since everyone is around the aa, even if you miss the ricochet usually hit something.

#50 machmanx

machmanx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted March 06 2013 - 07:02 AM

I have issues with the Raider.  Since it was advertised as a very close range mech, I expected this to be the best one-on-one combat mech.  But it's not.  I can do better in my Berserker than in the Raider.  Mostly the Raider overheats.  I was expecting its weapons to be more powerful.  In fact, I wouldn't mind sacrificing its medium range for more powerful, up close weapons.  If this mech is advertised as very close, then it should be very powerful at that range.

Eh, it's ok now.  I was just sucking on the new map.

Edited by machmanx, March 10 2013 - 02:55 PM.

Me Built PC | Win 8 Pro | AMD Phenom II X4 B60 | Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 (314.22) | 8GB DDR3
DESKTOP CLEAN Nvidia Driver Install | LAPTOP CLEAN Nvidia Driver Install | PhysX Helpful Info

#51 TheChaffeemancer

TheChaffeemancer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted March 06 2013 - 07:26 AM

View Postmachmanx, on March 06 2013 - 07:02 AM, said:

I have issues with the Raider.  Since it was advertised as a very close range mech, I expected this to be the best one-on-one combat mech.  But it's not.  I can do better in my Berserker than in the Raider.  Mostly the Raider overheats.  I was expecting its weapons to be more powerful.  In fact, I wouldn't mind sacrificing its medium range for more powerful, up close weapons.  If this mech is advertised as very close, then it should be very powerful at that range.

This baffles Kiwi greatly, especially since no one seems to have an issue with the fact that the Raider has a 240 damage rocket shotgun secondary with a spread so small you can still hit nearly all projectiles at max range (at least against a C). Would you be happier if it did 400 damage with that rocket shotgun_

The default grenade launcher mode is fun, though needs a bit of tweaking.

Any idea of the raider being seen as weak at the moment is mostly due to the fact that those players haven't figured out how to really play Raider. Also the secondary has an occasional shot doesn't actually exist bug, so that's an issue to.

Edited by TheChaffeemancer, March 06 2013 - 07:28 AM.

Beep beep, Kiwi's a Chaffeemancer.

#52 Brando01

Brando01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted March 06 2013 - 08:40 AM

Yeah, the secondary is bugged in some way shape or form in that I would shoot and see the HUD showing the reload time yet there was no graphic for the shot nor no damage taken by my target.

EOC Inf's are crazy strong right now, had a TDM vs. 3 of them and it was almost a joke.  You're constantly getting hit by mines once combat starts.

I had almost no luck dodging a locked hellfire salvo, either you have cover or you don't.

Really liking the new map and there were 24 man mayhem servers open last night which was hilarious on Sahara, think at one point there were 12 SS's on the field.

#53 RentAKnight

RentAKnight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted March 06 2013 - 08:43 AM

View Posth0B0, on March 05 2013 - 04:59 PM, said:

Also added weapon damage in the spreadsheet found here https://docs.google....lrQjM5Tmc#gid=0 Remember to scroll to the right.

Can you please make the Black "Weapon Name" row a part of the locked header so that I don't have to scroll up and down to know which column I'm looking at. :)
Inactive.

#54 RentAKnight

RentAKnight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted March 06 2013 - 08:47 AM

heat scout is still top tier.  it won't be going away.

raider ability requires fuel to get full use out of it, while the other useful mech abilities are not as dependent on another mechanic.

If you are up close with your raider you probably should be burning your fuel to manuever around to come out ahead in shot for shot.  This leaves you fuel starved.  The ability has opportunity cost because of it's dependency on fuel.
Inactive.

#55 StutterStep

StutterStep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted March 06 2013 - 08:51 AM

View PostRentAKnight, on March 06 2013 - 08:47 AM, said:

Because of stun lock, or aoe still okay_  Just curious, since I haven't been able to play post patch yet.

#56 RentAKnight

RentAKnight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted March 06 2013 - 08:51 AM

View PostBeemann, on March 05 2013 - 06:37 PM, said:

Fastest speed in the game+shooting at that speed > adding more fuel, end of story

I disagree lol

View PostBeemann, on March 05 2013 - 06:37 PM, said:

If you cant secure a kill on someone running in a straight line, this isn't the game for you
If you can't kill someone during the chase with a total initial burst of 450, then this isn't the game for you
If you seriously run in and get "trapped" in a comp mach, then maybe comp isn't for you

All of this happened to me last night while playing, this game probably isn't for me.

Will you please make propositions instead of speaking in absolute truths.
Inactive.

#57 RentAKnight

RentAKnight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted March 06 2013 - 08:53 AM

View PostStutterStep, on March 06 2013 - 08:51 AM, said:

View PostRentAKnight, on March 06 2013 - 08:47 AM, said:

Because of stun lock, or aoe still okay_  Just curious, since I haven't been able to play post patch yet.

Not because of stun lock but because of having duel explosive projectiles.  The only combination that can dish out consistent damage without ever giving line of sight.  This style will always be effective unless explosions are severely nerfed into the ground.
Inactive.

#58 Rekkr

Rekkr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted March 06 2013 - 09:00 AM

I honestly don't get too many opportunities to use my ability with the Raider to chase people.  I normally use it as a gap closer (given that the rest of my team is quickly incoming).  Generally when people run, it's because their team is there to privide cover-fire for them.  I guess it might be a bit different in Deathmatch, but I usually only play Siege, and TDM.  Why would you run from a mech that was designed to kill you while chasing_

The only issue I see is with it's initial burst damage.  If I can get the jump on you, you're toast.  I fire my MIRV, my REFLAK, and launch a detonater at you, and you are nearly dead in 1 second.  Follow up with a few more REFLAK shots and you are crumbling apart in smoke and fire in front of me.

#59 Cpt_Kill_Jack

Cpt_Kill_Jack

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationCastle Rock, CO

Posted March 06 2013 - 09:02 AM

Today or should I say this morning many more people are figuring out how to deal with the Raider. Its becoming balanced by the people playing adapting to the changed environment. Yes it does massive amounts a damage but its nullified by enemy movement and team play.

#60 TheChaffeemancer

TheChaffeemancer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted March 06 2013 - 09:12 AM

View PostCpt_Kill_Jack, on March 06 2013 - 09:02 AM, said:

Today or should I say this morning many more people are figuring out how to deal with the Raider. Its becoming balanced by the people playing adapting to the changed environment. Yes it does massive amounts a damage but its nullified by enemy movement and team play.

Damage output is bloody cray cray. It is cray cray to the max. You want to know how cray-cray_

This is initial burst with no internals/optimizations

With bolt, mirv, and detonator

120+240+175

Congrats, you are now Insta-gibbing A-Classes, on a mech with an ability that lets them catch A Classes.

Now if said mech reaches 25 and get an EOC (assuming the full burst hits, of course)

210+240+175

Congrats, now not only are you insta-gibbing A's, on your next shot you are killing B's and a C is at 225 HP.

Now add on top of this an ability that goes faster then anything in the game and can shoot while doing so. If you can't see why this is OP, Kiwi can't help you.

There is no "adapting" to insta-gibs.

Edited by TheChaffeemancer, March 06 2013 - 09:12 AM.

Beep beep, Kiwi's a Chaffeemancer.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Community, Beta, News, Patch, Video

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users