HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

If The Patch Bombs What Then_

• Please log in to reply
216 replies to this topic

#41 M4st0d0n

M4st0d0n

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted July 26 2013 - 02:56 PM

Anyway it's too hard to kill a free to play game. Hawken will choose to die and that's not the' case. If people disappointed by the next patch will leave they'll be replaced.

Edited by M4st0d0n, July 26 2013 - 02:56 PM.

#42 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationColumbia Internet

Posted July 26 2013 - 03:55 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on July 26 2013 - 11:21 AM, said:

I might be playing a lot of Payday 2 in the near future...

I already AM playing a lot of Payday 2.
And Borderlands 1 and 2.
And Metro : Last Light.
And i'll be playing ROTT once it releases.

As for the patch, if it changes too many things for the worse, i'll be out of the game, and re-asses on a patch by patch basis.
I've spent stoo much time hoping for improvements, only to see the game go from OP combo to OP combo, so i'm really done giving any change more than a few games of trial and error time.
I know exactly how long i need to adjust to new mechanics, and if after that period i'm not happy, then i'll be out for quite a while.

View PostGodsHolyMember, on July 26 2013 - 11:35 AM, said:

If there's blood in the water
Posted Image
...There are alternatives

An EA game that will once again force that Origin junk on me _
I'd rather just die.
They fooled me once with BF3, not falling for that shizzle again.
Same as with GFWL or Uplay, if i see a game sports that nonsense, it's on my 'not a Snowball's chance in Hell' list.

Edited by Dread_Lord_Pitr, July 26 2013 - 03:55 PM.

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. -George Orwell's Animal Farm
BEGIN Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK
GCS d_ s: a- C++++ UL++++ P+++ L++++ E--- W+(++) N++ o+++ K+++ w--- !O M-- V-- PS+++ PE+++ Y(++) PGP+++ t* 5(-) X R- tv- b- DI-- D- G++ e++ h* r% y_
END Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK

#43 Wondrz

Wondrz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • LocationWonderland

Posted July 26 2013 - 03:58 PM

Crisis 3_ joke, i dont think this game will flop but if it does i only got 1 choice, its to play TF2 or download planetside 2
Posted Image

#44 Analysis

Analysis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted July 26 2013 - 04:13 PM

This patch will probably determine if I return or completely abandon the game.

Currently playing Halo 4 (snipers and legendary slayer) and Starcraft 2. I'm looking forward to Magicka Wizard Wars though.

#45 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts
  • Location[delete for trolling] --defter

Posted July 26 2013 - 08:07 PM

*looks at thread title*
*looks at OPs name*
Posted Image

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on March 15 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Oh don't always listen to h0B0. Lol.

#46 dEd101

dEd101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted July 26 2013 - 08:17 PM

View PostDread_Lord_Pitr, on July 26 2013 - 03:55 PM, said:

And i'll be playing ROTT once it releases.

I didn't know they were doing another Rise Of The Triad. Now I'm excited (and old)
General tips and tricks: https://community.pl...-tricks-thread/
Wolfyftw videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wolfyFTW (click on the 'Mindgamer' episodes)
Promo Codes (free money): https://community.pl...90-promo-codes/
Stats (all credit to AsianJoyKiller and the other contributors): https://docs.google....lrQjM5Tmc#gid=0 (don't forget to scroll right)

#47 OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts
  • Locationsomewhere beyond time and space (-5 GMT)

Posted July 26 2013 - 08:25 PM

FYI to the HAB haters, we were chosen first to represent the rest of you guys because we are viewed as CORE community members. We have made our selves known and have been around since alpha, some of us even before that. Our opinions really do matter. Being a HAB tester is not all sunshine, rainbows and unicorns. We have to find bugs, decide if somthing is fuzzy bunny or not, and walk into the same wall 12,000 times to try and find terrain bugs. If you guys got somthing you didn't want because nobody listened to the people who were asked to speak up, then you would just blame HAB testers for that. Some one has blamed us for being elitist ect. But in fact we just don't want to be stuck with somthing that we hate. It is our job to make sure everything is fair, balanced and not unreasonable for newbs and vets alike.
If you want to play something that has major problems, be my guest. But be warned, you may not always like what you wish for.

because bow ties are cool

#48 Xuande

Xuande

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • LocationShai Hulud

Posted July 26 2013 - 08:34 PM

If it bombs, I'm probably gonna take another break. Now that progression is at a standstill, I just pop in and play maybe 1 or 2 games for sheer fun then log off. Not much else to do.
Ol' Betsy || CR-T Recruit   Jethro || Raider
Jim Bob || Beserker    Big Bertha || Brawler
Bubba || Bruiser            Billy-Bob || Technician
Bobby-Joe || Reaper
My name is pronounced (Shuahn-duuh) not (Juan-dee).

#49 DieselCat

DieselCat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • LocationSunny South Florida

Posted July 26 2013 - 09:00 PM

If the patch doesn't meet up to expectations, though personally I believe it will be a substantial success, I can always go back to playing Mechwarrior 3 or 4. I hope it doesn't have to come to that.... :blink:

*+
Posted Image
Just Relax...and take life one game at a time...

#50 NBShoot_me

NBShoot_me

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted July 26 2013 - 09:12 PM

If it bombs_  I'll stick around till the bitter end... on teh forums at least. :ph34r:

#51 Xer06siX

Xer06siX

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • LocationRunning around like a Chicken.

Posted July 26 2013 - 09:24 PM

Guys....I think the game is extremely fun to play as is, save for a few team balance issues. I just cant wait for more maps and maybe some new game types, perhaps a few other minor adjustments but basically I have all faith in the Devs to deliver a supreme product at a cost of ZERO to the consumer.

Edited by Xer06siX, July 26 2013 - 09:26 PM.

Previously known as §îlvër-§érpênt

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]Candy! Taste like Chicken, if Chicken was a Candy![/font]

Posted Image

"Since they are all going to go crazy anyway, may as well send crazy people in the first place and save the trouble..." -M

#52 Gunmoku

Gunmoku

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • LocationThe mystical, magical land of Right Over There

Posted July 26 2013 - 09:26 PM

View PostDread_Lord_Pitr, on July 26 2013 - 03:55 PM, said:

View PostGodsHolyMember, on July 26 2013 - 11:35 AM, said:

If there's blood in the water
Posted Image
...There are alternatives

An EA game that will once again force that Origin junk on me _
I'd rather just die.
They fooled me once with BF3, not falling for that shizzle again.
Same as with GFWL or Uplay, if i see a game sports that nonsense, it's on my 'not a Snowball's chance in Hell' list.

Titanfall will not be an Origin exclusive, Respawn Entertainment (the actual developers) are securing a Steam release as well.  Also, U-Play is not as bad as people make it out to be.  If only makes its presence known when you boot up or exit a game.  It's very non-invasive.  Even Origin isn't THAT bad, it's just a forced DRM method like Steam, but it just doesn't handle itself as well.  EA is slowly making a turn for the better, despite some bad flops recently, but I think the next-gen is a real good start for them.

As for the question at hand_  The "2.0" update won't bomb.  At least in not delivering its promises, for sure.  This is where Hawken makes a major turning point towards a full launch, and it's likely going to come in with relative ease.  The HAB program will likely iron out the final chinks in the armor and give us a superior experience, rather than the game come in out of a mostly sterile testing environment and encounter problem after problem.  It's likely going to be a rough few weeks post-patch for us to adjust to the new game, find the new "meta" at hand, and then rightfully chime in on the forums.  Some people will fuzzy bunny and moan (likely about nothing that actually needs fixing), some will quit, and some of us will give the proper feedback and keep this game going into the next big update.  I look forward to the future of this game, and I hope a lot of you will too.

View PostRED_FIVE, on September 04 2013 - 08:20 PM, said:

YER A RAIDER, HARRY.

#53 Xer06siX

Xer06siX

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • LocationRunning around like a Chicken.

Posted July 26 2013 - 09:31 PM

Promises of the patch are a derivation of the manifestations of coding and testing. Patch notes deliver near 100% of the expected outcome simply because they can know only what they have made.

Edited by Xer06siX, July 26 2013 - 09:32 PM.

Previously known as §îlvër-§érpênt

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]Candy! Taste like Chicken, if Chicken was a Candy![/font]

Posted Image

"Since they are all going to go crazy anyway, may as well send crazy people in the first place and save the trouble..." -M

#54 NBShoot_me

NBShoot_me

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted July 27 2013 - 12:08 AM

Well, and even if the patch is good, keep your fingers crossed the devs can fix whatever has been causing the lagging issues I've seen people complaining about.

#55 Grizzled

Grizzled

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted July 27 2013 - 06:06 AM

ehh, I doubt they will make any changes I don't like, at least based on the objectives of the next patch. If I need a break, I will probably go back and finish out the borderlands 2 content and do the next play through with my siren.
Iligetimi carborundum est

#56 DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted July 27 2013 - 07:26 AM

The only way the patch can bomb is if the devs won't listen to the HAB. Otherwise I'm pretty positive the game will get much better than it is right now.

#57 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted July 27 2013 - 07:34 AM

View PostGunmoku, on July 26 2013 - 09:26 PM, said:

Also, U-Play is not as bad as people make it out to be.

Tell that to the unused copy of Assassin's Creed 3 i have that i can't play because Uplay keeps bugging out on my pc, even after a fresh windows install.
(and even after switching to a different mobo).

As for Titanfall, interesting, as it seems it's been made on SRC engine, but unles i see any Steam announcements i'll remain sceptical, since EA is the publisher.

Edited by Dread_Lord_Pitr, July 27 2013 - 07:44 AM.

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. -George Orwell's Animal Farm
GCS d_ s: a- C++++ UL++++ P+++ L++++ E--- W+(++) N++ o+++ K+++ w--- !O M-- V-- PS+++ PE+++ Y(++) PGP+++ t* 5(-) X R- tv- b- DI-- D- G++ e++ h* r% y_

#58 OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts
  • Locationsomewhere beyond time and space (-5 GMT)

Posted July 27 2013 - 07:55 AM

FYI, besides the obvious differences, for all intents and purposes origion is the same as steam. People just don't want to use a different service.

because bow ties are cool

#59 Blingchicken

Blingchicken

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationThe Pit of Despair!

Posted July 27 2013 - 08:07 AM

I have full confidence this upcoming patch will not bomb.  I have faith in them.  I feel that, even though a bit slow, in my eyes they have delivered on all their promises in the past patches.  But, if by some fluke, its does tank_  I will still stick with it.  I love this game.

#60 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted July 27 2013 - 08:07 AM

Odin, Origin uses up resources like nobody's business (up to a few mb's of RAM at times, and uses quite a lot of CPU% even on my i7 3820  running at 4.2Ghz), and is far less of an addition to one's gaming experience when compared to Steam.
Not to mention it's game list is fairly much EA exclusive.
So comparing it to Steam seems silly, it's more like EA going 'well we don't want to share with you, and we disagree with keeping games patched and servers up and running in proper time, so we'll just invent our own platform so we can set our own terms'.
And that's fine, if it was optional.
But it isn't, so yeah...

Edited by Dread_Lord_Pitr, July 27 2013 - 08:09 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users