HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Ragequitters: Solutions

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

Poll: Ragequitters (113 member(s) have cast votes)

Should ragequitters/people that regularily drop from games have a silent statistic that pairs them off with like minded players_

1. Yes (60 votes [53.10%])

Percentage of vote: 53.10%

2. No (53 votes [46.90%])

Percentage of vote: 46.90%

Would you support a drop rating statistic_

1. Yes (73 votes [64.60%])

Percentage of vote: 64.60%

2. No (40 votes [35.40%])

Percentage of vote: 35.40%

Should a player that drops from a match, not be allowed to join a similar match until the original match was complete_

1. Yes (54 votes [47.79%])

Percentage of vote: 47.79%

2. No (42 votes [37.17%])

Percentage of vote: 37.17%

3. I have an alternative solution {elaborate below} (13 votes [11.50%])

Percentage of vote: 11.50%

4. Quitting is part of the strategy who cares about balance! (4 votes [3.54%])

Percentage of vote: 3.54%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted January 15 2014 - 01:05 PM

I have a great idea!
As we have a star system to rate the best games for us...

Can we have a hidden stat for rage quitters too so they can be ranked together and play with similar minded people_

People want the best gaming experience possible. So I figure it would be better for people that frequently drop games to be matched against people that enjoy a similar skill.
Deathmatch would be the only match this could not apply to.

This would get these "frequent flyers" into matches with similar drop ratings.
If you have a track record of leaving matches before completion you cannot join a similar match {another siege for example} until your original match is done. You could however join a DM, TDM or MA during that time keeping in mind that if you drop from that match you will to be able to join another {DM, TDM, MA} until that one is done as well.

Example:

Player drops/quits Siege which isn't done for another 30 min from point of exit,
Result: Can't join another Siege for 30 min
Player joins a Missile Assault, also quits/drops match goes on for another 25 min from point of exit,
Result: Can't join another Missile Assault for 25 min
Player joins a TDM and drops/quits match goes for another 10 minutes.
Result: Can't join another TDM for 10 min
Player could join a DM as it's all that's left.

Assuming that a player drops matches regularly the result would be cumulative.
Want to improve your drop stats_
Stay in the game to decrease your drop rating.
Result: Get matches where people don't quit and matches stay balanced.

This puts the frustration on the dropping player and not on the team he was matched to.
This system would provide incentive to stick it out.
They either get a better internet connection or quit leaving a game. Better yet, they quit playing a team based game altogether. Deathmatch would be their only saving grace.

What do you think_
USE THE "LIKE POST" TO EXCERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO VOTE!
Like this post if you agree with me.

#2 DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted January 15 2014 - 01:16 PM

There are many valid reasons to leave a match either voluntarily or involuntarily. How are you going to differentiate between ragequitters and people with an odd PC configuration leading to frequent game crashes or PC reboots_

#3 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted January 15 2014 - 01:23 PM

The penalty maybe too much ! if all rage-quitters can't join SG for 30 mins ; you won't play HAWKEn anymore ! only training and COBD :P

Posted Image

#4 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted January 15 2014 - 01:24 PM

Alternatively : NEW STAT : REPUTATION !!!! TYG SOLVED !

Posted Image

#5 LostlnPlace

LostlnPlace

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted January 15 2014 - 01:43 PM

yah.....what if the person DC's or what if the person has to go back to real life_ they should be punished for that_ No. the only solution that imo would work..... maybe have like some stat next to there name if they rq on a regular basis just so ppl can know... 2nd they cant join another match except the one they left until its over...

just my 2 cents.

EDIT : Also alot of times i dont blame people for leaving... like who wants to play when u loose 30-2 ... like i dont wanna play with a team that just plays rambo... some ppl like keeping there profile good... but if u just dieing alot cuz your team is just sitting in a spot playing sneak and shoot while u trying to get fuzzy bunny done... alone.... then fk ya i would leave to fk that team...

RageQuitters are not the problem for 1 sided teams most time ppl leave... someone joins the game not long after... only reason stuff gets 1 sided is because teams dont work like a team .. if 1 team is having team work group effort to win and the others are jsut running off alone because they think its DM.. then yea the team work team will stomp the other team... Ragequiters are not the problem lets get serious guys...

Edited by LostlnPlace, January 15 2014 - 01:50 PM.

#6 palad1ne

palad1ne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • Locationuninstalled

Posted January 15 2014 - 01:52 PM

not to mention the guys who are leaving the Match because of the fear loosing precious MMR, which becomes again very trendy after the Patch yesterday.

#7 Fazel

Fazel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted January 15 2014 - 01:55 PM

View Post-Tj-, on January 01 2014 - 12:06 PM, said:

I Liked One Suggestion Made Before: Restrict Players From Being Able To Play For A Specified Amount Of Time If They Quit A Match Early. Further Developing This Idea, Maybe They Could Make The First Infraction A 5 Minute Lock-Out, And Make It So That You Can Only Re-Join A Game You Were Just In, So That If You Did Get Disconnected By Accident, Either By Your ISP or Computer's Fault, Or By Their Game Servers (Which Does Happen), You Can Reclaim Your Spot And Continue Playing. If Further QQs Are Made, The Lock-Out Could Be Increased To 10 Minutes, And So On. You Could Also Apply This Only To Players Who Have Actually Jumped In And Played For A Bit Before Quitting Because They Didn't Like The Scores They Were Dropped Into (You Can Still Check The Scores And Who's Playing Before You Actually Play, Afterall).

(Not Really Sure You Typed Your Post With Capitalized Words... It's Hard To Read And Difficult To Type Like This :P)

Best solution read until now

Sorry for my english ;P

"Go then. There are other worlds than these"

Jake, Gunslinger

#8 Cannonaire

Cannonaire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationUSW

Posted January 15 2014 - 02:08 PM

I voted no for everything. I made a response on another thread like this; I will quote my post from there.

View PostCannonaire, on January 03 2014 - 01:08 AM, said:

I have to leave matches randomly, and sometimes many times in a single day. It has nothing to do with my schedule or other avoidable issues. When I have to go, I can be in a great game or a bad one. I can be on the winning side or the losing side. I try to stay in matches until the end, and I do for the most part, but sometimes I join games and have to leave right away multiple times. This is how it is for me, and the only way to avoid it entirely would be to stop playing Hawken altogether.

The very worst thing you could do to someone in my situation is to give me a permanent brand that marks me as undesirable. I have played with a lot of you guys, and I'll let you guys decide for yourselves whether my words hold any weight.

People leaving early to preserve stats is a problem, but there must be a better way to fix it than blindly marking everyone who happens to leave with no regard for the reason. I'm sorry I don't have any solutions to offer right now, but a different perspective should be helpful for finding a good one. Thank you for reading.

(One last thing: If I have planned in advance to be in a specific match, I will not leave unless there is a real emergency or a disconnect. There is a big difference between something planned and something ad-lib.)

Punishment for gameplay errors is a way to make gameplay fun and challenging. Punishment for leaving games early is a community issue, and it has the potential to stigmatize players whether they have intentionally caused harm or done nothing wrong at all.

Edited by Cannonaire, January 15 2014 - 02:12 PM.

Cannonaire - Think millionaire, but with cannons.
HC/MC Calculator (thread) UPDATED 2013/12/21

#9 UncleBlitz

UncleBlitz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Location...ǝp¡s ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ uo

Posted January 15 2014 - 02:43 PM

should be part of the stats : % of finished or not matches and what % while loosing or wining.....and then the devs/mods can send warnings or punishments after setting limits/rules on this....RL obligations are for everyone the sames and it cant affect the wining or loosing %age....imho :D

Edited by UncleBlitz, January 15 2014 - 02:44 PM.

#10 VYR3

VYR3

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted January 15 2014 - 03:02 PM

I don't see why leaving a crappy match early needs a penalty :wacko:

#11 UncleBlitz

UncleBlitz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Location...ǝp¡s ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ uo

Posted January 15 2014 - 03:12 PM

perhaps because we dont have a switch team button anymore and because it s just killing the team balance and pushing the defeat deeper for thoses who stay and try to addapt...
leaving a crappy match isnt really a problem but leaving it only when u loose can be one...

#12 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted January 15 2014 - 03:31 PM

View PostVYR3, on January 15 2014 - 03:02 PM, said:

I don't see why leaving a crappy match early needs a penalty :wacko:
Because this is Unsportsmanlike conduct! Just a selfishness. You deliberately make a match of no interest to the other players. I won many times when it seemed that hope to win anymore. At the last moment. But I can not win when I play 3 vs 6.
5 vs 6 - it's OK. It's hard, but not impossible, but 3, 4 vs 6...

Today I play in siege, after 2 min, I play 2 vs 6. And nobody press f12. And you know what_ I did not leave, just to not be such a pathetic cowards, as my team.

Edited by nepacaka, January 15 2014 - 03:32 PM.

#13 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts

Posted January 15 2014 - 03:40 PM

Player drops/quits Siege which isn't done for another 30 min from point of exit, Result: Can't join another Siege for 30 min Player joins a Missile Assault, also quits/drops match goes on for another 25 min from point of exit, Result: Can't join another Missile Assault for 25 min Player joins a TDM and drops/quits match goes for another 10 minutes. Result: Can't join another TDM for 10 min Player could join a DM as it's all that's left.
It does not work. This is just annoying player. And he eventually remove Hawken.
Why_
With this system of penalties PLAYER STILL LEAVE THE MATCH. and then gets punished. But he leave.

Need more tolerant decision, but Idk how_

Edited by nepacaka, January 15 2014 - 03:42 PM.

#14 hendman

hendman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted January 15 2014 - 03:41 PM

So instead of people leaving because they are frustrated, you rather have them go afk and idle to avoid a penalty_ If they get kicked for idling it is not a ragequit, but a system action. :)

#15 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts

Posted January 15 2014 - 03:57 PM

Need some sort of incentive, in which the player better have play time, than leave.

I have an idea too.
Create "Ranked" game. Players can play in ranked if his rating more 1800 (for example)
- If you leave from match 1 times - you have a "Leavers mark" on 10 minutes.
- If you leave from match 2 times - you have a "LM" on 30 min.
- If you leave from match 3 times - you have a "LM" on 2 hrs.
- If you leave from match 4 and more times - "LM" on 1 day (maximum punishment)
- If you leave from Ranked game 2 times - "LM" on 1 day
And...
With "Leavers mark" you can play in any game mode, but you can't play in "ranked".

I think it's a good incentive. And it is also possible to be ranked increased earnings HC by 10%. I think it's more cheering method.

Edited by nepacaka, January 15 2014 - 04:02 PM.

#16 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts

Posted January 15 2014 - 04:16 PM

Second variant
- If you leave from 5 matches in one day - have a " Insufficient brave medal" on 5 matches.
- When you have a IB Medal, you earn only 90% HC. IB medal deleted when you play 5 matches without leave.
- If you have IB Medal and leave again, the result is reset, and you need to play 5 next games to get rid of medal.

- If you don't leave 10 match in a row (in one day), you gain a "Brave enough medal" on next 5 match
- If you have "brave medal" in next 5 macth you gain 110% earn HC.
- After 5 games, you will need to play another 10 matches to get brave medal again.

A medal does not work time. Get rid of it can only be played needs amount of matches.

Edited by nepacaka, January 15 2014 - 04:25 PM.

#17 Cannonaire

Cannonaire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationUSW

Posted January 15 2014 - 04:35 PM

I don't have much of a problem with nepa's second variant as long as it has no permanent stat associated with it. It wouldn't be ideal for me, but my situation isn't ideal anyway. I'm just tired of seeing threads like this where people complain about people leaving. There is definitely a problem, but it's a delicate topic and it would be easy to cause worse problems with proposed solutions.

I think that quitters will quit regardless of penalty, and any attempt to quash their freedom to do so will interfere with the ability of other players to enjoy the game. It is more acceptable to let the 'disruptive few' leave matches unimpeded than it is to impede and disrupt enjoyment of the game for the majority.
Cannonaire - Think millionaire, but with cannons.
HC/MC Calculator (thread) UPDATED 2013/12/21

#18 SrEizO

SrEizO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted January 15 2014 - 07:01 PM

Something as simple as mom's calling and I have to quit....

#19 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted January 15 2014 - 08:14 PM

View PostDerMax, on January 15 2014 - 01:16 PM, said:

There are many valid reasons to leave a match either voluntarily or involuntarily. How are you going to differentiate between ragequitters and people with an odd PC configuration leading to frequent game crashes or PC reboots_

A game crash, PC crash, or dropped internet connection should register to the server differently than someone manually clicking "Leave Match" through ingame menus.

Posted Image

#20 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted January 15 2014 - 08:31 PM

The two options that seem the most valid to me are:

1. After leaving a match, XP and HC gain is penalized by a small percent for a specific time limit. Say something like 10 minutes. Additionally quitting during that time period increases the penalty cumulatively and resets the timer. Given the short time limit, the penalty should wear off after a single match, encouraging people to remain in a game.

2A. If a player quits 2 (or 3) matches during their login session, upon attempting to join their next match the system warns them that leaving another match during their session will result in them being locked out from joining any other matches for X minutes. It won't stop people from getting to play, it won't hurt someone who has had a crash, and it won't penalize or shame players that leave for something important IRL, but at least there's a limit and they are clearly warned.

2B. Instead of locking players out for a short period, only allow them to join 3-star matches. (future option that requires a larger population)

The caveat is that these shouldn't happen until after the next balancing patch in February. Otherwise people will still get frustrated from being put in unbalanced matches they don't want to be stuck in.

Edited by nokari, January 15 2014 - 08:34 PM.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users