HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

The upgrade mechanic.

Game Press Twitter Forum Video

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 FortisDomai

FortisDomai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted February 18 2014 - 01:41 AM

Your weapon upgrade mechanic is garbage you need to provide extensive upgrades at no monetary (aka; no real money) cost to appease classic gamer's like myself. I don't know how you seriously concluded that you might actually make a profit, you fuzzy bunny idiots, when you didn't consider the games that made this game a possibility. you should be able to purchase all weapons in the game with in game credits.  A COD progression system where we unlock items is not good enough.If you think this will work in the long term I will be glad to see this worthless company crumble against the righteous force of ill-will. Please address your complaints to, not satisfied, and get a complex system already you simpletons.

#2 Interrobang87

Interrobang87

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationPA USA

Posted February 18 2014 - 01:46 AM

In before closed - BUT what are you taking about_ You absolutely can  unlock all a mechs weapon  choices just by playing the game and using hawken credits (which you earn playing the game)
How will you spend eternity_ Smoking or Non-Smoking_
Posted Image
Chillen with the banger

#3 LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted February 18 2014 - 01:47 AM

I would say most of the starter weapons are actually way better. Spend HC on internals and items. Save for the weapons later. The alternate weapons are good for different strategies, there not necessarily better weapons. We are talking about HC right_ the in game money that doesn't cost real money_

Posted Image

vR-Gaming

Raider Vids>>>Twitch Youtube<<<Raider Vids 2500mmr

Fuzzy Bunny Stats

#4 dEd101

dEd101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted February 18 2014 - 01:49 AM

--deleted--

Edited by dEd101, February 18 2014 - 01:50 AM.

General tips and tricks: https://community.pl...-tricks-thread/
Wolfyftw videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wolfyFTW (click on the 'Mindgamer' episodes)
Promo Codes (free money): https://community.pl...90-promo-codes/
Stats (all credit to AsianJoyKiller and the other contributors): https://docs.google....lrQjM5Tmc#gid=0 (don't forget to scroll right)

#5 hendman

hendman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted February 18 2014 - 02:25 AM

I am very positive that after such a friendly and well argumented request the dev team will get right on it!

#6 Odinous

Odinous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAthens,Greece

Posted February 18 2014 - 03:13 AM

View PostFortisDomai, on February 18 2014 - 01:41 AM, said:

Your weapon upgrade mechanic is garbage you need to provide extensive upgrades at no monetary (aka; no real money) cost to appease classic gamer's like myself. I don't know how you seriously concluded that you might actually make a profit, you fuzzy bunny idiots, when you didn't consider the games that made this game a possibility. you should be able to purchase all weapons in the game with in game credits.  A COD progression system where we unlock items is not good enough.If you think this will work in the long term I will be glad to see this worthless company crumble against the righteous force of ill-will. Please address your complaints to, not satisfied, and get a complex system already you simpletons.
Brains!You must buy!

#7 caduceus26

caduceus26

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted February 18 2014 - 03:37 AM

I'm sure the devs will jump right on your demand for consideration!  What a ridiculous post!
ASUS P9X79LE /i7-3820 3.6 (OC 4.7) /Corsair H80 Liquid CPU Cooling /16 Gb RAM /Dual-SLI EVGA 670 2 Gb Sig II /Antec 850 PSU /Antec 1200 Black Steel Tower
MaddMaxx (Zerker) / Silent Knight (Infil) / BurnYa (Scout) / Scythe (Reaper) / S0ckd0lag3r (Aslt) / PopOff (SS) / Bluto (Bruiser) / xXRoadRageXx (CR-T) / ShiftySwifty (Raider+G2) / PatchUp (Tech) / Krusher (Brawler) / Seekin' Ya'! (Rocketeer) / Doughboy (Vngrd) / FireFly (Incin)

#8 Cypherous

Cypherous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted February 18 2014 - 03:45 AM

Not sure if troll or genuinely uninformed

#9 Fstroke

Fstroke

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts
  • LocationCT

Posted February 18 2014 - 04:27 AM

Oh now this is good

#10 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted February 18 2014 - 05:29 AM

*gets popcorn*
hahaha funny :3
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#11 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted February 18 2014 - 06:24 AM

this guy does not seem very smart
:3

#12 HatesYourFace

HatesYourFace

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted February 18 2014 - 09:33 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

I also play on "PoundSignYoloSwag" (Assault/G2 Assault) and "FriendshipIsMagic" (Rocketeer) But haven't been able to add them to my Sig yet due to computer problems.

#13 Dorro

Dorro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted February 18 2014 - 09:41 AM

Once upon a time there was a CRT, his name was Fred, and he was the saddest robot.

"I'm so sad!" Fred moped. "I wish I had a vulcan, its a higher tier weapon, so it must be better!"

Fred moped and moped, and then he got smoked by Bruiser.

"That's no fair! You got a vulcan!" Fred cried in chat in the respawn, instead of getting back in the fight to help his team.

"Vulcan_" Bruiser replied, "Hell, Fred. I killed you with my skillfires while you were hovering around in the air asking to be smacked like a pinata. I never use my vulcan. I traded that thing out for an SMC."

"But the vulcan is my top-tier gun!" Fred cried.

"No, its just the gun you unlock, silly." Bruiser explained, "Its a sidegrade, not an upgrade."

"I don't know what that means because I'm 12 years old and what is dodging_" Fred asked.

"Just go to the forums and cry about how hellfires require no skill. You'll make lots of friends, and then you won't care about vulcans anymore, you'll have so many friends to be sad with, together!" Bruiser suggested.

And then Fred went to the EU station to go fill up his battleship, got murdered by a camping sharpshooter, and forgot all about his vulcan.

"Now I want a sabot rifle!" Fred cried.

And the saddest robot was still sad, because he was a caffeine addicted 12 year old forum whiner that did not pay attention when his english teacher taught him about punctuation in the 3rd grade.

---

So the moral of the story is, go to school kids. Go to school, and nerf sniping.
There's a touch of Evil in my mind

#14 Gunmoku

Gunmoku

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • LocationThe mystical, magical land of Right Over There

Posted February 18 2014 - 10:06 AM

Posted Image

View PostRED_FIVE, on September 04 2013 - 08:20 PM, said:

YER A RAIDER, HARRY.

#15 Dracoslayer16

Dracoslayer16

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted February 18 2014 - 10:14 AM

Lol, wut_

Nothing about your statement is true and your belief that calling people "idiots" will get them to listen to you more is laughable at best.  "Games that made this game a possibility," please enlighten us as to what games these might be because for the life of me I can't think of any.
Posted Image

#16 Dorro

Dorro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted February 18 2014 - 10:22 AM

View PostDracoslayer16, on February 18 2014 - 10:14 AM, said:

Lol, wut_

Nothing about your statement is true and your belief that calling people "idiots" will get them to listen to you more is laughable at best.  "Games that made this game a possibility," please enlighten us as to what games these might be because for the life of me I can't think of any.

Mostly X-wing vs tie-fighter, the original mechwarriors, wing commander...

You know, simulation games. Because Hawken is actually a pilot simulator. Its just a pilot simulator that plays like a 90s deathmatch game.

But that's not the point.

The point is, from the way he types, you can probably make a pretty safe bet that he was still sucking his thumb when the games that are the actual precursors to Hawken came out.
There's a touch of Evil in my mind

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Game, Press, Twitter, Forum, Video

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users