HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Bug, Malware, or Trojan on Hawken forum Email notification_

Website

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Goyo

Goyo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted March 02 2014 - 05:19 PM

I recently received an email notification of a private message sent to me on the Hawken forums.  In the body of the email I received from the hawken forums was a link to a Ukrainian website that was different than the private message I received.

It seems something on the hawken Forums is infected.  What other explanation could there be for email generated from the hawken Forums to contain different content than the private message_

I will give more information if requested but I think it is best not to link anything here.  This seems rather serious.

#2 DFTR

DFTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationAustin, Tx

Posted March 03 2014 - 10:47 AM

I thought from title  this would be a variant of the F***, Marry, Kill game...

At any rate, was the PM from someone you know or a new account/spam account_

Did you send a support ticket_

Edited by DFTR, March 03 2014 - 10:48 AM.

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TAW Recruitment[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We are always looking to recruit new members. If you are interested in joining a great team and experiencing tactical play at its very best, fill out the [/font]application[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif] on our website now. One of our dedicated staff will be in touch very soon after your application is received but if you have any questions please feel free to drop me a PM. We use Teamspeak3 to communicate on our own secure and professionally maintained servers. [/font]

#3 Goyo

Goyo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted March 03 2014 - 02:12 PM

The  private message was not from a new account/spam account.  I do not want to go into details unless it is with someone that is troubleshooting the problem.

No support ticket.  I figured posting here and reporting my own post would have drawn the appropriate attention.

Edited by Goyo, March 03 2014 - 02:13 PM.

#4 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted March 04 2014 - 11:22 AM

Don't worry Goyo, Just because nobody responded did not mean that the Dev's haven't seen it.

ZamboniChaos is aware of this event, and has contacted the correct person in dealing with identifying and fixing the problem.  I'm sure if they need any more info about it from you, they will contact you and ask for it.

Thanks.
# while true; do echo "Post"; done

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Website

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users