HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

The Cockpit Podcast | March 26th | Patch notes and such!

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Saturnine

Saturnine

The Brawler Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts
  • LocationTallinn, Estonia

Posted March 25 2014 - 05:55 AM

Posted Image

| Stream page | Facebook Page | Twitter |

Wednesdays at 7 PM PST / 10 PM EST / 2 AM GMT

This week: March 26th

This week! We'll have patch notes and a patch! Though when we do the show, we'll only have the notes and no patch, but we'll have a lot to talk about. In any case, as always, we need you to give us your questions and we'll do our best to answer them! Though maybe wait a little bit to see what's in those patch notes before you put a ton of effort into your questions. We got a ton of questions last time, and we still have some of those to get through, but more questions is always more gooder, so bring 'em on in!

Also! We'll be giving away some Hawken Credits this show to a lucky viewer, so make sure you watch and are following the stream! If you're not following the show, you aren't eligible to win!

If you haven't already, go join the official Hawken Steam group, and also write a review for Hawken, and upvote the ones you like! Gotta get the word out about Hawken and get as many new players as we can!

Edited by Saturnine, March 26 2014 - 10:00 AM.

Posted Image

digitalhughes: @s9 you stinkn' weasel!

Don't know which mech to pilot_ Check out my guide to the mechs!

Want to hang out with some awesome people, including ReEvolve, Ashfire908, Rei, ThirdEyE, and even the world-famous Loc_Tr_ Come to the #hawkenscrim IRC!

#2 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted March 25 2014 - 06:02 AM

Question:

If Ropefish can get his nuke, WHY CAN`T I GET MY ROCKETJUMPING MECH_ ANSWER ME!
I`ll fix it later.

#3 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted March 25 2014 - 06:07 AM

Questions:
  • Will party members who volunteer to switch or are forced to switch be removed from their party entirely_ If so, Do these players have to disconnect and form a new party_
  • The new patch is going to lock the FOV value in the configs and makes players use the video settings to set their FOV, right_ Does the lock only affect the "normal" FOV value or also the repair cam FOV value_
  • Are UI changes (like additional help windows with Laila) difficult to implement_
  • Does "joining a party from within a server and therefore leaving the server" considered as "abandoned the match"_

Edited by ReEvolve, March 26 2014 - 06:37 PM.

#4 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted March 25 2014 - 06:36 AM

So, how about private servers_

IN HONOR OF PURE_AMAZING.
I`ll fix it later.

#5 OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Location2300-2400 Pilot Camp

Posted March 25 2014 - 08:09 AM

When are we getting Alpha speeds_

#thewarisnotover
#AlphaSpeeds

Scootin' and Shootin | Ballin' and Brawlin' | Ragin' and Raidin'

Posted Image

I am Omega Null. The abyss is my home and your last frontier. Welcome to my lair and become my Prey. As I track your scent through this nether,

my mouth begins to water. Your Demise will be quick and wretched.

Enjoy your Pain and Suffering as I tear Limb from Limb. Prepare to meet your Final End.

Member of Violent Resolution

#6 DFTR

DFTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationAustin, Tx

Posted March 25 2014 - 08:31 AM

What's the purpose of keeping this forum when most new players will come through Steam and use Steam forums_  
Is there anyway to merge the two_  Or archive the best/most wisest threads from here to there_
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TAW Recruitment[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We are always looking to recruit new members. If you are interested in joining a great team and experiencing tactical play at its very best, fill out the [/font]application[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif] on our website now. One of our dedicated staff will be in touch very soon after your application is received but if you have any questions please feel free to drop me a PM. We use Teamspeak3 to communicate on our own secure and professionally maintained servers. [/font]

#7 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted March 25 2014 - 08:37 AM

View PostOmegaNull, on March 25 2014 - 08:09 AM, said:

When are we getting Alpha speeds_

#thewarisnotover
#AlphaSpeeds

Give an inch and they take a mile. Give it time friend. The game has changed a lot since alpha its best to go about this slowly.

Posted Image

#8 FenixStryk

FenixStryk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • LocationUS-East

Posted March 25 2014 - 11:43 AM

@Leonhardt: do you want to get drunk as fuzzy bunny in Miami this weekend_ Just, no touching.

For the cast, it's time for that same question again: how do you feel about Brawler and Grenadier turret mode, the general rear-damage weakness of all turret modes, and the new move to non-turret C Classes (Incinerator and the upcoming Mortarer/"Siege Tank")_

Off-hand: I'm glad #IncreaseTheSpeeds, #BuffTheBrawler and #BuffTheBolt are all happening this patch, even if there is overlap in the solutions and the degree of increase is not what I'd personally go for.

It was fun while it lasted.

#9 Weezl3

Weezl3

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted March 25 2014 - 01:34 PM

I request a synchronized chorus of Hearts on Fire to be sung by all members of the cast. Preferably escalating to a boxing match between the hosts and their European Cockpit equivalents.

#10 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted March 25 2014 - 01:37 PM

View PostFenixStryk, on March 25 2014 - 11:43 AM, said:

@Leonhardt: do you want to get drunk as fuzzy bunny in Miami this weekend_ Just, no touching.

View PostWeezl3, on March 25 2014 - 01:34 PM, said:

I request a synchronized chorus of Hearts on Fire to be sung by all members of the cast. Preferably escalating to a boxing match between the hosts and their European Cockpit equivalents.

My body is ready.

Posted Image

#11 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted March 25 2014 - 01:44 PM

Q:
some news about next map_ any chance devs returned to town-style maps_ =D

#12 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted March 25 2014 - 02:59 PM

My question would, for example, be as follows:

How about those 2 bars rendered on the HUD placed on the top of it instead_

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#13 OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Location2300-2400 Pilot Camp

Posted March 25 2014 - 03:49 PM

What is being done with the sudden surge of cheaters using bots and such_ What system will be in place to prevent/deter cheating. And if so, will this be similar to how Steam works. If you get caught cheating you risk having your entire account locked_

Scootin' and Shootin | Ballin' and Brawlin' | Ragin' and Raidin'

Posted Image

I am Omega Null. The abyss is my home and your last frontier. Welcome to my lair and become my Prey. As I track your scent through this nether,

my mouth begins to water. Your Demise will be quick and wretched.

Enjoy your Pain and Suffering as I tear Limb from Limb. Prepare to meet your Final End.

Member of Violent Resolution

#14 VocalMagic

VocalMagic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted March 25 2014 - 03:52 PM

Will they #IncreaseTheGreeds

I'll try shouting it again today: "Saturnine! Saturnine! Stop the spam, Saturnine!"

_, ,_ ∩ ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
( ゚∀゚)彡 S9!S9!▒▒▒
 ⊂彡▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

#15 anorphan

anorphan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted March 25 2014 - 09:22 PM

Really small question that might be answerable by people in this thread: will the new C-mech be released with this March patch or is it still down the road in development_ Also, if not the C-mech, will we be getting the A class G2 mentioned in last week's cockpit_

Thanks and good luck with the show.

#16 ThirdEyE

ThirdEyE

Moderator 007

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted March 25 2014 - 11:19 PM

What do you think of the passive Heat-absorption ability of the Incinerator, especially when it comes to clarity and balance_  Would you like to see other aura-type passive abilities on future mechs_
Posted Image

Offering coaching on all mechs, maps, and gametypes, PM if interested.

Violent Resolution - http://vr-gaming.org/

Hawken IRC - #hawkenscrim

#17 LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted March 25 2014 - 11:45 PM

View Post[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on March 25 2014 - 05:44 PM, said:

• Incinerator
      • Increased fuel generation from 7.77 to 8.5 liters/sec
Abilities
  • Heat Dispersion (Incinerator)
    • Added damage falloff. Enemies within the inner radius (16 meters) will take full damage. Enemies outside the inner radius will take a percentage of the full damage depending on distance.
    • This ability can now be used on the post-match carousel.
    • Increased damage radius from 32 to 36 meters.

I'm not really sure the INC needed a buff like this. It's already as fast as a Van, and while the ability is difficult to use, the raw damage the PPA INC brings to the field is devastating. The passive ability to absorb heat is an added bonus. I know we haven't played this live, I can't help but think this mech will be a tad overpowered. It's already hard enough to take down a INC/TECH combo. Something to consider.

I'm also very curious as to how the new Raider will function! Will it resemble what it was before or has it morphed_ They kept the Corsair cool down but gave it more damage and gave the T-32 a buff! The Raider is coming... Hide your kids, Hide your wife.

Edited by LoC_TR, March 25 2014 - 11:55 PM.

Posted Image

vR-Gaming

Raider Vids>>>Twitch Youtube<<<Raider Vids 2500mmr

Fuzzy Bunny Stats

#18 Muffintrumpet

Muffintrumpet

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted March 26 2014 - 03:43 AM

Q: should the Flak umbilical cord between the Brawler and the Scout be cut once and for all so that sensible balancing of both mechs can be accomplished_

"To the untrained eye this chart may indeed appear to demonstrate a steep and sustained downward trend; however, what you're actually seeing is the line being dragged down because of the strengthening gravitational pull of a player base that is actually increasing in density.  Rest assured, this is all going completely according to plan."

#19 LarryLaffer

LarryLaffer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • LocationRussia, Chelyabinsk (GMT +5)

Posted March 26 2014 - 06:11 AM

Q: Is there any info about 6vs6 squad matches for EU Region_
WolfyFTW's Mindgamer: Hawken videos - the best combat tutorial ever!
Throw away Air Compressor! Be a man!.

#20 FenixStryk

FenixStryk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • LocationUS-East

Posted March 26 2014 - 08:23 AM

I was going to make a thread about this, but I'll just ask it as a question and pray that Vana doesn't give it a snarky "Nuh-uh, if you don't like it you're wrong!" non-answer.

Q: Does Hawken have a clear vision_ Does Adhesive, nay, anyone actually know what Hawken is supposed to be_

This patch isn't exactly monumental, but it displays signs of what I find disconcerting: hesitation to embrace what the community wants (wow, +2m/s! that's increased speeds), and a tendency to make completely unexpected changes (no boostan + shootan, more fuel drain for boosty-shootan trickery... b-but we increased the speeds!). Between Alpha -> early OB -> the Technician -> Ascension -> Steam Edition, there's just no rhyme or reason to anything that's being done. I can't take this game seriously because they have no set plan; it's scramble mode day-in, day-out, patch after patch.

A pointed example if the above isn't enough:
The Predator's EOC-P was designed to be inherently unwieldy in order to prevent a Mech from having too much DPS. Specifically, the EOC-P has ungodly heat generation, a terribly slow travel time and no remote detonation to speak of to keep it in check. Granted, it comes with a Bolt, but even in its prime it was never a DPS powerhouse. -- Four months later, what comes after_ The Incinerator, which tied for fastest C, second highest armor, has the most DPS by far and never has to stop shooting ever, and has a panic burst damage butt-slam to save it in pinches.

What happened_ Why did you design a sustained Mech that broke all the rules and constraints that were set for the Predator_ Where is the plan, the vision, the heart of Hawken_ Could you point to it on a diagram if I asked you to_ -- because I don't think you or anyone on the ADH team can right now.

Happy little quote to drive home what I'm seein':

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on February 15 2013 - 05:21 PM, said:

So, don't take this the wrong way, but um... What exactly does a producer do_

Please answer this question during tonight's show specifically.

Edited by FenixStryk, March 26 2014 - 08:33 AM.

It was fun while it lasted.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users