• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

SOD_CyberTormentor

SOD_CyberTormentor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Hey guys, reviewing the leaderboard, came something interesting question, some players with a negative score and came the question. As players with more deaths than kills gain a good MMR?

What would be the reason? play with tech?

Edited by SOD_CyberTormentor, 05 May 2015 - 06:16 AM.

assinaturalogos_03.png | assinaturalogos_09.png | assinaturalogos_07.pngassinaturalogos_05.png

Houruck

Houruck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Hey guys, reviewing the leaderboard, came something interesting question, some players with a negative score and came the question. As players with more deaths than kills gain a good MMR?

Or they go for the objectives. As far as I know MMR only takes score into account, not KDR.

• SOD_CyberTormentor likes this

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST

United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

predators gonna predate

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

MMR is based primarily or solely off score/min. If you, say, get tons of high percentage assists but no kills, deliver a ton of EU, or as you mentioned play technician, you an still gain MMR with a KD ratio below 1.

I think I'm a good example of this: I have a notably worse KD ratio than a lot of players close to me in MMR, but I have almost as many total assists as I do kills and deaths combined.

Edited by Hyginos, 05 May 2015 - 06:21 AM.

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Choose who is better:

1. Player X who has 22/0 in a 1200 MMR room

2. Player Y who has 2/4 in a 2100 MMR room

Note: Assuming every player has the same MMR in the room, except for player X and Y.

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

SOD_CyberTormentor

SOD_CyberTormentor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

MMR is based primarily or solely off score/min. If you, say, get tons of high percentage assists but no kills, deliver a ton of EU, or as you mentioned play technician, you an still gain MMR with a KD ratio below 1.

I think I'm a good example of this: I have a notably worse KD ratio than a lot of players close to me in MMR, but I have almost as many total assists as I do kills and deaths combined.

Actually, users who saw in the leaderboard play a lot with tech, now it all makes sense.

Sometimes I play in the same game they, can kill many more, but my mmr increases nastily, while one has a jump.

Thank you for clarifying my doubt!

assinaturalogos_03.png | assinaturalogos_09.png | assinaturalogos_07.pngassinaturalogos_05.png

SOD_CyberTormentor

SOD_CyberTormentor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Choose who is better:

Note: Assuming every player has the same MMR in the room, except for player X and Y.

Fake

Always look so clear that Y always will have more gains, but in the rooms where we played in Brazil has rarely mmr higher than in 1800 (the highest I saw was 1900), users still see them playing and having only mmrs above 1950.

Edited by SOD_CyberTormentor, 05 May 2015 - 06:35 AM.

Loglino

Loglino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Choose who is better:

Both of those are me so.
  • Bergwein likes this

Mind the fact that pizza is my avatar.
Pizza is cool and you know it.

<3 HAWKEN

Flifang

Flifang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

I have gotten up to 2400 mmr and I have roughly 3k more deaths than kills. Then again I have over 30k of both and have close to 800 hours in match time by now. Either way it is possible to have a "bad," kdr and still climb the latter.

BaronSaturday

BaronSaturday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Since they're using Glicko I'll give you the chess answer.

In Chess each piece has a point value.
Pawn=1
Bishop=3
Knight=3
Rook=5
Queen=9

So you can get a max score of 48 if you take everything by the end. It doesn't matter how many pieces were taken, just the scores at the end+/-w/l relative to eachothers Glicko rating.

Technician | Fear the Beam | Support
Welcome to the End of Days
KHCwt3J.png
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]
Smoke this!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mmr, nonsense

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users