Photo

Herokuapp server/MMR distribution (poor man's measurement)

* * * * * 1 votes balance player retention MMR herokuapp

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts
spr1nterJam

Member Since 26 Jun 2015

Main or alt account?

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

He did, absolutely. Actually, more promising than that, he said something along the lines that Hawken was running in a sustainable state (your current wording left the possibility that it was stable due to Reloaded's funding, and not due to the income of the game itself vs the costs it incurs).

However, that was after Reloaded significantly downgraded the servers, and immediately after the acquisition, which made a bit of a splash in population and purchases, and it was before they upgraded the servers again, as well as before they began hiring people (people cost money). I don't have financial data, but on the current playerbase estimates and the fact that the cost of servers has likely gone up due to the upgrades since that statement as well as the size of the team, I would be ready to accept that Hawken is only operating at present due to Reloaded viewing it as a profit in the future.

"We can reduce server costs by 60%."

Three iterations of Dallas servers later...

spr1nterJam
Member Since 26 Jun 2015

Main or alt account?

Who?

Edited by Amidatelion, 22 October 2015 - 03:38 AM.

spr1nterJam

spr1nterJam

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

what alt?

GreyFa1con

GreyFa1con

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

I feel the need to post this again just to be clear.

QZUqI96.png

The solution?

Sky-rocket excessive low level pub-stompers in MMR.

Kick them up to the big leagues. And if they can't cut it, they slowly fall back down.
  • HHJFTRU likes this

TRIBES: Developed a server mod with 40 servers, 20 clans, and competitive league play.

PLANETSIDE: Got about 30 suggested changes implemented, and 40,000 game downloads via a 1Mb mini-installer I developed.

http://hawken.heroku...user/GreyFa1con

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

The solution?

Sky-rocket excessive low level pub-stompers in MMR.

Kick them up to the big leagues. And if they can't cut it, they slowly fall back down.

I don't necessarily disagree, but we already have underdog bonus and a good player can get an account to 2200 in a couple of hours. I think the issue is the experience of the players who meet those accounts during the skyrocket.

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

GreyFa1con

GreyFa1con

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

I don't necessarily disagree, but we already have underdog bonus and a good player can get an account to 2200 in a couple of hours. I think the issue is the experience of the players who meet those accounts during the skyrocket.

Right, but I'm talking within 2-4 rounds of excessive stomping kick them up to about 1900.

Bias on the side of treating all low-level stompers as if they were smurfs. (Or players with tons of time in similar games)

And then if they are merely lucky kills, not stomp kills, then they will fall back down in MMR at a natural rate.
  • HHJFTRU likes this

TRIBES: Developed a server mod with 40 servers, 20 clans, and competitive league play.

PLANETSIDE: Got about 30 suggested changes implemented, and 40,000 game downloads via a 1Mb mini-installer I developed.

http://hawken.heroku...user/GreyFa1con

HHJFTRU

HHJFTRU

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

The underdog bonus does this by affecting score, which is not good. Please, give extra XP as an underdog bonus but not score. And low level MVPs could just plainly gain much MMR instantly. I read in another topic that it would fuzzy up the leaderboard but it's not true, because the pilots that haven't attained lvl30 are ignored. 

Edited by someone, 22 October 2015 - 09:48 AM.

Ceterum censeo ... bootcamp-servers!  &:

#rapidMMR4newaccounts      #removethedelay

#morespeed4EOC                 #lessspread4T-32

#buffG2R                               #nerfZerk'n'Assault

#dosomethingwithHF             #noisesupression4breacher

THANKS FOR THIS AWESOME GAME!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: balance, player retention, MMR, herokuapp

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users