28 replies to this topic

KaylaClaire

KaylaClaire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

I had no idea the amount of strength this guy possess lol
I used it maybe once when I first played Hawken, but... I joined a match and decided... "Why the hell not"
I ended up getting 25/50 kills of the match with this underdog mech lol

CR-T Forever!

• TheFrostnessMonster, Hijinks_The_Turtle, Bergwein and 3 others like this

~*~*~*~The Pink Comet~*~*~*~

Morticius

Morticius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

This is the "weak sister" of Assault.

Still faster, cooldowns better (not sure if any real diff, but it feels faster), and with the proper internals, runs like a mad dog and can be a serious fear for running Scouts, stompy G2Raider drivers and everything in between.

All hail the mighty Fred!

:yes:

Edited by Morticius, 03 July 2015 - 06:19 PM.

UGiq32j.png

Buy one, get one free on Tuesdays

Also: pickles, peppers, preserves, salsas and souvenirs available in the Gift Shop

(KDR) Seron16

(KDR) Seron16

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Best mech in the game. First mech I ever played, only mech I really want to play to this day.   :smile:

Pop me a friend invite if you'd like, always fun running a squad of CRTs! 

Edited by (KDR) Seron16, 03 July 2015 - 07:12 PM.

• DieselCat and Badtings like this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

Spoiler

Nightfirebolt

Nightfirebolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Assault is the best mech in the game overall and CR-T is just a slightly modified one, which has served as my retort for newbies who complain that "this game is pay to win".

Now that we get a proper Assault, this statement is even more relevant, but the CR-T has always been plenty powerful in its own right.

BTW - I like your purple & green hud, looks sharp. :)

Edited by Nightfirebolt, 03 July 2015 - 07:29 PM.

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Oh no, someones is proud for using a salt ... 

:s

• DieselCat likes this

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

DieselCat

DieselCat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Fred is watching you mister..... :ninja:

http://steamcommunit...s/?id=474858490 ico_external_link.gif

*+

Edited by DieselCat, 03 July 2015 - 10:24 PM.

Just Relax....and take life one game at a time....

Don't run to your death....walk

th_Duckman.jpg   th_82c0a97c-98de-4aac-be47-05e5e099be80.

*+

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Fred is watching you mister..... :ninja:

http://steamcommunit...s/?id=474858490 ico_external_link.gif

*+

Can you watch an infiltrator stealthin'?

• DieselCat likes this

Badtings

Badtings

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

FRED IS A BOSS!

• Odinous and hoghead like this

8CyRDl7.gifGYM1W9I.png

Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Oh so because she doesn't use an infiltrator or raider or something as so and doesn't give zero f*cks about her team, she is not allowed to be proud of a mech.

K.

CRITICAL ASSIST

United in Diversity, Divided by Zero
v9KKbH9.png
Spoiler

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts
This is the "weak sister" of Assault.

fred is faster. assault is slowpoke =)

it's like Heat-scout and Heat-infil

Edited by nepacaka, 04 July 2015 - 12:57 AM.

Kompotka 3000. 2D ha?ken game: https://community.pl...ve/?hl=kompotka

Interceptor, B-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...itdefence-mech/

Challenger, C-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...ccepted-thread/

G2-Brawler, C-class mech concept: https://community.pl...pacaka-is-here/

Kinetik, B-class mech concept: https://community.pl...ass-shotgunner/

Melter, A-class mech concept: https://community.pl...-class-support/

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

Oh so because she doesn't use an infiltrator or raider or something as so and doesn't give zero f*cks about her team, she is not allowed to be proud of a mech.

K.

Who pissed in your cereal bro?

The cool kids play infil.

• coldform and CrimsonKaim like this

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Me in CRT:

Spoiler

Me in Infiltrator:

Spoiler

Elite's right. Only the cool kids play with the Infiltrator.

Edited by Dawn_of_Ash, 04 July 2015 - 04:28 AM.

• Rainbow_Sheep likes this

Catnium

Catnium

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

weak sister of the assault ? 

lol its not weak the recruit is more noob friendly than the assault making it the stronger sister

its got better air speed and a bigger fuel tank as far as i know the rest of the stats are same 

• Morticius likes this

5GDR4vR.png

Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

lol its not weak the recruit is more noob friendly than the assault making it the stronger sister

its got better air speed and a bigger fuel tank as far as i know the rest of the stats are same 

I disagree. A lot.

The Assualt is far more noob-friendly then the CRT due to it's higher amount of armour. With the increased amount of armour, it allows for players to focus more on sustained fire - what the Assualt and CRT are best at, instead of the corner-poking which requires a lot more skill. Sustained fire is also more "FPS" as in it's what is in almost every First-Person-Shooter out there. The CRT-Recruit's speed is not properly used by newer players because people tend to boost around rather than use the Recruit's speed to a more stealthy approach. 

And the Recruit is the weak sister of the Assault because the Assault is currently slightly OP. If the Recruit had more speed or something, then I can see this as more balanced. But right now, the Recruit is weaker than the Assault.

TheFrostnessMonster

TheFrostnessMonster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

CRT master race.

CRT master race... No questions allowed.

Period.

hoghead

hoghead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

RosaMenkman_ANIGIF_00.gifAll hail the Cathoid Ray Tube!   :yes:

• System64 likes this

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

K.

Well I wouldn't be proud to win a race in a Porsche versus a tractor.

Edited by FakeName, 04 July 2015 - 06:22 AM.

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

The Assualt is far more noob-friendly then the CRT due to it's higher amount of armour. With the increased amount of armour, it allows for players to focus more on sustained fire - what the Assualt and CRT are best at, instead of the corner-poking which requires a lot more skill. Sustained fire is also more "FPS" as in it's what is in almost every First-Person-Shooter out there.

Cr-T has, from what I know, more radar range, less overheat-time, and higher fuel regen.

The first may not matter much to newbies, but the latter two should, as those make it more forgiving.

Calling the Assault "far more noob-friendly" due to 40 HP is questionable at best, especially with the above.

The CRT-Recruit's speed is not properly used by newer players because people tend to boost around rather than use the Recruit's speed to a more stealthy approach. 

Expecting newer players to do things properly is unrealistic. (Even some veterans don't do the basics of combat properly..)

The higher fuel regen on the Cr-T makes it atleast a bit more forgiving to boost around.

That it's more noob friendly doesn't make it stronger, just more forgiving.

Assault has more HP which makes it quite plainly stronger in direct combat, which is the mech's main role.

Well I wouldn't be proud to win a race in a Porsche versus a tractor.

I, for one, am very proud of my Porsche beating Tractors!

Edited by (KDR) Meraple, 04 July 2015 - 06:26 AM.

• Bunnykillkill, LaurenEmily, Kopra and 1 other like this

Bunnykillkill

Bunnykillkill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

I love the fact that i dont need to make a post anymore, cause Apples beat me to it, and delivered a  better argumental stand. TY Mer :3

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

Spoiler

DieselCat

DieselCat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Fred Vs. Assault

http://steamcommunit...s/?id=475205331

http://steamcommunit...s/?id=475205216

Side by side specs....both have strengths and weakness vs. each other.

I find I can use either better than the other in certain situations....U can decide. 

*+

Just Relax....and take life one game at a time....

Don't run to your death....walk

th_Duckman.jpg   th_82c0a97c-98de-4aac-be47-05e5e099be80.

*+

Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Cr-T has, from what I know, more radar range, less overheat-time, and higher fuel regen.

The first may not matter much to newbies, but the latter two should, as those make it more forgiving.

Calling the Assault "far more noob-friendly" due to 40 HP is questionable at best, especially with the above.

Expecting newer players to do things properly is unrealistic. (Even some veterans don't do the basics of combat properly..)

The higher fuel regen on the Cr-T makes it atleast a bit more forgiving to boost around.

That it's more noob friendly doesn't make it stronger, just more forgiving.

Assault has more HP which makes it quite plainly stronger in direct combat, which is the mech's main role.

Although your theory is sound and makes sense, I can say that it's not as easy as the stats would predict.

One quick Heroku search tells me that your current MMR is around 2750, which leads me to assume that you do not play with new players often if not at all. My MMR is currently around 900 less then yours - 1875, and I can tell you that after the new devs put in the Assault mech as the starter mech, my MMR went way, way down. To put it in perpective, I had an MMR of 1950 in the US and when I went back to AU and experienced a massive boost of new players, it dropped to this - actually, it dropped to 1800.

Whilst the stats say that the CRT-Recruit would be the better noob-friendly mech, other score stats disagree. A lot. I'm saying this from experience rather than just plain stats. Maybe the stats are just wrong, because new players are a LOT better with the Assault than the Recruit (on average).

Also, just noticed from the stats - the Assault is faster.

Edited by Dawn_of_Ash, 04 July 2015 - 03:29 PM.

(KDR) Seron16

(KDR) Seron16

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

The differences between the Assualt and the CRT are minuscule in the grand scheme of mech things. Many of us vets remember the CRT as the first mech we ever saw/played, and it therefore represents our first face of Hawken. So we like it, we play it, and its better. No if, ups, buts about it, CRT is the best.  :thumbsup:

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

Spoiler

Maxunarul

Maxunarul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

It would be interesting to be able to choose the Elite Recruit chassis that carries any mech. It is a chassis that I really like and would like to put in my Assault or put it in my Raider

2015-07-04_00003.jpg

Edited by Maxunarul, 04 July 2015 - 07:58 PM.

6_1.jpg

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Although your theory is sound and makes sense, I can say that it's not as easy as the stats would predict.

One quick Heroku search tells me that your current MMR is around 2750, which leads me to assume that you do not play with new players often if not at all. My MMR is currently around 900 less then yours - 1875, and I can tell you that after the new devs put in the Assault mech as the starter mech, my MMR went way, way down. To put it in perpective, I had an MMR of 1950 in the US and when I went back to AU and experienced a massive boost of new players, it dropped to this - actually, it dropped to 1800.

Whilst the stats say that the CRT-Recruit would be the better noob-friendly mech, other score stats disagree. A lot. I'm saying this from experience rather than just plain stats. Maybe the stats are just wrong, because new players are a LOT better with the Assault than the Recruit (on average).

I admit I haven't played with new players in a while, and thus haven't acquired any direct experience with the subject at hand.

I do, however, sometimes play with mid-tier players here in EU, and I notice they overheat alot in the Assault.

When that happens they have the tendency to use their ability to make it shorter - they also boost/fly way too much.

From these experiences I find it safe to assume that new players here in EU would find the Cr-T easier to use.

Ofcourse things could be different there in AUS (or any other region for that matter), but I've literally never played there.

From my point of view it basically comes down to this:

- If new players grasp the basics of the game, then yes, the Salt would most likely be better for them. (e.g. overheating, boosting..)

- If not, the Cr-T would be a more forgiving choice.

I'd say the latter is more likely, but in the end it depends on the player in question.

I can't find a straight-up black-and-white answer here.

Bunnykillkill

Bunnykillkill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Snip - they also boost/fly way too much.-

Apples is 20-ish health.

You ride the spacebar like John Cleese rides a coconut.

Encounter said apple.

Die while he regains his health.

He tells you that you should hit him, not miss with your TOW's.

Get mad.

Repeat.

• Meraple likes this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

Spoiler

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Apples is 20-ish health.

You ride the spacebar like John Cleese rides a coconut.

Encounter said apple.

Die while he regains his health.

He tells you that you should hit him, not miss with your TOW's.

Get mad.

Repeat.

I'm happy you had the urge to share your typical in-game experience.

Bunnykillkill

Bunnykillkill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

NP >.<

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

Spoiler

doujutsu501

doujutsu501

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I had no idea the amount of strength this guy possess lol
I used it maybe once when I first played Hawken, but... I joined a match and decided... "Why the hell not"
I ended up getting 25/50 kills of the match with this underdog mech lol

CR-T Forever!

GG WP

You took all the potential from it, that's really good. People should do this more often with other mechs, and not playing bad with the Assault .......... s**t who am I to talk, I always play offensive tech ._.'

Edited by doujutsu501, 08 July 2015 - 07:12 PM.

udlaop7b400.png

Fulano2

Fulano2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

It is a great mech despite how it looks. Good to learn most of the game's mechanics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users