• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

TronX33

TronX33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

So, I grinded the 10k to get a new mech. I'm looking into the Rocketeer, or the Grenadier. The reason for this is becasue I want to get into support-ish mechs, with both the Rocketeer serving sort of as area-denial mechs. I know how to lead shots and compensate for drop, as I play the raider, and I use the grenade mode when not in CQC. I have heard that the Hellfires absolutley suck though, but Due to the grenade nature, I'm guessing the Grenadier would be harder to learn (like the Pred). Whcih should I buy?

comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Grenadier will serve you well forever, while rocketeer will become much less effective as you get better and fight better people.

• dorobo, MechFighter5e3bf9, Miscellaneous and 8 others like this

100% Hamburger | #becomeinpopcorn

AOTbYIL.png

Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts
Grenadier.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts
Gren. Mortals should not attempt to displace Best Heat Rocketeer NA.

TronX33

TronX33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Yeah I thought so. Thanks for the replies though!

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts
I fully support one's idea of having a Grenadiers in order to expand its glorious presence in the game.

Edited by Silverfire, 10 July 2015 - 12:55 PM.

• driedjello and OdinTheWise like this

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Grenadier is the gift that keeps on giving.

Rocketeer is the itchy and hilariously embarrassing Christmas sweater your grandma knitted you, and you'll only bust it out once a year when you're drunk and dgaf.

• driedjello, comic_sans and CraftyDus like this

8) Tech in the streets, Brawler in the sheets (8

Guns_N_Rozer

Guns_N_Rozer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1272 posts

Gren Gren Grenadier 

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

I challenge thee

• Amidatelion likes this

jWZL3Hm.jpg

Thanks to Badtings for this awesome banner!

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

I challenge thee

The Best Heat Rocketeer NA does not accept challenges from milge scum.

• Miscellaneous, comic_sans, ticklemyiguana and 2 others like this

TronX33

TronX33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Ok guys I'm really thankful, I just got back form a TDM match, second place, 12 assist, KD not above one, but hey, it's a support mech (kinda). Oh, but going into Siege. Grenadier, got MVP. Thanks to this wonderful community!

• driedjello and Charcoal like this

HepTagoN

HepTagoN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
In case u being frustrated by those crazy monkeys, or SO called A-class-with-AC, switch to vulcan. And dont let people convice u its noobish- it is not. Surely rev gl is more fun, but its garbage since AC introduction.

I got nothing to A class AC, no offence

TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Anyone who thinks a Vulcan Grenadier is noobish hasn't danced against one in the open.

I'm not even talking about when it's ability is activated.

• MechFighter5e3bf9, comic_sans and DeeRax like this

Badtings

Badtings

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

So, I grinded the 10k to get a new mech. I'm looking into the Rocketeer, or the Grenadier. The reason for this is becasue I want to get into support-ish mechs, with both the Rocketeer serving sort of as area-denial mechs. I know how to lead shots and compensate for drop, as I play the raider, and I use the grenade mode when not in CQC. I have heard that the Hellfires absolutley suck though, but Due to the grenade nature, I'm guessing the Grenadier would be harder to learn (like the Pred). Whcih should I buy?

I love the Rocketeer.

I think for beginners it gives pilots an edge that they might not have had and keeps them competitive, however (as it's been mentioned) it's not for the higher MMR brackets. 

• Neraste likes this

8CyRDl7.gifGYM1W9I.png

HepTagoN

HepTagoN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Anyone who thinks a Vulcan Grenadier is noobish hasn't danced against one in the open.

I'm not even talking about when it's ability is activated.

Some ppl states that using it is noobish cause its OP.

OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

vulcan gren for days 

We Can Dance If We Want To     

OTWsig2.jpg

ES3lMRu.png?1

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Gren.

Caveat: if your ping stays well above 150-ish, and Gren with Rev-GL prove to be frustrating, go with Rocketeer.

Although it's been nerfed into near-ridiculousness, EOC Rocketeer will rock you the best, if ping is an issue. Nothin' beats the warm&fuzzy that "Surprise, MF!" that a fully charged EOC and a volly of dumbfired HellFires into the face gives.

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

HeavyMetalFenix

HeavyMetalFenix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

You may wish to (shamefully) keep a Rocketeer in the garage. Way back by the car still in primer and up on blocks.

For those hopefully rare times when the ping fairy decides you need much, much (much) more lag and latency. A Seekateer (or even better an EOC-puck Rocketeer) can help pass the time until a more ping-friendly server opens up.

• MajyckToad likes this

TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Some ppl states that using it is noobish cause its OP.

I'm debating whether or not to take this bait

Charcoal

Charcoal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Rev-GL Gren with it's 400+ alphas can be quite a thing.

Edited by Charcoal, 10 July 2015 - 05:23 PM.

• MechFighter5e3bf9, driedjello and CraftyDus like this

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

I have both Rocketeer and Grenadier (Ketchup'Jizah and Mustard'Jizah respectively). I use Ketchup more. Rocketeer is much more a support mech you can pester people with, or get in that long distance kill.

Mustard gets love too, but it's more mid ranged than anything. If it's your bag, buy it.

• Badtings likes this

Lioot

Lioot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

You obviously want the scout. Very area-denial meck. Its also very support. You shouldn't try to go without your team.

Yes, there is also shot leading and compensating for drops as you drop down onto your opponents from above

MajyckToad

MajyckToad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Honestly, i've used EOC Rocketeer more than the HEAT or Vulcan Gren. why, you ask? Because it's more FUN!

Sorry, no dev Wonder, or coding or "expert" Fabulosity. Fun.

• comic_sans likes this

BkeETgs.jpg

SatelliteJack

SatelliteJack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Apparently I'm in the minority, but I love my Rocketeer.* Yes, the in-game aimbot is awesome, but more importantly, the Rocketeer is a master of suppression. It can mold the battlefield like nothing else. As soon as someone gets a lock-on warning, they either head for cover or take off running. In either case, you have done your job of removing an enemy from the fight. You don't need kills to do the job. And even if you did, the Rocketeer has serious offensive potential, being able to rain down a righteous fury of rockets on enemies in mid range, and finish off runners on their last legs. Even in face range, dumbfires can dish out damage, with the added bonus of reloading faster.

*Note: The following opinion is based on experiences in ~1700 MMR. Studies have shown that the higher your MMR gets, the less effective the Rocketeer becomes. Your mileage may vary.

Edited by SatelliteJack, 13 July 2015 - 04:54 PM.

• Neraste and Badtings like this

cUB1aCW.jpg?2

System64

System64

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

The Seeker deals 50 damage per rocket (calculated from self damage). The Rev-GL does 85 damage per grenade (also self damage). So the Grenadier has higher damage, but if you don't like grenades and prefer rockets I suggest you get the Bruiser, Rocketeer or any mech with a TOW rocket.

d9133aa6ec.jpg

HHJFTRU

HHJFTRU

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

My worst Siege experience so far was when we played against a team that had a good Grenadier. Brrrrr. Don't even want to remember.....

Edited by HHJFTRU, 10 July 2015 - 10:54 PM.

Ceterum censeo ... bootcamp-servers!  &:

#rapidMMR4newaccounts      #removethedelay

#morespeed4EOC                 #lessspread4T-32

#buffG2R                               #nerfZerk'n'Assault

#dosomethingwithHF             #noisesupression4breacher

THANKS FOR THIS AWESOME GAME!

driedjello

driedjello

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Gren by a country mile.  The damage you can deal is unholy and is deadly in a dual as long as the pilot is skilled.  Nothing trashes the confidence of a scout after getting instagibed in a duel with a gren.  The gren is the king of mechs!

• Charcoal likes this

dark.png

comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Also, since you chose gren: try not to fire the rev gl willy nilly if you're in a 1v1ish situation.  Fire it so it hits with your big GL, or at least only when your enemy is on the ground or enormous enough to hit in the air.  2 revgl+gl combos will basically pop any A class.

Edited by cosmic_spand, 11 July 2015 - 12:05 AM.

• driedjello likes this

100% Hamburger | #becomeinpopcorn

AOTbYIL.png

HepTagoN

HepTagoN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

I'm debating whether or not to take this bait

Im not trolling you. I play gren only @eu, and sometimes ppl cries that vulcan gren is for noobs
  • TheButtSatisfier likes this

TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Im not trolling you. I play gren only @eu, and sometimes ppl cries that vulcan gren is for noobs

I see where you're coming from - and I'm actually surprised I don't see more people in NA saying the same thing.

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

The Seeker deals 50 damage per rocket (calculated from self damage). The Rev-GL does 85 damage per grenade (also self damage). So the Grenadier has higher damage,

But the Rocketeer has better range.

Just saying, it isn't all about damage. Or else Vulcan would be used over SMC or AR all the time.

Mech__Warrior

Mech__Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I, personally, LOVE the Rocketeer.

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

spam

Bazookagofer

Bazookagofer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

I was going to post something helpful but after reading previous replies I decided I would be beating a dead horse. Instead I will post this haiku.

An old silent pond...

A frog jumps into the pond,

splash! Silence again.

Written by this guy

Basho Matsuo

Who lived and croaked some 400 years ago in Japan.

Odinous

Odinous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

while i do love my Heat Rocketeer,i would say stick with Grenadier,cause as u climb to higher tier matches,u will get stomped as rocketeer a lot(unless u keep distance..but for how long?)

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

There are only few good (EU) players with rocketeer, I've seen one of them flying in Origin, it was a really nice ballet. I was quite impressed.

BTW the vulgren is OP? good, save your ability for flying fuzzy bunny A-class and pick some repair charges.

IRZUTYo.png

gXO9Nfd.pngmXasTsY.pngft4VqcE.png

KDR Member | Streamer | Priority Target II

Spoiler

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

I think that a lot of people would be surprised just how much more effective a standard Seeker Rocketeer can be when you've had enough practice with it.

I have one with Seeker, Air Compressor, The 25% more health from orbs thing, Orb MKIII and Shields.  I very frequently surprise the heck out of even high level players with my ability to stay away, stay away, stay away, hide behind shields with orbs... then quickly change tactics to be up close and personal, raining dumb-fired Hellfire rockets on them.  I think it's partially the air-dodge that fools them.  And I suspect folks are also not used to fighting an adept Rocketeer up close - that extra few seconds of confusion seems to buy me just enough time to get in a few good hits and seal their death.

EDIT:  This is not to say that I don't feel the Rocketeer is still at a deficiency.  It needs some help after Adhesive left it stuck in the early stages of a balancing to the tracking abilities of Hellfires and Seekers... and it should have a special ability (that is to say that I don't call turret (suicide) mode an ability).

Edited by StubbornPuppet, 13 July 2015 - 07:57 AM.

• Odinous likes this

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

Odinous

Odinous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

i just dream about rocketeers turret mode removed and get somekind of ability..

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

i just dream about rocketeers turret mode removed and get somekind of ability..

Oh, see, I don't think the turret mode should be removed at all.  I think all C-Class mechs should have turret mode... but it should be a different button and not count as their "ability".  Then, the C's that don't have an actual "special ability" should be given one - like Rocketeer could have a "multi-target lock-on" mode that lasts for 12 seconds or so.  Turret mode is absolutely neutral to the balance of the mechs that have it - going into and out of it takes so long you're a sitting duck, and mobility goes to crap in exchage for the modest boost to front-side armor.  There's no reason not to keep it, especially since that function defines the very style of all the C-Class mechs (why does a Grenadier or an Infiltrator have those big shields on their shoulders if they cannot go into turret mode?).

• Jakyll, Odinous and MomOw like this

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

Odinous

Odinous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

i agree,i always loved turret,but when adhesive removed the one from grenadier,at least they should have removed the one from rock too..till someone rework em for good.. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rocketeer, Grenadier, Mechs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users