Photo

Technician: An Overhaul & Revision

- - - - - balance technician healing balance pass helix repair torch amplification A class mech

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Draigun

Draigun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

From the moment you spawn in to the first-hand battle, generally speaking. However, it's not out of the realm of possibility to use it twice, or thrice in one life. With a 75 second cooldown, it's going to be difficult to manage another ability activation, even with the Replenisher. It's an A class mech that doesn't specialize in killing, which is where you get the most benefit out of the Replenisher.

I was going to say the delay should be removed, but it having two effects seems to alleviate some of the balance, if this turns out to be true.

TpsOr7F.png

GreyFa1con

GreyFa1con

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
Couldn't you instead just use a Raider?

Flank, Ability up, EOC + Mirv, then zoom out of there before the ability wears off.

TRIBES: Developed a server mod with 40 servers, 20 clans, and competitive league play.

PLANETSIDE: Got about 30 suggested changes implemented, and 40,000 game downloads via a 1Mb mini-installer I developed.

http://hawken.heroku...user/GreyFa1con

HugeGuts

HugeGuts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

People don't like the Technician because its healing not only multiplies the enemy force, it also wastes effort your force puts into defeating the enemy team. No one likes seeing effort go to waste.

How about instead of healing, the Helix Torch creates a damage reduction shield with its own health pool? Damage reduction multplies force without undoing effort. Here are the details:

o Creating and maintaining armor works exactly like healing does now. As in, a continuous stream as long as the Technician targets a friendly player.

o Armor points protect health points by absorbing a certain percentage of all incoming damage.

o Armor diminishes over time when not a target of the Helix Torch.

o Amplify now increases max armor points, damage absorbtion, and armor creation rate.

• HHJFTRU likes this

Draigun

Draigun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

I'm not so sure if I follow what you're saying. By "armor points", are you referring to a new resource, or the theoretical protection of HP through a damage reduction shield, therein "armor points"? It's powerful considering that each target that is affected by the Helix Repair Torch would benefit from it. In that regard, that's going to significantly buff the Technician.

Even if it's incredibly OP without healing, it still takes away from the Technician's role as another source of heal for a team. It's a major game mechanic change that would probably end up creating too many balance problems. Playing around with values that buffer other values is an almost guaranteed way to fuzzy bunny up other game mechanics already in place. Probably not the path we should go for. I stand by my original hypothetical patch values in the OP.

TpsOr7F.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: balance, technician, healing, balance pass, helix repair torch, amplification, A class mech

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users