Photo

PRO HAWKEN: How are you playing? (mouse, keypad, JOYSTICK?!)

- - - - - mouse keypad control pro joystick wasd keyboard gaming

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Old as balls and filthy HP keyboard from at least 1994 that still has all the resounding perfect clack from the day it was made, and a logitech g500s for pointin at stuff.  I don't even have a big mousepad and I keep forgetting to get one.

Edited by cringe_smells, 23 September 2015 - 06:31 PM.

100% Hamburger | #becomeinpopcorn

AOTbYIL.png

Bergwein

Bergwein

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

A Logitech B100 Business Mouse (8 bucks) and a Logitech K280e Business Keyboard (15 bucks).

Spoiler

• Shoutaxeror likes this

kvazarsky

kvazarsky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Logitech g700 (bought for other games), standard keyboard and mousepad. Movement, dodge, boost, spot enemy and repair on keyboard, other stuff on mouse.

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

Ooooh yay, someone else that uses joysticks, though I use two, do to ease on carpel tunnel related issues, though I never did like the saiteks and went dual thrustmaster hotas warthogs instead.

I chose this Saitek for two very good reasons.

1) it is ambidextrous and I intended using it left handed. Most* joysticks are moulded for right hand use only.

2) It has enough programmable buttons that I can play without taking my hand off the controls (excluding chat typing).

I still use mouse right handed for aiming. Aiming with a joystick would be super fuzzy bunny.

cbrxx

cbrxx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Skrub here.

I use a logitech g13 game pad and the thumb joystick mapped to wasd for movement.  Also the tracking on the Logitech g502 mouse is splendid.

I hot key my secondary to fire with what would normally be the d button on a keyboard on the game pad to keep the mouse steady.   I've found it helps immensely.

Edited by cbrxx, 25 September 2015 - 02:48 AM.

Derpy Hooves

Derpy Hooves

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

I chose this Saitek for two very good reasons.

1) it is ambidextrous and I intended using it left handed. Most* joysticks are moulded for right hand use only.

2) It has enough programmable buttons that I can play without taking my hand off the controls (excluding chat typing).

I still use mouse right handed for aiming. Aiming with a joystick would be super fuzzy bunny.

I ordered both of mine direct from Thrustmaster, and explained the use and they were more than happy to customize one for left hand use while leaving the other for right hand use. Though I got some nerve damage in my right hand so keeping that hand steady is hard to do which makes mouse play far more diffcult for aiming, where as the stick makes is much much easier since I can set a deadzone for inputs.

tTIViUr.png

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
doesn't have deadzone, but if you just needed a different grip, this funky near-joystick-shaped mouse by 3M would have you covered...

feels like a joystick, works as a mouse.

ErgoMouseOverview.jpg

Edited by 6ixxer, 28 September 2015 - 05:31 PM.

TAZ_

TAZ_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
Its hard to use gamepad, playing this game.. I've ever tried once.. And i'm run out of button i could use..

(08:35:47 PM) Ashfire908: auth taz_ blacklist
(08:35:48 PM) ScrimBot: 'taz_' has been added to the 'blacklist' group.

Zabukovic

Zabukovic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

How am I playing Hawken?  This:

4V80b4c.jpg

• Meraple and comic_sans like this

ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
i use a cheap logitech joystick!

its fun to use albiat its not viable at all and if you care about kdr or mmr then stay clear away unless you can fully master a dual joystick setup/hotas for them xD

*SCREECHING* 

Pleasure_Mortar

Pleasure_Mortar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

The same stuff I use for work. 

Apple keyboard and Razer Death Adder.

I recently tried my old n52te, predecessor of the tartarus, but i could get used to it, felt horrible.

Edited by Pleasure_Mortar, 26 October 2015 - 03:05 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mouse, keypad, control, pro, joystick, wasd, keyboard, gaming

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users