• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

lo_spaghetto

lo_spaghetto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

I just recently realized this with my mouse...

If I move my mouse faster on the table (same distance, less time) -> the reticule moves slower (less distance)

If I move it at some constant speed, I can get the reticule to move faster over a longer distance.

Is there a way to normalize the speed at which the reticule moves, or is there some optimal setting?? I've lowered the mouse sensitivity in the in-game settings (18-15), and it doesn't really help with the overall feel.

CitkI9t.jpg

xbIxKeE.png?1

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Is there a way to normalize the speed at which the reticule moves, or is there some optimal setting??

Turn at a constant speed, up the pace every few seconds until you feel the turncap slowing you down.

Once you know that upper limit, never attempt to turn faster than that.

I've lowered the mouse sensitivity in the in-game settings (18-15), and it doesn't really help with the overall feel.

Try an even lower sensitivity; you can't turn very fast due to the turncap anyway.

• Guns_N_Rozer, Miscellaneous, LaurenEmily and 2 others like this

lo_spaghetto

lo_spaghetto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

But right now when I turn fast, it actually slows down. Is there a way to keep it at the max turn rate and not have it slow down if I increase my mouse speed?

CitkI9t.jpg

xbIxKeE.png?1

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

...are you fuzzing serious?

You have mouse acceleration on.

lo_spaghetto

lo_spaghetto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

I don't think I have it on because the mouse feels pretty consistent with other fps games I play. I just want my reticule speed to not decrease even if I move my mouse really fast and break the turncap speed. 

CitkI9t.jpg

xbIxKeE.png?1

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts
Just learn to play around it.
  • EM1O likes this

jWZL3Hm.jpg

Thanks to Badtings for this awesome banner!

HOHOHOSANTA

HOHOHOSANTA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

you can try changing the resolution of your screen if your running 1080 ingame settings, try 720. Also the surface that your mouse is on can make a difference, if u downloaded the program for your specific mouse, u can run surface tests. Some mice do better on cloth, some do better on metal, etc. Normally I leave everything the same except the ingame mouse sensi, which I have at 20 and just mess with DPI's through the actual mouse.

What type of mouse do you have, sounds like its not caliberated.

MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

i think its because the mouse spits out its data fast and if the game isnt acepting it fast enough it ignores some causing you to end up getting les counts per inch so the onlything that works for me is improving your frameratetry overclocking and or cooling upgrades etc

wischatesjesus

wischatesjesus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

That's literally just how the turn rate cap is enforced in Hawken.

Unless you're seeing this issue in other games as well then nothing is out of the ordinary.

oFFOtRH.jpg

High Tier Cabal (Noun): A group of people who used to play Hawken.  

MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

spaghettos right i have the same issue when i move mouse slowly it reacts far greater than when i move it quickly i get far less turn for instance if i swipe slowly for 2 seconds ill get far more turn than if i swiped fast for 2 seconds and when my framerate is good it reacts well enough for me to not notice, must be 70+ to me or mouse gets super slow input forcing me to go higher sensitivity just to be able to make a full turn on the mouse pad

Edited by MechFighter5e3bf9, 18 February 2017 - 12:13 PM.

ArchMech

ArchMech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

this is the games NEGATIVE mouse acceleration, its....complicated... faster mouse movements OR higher sensitivity settings OR higher DPIs do the REVERSE of optimizing your reticule speed to be the "turn rate cap"

turning mouse accel off in your OS, ingame settings, settings config, or even through your mouses proprietary driver settings for higher end mice, does jack all to stop this, im pretty sure theres something in the client that forces this but ive no way to find out,

mechfighters comment leads me think theres a complex algorithm that runs a bunch of numbers about FoV (frame rate? probably not) mouse input and mesh actor camera angles to find out if it needs to throttle the user

ive lobbied for weakening the threshold of activation on this throttling to allow for more easily adjustable user mouse settings to ease interaction and reticule speed correlation in the past but..... i mean ive seen no dev documentation to know where that threshold IS and havent sifted the configs in a WHILE to see if i can find it, nor have i lobbied for this in recent enough times to keep it a relevant topic but... yea

ultimately it would require a change to the PC codebase likely to resolve any issues or disagreements over this, but what I want to know is how the FK the devs handled this when it came down to console controller joystick to reticule correlation lmao

i mean its not like their playtesters could have missed it, nor would the devs have overlooked documentation about it, its likely ingrained somewhere in the documentation about the turn cap?

Edited by ArchMech, 18 February 2017 - 05:00 PM.

• lo_spaghetto likes this

don't mind me, i'm just on a crusade against humanity, by the end of my lifespan earth's population will be 8 billion+ trolls

ArchMech

ArchMech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

imma go poke czero5

don't mind me, i'm just on a crusade against humanity, by the end of my lifespan earth's population will be 8 billion+ trolls

MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

https://dl.dropboxus...awkenConfig.zipthese config files i have worked on and got my framerate and input just right it may have some kind of insigt for someone or at least help lag less

ps: when i have mouse sensitivity of windows at middle and mouse cpi about 630-720 hawkens sensetivity slider starts making a large swing when the slider is around 15-30 suddenly the mouse doesnt take a ton of movement it only takes a little and its verymuch in this range it happenes

Edited by MechFighter5e3bf9, 19 February 2017 - 03:49 PM.

• lo_spaghetto likes this

ArchMech

ArchMech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

ill just take your word for it mechfighter

• MechFighter5e3bf9 likes this

lo_spaghetto

lo_spaghetto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

this is the games NEGATIVE mouse acceleration, its....complicated... faster mouse movements OR higher sensitivity settings OR higher DPIs do the REVERSE of optimizing your reticule speed to be the "turn rate cap"

turning mouse accel off in your OS, ingame settings, settings config, or even through your mouses proprietary driver settings for higher end mice, does jack all to stop this, im pretty sure theres something in the client that forces this but ive no way to find out,

mechfighters comment leads me think theres a complex algorithm that runs a bunch of numbers about FoV (frame rate? probably not) mouse input and mesh actor camera angles to find out if it needs to throttle the user

ive lobbied for weakening the threshold of activation on this throttling to allow for more easily adjustable user mouse settings to ease interaction and reticule speed correlation in the past but..... i mean ive seen no dev documentation to know where that threshold IS and havent sifted the configs in a WHILE to see if i can find it, nor have i lobbied for this in recent enough times to keep it a relevant topic but... yea

ultimately it would require a change to the PC codebase likely to resolve any issues or disagreements over this, but what I want to know is how the FK the devs handled this when it came down to console controller joystick to reticule correlation lmao

i mean its not like their playtesters could have missed it, nor would the devs have overlooked documentation about it, its likely ingrained somewhere in the documentation about the turn cap?

https://dl.dropboxus...awkenConfig.zipthese config files i have worked on and got my framerate and input just right it may have some kind of insigt for someone or at least help lag less

ps: when i have mouse sensitivity of windows at middle and mouse cpi about 630-720 hawkens sensetivity slider starts making a large swing when the slider is around 20-25 suddenly the mouse doesnt take a ton of movement it only takes a little and its verymuch in this range it happenes

^^wow interesting...

I dont feel any throttling now that I lowered my sensitivity to 15 haha. Hopefully we'll have come content patch soon. That's important.

Thanks for communicating with the devs Archmech.

CitkI9t.jpg

xbIxKeE.png?1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mouse

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users